Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677466 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks... countdown to the day that we will resume to the school.... I will call you next week
Fortissimo:

My main man how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Walspring:
@gunther6

You have pm

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fall is a better option. if you can wait till Fall I think your chances will be more!.
borie4u:
I tire for American university. Not one funding for spring admission though I got three schools for fall for PhD . anyone able to get promise of funding or am I so forward. Those with funding do you apply before u got funding for spring ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mma800: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
gentledoj:
F1 visa interview questions and my answers. Help me check the answers please. Suggestions are welcome. Interview next week

1. Where are you going to in USA?
Answer: North Carolina, Durham

2. Why USA?
Answer: it is an advanced country with advanced technology and research. Going to USA will make me have more access to job opportunity here in Nigeria because of the high quality education. I will be more proficient in English and work with different international organizations in Nigeria.

3. To do what in USA?
Answer: for bachelor of science degree in Nursing

4. Why NCCU?
Answer: NCCU is a public university located at the city of medicine with enough medical centers that can enhance my studies. NCCU is the best public university in North Carolina. They clock 106 years this year July 5 with different graduate around the world.

5. How did you hear about NCCU?
Answer: I goggle search schools offering Nursing for second degree. I saw different school, called my uncle about it. Then, I called the admission officer Tonya Moses about their requirements and also called the international affairs officer, Miss Brenda Lewis. She was there always throughout the process.

6. What do you know about North Carolina?
Answer: North Carolina is a state in southern USA, bordered to the south by South Carolina and Georgia, Tennessee to the west, Virginia to the north and Atlantic ocean to the east. It is the 9th most populous state in USA.

7. Why are you going for Nursing program/ why did you choose Nursing/ so, why are you going to study this course?
Answer: Nursing is a noble career option. It is a career that will allows me to help save peoples lives and bring cheer and comfort to those in need.

8. As a nurse, what are your jobs?
Answer: responding to emergency, checking equipment, medications/pain relief etc

9. What will you be doing after the program?
Answer: I will return to Nigeria and apply to international organizations like WHO and some NGO, also the heàlth care system in Nigeria are not in good shapes, I love to do my part.

10. How related is Microbiology to Nursing/ why did you shift your majors from Microbiology to Nursing?
Answer: Microbiology is an important component of Nursing program because of it impacts in Nursing cares. Understanding the microorganisms will help nurses reach their health goals.

11. What will this degree (Nursing) do for you?
Answer: it will help me to improve and saves lives. It will also help me to comfort those in need.

12. Did you choose this school because your uncle lives in Durham?
Answer: No

13. When did you graduate?
Answer: 2011

14. What have you been doing since them? Since you graduated?
Answer: I went for one year NYSC program and took a teaching job till my dream of becoming a nurse and international student come through.

15. Who will be sponsoring you/ how will you pay this tuition fees?
Answer: my uncle

16. What does your uncle do for a living?
Answer: he is a registered nurse at Durham

17. Do you write any standardized test?
Answer: yes ( TOEFL)

18. Your score?
Answer: 51

19. How many school did you apply too?
Answer: 2

20. Name them?
Answer: university of leed, UK and NC

1. My dear, In my presence somebody was denied Visa because she said US was a developed country when she was asked 'Why US?'

2. I believe your No 5 question was 'how did u hear about NCCU?' and not 'Brief me your application process?' Please be specific, all that long story is not needed.

3. Choose a personal reason why you chose NCCU (no 4 question)

4. I don't think they are interested in the Uk schools you applied to unless you were specifically asked whether you did/ didnt consider UK schools.

Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks for your comments.....

How can cover up for my TOEFL result? Please, how?

I dont mean it like that...what i mean is if you start off answering well , maybe VO would not bother asking for your test scores (it 50/50 which of d questions asked) ......so they key is to start off well with really good answers that what i mean by cover up, i guess i should have said make up for instead ..

I feel if your answers are generic and not going well then VO ask for test scores which are then low, it all goes downhill from there but nothing to redeem it to show you are a strong candidate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Walspring:

Lemme assume VO asked for former degree and that's why you jumped to MCB and you related it to nursing..

Hmmmmm..

Medical microbiology

General Microbiology...

Any comments and ideas please!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
For which side?? shocked Make i enter God is good tomorrow come track you na?
Walspring:

284 for Abuja grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
I have three payments to make online (2 flight bookings). If you can do at a firm rate of 300, send me a PM. If you still insist on mallam rate best to use the available intl money transfer services in the US smiley
akin3102:
I cant send money from South Dakota using boss revolution..Please how does la Nacional works?No agent in South Dakota as well..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mma800:

1. My dear, In my presence somebody was denied Visa because she said US was a developed country when she was asked 'Why US?'

2. I believe your No 5 question was 'how did u hear about NCCU?' and not 'Brief me your application process?' Please be specific, all that long story is not needed.

3. Choose a personal reason why you chose NCCU (no 4 question)

4. I don't think they are interested in the Uk schools you applied to unless you were specifically asked whether you did/ didnt consider UK schools.

Good luck

Thanks

Concerning why US? Put more light please

About NCCU, personal reason like wat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I dont mean it like that...what i mean is if you start off answering well , maybe VO would not bother asking for your test scores (it 50/50 which of d questions asked) ......so they key is to start off well with really good answers that what i mean by cover up, i guess i should have said make up for instead ..

I feel if your answers are generic and not going well then VO ask for test scores which are then low, it all goes downhill from there but nothing to redeem it to show you are a strong candidate

Ok sir, thanks

Help me check the transcript well, any addition or subtraction?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
gentledoj:

Ok sir, thanks

Help me check the transcript well, any addition or subtraction?

I don tell you say if its me i would rewrite it all making it more personal instead of these generic answer.... you know u are going from one bachelor to another, that hard to sell so incorporate like your work experience to for example why nursing NOW not before. Linking the two degree maybe through work or life experiences..... why the school that your answer for me its subtraction to be rewritten
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by soji0509: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi all.
I need onsite assistance from people in U.S. uni. studying IT, IT Security, Computer Science and related course. Or Gurus with invaluable experience.
I would like to be advised in respect of US schools with moderate schools fees, high quality of education, fair access to part time work
and good work experience.
A brother would like to go into Computer Sc. / IT security and need on the spot advice. Numerous contributions are welcome. I had done lots of google search but would like to profit from live experience.
Thanks so much in advance. Best wishes to you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I don tell you say if its me i would rewrite it all making it more personal instead of these generic answer.... you know u are going from one bachelor to another, that hard to sell so incorporate like your work experience to for example why nursing NOW not before. Linking the two degree maybe through work or life experiences..... why the school that your answer for me its subtraction to be rewritten

Ok sir

Can I tell the VO that NCCU is a black America university ( which is tru)... Can I use this statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Milk and honey how much will u pay for poe transcript, this is visa transcript page not poe..
meekandholy:

I read somewhere that your first POE is Chicago.. Don't forget to post your POE transcript here when you land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
gentledoj:

Ok sir

Can I tell the VO that NCCU is a black America university ( which is tru)... Can I use this statement?

grin grin grin no sir , except you want to be visa delayed

I would stick to selling the strength of the school. Speak about the quality of the program or anything that makes it unique and what that can do for you .

For example a good answer can be they have 100% NCLEX passing rate or any board exam which speaks to the quality of the program....**** disclaimer i dont know if this is true, just a random thought in my head regarding the 100%. Its just an example. You would need to do research abt the quality of the school ...so why that school needs to be good qualities of the school not just that it has black students

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Wow.. Okies I go enter area..
texrem:

360 for ikorodu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
Walspring:

Abeg which village be that
? U sef wan register for their association? Anyway sha the headquarters dey omu-aran..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mma800: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks

Concerning why US? Put more light please

About NCCU, personal reason like wat

She was asked why she was going to US for a masters degree and her answer was that 'US is a developed country' ( I heard it loud and clear). Then I think i heard d VO say Nigeria is developed enough to offer her a masters degree in engineering.

About Why NCCU, your response is generic na. Try and choose something specific like what you personally stand to gain there. Not because its the best school. Its a poor response

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
dickoflife:
? U sef wan register for their association? Anyway sha the headquarters dey omu-aran..

lol.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
For which side?? shocked Make i enter God is good tomorrow come track you na?

CBN headquarters

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Juls1603:

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't state all that, I was too happy and felt it would be a long tying.

But there are proper ways to ask a person for information.

Wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, See u at UB, Cheers.

Oh U rep UB? Wow..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

grin grin grin no sir , except you want to be visa delayed

I would stick to selling the strength of the school. Speak about the quality of the program or anything that makes it unique and what that can do for you .

For example a good answer can be they have 100% NCLEX passing rate or any board exam which speaks to the quality of the program....**** disclaimer i dont know if this is true, just a random thought in my head regarding the 100%. Its just an example. You would need to do research abt the quality of the school ...so why that school needs to be good qualities of the school not just that it has black students

grin grin grin cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
dickoflife:
Milk and honey how much will u pay for poe transcript, this is visa transcript page not poe..

Oga boss...I sight you....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dimejishittu
Congrats brotherly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
Am loyal to the end... How nah? You dey IB?
OJCITY22:

Oga boss...I sight you....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
Atatürk airport locked down again cos of military coup.
Turkish air is a no for melipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by BrosBola: 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Walspring:

If you read the story well you will see why POE refused the students at POE.

In other words, DHS must complete their research and they need to know who will attend and who will not attend the school before shutting down the schools

That is why its good to know about your school very well when applying to the school

Please explain in details bolded . Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
BrosBola:

Please explain in details bolded . Thanks

Someone posted the link and there are somethings stated there which was asked from them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
OluDare01:

O ni nnkan se tele ni... The likes of Dubai, Qatar and even Morocco which wan be democracy among them... I can't say I'm sorry for Erdogan his tendency to increasingly appropriate power to himself using Islam as a political tool set this up long ago. The powerful Turkish army is the guardian of Turkish secularity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
OluDare01:

Hope de re open it soon cos my friend is flying with dem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Can you read yours with an NFC reader app?

Yeah. Just install 'NFC TagInfo' from the android play store if you use an android phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
endowedlee:

Hope de re open it soon cos my friend is flying with dem
Ratchy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.