Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677084 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
irshadmuaz:
Hello all, please i just want to confirm if police report and medical reports are required for US student visa?

Police report: no but its expected that you should not be a criminal or ex con cool
Medical report :NO

However most schools would expect your immunization history and if any is missing then you are expected to take them either before you arrive or within your first month of arrival
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
@ dellapi2
Congrats .. God bless the lady always.. Very friendly ..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
irshadmuaz:
Please i would like to know if it is possible to change the school for which study visa has been granted after arriving in the US given sevis form of the new school I want to change to is at hand?

Please advise is this possible?

Yes you can transfer after getting the visa to another school .

The process usually is that you notify the current school's international office of your intention to transfer. The current school adviser will then have to transfer your SEVIS record to the New School with a transfer out date given. Until that transfer is done then new school cannot issue you a new I-20 (F-1 status).

You would be expected to fill out a new i-20 request form in the new school and once transfer is done and you get the new i20 then off you go .

The key to transfer is that your current school should release your SEVIS to the new school…If they don’t for whatever reason then hummmm you have a problem . If they do then it is not complicated process

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
@ qhutetomsel

Congrats ... Pls anybody going to embassy for interview DONT EVER LISTEN TO THE STREET GUYS.. Pls and pls..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
zollar4life:
Please can I pay for my servis fee here with my friend's credit card from Canada.
Please urgent!!!

As long as your country of origin is Nigeria, credit card can't be use as payment option for you.

Make use of western union
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
@ slimmy2005

Baba welcome back.. Miss u here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Congrats Tayhur009. Your took every advice and finally got it. I wish you all the best.

Samson, congrats and also welcome to ETSU, it's unfortunate I have just few months left. See you in Fall.

Meekandholy, thank God you took the advice and ran far from Concordia. You deserve a better school.

NairaSea2, congrats.
Whaooo!!.. God is great!.. Tayo Oya je kon mo..

Did you get my mail?@slimmy2005
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Congrats Tayhur009. Your took every advice and finally got it. I wish you all the best.

Samson, congrats and also welcome to ETSU, it's unfortunate I have just few months left. See you in Fall.

Meekandholy, thank God you took the advice and ran far from Concordia. You deserve a better school.

NairaSea2, congrats.

Yea TY finally got it, I am glad and happy and to God be the glory..

Welcome back on board, It's been a while
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
zollar4life:
Please can I pay for my servis fee here with my friend's credit card from Canada.
Please urgent!!!

A quick trip to google will provide some basic answer tongue

A prospective F or M student with a country of citizenship or country of birth Nigeria
must pay by ONLY ONE OF THESE THREE METHODS.
1, money order,
2. Western Union Quick Pay or
3. certified check drawn from a U.S. bank.

For Nigeria THERE IS NO OPTION FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
profojah2:

Check your Manage The Network
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
malory84:

Ok. Noted. Honestly, I am not going to be there permanently. I actually plan on returning. I hope they are able to deduce that. Thanks alot.
Yeah sure, so it doesn't matter.

Ok. You're welcome. Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
If it is Madison...
cc godG
My Nigga, the odds of you not getting your visa is -0.0000000000000001. Congrats and have a nice stay in Kansas. Network well and I sure do trust you on that.

Fly easy and safe.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
profojah2:

I've got a lot going on and it's really hitting me hard. I will try to check as soon as I'm outta work.

Nigga what's the way forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Walspring:

Yea TY finally got it, I am glad and happy and to God be the glory..

Welcome back on board, It's been a while
Yeah I was glad when I got his mail this morning. My co-workers were wondering what exactly made me so excited.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Yeah I was glad when I got his mail this morning. My co-workers were wondering what exactly made me so excited.

Same thing here because when he told me via phone this money I was screaming and shouting and people are wondering what's going on with me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
profx4real:

Thanks bro, I look forward to seeing you soon also.
Oh couldn't figure your Nairaland ID. Try to be here atleast two weeks before resumption, so you can attend orientation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
My Nigga, the odds of you not getting your visa is -0.0000000000000001. Congrats and have a nice stay in Kansas. Network well and I sure do trust you on that.

Fly easy and safe.
Gracias senor smiley
Good to have you back cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Walspring:

As long as your country of origin is Nigeria, credit card can't be use as payment option for you.

Make use of western union
Lol. These guys are still afraid of Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Cute morgan aiye.. There is God... Gunther6 pele... It is well.. But shey u no na cus u no gimme that bowl of garri I asked from you last week. U went to soak it alone now see wetin don happen..(author=cutemorgan post=46416675]Congrats dellapi2 and qhutetomsel... Better days ahead smiley[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by irshadmuaz: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
DareFadi:

Yes you can transfer after getting the visa to another school .

The process usually is that you notify the current school's international office of your intention to transfer. The current school adviser will then have to transfer your SEVIS record to the New School with a transfer out date given. Until that transfer is done then new school cannot issue you a new I-20 (F-1 status).

You would be expected to fill out a new i-20 request form in the new school and once transfer is done and you get the new i20 then off you go .

The key to transfer is that your current school should release your SEVIS to the new school…If they don’t for whatever reason then hummmm you have a problem . If they do then it is not complicated process
thank you so much very detailed response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by irshadmuaz: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
DareFadi:

Police report: no but its expected that you should not be a criminal or ex con cool
Medical report :NO

However most schools would expect your immunization history and if any is missing then you are expected to take them either before you arrive or within your first month of arrival
thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:

Gracias senor smiley
Good to have you back cheesy
como estas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
Walspring:

Check your Manage The Network
Seen!.. Thanks bro.. Your head is there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by awe2015(f): 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
Here are some advice I would suggest for those here and those intending to come over for studies:

1. Do not come here with your Naira MasterCard! Try and change all your naira to dollar before coming. You can store your dollar inside your carry-on baggage and always take it with you even if you are in the rest room.

2. Get a token from your bank. I will suggest Gtbank because they are swift and easy to use. This will help you each time you need to send money home.

3. Find an African Market that deals on Money Exchange. For example, there is a black market here in Rhode Island called Toof's Market (African Market; they sell African food and also deal on money exchange), they sell $1 for N342. Say you wish to send say $100 Home it will total: N34,200. It will definitely be to your own advantage since Western Union and MoneyGram still sell at N197 per dollar...so calculate it and see were your loss and profit emerges. All you would need is to fill out a form and put your Nigerian account number (Gtbank or any bank with token) as the receiver. You will in turn transfer the cash from the comfort of your room to home.

4. Apply for Graduate Assistantship before coming. But if you got denied, do not worry. Once you arrive and have registered for a course or two, check around first in your school's career's website and apply for any available GA positions. Furthermore, follow your application up by visiting the different departments you applied to; whether GA or other positions, after a day or two (this is called being "pro-active" -thanks to bigfrancis1 cheesy). Print a copy of your resume and cover letter, dress descent. Each department your visit present yourself this way: "Hi, my name is ...I'm an international graduate student. I recently applied for this position and would like to follow up on my application...here are the hard copies of my resume and cover letter" Depending on what you conclude with them, just smile. They may either tell you to keep in touch or keep in touch yourself. Call them after every 3 days or one week to get an update on your application (do this nicely).

5. If you are granted any Job On-Campus, use your offer letter to apply for your social security number. This is very important, because, at most times, SSN is used in building and having a record of good credit history. You can also apply for Credit Cards...if you want to begin that, I'll suggest you either begin with Capital One, Bank of America (apply immediately you open an account with them with your SSN), American Express, Chase, Discover, etc. If not, just chill until you are ready. THIS IS NOT A MUST

6. If you've gotten an apartment, please be careful of the letters you receive as some of them are scams (Cruise scam, grocery coupon scams, etc). Any offer you receive that you never applied for, do not claim it, they will definitely request many personal information and money that could be of your own detriment.

7. Be focused, pray always and be positive!

I'll remember more as time goes on...Cheers guys!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
DeeTus:
Lol. These guys are still afraid of Nigeria.

Lol... Past records!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
profojah2:

Seen!.. Thanks bro.. Your head is there

For sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nice piece but I kind of disagree with no. 1 cos the ban on using naira cards abroad might be lifted anytime. Miracles do happen you know. Some people (like me) are seriously praying they reconsider that issue of not being able to use our card abroad. And like Angelapinkytoes said, what's the use of having all the naira and not being able to spend.

awe2015:
Here are some advice I would suggest for those here and those intending to come over for studies:

1. Do not come here with your Naira MasterCard! Try and change all your naira to dollar before coming. You can store your dollar inside your carry-on baggage and always take it with you even if you are in the rest room.

2. Get a token from your bank. I will suggest Gtbank because they are swift and easy to use. This will help you each time you need to send money home.

3. Find an African Market that deals on Money Exchange. For example, there is a black market here in Rhode Island called Toof's Market (African Market; they sell African food and also deal on money exchange), they sell $1 for N342. Say you wish to send say $100 Home it will total: N34,200. It will definitely be to your own advantage since Western Union and MoneyGram still sell at N197 per dollar...so calculate it and see were your loss and profit emerges. All you would need is to fill out a form and put your Nigerian account number (Gtbank or any bank with token) as the receiver. You will in turn transfer the cash from the comfort of your room to home.

4. Apply for Graduate Assistantship before coming. But if you got denied, do not worry. Once you arrive and have registered for a course or two, check around first in your school's career's website and apply for any available GA positions. Furthermore, follow your application up by visiting the different departments you applied to; whether GA or other positions, after a day or two (this is called being "pro-active" -thanks to bigfrancis1 cheesy). Print a copy of your resume and cover letter, dress descent. Each department your visit present yourself this way: "Hi, my name is ...I'm an international graduate student. I recently applied for this position and would like to follow up on my application...here are the hard copies of my resume and cover letter" Depending on what you conclude with them, just smile. They may either tell you to keep in touch or keep in touch yourself. Call them after every 3 days or one week to get an update on your application (do this nicely).

5. If you are granted any Job On-Campus, use your offer letter to apply for your social security number. This is very important, because, at most times, SSN is used in building and having a record of good credit history. You can also apply for Credit Cards...if you want to begin that, I'll suggest you either begin with Capital One, Bank of America (apply immediately you open an account with them with your SSN), American Express, Chase, Discover, etc. If not, just chill until you are ready. THIS IS NOT A MUST

6. If you've gotten an apartment, please be careful of the letters you receive as some of them are scams (Cruise scam, grocery coupon scams, etc). Any offer you receive that you never applied for, do not claim it, they will definitely request many personal information and money that could be of your own detriment.

7. Be focused, pray always and be positive!

I'll remember more as time goes on...Cheers guys!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Urgent please, who knows first bank's current exchange rate? Responses are appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Baba I provided an explanation that is tenable. I no say make he no renew passport. If he renew or not e no concern me na. We no bear same name. Who renew don EEP?
DareFadi:

I never commented about 6 months validity at POE or Interview . .....

What i corrected was your statement "If you are asked just explain that you cannot renew your passport now till 3 months before it expires" .... That incorrect information

You can get a new Nigerian passport from 6 months to expiration
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
No need to worry guys. I just called the bank and they said its 340 to $1
Tods:
Urgent please, who knows first bank's current exchange rate? Responses are appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by awe2015(f): 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Tods:
Nice piece but I kind of disagree with no. 1 cos the ban on using naira cards abroad might be lifted anytime. Miracles do happen you know. Some people (like me) are seriously praying they reconsider that issue of not being able to use our card abroad. And like Angelapinkytoes said, what's the use of having all the naira and not being able to spend.

Exactly my point too, but for now, you make do with what you have, because if you come down here with money on that card, you'll definitely spend more that you would have to if you were in Nigeria. Bank and Billing company charge extra fees, but once you carry your dollar and use it to open a US bank account, you'll never bother about these huge fees except for little tax fees they charge.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
dickoflife:
Baba I provided an explanation that is tenable. I no say make he no renew passport. If he renew or not e no concern me na. We no bear same name. Who renew don EEP?

Most people are here to learn from each other and it is vital that only accurate information is given at all time......... This person fit go to interview or won enter america and quote 3months rule only to be denied entry so who your ADVICE CON EPP !!!!!! .

My brother if you must give out advice, however little , abeg it should be accurate .........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.