Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676321 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
djmakson:

We saw his white paper. BTW did you get my mail?

I did a few minutes ago... I will call the person once I get out of this horrible traffic jam... May God deliver us from peeps wey dey turn White paper to blue... But I hope that your guy is not a big Yahoo boy wanted for some crime in the US.... @slimmy05 welcome back Bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
DareFadi:

Yes you can transfer after getting the visa to another school .

The process usually is that you notify the current school's international office of your intention to transfer. The current school adviser will then have to transfer your SEVIS record to the New School with a transfer out date given. Until that transfer is done then new school cannot issue you a new I-20 (F-1 status).

You would be expected to fill out a new i-20 request form in the new school and once transfer is done and you get the new i20 then off you go .

The key to transfer is that your current school should release your SEVIS to the new school…If they don’t for whatever reason then hummmm you have a problem . If they do then it is not complicated process
How will the name of the new school transfered to reflect on the visa. Will one have to visit to the dhls to initiate the change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
@cutemorgan nor forget the level o... I dey follow you bumper to fender

@djmakson Thankx zo mush in Falz voice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by phemix: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
Cant access my NL email, pls reach me on femi.oyinkansola1@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Why are you hiding the name of the school. What is secretive about it
tayhur009:
I cannot call on Your name and end up in shame No way...... I cannot kneel before You... And kneel before men No way.... For You are my God.

My appointment was for 6:30, I got to the embassy 7:15am didn't let that keep me unbalance I was just signing Hillsong - You Are My Strength to calm my nerves. So I did all the normal routine and got into the white building, na then heart start to dey pump like wetin i know sabi, sha kept my calm. The guy in window 4 has been nice and I have been praying silently that he should be the one to interview me because he approved someone that has just like my case (2 denial). I sha finally got what I prayed for, na so i waka go meet ham.

ME: Good morning sir and how is your day going ?
VO: Good morning, my day is going good.
VO: What are your plan on visiting the US?
ME: Am going to the U.S for my Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and management at XXXX University.
VO: How did you get to know about this school?
ME: I met with international student advisor at Muson Centre during an educational workshop for undergraduate where I was briefed on the information about the school, it's track records.
VO: Nodding, So tell me what are the course you will be taking to complete this degree?
ME: Business law, Risk Management, Accounting, Statistic and Marketing principles.
VO: Why this school?
ME: They provide opportunity of an internship at top companies in the US, they offer three year accelerated graduation and also the school is ranked 4th on USNEWS as Best Value School.
VO: Good, when did you graduate high school?
ME: 2012.
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: I did my ND at YabaTech in Business Administration and Management.
VO: So tell me how did you get your shcolarship?
ME: I did a skype interview and also submitted the require documents and i was considered for a scholarship due to my outstanding profile.

Na so two of us close our mouth dey look each other face. Before him come drop my passport after I don see say him drop my passport i no even listen to ham again. Na head I just dey shake like lizard wey just jump from fence.

No document was asked

My sincere thanks and respect to @Walspring,(You have been there since day one and our waka no dey in vain trust me and yours is NEXT!!!), @slimmy2005 (Thank you for your time,editing my transcript and encouraging me not to give up, I can still remember disturbing you during your stop over in Paris I guess, to go through my former ds160 for me), @profojah ( Commander of all the girls in UNILAG each time we get the chance to talk you always have a positive thing to say and words of encouragement. TY your head valid(in OJAH voice), it was through you I met @innovativeame such a wonderful gentleman, I remember calling him sir during our Skype session and he will say Tayo my name is Augustine and not sir, your humility will take you places SIR. @sirriddy and @Amefrica thank you for being part of the journey too, @imperioux I'm waiting for my bottles sir smiley. God bless you all. Every transcript on here inspired and encouraged me not to give up after being denied August 17, 2014 and December 17, 2014. It all started two years ago and I give God all the glory for today. Dont give up on God, Cos he wont give up on you. OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
gunther6:
@cutemorgan nor forget the level o... I dey follow you bumper to fender

@djmakson Thankx zo mush in Falz voice
No qualms at all boss mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Congrats Tayhur009... Better days ahead oga mi smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
youngmoney416:
Why are you hiding the name of the school. What is secretive about it

Why do you keep demanding that people post all their personal details.
Many people do not want you to know their exact details and possibly messing things up for them.

You do not need to copy others to have a successful application.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
tayhur009:
I cannot call on Your name and end up in shame No way...... I cannot kneel before You... And kneel before men No way.... For You are my God.

My appointment was for 6:30, I got to the embassy 7:15am didn't let that keep me unbalance I was just signing Hillsong - You Are My Strength to calm my nerves. So I did all the normal routine and got into the white building, na then heart start to dey pump like wetin i know sabi, sha kept my calm. The guy in window 4 has been nice and I have been praying silently that he should be the one to interview me because he approved someone that has just like my case (2 denial). I sha finally got what I prayed for, na so i waka go meet ham.

ME: Good morning sir and how is your day going ?
VO: Good morning, my day is going good.
VO: What are your plan on visiting the US?
ME: Am going to the U.S for my Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and management at XXXX University.
VO: How did you get to know about this school?
ME: I met with international student advisor at Muson Centre during an educational workshop for undergraduate where I was briefed on the information about the school, it's track records.
VO: Nodding, So tell me what are the course you will be taking to complete this degree?
ME: Business law, Risk Management, Accounting, Statistic and Marketing principles.
VO: Why this school?
ME: They provide opportunity of an internship at top companies in the US, they offer three year accelerated graduation and also the school is ranked 4th on USNEWS as Best Value School.
VO: Good, when did you graduate high school?
ME: 2012.
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: I did my ND at YabaTech in Business Administration and Management.
VO: So tell me how did you get your shcolarship?
ME: I did a skype interview and also submitted the require documents and i was considered for a scholarship due to my outstanding profile.

Na so two of us close our mouth dey look each other face. Before him come drop my passport after I don see say him drop my passport i no even listen to ham again. Na head I just dey shake like lizard wey just jump from fence.

No document was asked

My sincere thanks and respect to @Walspring,(You have been there since day one and our waka no dey in vain trust me and yours is NEXT!!!), @slimmy2005 (Thank you for your time,editing my transcript and encouraging me not to give up, I can still remember disturbing you during your stop over in Paris I guess, to go through my former ds160 for me), @profojah ( Commander of all the girls in UNILAG each time we get the chance to talk you always have a positive thing to say and words of encouragement. TY your head valid(in OJAH voice), it was through you I met @innovativeame such a wonderful gentleman, I remember calling him sir during our Skype session and he will say Tayo my name is Augustine and not sir, your humility will take you places SIR. @sirriddy and @Amefrica thank you for being part of the journey too, @imperioux I'm waiting for my bottles sir smiley. God bless you all. Every transcript on here inspired and encouraged me not to give up after being denied August 17, 2014 and December 17, 2014. It all started two years ago and I give God all the glory for today. Dont give up on God, Cos he wont give up on you. OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL.

Thank God for the success bro...I'm also applying as an undergraduate transfer in bsc ..I'm an ND bus admin holder also.. I will pm you ..more succes IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
youngmoney416:
How will the name of the new school transfered to reflect on the visa. Will one have to visit to the dhls to initiate the change

The visa will still have the old school but it doesnt make a difference. Your current status really is reflected on your SEVIS and the number is listed on your i20 and that d document that is key. So keep it well

Regarding what happens if you leave America for holiday. You can re enter back with no problem using the old visa stamp that has the old school's name on it as long as the visa stamp is not expired (typically 2 years for masters ) , you are still in status and the student has a new I-20 with him or her and other supporting documentation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
estoy bien smiley
I am sure those heading to Johnson City this fall
would have been on your neck already.
I don't spend summer there. I'll be in Chicago till August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:

Dude, I'm transiting through Chicago. Sent you a PM a while ago sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
worry359:

Why do you keep demanding that people post all their personal details.
Many people do not want you to know their exact details and possibly messing things up for them.

You do not need to copy others to have a successful application.

Oga keep quiet, you are a known travel section troll offering your brand of 'common sense' from the Germany to Estonia and even Soviet thread, as to your 'end game' no one knows but what I consider baffling is how calling a guy out on not naming his school translates to copying but then it's probably the same logic that makes travelling with a 5 month old statement fraud...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fortissimo:

Dude, I'm transiting through Chicago. Sent you a PM a while ago sef.
Will check when I get out of work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
I think worry359 just likes to have fun in a cynical way cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
How far boss...been tryna reach ur cellphone sir... wassup with you oga mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
His facts are baseless. I wonder what is special with the hidden name. He doesn't if someone apply to that school and will learn one or two things from his transcript. Or maybe he is afraid of not getting if he post his transcript here. Let's do what is right. PEACE
sirRiddy:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
I am fine, bro smiley.
Thanks for checking on me.
I will call you in the morning
cutemorgan:

How far boss...been tryna reach ur cellphone sir... wassup with you oga mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
gunther6:

Oga keep quiet, you are a known travel section troll offering your brand of 'common sense' from the Germany to Estonia and even Soviet thread, as to your 'end game' no one knows but what I consider baffling is how calling a guy out on not naming his school translates to copying but then it's probably the same logic that makes travelling with a 5 month old statement fraud...

Lol...Na razor I go take cut those lips of yours someday. Trust me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
I am fine, bro smiley.
Thanks for checking on me.
I will call you in the morning
Alright boss mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
gunther6:

Eran ni e, gimme your number or buzz me on my MTN now now we get talk
we go jam for lag tomorrow. will call u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
Transcripts have been a major part of
this thread and would not change in the future.
However, some people would not want to reveal some details
that would give their details away.
Let us respect everyone's views here without conflicts.
It is a faceless forum, so no big deal smiley
youngmoney416:
His facts are baseless. I wonder what is special with the hidden name. He doesn't if someone apply to that school and will learn one or two things from his transcript. Or maybe he is afraid of not getting if he post his transcript here. Let's do what is right. PEACE

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Have a lovely break smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sorbitalll:
Please house, I have a friend whose visa was approved some time last month...he went to DHL to get his passport/visa and behold, he saw form 214B inside. He has a full GA and didn't submit any document at the embassy. He has emailed them but they are yet to reply or didn't reply. Does any one know how to go about this.

Sorbitalll:

It will expire by 2018 and he did paid his sevis

There must be a reason for that or other things were involved... There was an issue similar to that I think last year the applicant was granted visa and few hours later (s)he was called to come and pick the passport that and visa denied..

I suggest the person should reapply and this time the person will get the visa but trust me it's not easy to overcome this kind of thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
Transcripts have been a major part of
this thread and would not change in the future.
However, some people would not want to reveal some details
that would give their details away.
Let us respect everyone's views here without conflicts.
It is a faceless forum, so no big deal smiley

A time will come when the rules of engagement on this thread will be determined. At a particular point on this thread you could come in and ask, who is currently studying at University of Wyoming, someone will point it out... I know godG studies at Madison I can beep him up and ask about the situation of things should I want to apply or heading there, many people applied to ETSU because of slimmy... Maybe I will even chose to run my PhD at Kansas just so I can disturb you...

Soon on this thread people will ask who is studying at a particular university we won't know because bobbycashville is studying at so so and so university in bleep state , Tayhur is studying at **** university in ### state... We are not asking for your bio data and you are prolly not the only one heading to your school, if the VO's wants to get you not naming your school won't save you also if Nigerian Airforce 'Benin Division' is coming for you, bleep will not help... Like you said its a faceless forum.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
Well said.
The incredible resources on this thread has helped a lot of us.
I am privileged to be part of this great thread and would forever be indebted
to everyone here for help, motivation and love. It is a moral duty for people to keep
posting their experiences here, that would keep expanding the gigantic repositiory we already have.
However, it is a choice and we should be careful not to allow unnecessary banters derail the thread.
In other news, fuel price dey rise while naira dey fall. Which way sef?
gunther6:

A time will come when the rules of engagement on this thread will be determined. At a particular point on this thread you could come in and ask, who is currently studying at University of Wyoming, someone will point it out... I know godG studies at Madison I can beep him up and ask about the situation of things should I want to apply or heading there, many people applied to ETSU because of slimmy... Maybe I will even chose to run my PhD at Kansas just so I can disturb you...

Soon on this thread people will ask who is studying at a particular university we won't know because bobbycashville is studying at so so and so university in bleep state , Tayhur is studying at **** university in ### state... We are not asking for your bio data and you are prolly not the only one heading to your school, if the VO's wants to get you not naming your school won't save you also if Nigerian Airforce 'Benin Division' is coming for you, bleep will not help... Like you said its a faceless forum.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
One bottle of odeku for you. PEACE
gunther6:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
djmakson:

Lol...Na razor I go take cut those lips of yours someday. Trust me!

You cut my lips with razor I will not sue you in a criminal court because I no want make you go jail, I will sue you in a civil court just so I can take all your summer earnings and GA stipend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
zollar4life:
@walspring
I got someone to pay my servis fee in US now and he told me he saw options of money order etc ,please won't that take time and is that how people pay servis fee?

Money order takes 5-7 days approximately 10 if there is delay in the processing of the payment

Just tell the person to use Western union and within 10 minutes it will reflect..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
zollar4life:
@walspring
Thanks so much for the quick and precise response sir.
I'm actually going for MPA-MS in Nursing dual program in Binghamton university NY with valid B1/B2 and have mailed a prof in the school asking if I can work with her in the current project since my topic is related and she said she will like to meet meet me to discuss current endeavors and future opportunities.

1) please should I respond with?
2) what should I prepare for?
3)How should I go about it?

Thanks alot sir... God increase you greatly

Kindly prepare for everything because It can come from any corner and it won't be good if you sit on a fence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
gunther6:

I did a few minutes ago... I will call the person once I get out of this horrible traffic jam... May God deliver us from peeps wey dey turn White paper to blue... But I hope that your guy is not a big Yahoo boy wanted for some crime in the US.... @slimmy05 welcome back Bro

Amen in the name of Jesus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
youngmoney416:

No need to visit DHS and It won't reflect on current visa, I think the next visa when renewing

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.