Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677438 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
jeniver64:
Yaaaay brightify got his visa approved too
congrat Jeniver ,I sight you o smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:
Happney65

I sight you

My Broda i see you too ohhh...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
brightify:
I want to use this opportunity to say a very big thank you to those that helped me out during mock interviews and my applications,most especially texrem ,walspring,efusa and Jeniver and others in the house,may God bless you guys abundantly.
I was interviewed by the lady in window 1 at us embassy lagos
Vo:pass me your passport
Me:passed it and other documents
Vo:why business administration
Me:business administration will help me develope the required skills and expertise needed for me to be a successful administrator in future,and it will also equipe me to carry out a good strategy on how to be successful in my own personal business....vo cuts in
Vo:why Franklin university
Me: I choose Franklin university because I'm impress about the ongoing input of industry expert to ensure that we students gain relevant and respected knowledge to apply instantly at work place in future,and dis really a great opportunity for me to interact with industry expert and professional from different industry
Vo was just typing as if tomorrow no dey,I just dey pray for my mind
Before she said the golden word
My advice to others going for their interview is that they should pray seriously and be confidence
Shalom

Congrats ........Is this an online program??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:

No am not based in Abuja. Just came in for the interview. But i'll stay till i pick up the visa.

Thanks very much for your responses. Am most grateful.

Okay and let's give the thanks to God

I thought you based in Abuja so that we can start the celebration galore tonight.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
happney65:

My Broda i see you too ohhh...

Joy overflow over here oo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
DareFadi:

no boss,I no the school mostly offer online program to students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
DareFadi:

no boss, I know the school mostly offer online programs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chiznonso: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:

Purdue university northwest

Beautiful, thumbs up U deserve it, Godspeed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:

Joy overflow over here oo..

My Broda I am happy ohhh..Ours is loading..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
happney65:

My Broda I am happy ohhh..Ours is loading..

Amen..

Make Una put more effort ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by smartmicky: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:

I thought you based in Abuja so that we can start the celebration galore tonight.. gringringrin

Lol....
yeah it was really God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:

Amen..

Make Una put more effort ooo

Yeah Bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:

Are you boss Walspring based in Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
malory84:
Pls anyone going to Dallas Texas from Abuja around August?

*sad*
Going to Houston around August too. It would have been nice to have a travel partner
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
DareFadi:

Are you boss Walspring based in Abuja

Lagos but currently in Abuja..

Do you based in Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:

Lol....
yeah it was really God's grace.

If no be God but nah still God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
texrem:

Congrats Topsy...Tell ur mama big bro is coming to eat fried rice and chicken...with french wine
lol,I told her about it and she was like let him come na.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:

No am not based in Abuja. Just came in for the interview. But i'll stay till i pick up the visa.

Thanks very much for your responses. Am most grateful.
was told it will be upper week Monday as they won't work for up to three days next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Walspring:

Lagos but currently in Abuja..

Do you based in Abuja

Interesting. .. thought u are based in the states

I am in london currently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Igbiboi: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
ayosco2008:

Wanna get some info about UB.. Thier admission process and all dat.. Course is Electrical and computer engineering

Good! Getting into UB is not all that difficult. It is small school but luckily it is highly recognized by the embassy. Also one of the upsides about the school is that is has a considerable amount of Nigerian students... You will almost feel at home studying at UB. That said, the application process is quite straightforward and maybe easy. I'm guessing that your Nigerian GPA is over 3.0 if so, I believe after evaluation by the school it will not be less than 2.8 which is there threshold. Though UB can go as low as 2.5 in rare cases, and that is if it is backed up with a GRE score of over 300 or maybe 290 .

In your application try to write a good and compelling statement of purpose, indicating why you chose UB, what you hope to achieve and how your course will help you in advancing your career goals. Additionally, try to attach an original bank statement, with a ballance of over $40000, the reason is because UB being majorly a school with high international students needS to ensure that you're capable of paying tuition fee. If you eventually get into U.S. And you find out that you don't like de school which is almost certainly the case due to its poor rating and also Connecticut being a small state there not many opportunities in the state - then after first semester you can transfer to a more cosmopolitan university.

But a final word... hopefully if you're to start by next spring I.e January session and you don't have your gre by now, I will advice you to take that exam either now or once you get into the states because if for any reason you want to transfer to any other school better than UB the first requirements will be Bre. So good luck with your dream!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chiznonso: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:

Purdue university northwest

Can some1 get in2 Purdue university, west Lafayette with assistanship,, is it possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayosco2008(m): 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igbiboi:

Good! Getting into UB is not all that difficult. It is small school but luckily it is highly recognized by the embassy. Also one of the upsides about the school is that is has a considerable amount of Nigerian students... You will almost feel at home studying at UB. That said, the application process is quite straightforward and maybe easy. I'm guessing that your Nigerian GPA is over 3.0 if so, I believe after evaluation by the school it will not be less than 2.8 which is there threshold. Though UB can go as low as 2.5 in rare cases, and that is if it is backed up with a GRE score of over 300 or maybe 290 .

In your application try to write a good and compelling statement of purpose, indicating why you chose UB, what you hope to achieve and how your course will help you in advancing your career goals. Additionally, try to attach an original bank statement, with a ballance of over $40000, the reason is because UB being majorly a school with high international students needS to ensure that you're capable of paying tuition fee. If you eventually get into U.S. And you find out that you don't like de school which is almost certainly the case due to its poor rating and also Connecticut being a small state there not many opportunities in the state - then after first semester you can transfer to a more cosmopolitan university.

But a final word... hopefully if you're to start by next spring I.e January session and you don't have your gre by now, I will advice you to take that exam either now or once you get into the states because if for any reason you want to transfer to any other school better than UB the first requirements will be Bre. So good luck with your dream!

Awesome! Thanks for this.. I really appreciate..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:
#ok here we go#
This is actually my second post but i've been following the thread for some time.
My interview was in Abuja this morning (7:30am)
#window 6
My visa was approved* and my transcript will come subsequently.

The vo didn't give me the pick-up paper (but retained my passport and gave the smaller white paper that says "congratulations on being approved for a student visa to the US). She said my SEVIS fee payment (paid on monday 20/06/16) hasn't reflected on their system. Hence, they'll contact me about the pick up day when the SEVIS is confirmed.

Pls how long does it take for SEVIS to reflect and is there a way for me to know it has reflected on their system?

Pls i need responses.
Thanks.
I suggest you send mail to the SEVIS office, and Lodge your complain.
The email address is : fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
smartmicky:
#ok here we go#
This is actually my second post but i've been following the thread for some time.
My interview was in Abuja this morning (7:30am)
#window 6
My visa was approved* and my transcript will come subsequently.

The vo didn't give me the pick-up paper (but retained my passport and gave the smaller white paper that says "congratulations on being approved for a student visa to the US). She said my SEVIS fee payment (paid on monday 20/06/16) hasn't reflected on their system. Hence, they'll contact me about the pick up day when the SEVIS is confirmed.

Pls how long does it take for SEVIS to reflect and is there a way for me to know it has reflected on their system?

Pls i need responses.
Thanks.
Congrats bro! Got my visa approved today at the Abuja Embassy. Window 8.
I suggest you send mail to the SEVIS office, and Lodge your complain.
The email address is : fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
nellyalph:

*sad*
Going to Houston around August too. It would have been nice to have a travel partner

Dont worry , When you get to Houston you go tire to see naija people...u turn left u turn right chei. There are everywhere there ... na u go dey run from them

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by smartmicky: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
Chiznonso:

Can some1 get in2 Purdue university, west Lafayette with assistanship,, is it possible

well, i believe everything is possible. u just have to be equal to what it takes to make it possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by smartmicky: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Congrats bro! Got my visa approved today at the Abuja Embassy. Window 8. I suggest you send mail to the SEVIS office, and Lodge your complain. The email address is : fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov
Ok Thanks man. Safe trip to Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bolaji92: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
It was God, prayers and serious 7days fasting and prayer of myself, parent, sibling and fiancé. I remember leaving Ghana on Thursday Cos my interview was scheduled for Monday.
I got to the Lagos consulate office around 4:30am nah so one woman come meet me asking if I come for interview, after replying her, she asked if I print all my documents In a coloured form and not in white and black, for my mind I know say this woman wan dry my pocket, as she never knew I dey read naira land forum like daily bread. I just nod telling her say I don hear. For her mind she go dey think say which wizard be this.

Anyway to the main business, enter the main gate and pass through security check, guys Nawa for them ooooo, I think say Na white house Cos the level of security there is Whaoooo, after getting into the main building and after going through the fingerprint with one Eyinbo woman, for my mind I think say them go seat us down to rest small before the interview. Na so I see some Eyinbo moving into cubicle one after the other.
Na so fear grab my teeth and ass. I never dey shake for interview before but this one, nobody tell me before I start to dey shake.

I was interviewed by a lady in cubicle 3.

VO:good morning
Me:good morning how are you. (she no even mind me, mean why she don deny 2 people before my turn)
Vo: pass Me your passport, i20,sevis receipt(I gently pass am dey look her face).
Vo:why this course?
Mesadlike say I get muscle pull for mouth, I was not myself for some seconds, Cos my heart was beating faster). I choose this course Cos I want to impart positively into information technology in Nigeria and also want to add value to myself.
Vo:nod her head and I sense she is not convinced enough.
Me:I quickly rephrase it again that I choose this course and school Cos of the ongoing research and project titled "secure atm using card scanning with otp and credit card fraud detection"(I continued). This project and research proposed a secure atm using card scanning and majoly otp authentication during any withdrawal. For example in Nigeria most atm machine are not otp enabled for withdrawal meaning if an attacker get hold of my card and pin, he can fraudulently check my details and withdraw money from my account, but with this proposed research and project which enable otp features for any account users during withdrawal. The attacker can only view the details but cannot make any withdrawal Cos otp is sent to the user registered phone to complete any withdrawal. So with this research and project I will be able to solve credit card fraud problem in Nigeria and contribute to development of IT sector in Nigeria.(during that time the Vo stop typing and was concentrating seriously on me during my explanation.
Vo:who Is sponsoring you?
Me:my dad
Vo:what does he do?
Me:he is a successful estate consultant.
Vo:was now typing fast and after some sec,she reach to brought out one of the paper, this time my heart don almost cut, I was about to faint when I see the white paper and with the Golden word saying "I will be approving your visa".
Me:my brain no even catch the rest of her word again, Na so I quickly take the white paper before she change am again.
I collect my other document and left, I for Don jump inside that place Cos I was so happy and it's my first attempt applying for us visa.

Anyway what I will advise intending guys going for Interview is to be bold, Confident, although no be moi moi ooooo If fear grab you for some time.
Also I notice if you have your own story like a friend of mine john-teye will say.
Don't follow the crowd, don't memorize and say all what they have heard over and over again, tell them your own version story and if you can convince them. It will be a success story.

Thanks again to all the gurus in the house I really appreciate all of you. The forum is the best

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
DareFadi:

Dont worry , When you get to Houston you go tire to see naija people...u turn left u turn right chei. There are everywhere there ... na u go dey run from them
that's not true . have you ever been to Houston before ? who told you will see Nigerians left and right. it's just over hyped. you barely even see people walking on the street not to talk of seeing who or who is naija or not.

Yes, they is a nig population but you don't see them gallivanting about

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
nellyalph:

*sad*
is your school in houston or you just stop over ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
zeezahbee:
that's not true . have you ever been to Houston before ? who told you will see Nigerians left and right. it's just over hyped. you barely even see people walking on the street not to talk of seeing who or who is naija or not.

Yes, they is a nig population but you don't see them gallivanting about

Lol.... will i write that if i have not been ...

whatever if u dont know what a tongue in cheek based on the high population of Nigerian there. And yes part of houston have a high no of naija. If y dont see then o well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Who has GRE textbook materials He/she is not using? Thanks! Help a brother wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.