Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (671193 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2016
Wow! Congrats to u too @AsiwajuAfo001
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2016
dickoflife:
Me no even send anybody again.m thunder strike all the dollar notes inside bank.. Imagine mae we customers no fit buy dollars but bros u don old so oo. Haba 10 years ? My account is 1 year six months and 14 days.
Better thunder wey go strike them still dey gym for olympics before him go strike them. No be small ooo. i opened the account in 2004, yet they get mind open mouth they tell me na for "exclusive" accounts. Seems i will open an account with Stanbic then operate with the account for like 3months. Hope it works.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2016
dickoflife:
See you. Its normal nah. Dem go wan sell more 100 dollars cus people ask more for it. The smaller ones are in less demand.

Boss. You still dey our fatherland nii. Me think say u don go obodo oyinbo ni ooo. Meanwhile, how prep then! Make baba God pick my call too soonest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
Better thunder wey go strike them still dey gym for olympics before him go strike them. No be small ooo. i opened the account in 2004, yet they get mind open mouth they tell me na for "exclusive" accounts. Seems i will open an account with Stanbic then operate with the account for like 3months. Hope it works.

No be small thing Ooo. Only God knows what's wrong with most of these commercial banks self.....imagine, ordinary password for internet banking, I don spend more than three 3weeks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2016
OJCITY22:

No be small thing Ooo. Only God knows what's wrong with most of these commercial banks self.....imagine, ordinary password for internet banking, I don spend more than three 3weeks...
hahahahaha ur own case na serious matter. 3weeks? No naaaa. It shouldn't be. Na to check their office be dat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lonelyhrt(f): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
lonelyhrt, Its slightly possible. Thats only if she evaluates her transcript. Well UK is not bad. Which school in the UK?

University of Warwick......
How do they evaluate someone's Gpa in usa schools sef?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Guyz pls How do I go about getting an international driver's license.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2016
lonelyhrt:

Hummm. Warwick is a good school. I am surprised they accepted that Gpa or it was not 1.9 after convertion ...... That good then for the person

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2016
It will but this hassle with bank dey piss me off
fizzile:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by buchidsc: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2016
congrats@methodjim
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
hahahahaha ur own case na serious matter. 3weeks? No naaaa. It shouldn't be. Na to check their office be dat.

Will check them today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2016
dickoflife:
It will but this hassle with bank dey piss me off
You have got PM bro,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Daodudavid:

just did!

Already replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
Seems I will withdraw myself from my bank (Diamond bank). Just called to see if I could get PTA from them considering I have banked with them for more than 10yrs and all they said is they only give to those with "exclusive" accounts. So regular customers like we no dey their agenda. Rabbiisshhh!!! Seems I'll jzt try Stanbic.

No mind those banks nah so dem dey do..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2016
dickoflife:
Me no even send anybody again.m thunder strike all the dollar notes inside bank.. Imagine mae we customers no fit buy dollars but bros u don old so oo. Haba 10 years ? My account is 1 year six months and 14 days.

If thunder strike the dollars, e don waste be that ooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:46am On Jul 18, 2016
lonelyhrt:

Warwick? Quite expensive. Well with respect to evaluation, her undergraduate school will have to send her transcript to an evaluation agency, make necessary payments, then the agency will send the evaluation to the school she is applying into.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2016
This is for those who intende getting PTA from Stanbic IBTC Bank. I sent a mail and got this reply.
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for your mail.
Following your enquiry, kindly be informed that PTA can be processed at our Head office branch, IBTC
Place, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos with a three weeks’ notice to the travel date.
Please find below requirements for processing our PTA;
• Bio-data page of traveler
• Visa (other eligible entry documents where applicable);
Return air ticket;
• BVN(Bank Verification Number) of the traveler;
• Stanbic IBTC Bank’s account number to be debited for PTA purchase and
• Telephone number
You can also pre-book your request by visiting any of our branches nearest to you with the above requirement and you will be contacted when we are in a position to sell.
Also be informed that the limit for PTA is $4000 quarterly.
Thank you for your valued patronage.
Best regards,
N/B: I JUST CALLED THE CUSTOMER CARE AND I WAS TOLD RETURN TICKET CAN BE WAIVED FOR STUDENTS BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW YOUR ADMISSION LETTER TO PROOF THAT YOU ARE A STUDENT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2016
Greetings brothers.... smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2016
Fortissimo:

Haha this man. I just sent her an email now. Will follow up around midday if she hasn't replied. You are leaving like mid August right? At least you still get time to hustle with Stanbic as well.

Gunther are you up to something?
Mr Fortissimo, fill me in on this, may be interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
texrem:
Yankee boy. Be ready to post transcript. Safe trip
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
texrem:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ThreadsAdeleke: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
bro which school you going to

congrats

Motoshor:
Sorry for the delay my people, here is my transcript, it isn't in the order the questions were asked as I can't recollect, pardon me for that.
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning

VO: What are you going to the US for?
Me: I am going to the US for my masters in Engineering Technology.
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I am on full TS and my brother pays the rest of my expenses.
VO: Are you working?
Me: Yes, I work at...
VO: For how long? Me: .... months at my present place of work VO: Mention the
VO: Have you worked somewhere previously? Me: Yes, at ..... as.....
VO: What does your sponsor do? Me: He is a real estate building contractor.
VO: Tell me about the relationship between where you got TS and your program? Me: As an Engineer I will be helping with the operation and repairs of...
VO: Pick your visa at the circled location
Me: Thanks ma
VO: you welcome
Me: Have a great day
VO: You too
The bottom line is to pray, pray and pray. God is marvellously good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
Seems I will withdraw myself from my bank (Diamond bank). Just called to see if I could get PTA from them considering I have banked with them for more than 10yrs and all they said is they only give to those with "exclusive" accounts. So regular customers like we no dey their agenda. Rabbiisshhh!!! Seems I'll jzt try Stanbic.

No just bother about Stanbic they are f*ckers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
This is for those who intende getting PTA from Stanbic IBTC Bank. I sent a mail and got this reply.
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for your mail.
Following your enquiry, kindly be informed that PTA can be processed at our Head office branch, IBTC
Place, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos with a three weeks’ notice to the travel date.
Please find below requirements for processing our PTA;
• Bio-data page of traveler
• Visa (other eligible entry documents where applicable);
Return air ticket;
• BVN(Bank Verification Number) of the traveler;
• Stanbic IBTC Bank’s account number to be debited for PTA purchase and
• Telephone number
You can also pre-book your request by visiting any of our branches nearest to you with the above requirement and you will be contacted when we are in a position to sell.
Also be informed that the limit for PTA is $4000 quarterly.
Thank you for your valued patronage.
Best regards,
N/B: I JUST CALLED THE CUSTOMER CARE AND I WAS TOLD RETURN TICKET CAN BE WAIVED FOR STUDENTS BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW YOUR ADMISSION LETTER TO PROOF THAT YOU ARE A STUDENT.

Fizzile no just waste your time all those things dey fictional when you reach bank they will give you caveat that it depends on availability I.e it is not guaranteed and trust me it won't . I could have paid #335 for a $ instead of paying #364 due to Stanbic delay/denial. If your surname is not Dantata/Buhari/Dangote/Alakija just forget.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dimejishittu:
Hello all visa approved this morning at lagos embassy. Here is my transcript.
VO: good morning.
Me: good morning with a very large smile
VO : continued looking seriously at my I 20 and typing very fast. Looked again then typed some more. Then she asked what is engineering technology?
Me: I looked straight into her eyes and said engineering technology unlike traditional engineering is an applied engineering that involves hand on practical approach to solving technical problem.( I knew then that I had gotten the visa I just knew)
VO:what area of research do you want to pursue
Me: I would love to work with dr moin uddin on the design and building of energyodelling for mechanical and electrical systems.
VO : your visa has been approved pick it up blah blah I honestly didn't even hear the rest.
Shikena that was it.
Thanks naira landers for all the information shared and thanks to my fellow ETSU course mate @texrem. Really appreciate.

I already sent you a PM, am going to ETSU also for Engineering Technology. Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
@Fortissimo I've not heard back from you, what's up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hi2chuxy: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Sorry to read this
You have to Provide more details what were the schools or the referred school....it is possible that that vo it is his or her line of study hence that comment. You should have responded back that even though xx is better these are the reasons for choosing y... although those reasons have to be very good ones

Thanks for your concern, let me give u the transcript

Vo: good morning
me: good morning
vo: your pasport and i20
me: i gave him
vo: organizational communication in MSU,..... unipen has a better coursework in that field, why not unipen?
Me: MSU has one of the best course work in biz and mgt science. And MSU is affiliated to Arthur J.b college of business where our top executives go for certifications.
Vo: i am telling you that unipen has a better coursework in this particular course.
Me: i have testimonies from people i have worked with in recent time who are HR consultants with PHD in this course and from MSU and with my research, MSU stands out.

He typed for a while before the denial..

upon my findings, unipen offers organizational dynamics and not organizational communication.

pls advice moreso, can i reapply to establish my case becos the school resumes Aug 10th. (3 to 4weeks time)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
@Mekurexx I dey try that your 0909 number its not going thru, if you come here abeg answer your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:
@Fortissimo I've not heard back from you, what's up?

Bro, she just got back to me. They require a return ticket for PTA.

cc plauses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:

No just bother about Stanbic they are f*ckers

Wetin dem do? Them tell you story abi? These naija banks will just string someone along and keep posting you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
My transcript....... (Thurs 14/07/16)

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Ma'am
VO: Pass your documents
Me: Ok ( I passed it)
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: For my graduate studies
VO: Of what relevance is the graduate studies to your career?
Me: I am presently an assistant lecturer and to sustain myself on the job and also aim higher positions, there is a need for me to have my masters degree
VO: Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria before?
Me: No Ma'am, I have not traveled out before
VO: Ok (she types for about 1min and brings out the white paper)... Kindly pick up your passport........

It was just God o, I was denied in December, I deferred my admission, got another I 20 for free, was denied B1 visa in May and when I decided to give it the last trial, God did it.

*My friend who we were both denied last year December also got his a day before mine.

[/b]Winners never quit, quitters never win[b].

Thank you all.

August 12 on point, Ohio here I come.....

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks bro, I am going to East Tennessee State University.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.