Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676132 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
acadollar:

In my opinion,
With the orange paper, they MAY do administrative review on your bank statement and documents because you don't even know or guess the range of money your Dad make yet you have his bank statement,

People with this kind of case are assumed that agents prepared documents for them but if you're sure of your docs and know they are legit, I dnt see any reason why you can't reapply but u need to be prepared and make some changes b4 reapplying.

Let's us understand that it is possible for applicant not to know how much his/her sponsor make monthly and not total balance of his/her sponsor showing on the printed bank statement

If I am not wrong, to me this guy is somehow confused during the interview even those answers he gave showed he was totally confused as well and it can be part of the reasons he was denied..

Imagine working in federal ministry of Nigeria which was wrong and nothing like that, also work as a lecturer in federal government girl college (high school) as a lecturer and not teacher...

All these never exist and Don't you think it sound absurd ?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
papazion:
Hello there,am new on here,a friend introduced this forum to me nd I believe will get the right ans...have just been refuse a US visa to study on Tuesday nd am planning to reapply...below are how the interview went hoping to b corrected against my next interview:

Consular: what are u going to the US to do?
Me: am going to the US to study
Consular: is it masters?
yes
Consular:what's course?
masters in social science
Consular:why troy university?
after going through the internet for the best institution in research nd communicating with current student pursuing their masters in troy I was convinced that troy will gimme d best research facilities.moreover they gave me a sense of belonging by keep me updated about the school activities upon arrival even after been given admission unlike other schools I applied to
Consular:are u married
no
Consular:that means no kids
no kids at all
Consular:where are u working
I work with the federal government of Nigeria under thr federal ministry of Nigeria in one of the federal government girls colleges as a lecturer
Consular:who's sponsoring u
my father is sponsoring my education
Consular what does your father do?
his an admin manager at total Nigeria Ltd nd also has a logistic company of his own that produces sachet water and bottled water
Consular:what's his income?
I wouldn't know how much he earns but he gave me his bank statement to back my application.
after which I gave him the financial statement nd he went through it.And later looked at me after checking nd said his sorry he won't be able to gimme d visa nd gave an orange paper like that.Throughout the interview he didn't ask for any document from me only collected my I20 nd passport
pls would be so glad if u can kindly point out my fault here so as not to make d same mistake

If I am not wrong, to me It seems you are somehow confused during the interview even those answers you gave showed you are totally confused as well and it can be part of the reasons you are denied..

Imagine working in federal ministry of Nigeria which was wrong and nothing like that, also work as a lecturer in federal government girl college (high school) as a lecturer and not teacher... I believe here Nigeria teachers worked in that place and not lecturers.

All these never exist and Don't you think it sound absurd

All these VO are not munu gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

Let's us understand that it is possible for applicant not to know how much his/her sponsor make monthly and not total balance of his/her sponsor showing on the printed bank statement

If I am not wrong, to me this guy is somehow confused during the interview even those answers he gave showed he was totally confused as well and it can be part of the reasons he was denied..

Imagine working in federal ministry of Nigeria which was wrong and nothing like that, also work as a lecturer in federal government girl college (high school) as a lecturer and not teacher...

Hmmmm ,I see u walspring ... But for me,the paper u are issue is it white or orange , ? Cos u mention orange in ur transcript and I'm seen white in yah image post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

Hmmmm ,I see u walspring ... But for me the paper u are issue is it white or orange , ? Cos u mention orange in ur transcript and I'm seen white in yah image post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate early this morning

Will post my transcript later

Alhamdulillah Robil Alamin

Congrats @ ratchy, more success IJN

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
@DareFadi thanks. My wait time at London airport is 7hrs:45 mins. So I've to remain in the airport for that long? Izzorryt. Make I reach obamaland na be my own..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
xlyte:

Congrats @ ratchy, more success IJN

Thanks , amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
xlyte:

Hmmmm ,I see u walspring ... But for me,the paper u are issue is it white or orange , ? Cos u mention orange in ur transcript and I'm seen white in yah image post.

I am not the person and they didn't issue me any paper..

The guy in question posted that he was given orange paper but someone said what he upload is white and not orange.. Don't you think something is wrong with the guy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats @ratchy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
NairaSea23:
@DareFadi thanks. My wait time at London airport is 7hrs:45 mins. So I've to remain in the airport for that long? Izzorryt. Make I reach obamaland na be my own..

Get a novel and read , no commot the airport oooo..... The way those UKBA (border agency) go bounce you without visa no go be filmtrick but reality . The wifi free for 4 hours so maybe you fit brown Nairaland while u wait wink grin

If you wan see the Queen or the London red buses then go quickly apply for a 6 month UK visiting visa , then yes you can leave the airport and come back

Till then , read half of a yellow sun or things fall about or anything while you wait .

But really the time goes by very fast . If you had long transit time in Qatar then at that point you are even so tired and just need a long chair to nap . Set alarm sha make you no miss ur connecting flight

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pls what's the experience like for those that have travelled with Royal Air Morac in the past? Is it recommendable?

There flight to JFK looks quite cheap compared to others... I hope they accept the official exchange rate like others.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
NairaSea23:
Pls what's the experience like for those that have travelled with Royal Air Morac in the past? Is it recommendable?

There flight to JFK looks quite cheap compared to others... I hope they accept the official exchange rate like others.
It's ok. I've had friends who used Royal Maroc. Not a 100% but it will get you to US with satisfactory inflight experience.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
slimmy2005:
It's ok. I've had friends who used Royal Maroc. Not a 100% but it will get you to US with satisfactory inflight experience.

Thanks @Slimmy2005 and @DareFadi. I just hope they accept current official exchange rate... It will save me over 50k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nad95: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pls who can graciously email me SAT and TOEFL ebooks that I can use in preparing for the examinations. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nad95: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pls who can gracious send me SAT and TOEFL ebooks. My email is nnamdiokore97@gmail.com. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

I am not the person and they didn't issue me any paper..

The guy in question posted that he was given orange paper but someone said what he upload is white and not orange.. Don't you think something is wrong with the guy

I know u are not d one bro, am only hailing your comments on his transcript...you are one of our Lecturer here nah...even if another person bears your name I will still recognize the real you. Yes, something must be wrong with him. I think. Lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by tomisinobm(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nad95:
Pls who can gracious send me SAT and TOEFL ebooks. My email is nnamdiokore97@gmail.com. God bless.

Getting the sat textbook ebook is going to be damn difficult as they just changed the exam this year. I don't know about toefl.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Royal Air Maroc is good. Yeah their flight to JFK is about 136k on wakanow, it has even dropped, it was 170k some weeks back. but on their website the amount quoted in USD, just multiply it by 200. You will pay in naira at their office in VI. that 6.30am, no go miss flight
NairaSea23:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
hahhaa flights are going fast, tickets up & down. royal air maroc that was 130k yesterday is 156k today . the next cheapest is egypt air. even emirates that was 193k yesterday, the cheapest today is 265k shocked. the advantage of going for interview-getting a visa early and then purchasing a ticket asap!.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by PURE69: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:

Congratulations, boss!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
NairaSea23:

there is nothing like official exchange rate anymore and CBN has suspended all dollar trades till monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nad95:

Just send blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and follow the steps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
tomisinobm:

Getting the sat textbook ebook is going to be damn difficult as they just changed the exam this year. I don't know about toefl.

The major difference is that the new sat is computer based.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
NairaSea23:

Royal maroc is 140k to JFK .. Very cheap..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
xlyte:

I know u are not d one bro, am only hailing your comments on his transcript...you are one of our Lecturer here nah...even if another person bears your name I will still recognize the real you. Yes, something must be wrong with him. I think. Lolz

See whining.... gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ratchy congratulobia.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

No oooooooo . this not correct info.

The content was changed and also negative marking removed . .........

Best to go online and note the difference so that is you are using the old study material you should know the changes and what is still relevant and what is not relevant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by tomisinobm(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

Lol no o. The new sat has two sections, maths and (evidence based reading and writing) while the old one had three sections; maths, critical reading and writing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello guys..... am a daily "reader" but hardly comment.... Got my visa approved on Monday... Thanks to monsier2016 and jenivah64 for the mock interviews... and also sirRiddy, fizzle and th other guys from the GRE thread... The beauty of this thread is it helps u streamline ur answers right from the application to the interview proper. Great job guys
TRANSCRIPT
VO went straight to business, was her first applicant.
VO: How did u hear about texas a & M University, kingsville
Me: it was initially referred to me by a colleague whr I currently intern. I contacted the grad cord Dr Ali and inquired, also researched further on the faculty members and was impressed with thr high industrial experience
VO: How many schs did u apply to
Me: 3
VO: namely
Me: tamuk. LSU and purdue uni
VO: hw many admits
Me: 2, LSU and Tamuk
VO: so why did you choose TAMUK over LSU
Me: Had some1 that graduated from TAMUK, his referral made it easy
VO: took an test
Me: yes, GRE
VO: your score
Me: 307, 147v 160Q
VO: what was your UG?
Me: Chemical Engr
VO: Your masters will b in?
Me: Chemical Engineerins also
VO: when did you graduate?
Me: Feb 2015
VO: who's your sponsor?
Me: My uncle
VO: what does he do?
Me: He's a realtor, deal in the construction and selling of housing units and office complexes
VO: your visa ha been approved.
Was just numb, No expression, was d first to get approval on Monday, Be smart when answering and prepare well, give good short answers, Dont lie, cos the memory wldnt be thr, u will Bleep up. Rather build the real answers smartly. By the way, I wasn't this fluent, but I have ds belief " so far she no fit flog me, I go talk my own".... Thanks... Any other person heading to TAMUK?

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:

Congratulations Sis......... Greater Heights IJN

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.