Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676482 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

Pm him of cc him to ask if its still available

Yes he said its still available and its valid for a year starting June these year..

That PayPal option make sense but exchange rate no be here mehn and my salary never increase for my office.

And I don't wsnt to bother my parents with these kind small small money
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Dreamhigh2016:
undergraduate admission for any medically related course.

I have seen your previous posts and their replies. You have to be decisive and specific when asking questions and it will even do you good if you read previous parts.

After reading, you will become very informed and need no agent's help.
You are still young, some of us didn't have the opportunity of thinking of schooling abroad let alone stumbling on this thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ijomobi:

am going for Bsc. dey waiver TOEFL for me.
3.06 of 4.0. architecture. and my national diploma is also from architecture from KWARA poly.
thanks for ur time.
Okay you should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

Sorry about that and you can go proceed and submit it and make sure you go along with a passport and exactly same size requirement.

Thanx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
Please what are the cheapest airlines to Houston for now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
temi4fash:

Yes he said its still available and its valid for a year starting June these year..

That PayPal option make sense but exchange rate no be here mehn and my salary never increase for my office.

And I don't wsnt to bother my parents with these kind small small money

please o!! I want to pay too. Please I'd like to know about the voucher too. Please help a brother o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by HOTWATER(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tods:
Please what are the cheapest airlines to Houston for now?

Have you checked Turkish Air ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

You never see anything... grin grin grin grin
YOU HAVE A PM BRO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by HOTWATER(m): 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

It is well ooo..

APC Naira change or scarcity reach your side

my dear . I always have need to send money home. if I can help somebody and still avoid transfer charges , that will be great for me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Hycon(m): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
LagosismyHome:

The admission office will know more than us because thats their expertise. If they said so then its ok. If you are still not comfortable then print out the email where it was stated and go with it to your interview.

On my DS-160, my course of study will be Computer Information Systems right?

The international admission officer said "It should be computer information systems."

I just wanted to be sure so I don't have issue with the VO.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Dreamhigh2016(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
nellyalph:

I have seen your previous posts and their replies. You have to be decisive and specific when asking questions and it will even do you good if you read previous parts.

After reading, you will become very informed and need no agent's help.
You are still young, some of us didn't have the opportunity of thinking of schooling abroad let alone stumbling on this thread.
Thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
HOTWATER:

Have you checked Turkish Air ?
Hmmm, I wont want to consider Turkish for now

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by HOTWATER(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
nellyalph:

Sorry I quoted you, I meant no harm.. With all the recent happenings here with Angela, I couldn't keep calm and you have to be careful so that they won't come here tarnishing your name. Infact I expect a positive outcome..

is ok my dear. i perfectly understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hycon:

The international admission officer said "It should be computer information systems."

Thanks

I would say always match what is written on . your i20....should be the same info on Ds 160

Also computer information system is a part of information system so why should this even bother you in the first place. You can even start with a major and change next semester. Dont waste valuable time focusing on little non issue.

Hycon , Spend time preparing good answers and stay away from generic things like student ratio (that answer irritates my ears)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good evening everyone?
After my failure to secure a T.A, i am thinking of rewriting GRE and then apply for spring 2017. My present GRE score is 313, i am aiming for a 330 now.
I plan on applying masters in Agricultural Engineering, my undergraduate course, i believe i have more chances for funding with it, as i worked with a lecturer on his Phd topic for my undergraduate project and I currently work in an agricultural related firm.
I want to apply to
UIUC grin
University of Nebraska Lincoln
KSU
please i need suggestions.
how do they calculate last 60 credit hours too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good evening everyone?
After my failure to secure a T.A, i am thinking of rewriting GRE and then apply for spring 2017. My present GRE score is 313, i am aiming for a 330 now.
I plan on applying masters in Agricultural Engineering, my undergraduate course, i believe i have more chances for funding with it, as i worked with a lecturer on his Phd topic for my undergraduate project and I currently work in an agricultural related firm.
I want to apply to
UIUC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
gunther6:

Valyrian Steel

Lolz....the fellow go need crash course binging game of thrones 1-6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

Before if your bar code doesn't match, to reschedule is free and when the statistics are getting out of hand and people misused it, took it for granted that's when payment for another visa fee started same thing applicable to changing and updating of ds160 confirmation directly from applicant appointment profile, before applicant can do it on his/her own after booking appointment interview but now applicant must send email to the embassy to update if for the applicant.

Actually why I got TB was that I changed the DS 160 bar code on my appointment page a day to my interview which was on a Sunday because of a little error on the former DS 160. I think the concept is one can track the status of ur DS 160 code before and after the your interview. It will say READY a day to your interview, REFUSED if one is been denied and ISSUED if your visa is granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lol hilarious
Tods:

Hmmm, I wont want to consider Turkish for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
dicapino:

Lolz....the fellow go need crash course binging game of thrones 1-6

Are you a thrones fan or asoiaf fan or both?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Not sure how writing another GRE will guarantee you. That extra leap is the favour of God. You got to the interview stage (which is commendable), work on how to best answer interview questions and portray your credentials.
motifoluwasolami:
Good evening everyone?
I want to apply to
UIUC grin
KSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello Guys,
To those who have experienced the POE or those with th idea, I would like to know if the immigration officers at the POE in the US has the right to explore travellers' phone(s)?. I just need your comments to clear someone. Thank you!

Cc
dickoflife
walspring
Gunther6
Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good evening everyone?
I want to apply to
UIUC grin
KSU

You are not spreading your risk well o! UIUC and UNL na wa o... 313 is not awesome don't play it the way I did I nearly came up empty handed opelope olorun... Try Wyoming they have solid agricultural program and if you cab try another GRE in fact I go write another one before PhD and I wrote 2 already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Hello Guys,
To those who have experienced the POE or those with th idea, I would like to know if the immigration officers at the POE in the US has the right to explore travellers' phone(s)?. I just need your comments to clear someone. Thank you!

Cc
dickoflife
walspring
Gunther6
Lagosismyhome

Except u are related to Osama bin laden or a name sake why would POE bother about checking your phone. They are not that jobless especially not that level of scrutiny for student visa. . .. yes in like vistor visa if they pull you out for interview they do check handluggage and all but i doubt phone content. Legally maybe they can but should be rare and for red flag cases

Free your mind from stuff like that . Students travel everyday , hardly any issues. Just have all your school document close by and answer any question asked. You should be just fine. If it still on your mind then turn off your phone completely when u get to POE so its not a focus. For most student they spend less than 5mins at POE. Sharp sharp out and on your way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
gunther6:

You are not spreading your risk well o! UIUC and UNL na wa o... 313 is not awesome don't play it the way I did I nearly came up empty handed opelope olorun... Try Wyoming they have solid agricultural program and if you cab try another GRE in fact I go write another one before PhD and I wrote 2 already

You have a mail bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ijomobi(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tods:
Okay you should be fine.
Alrt.....sir. thanks n stay bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hycon:

Thanks
No u don't need to be worried, I had a similar situation. Going for Child Advocacy and Policy, but i20 stated social work with a code in front of it. That's what I filled in my ds160. Social work
I didn't encounter any problems during my interview.
All the best
God goes with you! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
OK so let me share my story on my application journey smiley. I hope this post encourages someone wink.
When I started my application, I was on ground zero because I felt I wasn't even going to be admitted. But thank God for Bigfrancis21, his WES equivalency post some years back gave me the courage to kickstart my app. I also thank MsNass for trolling me when I sugegsted I wanted to go to CA. That made me apply to more schools. Fast-forward to this year, I got admitted, got the visa and reality set in. Funding wasn't even my thoughts but when I stumbled open GA positions on the school website, I decided I was going to get on. I was persistent. I applied to over 15 positions, didn't make the cut for 9 of those and got interviewed for 2.
I did share my first interview experience here when I stated I prepared well, the interview was a 9/10 in my assessment but somehow I didnt make it. The second position was a Half-GA. I was busy trying to polish my excel and spss skills anticipating practical questions but lo and behold it was just normal interview questions (why should we hire you etc), I stuttered all through and I knew deep down I wasnt going to be picked.
For prospective applicants, dont get offended when you are told to read back pages, you should and it is really helpful. I struck gold reading through one post about someone talking about persistence to get a GA, even as far as going from office to office once you and in the US and the extraordinary scene of a department opening up a new position for the student.

So this is the key part of my post. Remeber there is a limit to which talent, intelligence and even a high profile application can get you, in summary human effort, for me it was second position. But our Heavenly Father in His infinite mercies opened up a way I never expected. I had already forgotten about the first interview I did, only for the Director to mail me, checking up on me and telling me they opened a new full time GA position and they were offering it to me. I was like shocked I did not hesitate to accept the offer. That was how I secured a full time GA. (full tuition waiver plus a nice stipend monthly). And may I add that I am the first international student the department is hiring. It has always been Americans.
The summary of this post is always hold on to God and do YOUR HOMEWORK. Be persistent and resilient. I never came here to ask for sample cover letter or guidelines etc (Pls do your own research). I spent minimum of 2hrs preparing my application for each of the 15 positions I applied for. Even when the rejection emails came in like wrecking balls, I was still persistent. Trust me GA is sweet esp in this challenging times we are in. Even if you are not on one now, pls and pls, make effort to apply, keep applying, continue applying until you get one. I always told myself the folks who have GA dont have 4 heads. And when you have God on your side, he doesnt follow protocol and statistics. on my school website,it says only 25% of new international students get a GA when coming in but God is not tied down to all statistics. Congrats to all those who got their visas today! God bless us all!

33 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
temi4fash:

Shey na e toasting be this ni??

In other news

Abeg who has heard of these guys b.y mafit at Ikeja

I want to go register for my GRE with them.

they are okay,I registered my TOEFL through them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
mekurexx
Congratulations, your strive paid off
What is your profile like? GPA? GRE? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good evening everyone?
I want to apply to
UIUC grin
KSU

Maybe others can share their experience about writing GRE twice ..... when i wrote GMAT the score was good but i wanted better and registered again. Practised more to my great SHOCK i got exactly the same total score. Different section score but exactly the same score ..... since then i am cautious about writing those exams twice but maybe its only me that it annoyingly happened to

Cc gunther6 you said u wrote gre twice already. Was there much difference in scores
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
CBNL2014:

yes they are legit but would you want to be coaxed with a cheap promo so as to make you commit yourself.....after making paymemt, the so called boss there form too busy to attend to you or pick up your calls or even try to reply a simple text message. you might end up with regrets or getting more confused.
people's opinion are different, I registered for my TOEFL through them,even though most people say TOEFL is easy I never had that mentality when I registered, even though the guy was never around for lectures, I studied with the ebooks I was provided with,I wrote my exam and I passed up to the extent that my school used my result to award me a $16k scholarship.So to the best of my knowledge they are good to go.it depends on what u re looking for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.