Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (671316 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

Its funny how you managed to say those two in the same sentence.

Its not hard to see why Nigeria is in a mess despite numerous churches in Nigeria and number of people that call the name of God daily.

you probably never saw my big teeth?? grin
Taking it personal will be at you own risk, meanwhile we're not editing the bible here.

You be God? shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

you probably never saw my big teeth?? grin
Taking it personal will be at you own risk , meanwhile we're not editing the bible here.

You be God? shocked

I'm interested to know what the risk is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 5:50pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

..and you are pretty sure that that is how the interview question will turn out?

What do you think that might have happened to that bank account since the bank statement was printed 3months ago?

Don't forget it has date limit,
meanwhile it's assumed not certain.

when I went for mine, the V.O requested me to give her only my passport, and my i-20.
she requested me to remove all other documents from her canter grin

LOBATAN I land for Uncle SAM Bus-Stop!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2016
amanze15:
you don't want to travel with a geologist grin grin grin we are never in a haste

I see. All I see on highway is other drivers distances, speeds and driving skills. Then the main thing, scanning far ahead for police presence. grin For cameras, on highway they don't monitor speed. I once did between 90 to 95 mph from NY to Maryland, passing through NJ and DE. I had - 45 mins less than the normal travel time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:02pm On May 14, 2016
Fortissimo:

Hmm no be small tin. But schools accept statements as old as 6 months. Guess embassy is stricter. Maybe Angelapinkytoes who presented bank statements recently can let us know how old her statements were.
my statements were printed April 19th.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 14, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
my statements were printed April 19th.

Thank you...so that's about 3 weeks old.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:14pm On May 14, 2016
Fortissimo:

Thank you...so that's about 3 weeks old.
yes,I read somewhere about someone wanting to use a 3months old bank statement,it's a 50/50.The VO might ask to see it or put you on admin processing to clarify if the funds is still there.But to me it's absurd going with a 3months old BS why not print a new one?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

You don't need one for US visa interview, if they need you to present one you be asked to bring it another day.
That is counterproductive.

1-3 months is okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 6:35pm On May 14, 2016
DeeTus:
That is counterproductive.

1-3 months is okay.

This is one of the numerous occasions the VO has said this:

abujaniv:

Hello Sayfolksy,

We recommend you book early for an appointment. You do not need any documents - the officers rarely look at documents. You will need to convince the officer that you have strong ties to Nigeria.

Regards,
Nigeria Visa Team

All the VOs here have said it over and over again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:08pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

you are fucking right. i dont really need all d documents. i know some people who went to d embassy dis month and no docs asked.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 14, 2016
I agree with all said. But I am sure no one wants to be in a situation where the VO asks for your bank statements and you then say, ah sorry VO I heard I don't need them so I didn't bring them. So how did you get your I-20

Besides, bank statements are still listed as suggested documents on the us embassy website. It's better to be safe than sorry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mike1994reds: 7:27pm On May 14, 2016
i guess i'll be the FIRST testifier in this new part 9 thread. what an honour!!!
all glory to God, my visa was approved at about 11:30 at the usa embassy in lagos.after i've been denied f1 visa 2yrs ago. here's how it went: i was at the embassy very early around 8:30 b4 my appointment time which was slated for 11am. hanged around somewhere enjoying the cool breeze of.d area while watching pple coming out of d embassy with sad faces and their passport together.with d blue rejection
paper with them. just kept my nerves and was rehearsing and praying too. at around.10:30, i decided to go in myself, did.d neccessary documents arrangement and checkings den straight into the sacred room( ibi a wi lade yi o). i joined the queue standing, d rooms was too cold.for.me i.guess because i was tensed. as i drew near the VO window on d queue, my heart.was beating at about 200times/min, lost my confidence at d sight of pple denied, lot and lot.of.pple got denied that day, a very bad day at d embassy. just to chip this in, d lady in window 4 actually exhausted her blue denial paper and had to go to d next window to borrow denial paper b4 she went for.another pack.
i had to exit d queue with an excuse of going to.d toilet, there i washed my face, prayed and rehearsed a little in front of d mirror then rejoined d queue again from the back.
finally standing in front of window six VO to b interviewed
VO: hey, good morning( d man seems to b a jovial person, saw him crack joke with 2 applicants b4 issuing visa)
ME: good morning sir(with a fake smile)
VO: you are going for.studies at the university of maine
ME: yes sir, my undergraduate studies
VO: ok, what major?
ME: mechanical engineering
VO: why did you choose dis school?
ME: i chose the school after realizing the excellent quality of the technological skills and facilities such as the PDC(process developing centre), MSCC(machine structure and composite centre) available to students at d school. aside from that fact i was quite particular about.school that engage their student much more in machine design projects as i would love to be a competent and a practising engineer when i return to my country, nigeria and not just a theoretical engineer, someone sound in d knowledge of.math and science and not practising it.(vo listened intently and was nodding)
VO: you have a passion for.engineering?
ME: yes sir, right from my secondary school days
VO: do you have a score?
ME: the school exempted me.from submitting TOEFL score but i.....(VO cuts in)
VO: i dont care about TOEFL, just show me something, ur transcipt, ur score, anything!
ME: ok, give me a minute sir, ( checked my clear bag patiently and brought out my transcript and waec result,passed it to him)
VO: ok, ( i think he was after my score in math cos i heard him utter mathematics silently, i had distinction 'A&B' in my transcript and waec rsptvly.)
when does d programme starts
ME: 23rd of aug, this year
VOsadtyping very fast) you were here two years ago with an i-20 from bedmiji state university
ME: yes sir, i was denied.the visa that day
VO: why?
ME: according to paper given to me, i was unable.to.demonstrate strong home ties to my country.
VO: where is bemidji state.university? i have.not.heard.of.such school
ME: it's a state university in thr city of.bemidji in minnesota.
VO: who's paying for your studies!
ME: my mum
VO:what does she do?
ME:she's a lecturer at bleep bleep university.
VO: what kind of.lecturer?
ME: (was a bit confused but never showed on my face as he was watching closely) she's a senior lecturer.(vo nods)
VO: (was typing intently then suddenly frowned his face, i knew something was up) have you paid your sevis fee?
ME: (with an astonished face) yes i have! i have my reciept.here!
VO: it's not reflecting on d system and i......(then i cut in)
ME: i actually paid 2days ago and i was told it would take 2working days b4 it reflects
VO: sorry, i cant see it!
ME: but i have my reciept here, (my countenance dropped and was obviously scared and he noticed that)
VO: (with a big smile) i want to issue you ur visa but i need to b sure d money has been paid. ok, lemme see what i can do.( was typing super-fast!)
ME: was praying in my mind, dey call GOd to show his mercy at dis point.
VO: ok ok ok, i'll be approving your visa and you can pick up ur passport and ur form at d circled location(passes d white paper ti me and then folded my i-20 into my passport then placed it beside his system)
ME: ( i was curious on one side as i know d normal routine is that they give u ur i-20 while they keep ur passport, gurus in d house should correct me if am wrong pls, but i just didnt care
since he said d golden words and gave me d white paper)
THANK YOU sir!
VO: (gave a thumbs-up and winked an eye at me) Enjoy your day.

i just cant thank you guys enough, justwise, dapo, aadeyi, msnas, slimmy, warriboy, ogechukwu,my pseudo-VO and everyone that has ever posted something useful on dis thread. let's keep up d good works.
and my prayer for those having their.interview coming up, the God whose name is.JEHOVAH that did mine.will.do.yours İJN!!

35 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 7:30pm On May 14, 2016
Hello house, well I just realized that my gre has been seized for the third time. I registered with one MACKIV consults opposite cement bus stop on Lagos_abeokuta express way. Those guys have played me on 3 different occasions but I will look for an immediate and permanent solution before revisiting their case as I am not even in Lagos right now. The only reason I registered with them was because I needed an earlier date than the one I saw on the GRE website n they were able to get me a spot.

I will be back to that place n will explain to them the meaning of naira-dollar exchange rate. Lemme just save it.

How can I go about paying 235usd with a credit card. I haven't seen any option for that payment n gre customer service is taking too long.

If u have ever being in such situation or u know someone who had the same issue, kindly tell me how to go about the repayment with a credit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kamal9889: 7:36pm On May 14, 2016
My query is my usa visitor visa holds my surname but my recent passport doesn't as I divorcee and it's deleted.. Will it be a problem for visiting usa I mean from immigration point ôf view
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

Ease your mind brother, they may not even ask you as mentioned by brother (dickoflife),
But if them ask: tell them your wife and you has been managing your laundry business for the past 7 years, with your absences you're very certain that she could manage it efficiently.

I'll also advice you to go for MFM Power must change hand program, do it Fire Fire! grin
put some respek in ma name nigga
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:47pm On May 14, 2016
Send the money to someone in the US using WU and let the person help you pay over there. or you can use GIEVA (At Marina). I think they charge using official rate and they are certified
AgreatMan:
Hello house, well I just realized that my gre has been seized for the third time. I registered with one MACKIV consults opposite cement bus stop on Lagos_abeokuta express way. Those guys have played me on 3 different occasions but I will look for an immediate and permanent solution before revisiting their case as I am not even in Lagos right now. The only reason I registered with them was because I needed an earlier date than the one I saw on the GRE website n they were able to get me a spot.

I will be back to that place n will explain to them the meaning of naira-dollar exchange rate. Lemme just save it.

How can I go about paying 235usd with a credit card. I haven't seen any option for that payment n gre customer service is taking too long.

If u have ever being in such situation or u know someone who had the same issue, kindly tell me how to go about the repayment with a credit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:49pm On May 14, 2016
I am drawing so much encouragement and strength from the positive transcripts and knowledge here!. I still have time to prepare tho..... Anyone here studying Social Work (Masters or Undergrad)?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

They rarely ask for documents, do not mean they don't ask for "statement of account".

Lots of candidates have been denied visa based on account statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 14, 2016
@mike1994reds, congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 8:08pm On May 14, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mike1994reds: 8:25pm On May 14, 2016
brightify:
congrats bro, I'm also going for an undergraduate program, will book my appointment next month.
i wish you the best of God, pray and rehearse well from ur heart.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 14, 2016
Agreatman sorry about that mess. Why not use paypal to pay?

Mike1994reds, congrats...in your elation don't forget to make sure you collect your I-20 oo. It's probably even more important than your visa, or at least, as important.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2016
Those 2 guys above me don't have to quote everything just to drop one line of felicitations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2016
@mike1994reds,

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 14, 2016
Fortissimo:
Agreatman sorry about that mess. Why not use paypal to pay?

Mike1994reds, congrats...in your elation don't forget to make sure you collect your I-20 oo. It's probably even more important than your visa, or at least, as important.
what those people do is to challenge the payment made. Sometimes they lie that their ATM card was stolen so ETS would refund their money.
Pls prospective graduate students, register with your ATM cards linked with PayPal to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 8:48pm On May 14, 2016
Thank you sir
justwise:

You don't need one for US visa interview, if they need you to present one you be asked to bring it another day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 14, 2016
Holudarey01:

what those people do is to challenge the payment made. Sometimes they lie that their ATM card was stolen so ETS would refund their money.
Pls prospective graduate students, register with your ATM cards linked with PayPal to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Wow really? What a big shame. This is the same reason why as a Nigerian (among other nationalities), you can't pay sevis fee with a card. I read it somewhere on the sevis website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 9:04pm On May 14, 2016
I hear u baba I no go dull am,dem no go beat me if e dey my file
Fortissimo:
I agree with all said. But I am sure no one wants to be in a situation where the VO asks for your bank statements and you then say, ah sorry VO I heard I don't need them so I didn't bring them. So how did you get your I-20

Besides, bank statements are still listed as suggested documents on the us embassy website. It's better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 9:16pm On May 14, 2016
Fortissimo:

Wow really? What a big shame. This is the same reason why as a Nigerian (among other nationalities), you can't pay sevis fee with a card. I read it somewhere on the sevis website.

So sad. Anyway have you been able to gather enough dollars for your trip? How far with the PTA? As at this evening GTB is charging 309, Zenith 330, First 317... God help us. The cash available to one is reducing value by the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.