Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677353 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2016
DareFadi:

Sorry to read this...maybe its becoming harder. That been said this above wasnt a very good answer.

Most undergrad do research conferences so its most likely all ur other schools do it. Then to ur next reason and next faculty ratio...most schools have good ratio . So nothing stood out to make it memorable.

.next time stay away from generic answers and make it unique. U have the first 10 second to make a good impression so if they are now asking 1 or 2 questions then its key that u are on point from beggining. All the best

thank you for the support
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2016
Kpimp:

thank you for the support

When does you school resume. U can evulate everything and see if u want to go back. If u do just get more in depth answers ..prepare this time not just reading NL ..... all depend on you if u want to go again
If u want something never give up on your dream.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2016
Like fizzile earlier pointed out. IERF is great. What is your CGPA? IERF costs $165(includes your own free copy plus a copy to one school). your copy is sent by air-mail, it doesnt have tracking so it takes a while before it gets delivered to you, but then you can pay for a faster delivery. For WES, you gotta be uptight and always worrying whether or not your sch has replied them. ierf, your school sends an original copy of ur transcript with or without an original certificate and then max 2weeks your docs are evaluated.
Igbiboi:
My good people of nairaland abeg try help a brother out. I am urgently in need of a credential evaluation because I am running behind schedule. Ideally, I should have used WES but my understanding of WES is that it takes a lot of time, as such I need another evaluation. But my problem is that I need a more friendly evaluation, by that I mean I don't want an evaluation that will slash my GPA into two, lol. I have heard about IERF, FCSA and others, Please can anyone here refer me to a credential evaluation that is as friendly as WES or even has a better evaluation than WES, I promise that person a bottle of e-Heineken lol.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2016
free conversions are rough estimates. I entirely do not depend on them. it might come out lower or more. better not to put your hopes high
borie4u:
On d icgpa using Wes I got a conversion of 3.14 and 3.45 for bsc n MSC respectively. I hope on actual Wes conversion it won't be less
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2016
You said you went through nairaland transcripts and you still talked about student to faculty ratio? c'mon! that is weak. You should have a more passionate response to that question, and well talking about how affordable the school is, most people apply to schools that match their budget, so talking about how affordability is not necessary(my opinion), cuz I'm sure you must have applied to other ''affordable schools'' btw what program are you going for?
Kpimp:
visa delayed on Tuesday. my first experience about visa interview
vo: so why did you choose southwest Minnesota state university over others

me: I said it organizes an undergraduate research conference annually this which would challenge me to develop my self academically so I can showcase my intellectual ability.and also the[b] school tuition and living expenses are affordable compared to other school and it has a good students to faculty ratio which is 16:1[/b].
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
halidaf:
you Don start.. You first come here to let us know say na British airways you dey enter... Now asking we the Emirates, Air Maroc and Qatar airways gang jamb question.. Ishi
IGNORED
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Sariahogbe11(f): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Please I really need to know if I can tell the vo that my father is a citizen or I should just keep shut
Please respond cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
Congrats @malory84

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Sariahogbe11:
Please I really need to know if I can tell the vo that my father is a citizen or I should just keep shut
Please respond cry cry
yes ma'am you should,I told them same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Sariahogbe11(f): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
yes ma'am you should,I told them same.

Thank you
that means I have to take his American passport with me right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by methodjim: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
sorry for the denial. Book another date if you can. Then this time you have to make the VO know that you are an intending student.

1. you dont need to say your dad's friend introduced you to the international officer. yes you can say he told you about the school,then on your own you went through google search engine and got all info about the school and contacted the admission officer in the person of ...... and filed your application.

2. why did you choose this school. pls forget about ratio,ranking, whether is cheap or not. talk more on the course curriculum as it suits your interest and if possible relate it or link it to how it will benefit you in proferring solutions to the challenges nigeria is facing today when you come back. Search for an organization in nigeria that is in line with what you are going to study and tell them when you come back that is where you would want to work.

Please this is an overview try to be succint in your speech and pray very hard.

One question they ll ask you is what has changed in your profile, so be prepared to answer that.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
DareFadi:

When does you school resume. U can evulate everything and see if u want to go back. If u do just get more in depth answers ..prepare this time not just reading NL ..... all depend on you if u want to go again
If u want something never give up on your dream.

my school resumes by 22 of august but I feel I should defer to next semester cos I read somewhere if someone reapply immediately that chances are slim.thanks for the support
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mekurexx:
You said you went through nairaland transcripts and you still talked about student to faculty ratio? c'mon! that is weak. You should have a more passionate response to that question, and well talking about how affordable the school is, most people apply to schools that match their budget, so talking about how affordability is not necessary(my opinion), cuz I'm sure you must have applied to other ''affordable schools'' btw what program are you going for?

am going for bachelor degree in mathematics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
methodjim:
sorry for the denial. Book another date if you can. Then this time you have to make the VO know that you are an intending student.

1. you dont need to say your dad's friend introduced you to the international officer. yes you can say he told you about the school,then on your own you went through google search engine and got all info about the school and contacted the admission officer in the person of ...... and filed your application.

2. why did you choose this school. pls forget about ratio,ranking, whether is cheap or not. talk more on the course curriculum as it suits your interest and if possible relate it or link it to how it will benefit you in proferring solutions to the challenges nigeria is facing today when you come back. Search for an organization in nigeria that is in line with what you are going to study and tell them when you come back that is where you would want to work.

Please this is an overview try to be succint in your speech and pray very hard.

One question they ll ask you is what has changed in your profile, so be prepared to answer that.

thank you for the breakdown of possible causes.can I pm you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Igbiboi: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
fizzile:
No, they don't. But trust me you will be amazed at how your GPA will climb. I am telling you out of experience. I know what am saying. Mekurexx and OjaP can attest to that. Never expected it was gonna increase that much. Just evaluate your transcript.

Bro Abeg can we talk offline. I've sent you a Pm, I need every detail on this IERF.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Igbiboi: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mekurexx:
Like fizzile earlier pointed out. IERF is great. What is CGPA?

Bro, the GP is 3.3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
Sariahogbe11:

Thank you
not necessary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Kpimp:

my school resumes by 22 of august but I feel I should defer to next semester cos I read somewhere if someone reapply immediately that chances are slim.thanks for the support

Your chances if you re-apply are as high as are willing to make it. Just Prepare well this time. Even though you deffered till next year and u r not prepared, it might still go the wrong way.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by success2000: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
Oga Walspring please i need your advise.
please any means in which i could have a private chat with you?

people don't seems to response to PM here, I beg help a brother, I really need your input in my admission and app decision. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
DareFadi:

Sorry to read this...maybe its becoming harder. That been said this above wasnt a very good answer.

Most undergrad do research conferences so its most likely all ur other schools do it. Then to ur next reason and next faculty ratio...most schools have good ratio . So nothing stood out to make it memorable.

.next time stay away from generic answers and make it unique. U have the first 10 second to make a good impression so if they are now asking 1 or 2 questions then its key that u are on point from beggining. All the best

Sand v.o who interview me on Tuesday. Same questions.
You can read my transcript if you check back to my Tuesday post.
I feel your last answer wanst catchy enough, no particular distinct reason
It is well
God will help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
DareFadi:

Same v.o who interview me on Tuesday. Same questions.
It is well
God will help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mrjojo: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Following keenly!! Nice work fams, please can guys already in school post about their transition, coping with the new environment,educational differences and how y'all were able to adapt. I know y'all are very busy now but please this will give a little hint on what to expect. This will make this thread more than a "visa thread".Blessings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mekurexx:
free conversions are rough estimates. I entirely do not depend on them. it might come out lower or more. better not to put your hopes high

From experience, provided you entered ALL your grades CORRECTLY, that's what you are gonna have. My official evaluation was same as the ICGPA's.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
on 5.0? it will pass the 3.0/4.0 mark. and also depends on your school grading system
Igbiboi:

Bro, the GP is 3.3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Igbiboi: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mekurexx:
on 5.0? it will pass the 3.0/4.0 mark. and also depends on your school grading system

Yeah, that is on a 5.0. What do you mean by "depends on your school grading system".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
success2000:
Oga Walspring please i need your advise.
please any means in which i could have a private chat with you?

people don't seems to response to PM here, I beg help a brother, I really need your input in my admission and app decision. God bless.

Make God help us all.. Send me pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Sariahogbe11:
Please respond cry cry

Sure you can say that because saying the truth always help..

Also don't forget that there are so many ways of becoming American citizen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
Sariahogbe11:

Thank you

Yes whether they ask for it or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ashbammy, u r right. u n kpimp were asked the same questions but I believed his last answer messed it up. the VO was friendly to u but to kpimp, he wasn't. Such is life!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Sariahogbe11(f): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Walspring:

Sure you can say that because saying the truth always help..

Also don't forget that there are so many ways of becoming American citizen

I'm not aiming towards citizenship, I just want to school there
Though he has filed for citizenship for me already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
AshBammy:

Same v.o who interview me on Tuesday. Same questions.
It is well
God will help you

thanks have seen ur transcript it was really Good. will work on my transcript and reply Asap.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.