Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677337 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
DareFadi:

Saying you choose a school because their acceptance rate is high..

That doesnt sound like a good reason to have said. In most cases the lower the acceptance rate d better the school is . Not the other way round .

Let him go apply to a better school... MBA IS very competitive in the job market in the us so F1 is just one step. U always have to think about plan or life after F1.... if u go to a rubbish school for MBA u sure will not get a job offer letter . MBA is all about the school you attended and its network .let him try Howard University. He must not be in Texas. Blc even an answer like he always wanted to school in texas . Not good response either

All should take a cue from this..You go to a lowly ranked school for MBA and you find yourself on the streets except you go the IT consulting way.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
don4ye:
Dear LagosNIV,

With sincerity and humility, I will like you to help on this issue again. More clerification we need sir.

Hello VO, I went for F1 interview last month and I was told by the consular officer that my visa is approved and I should pick it up in 3 days time. To my greatest surprised I found form 214b within my passport, saying denied. Any ideal what could have caused it. Thank you

Thanks

No need spamming this thread with this. The VO won't tell you any other thing apart from false representation or fraud as has already been mentioned. Like someone already mentioned, they still some checks after the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
lazywriter:

We landed around 3:15 PM, so did several other flights entering the US through Chicago O'Hare; the Airport was packed full.

As usual, I joined the non-immigrant queue about 20 minutes after landing. Like play like play, I spent 2 hours + on the queue before it got to my turn. During the wait, the sniffer dogs came to my box - in my mind I was like "ma lo koba mi o", but they didn't pick any scent.

So I walked up to this white man who just came back from his lunch break at the POE. I passed him my passport and my I20. He scanned my passport then asked where I was going, where I will be staying which I told him. I don't know if Oyinbos are allergic to Nigerian scent cause he just kept sneezing when he touched my passport, so did the two other ladies I gave my passport to in school.

After the questions, he stamped my passport and handed it back to me. Then off I went to find my luggages.

PS: if you need to find a bus/train station or something, mind who you ask. Na so I ask like five different people for Illinois Bus Terminal and they all told me the same WRONG thing which made me miss the bus I had booked from Naija.

I've always told people with ORD POE and connecting with another flight..If you don't allow enough time, you will miss your flight!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by winson4real(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
hefhem39:
@WINSON4REAL, congrat on your visa sometimes last weak.
I don pm you. Do reply.
Also going to MUS.

Thanks bro.

I have replied your pm.

Kindly reply back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please guys,I got so many mails and I only offered 4,500dollars only. Am only giving out to 2people on here who mailed me first on Saturday. The first guy offered me 300naira for 2500 and the other person got it for 290naira for 2000dollars. The rest who mailed me,accept my apologies I can't share myself in bits. But I will do something bigger early next month that's when I book my British airways flight. Thank you y'all for understanding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
MrAmberson:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I do have work experience, after my NYSC finished in 2012 i went on to work till 2014 when i left to do my MBA at Lagos Business school and i just finished that in April. I guess that takes care of what i have been doing since. Yeah the name of the school sells itself. I also don't have a test score to report because Yale has a partnership with Lagos Business School and so i was told that i could submit the score from my entrance examination to Lagos Business School which was sent by my school directly (as they dont give this to students).

Finally i am in the recruiting process for some well known global consulting firms for their Lagos office, will it help if i bring this up and perhaps print the email correspondences i have had with them about this.

In your case, You dont need all that for Yale , to get admission is not beans so the VO knows you have crossed all those T and I........If your test score is mentioned just say exactly what you typed now .

what you need to do is sell yourself well . Talk briefly about you work experience, your transition to do an MBA and how you want to strengthen that MBA with this masters. . .......See below a powerful statement i saw on their website . Common that all you need . Take that statement and make it into one powerful sentence and make it your own so you dont sound like a textboook . That all the selling point you need

Master of Advanced Management
Join a group of emerging leaders from all corners of the globe for intensive study, exchange, and professional development.. The MAM is a one-year degree program at Yale School of Management for exceptional MBA graduates from Global Network for Advanced Management schools who aspire to become global leaders for business and society.

when you start the school, make sure you attend the next National Black MBA conference and go get yourself a good internship. MUST attend oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
imperiouxx:

I don't know it's almost impossible now to change naira to dollar from the _aboki like I did when I was coming until someone told me. What the hell is happening in Nigeria? It's sad that you guys are experiencing this even when you've decided to leave the country for the government.

Bros how did you do it, sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Princessiyaye1:
Pls I need help
I have applied for US visa three times and been refused all three .I don't know if it's because of my age cos the secind time i went d vo was particular about wen i pass out fm nysc or my responses .here is my transcript below.
Vo: were are u going to
Me: to bla
Vo: y
Me: 4 masters
Vo: how many schools did u apply to
Me: I named dem
Vo:y did u choose dis school
Me: because it offers my course of interest and d tuitions free is extremely affordable and they are quick in replying my mails.
Vo: how old are u
Me: I will be bla bla in December .
Vo: who is paying .
Me: my daddy
Vo: what does he do:
Me :he works with bla bla bla
Vo: did u tk any tx
Me: no
Vo: what av u been doing
Me: I keep my self busy in my small fish farm were I grow n sell fish.

Pls ur advise is needed cos I don't no wat 2 do or should I tk d GRE exam? But its nt part of d school requirements

Stop all this bla .. Write full conversation.. No VO is coming here to check any transcript.. Once you did not have any false documents..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrAmberson: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
DareFadi:

In your case, You dont need all that for Yale , to get admission is not beans so the VO knows you have crossed all those T and I........If your test score is mentioned just say exactly what you typed now .

what you need to do is sell yourself well . Talk briefly about you work experience, your transition to do an MBA and how you want to strengthen that MBA with this masters. . .......See below a powerful statement i saw on their website . Common that all you need . Take that statement and make it into one powerful sentence and make it your own so you dont sound like a textboook . That all the selling point you need

Master of Advanced Management
Join a group of emerging leaders from all corners of the globe for intensive study, exchange, and professional development.. The MAM is a one-year degree program at Yale School of Management for exceptional MBA graduates from Global Network for Advanced Management schools who aspire to become global leaders for business and society.

when you start the school, make sure you attend the next National Black MBA conference and go get yourself a good internship. MUST attend oo

Thanks man i appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
jeniver64:
Guys pls am filling my ds160,pls can I put my resumption date as my intended date of arrival

No. Use a week to resumption .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
MrAmberson:

Thanks man i appreciate.

just go through the transcripts on the various parts here and develop some response (u be fine if u sell urself well ) and dress smartly. Give them some nice suit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrAmberson: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
DareFadi:

just go through the transcripts on the various parts here and develop some response (u be fine if u sell urself well ) and dress smartly. Give them some nice suit

wink will do lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lazywriter: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
biikeys:

I've always told people with ORD POE and connecting with another flight..If you don't allow enough time, you will miss your flight!

I had 3 hours in between landing time and bus departure time.

My problem was that I was in the wrong bus terminal and it takes about 10-15minutes to get to the right one from where I was.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Please guys,I got so many mails and I only offered 4,500dollars only. Am only giving out to 2people on here who mailed me first on Saturday. The first guy offered me 300naira for 2500 and the other person got it for 290naira for 2000dollars. The rest who mailed me,accept my apologies I can't share myself in bits. But I will do something bigger early next month that's when I book my British airways flight. Thank you y'all for understanding.

Angela you got mail... By the way the $2k is appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hey bro. I sent you a pm. Thanks.
lazywriter:

I had 3 hours in between landing time and bus departure time.

My problem was that I was in the wrong bus terminal and it takes about 10-15minutes to get to the right one from where I was.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
gunther6:

Angela you got mail... By the way the $2k is appreciated
replied your mail sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

If I am not wrong I would have suggest that you give $500 to each people and you just need 9 people or $900 to 5 people because many people need this..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
let someborrryyyyyy shout . . . . . . . .

almighty student Visa approved at. windows 32

story coming soon

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jchi9876:

story coming soon
Congratulations!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Princessiyaye1:
Pls I need help
I have applied for US visa three times and been refused all three .I don't know if it's because of my age cos the secind time i went d vo was particular about wen i pass out fm nysc or my responses .here is my transcript below.
Vo: were are u going to
Me: to bla
Vo: y
Me: 4 masters
Vo: how many schools did u apply to
Me: I named dem
Vo:y did u choose dis school
Me: because it offers my course of interest and d tuitions free is extremely affordable and they are quick in replying my mails.
Vo: how old are u
Me: I will be bla bla in December .
Vo: who is paying .
Me: my daddy
Vo: what does he do:
Me :he works with bla bla bla
Vo: did u tk any tx
Me: no
Vo: what av u been doing
Me: I keep my self busy in my small fish farm were I grow n sell fish.

Pls ur advise is needed cos I don't no wat 2 do or should I tk d GRE exam? But its nt part of d school requirements

Ur answers are not curt...You should reveal almost every details...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Snazzylicious(f): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello everyone, please is there any serious minded person attending the uni of south florida this fall? please contact me. Also if u know anyone currently schooling there please let me know, trying to sort out my accommodation. P.S not looking for who to squat with, i need the recommendations for good apartments and good room mates. Thank u very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Congrats @Jchi9876
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
ratchy:

Congratulations!!!
So you fell for his prank

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Snazzylicious:
Hello everyone, please is there any serious minded person attending the uni of south florida this fall? please contact me. Also if u know anyone currently schooling there please let me know, trying to sort out my accommodation. P.S not looking for who to squat with, i need the recommendations for good apartments and good room mates. Thank u very much.
My advice, search on LinkedIn.
You'd be surprised with the number of Nigerians you'd meet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jchi9876:

story coming soon

Oga abeg park well..... angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Holudarey01:

So you fell for his prank
Prank?

but still wondering if the windows are up to 32
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
ratchy:
Prank?

Lol.... Abeg don't mind that clown jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
ratchy:
Prank?

grin grin grin grin grin grin THEY ARE NOW UP TO 105...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
aadeyi:

Lol.... Abeg don't mind that clown jare
I get sickness we be say na only successful transcripts fit cure , thats y i fell so hard for his prank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
aadeyi:

Oga abeg park well..... angry

Na wa ooo... why person go prank this kind thing

JOBLESS MUCH ....... and also clogging up the thread angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jchi9876:

story coming soon

Lol...

Funny man...

It's been a while grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
ratchy:
I get sickness we be say na only successful transcripts fit cure , thats y i fell so hard for his prank

Lol..... It is well with your soul

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.