Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677506 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
olenemie u really need a tutor...calm down n defer ur admission to spring...

Pls what's the age limit for someone entering college?

cc:everybody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
texrem:
olenemie u really need a tutor...calm down n defer ur admission to spring...

Pls what's the age limit for someone entering college?

cc:everybody?

Age limit before or after visa ...lol grin

After visa there no age limit to schooling. You can be 100 self .

Before visa .... well some say the older u are the harder it is to convince the VO that you are a credible student. Some have been able to convince and get visa others not so lucky... So it all depends on if you are able to convince the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
It's like Sirriddy Don gbera go Kansas......your mobile number is not going. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Age limit before or after visa ...lol grin

After visa there no age limit to schooling. You can be 100 self .

Before visa .... well some say the older u are the harder it is to convince the VO that you are a credible student. Some have been able to convince and get visa others not so luck. So it all depends on if you are able to .
i am 33 this year. Abeg is it possible to attebd high school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by essayHelp(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
femi321:
Visa Approved in Lagos today 1pm.interview was less than 1min. It still like a dream, I need to sleep and wake up first..Transcript loading...

Congrats Bro. You deserve it and more besides.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
dickoflife:
i am 33 this year. Abeg is it possible to attebd high school?

High school different na and yes you can seat for your GED (our waec) exams at 100yrs. Not attend school as a student but write your exams

Same way there is no age limit to write Jamb or start Uni in Nigeria ...or is there

**** from google :In 1988, at age 77, Nola received her associate degree from Dodge City Community College.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
riskyjay777:
Hello peepz... Pls am new to dis forum. I wld be glad if u can give a positive answer to my question. I applied for MSc in Public Admin for spring semester 2017. Am always bother abt the question the VO usually ask, 'Why do u want to study Public Admin'?.... Pls I wld be grateful if someone can give me a positive answer to the question. Thanks.

The answer to this is in your statement of intent/ purpose. This shows you didn't write your SOP yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jemmiee(f): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
dannybrown19:

You have to study a four year program(pre-med) in biology, graduate with a good GPA then apply to a med school where you spend another 4years.
As for SAT and TOEFL, it's just a requirement to get into college. I will advice you write them, get a good score, you can get a scholarship.
Thanks a lot....!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by CProf: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
GboyegaD:

Congrats oga. I feel honored each time I read my name on transcripts. May God make your soujourn prosperous.
Amen thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by riskyjay777: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ajibade105:

The answer to this is in your statement of intent/ purpose. This shows you didn't write your SOP yourself.

Thanks Ajibade... A cousin of mine in US is assisting me on the apllication.. Please can you give me a clue on it, I will appreciate it a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Damayor12(m): 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
YoungPablo91:
Visa approved this morning (6.30am batch) at the Lagos embassy.
Wanna thank everyone on this forum for all the information shared. It went a long way. Transcripts coming through soon.

Bro, I sent a PM.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
pls gurus in the house help me evaluate my pre-interview transcript.going to southwest minnesota state university for bachelor degree in mathematics.

vo:how did you get to know about this school
me i got to know about this school through my dad friend doing his doctorate degree in the school after which i went online and got information about the school and i applied.

vo:why this sch
me:i chose this school because it has an outstanding mathematics curriculum where mathematics major minimum number of semesters hours is increased and the maximum limit is removed this which would allow me take more core courses in calculus and analysis.and taking more courses in cal and analysis would prepare me towards a career in becoming a data analyst and working in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:why mathematics
me: i chose to study mathematics because i want to have a career in data analyst and a degree in mathematics would equip me with analytical and problem solving skills to work in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:what would this course do for you
me:this course would equip me with analytical and problem solving skills to work in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:what do you intend to do after your studies:
me:i intend to work in a telecomm company due to rapid increase in number of mobile phone user in nigeria.this which would make my skills to be of high demand.

i don come with my wahala again o pls make una help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
Abimmbolar:
Hi guys!! Am totally a jjc on this platform and am totally wondering why it took me so long to find this! I must say, having read through some of the post, my hopes are up again.I have some questions guys and I will really be grateful if you can put me through cos this American dream no be today oooo. My situation is, am a female mechanical engineering graduate with cgpa of 3.92 on a 5.0 scale,am considering studying industrial engineering /engineering management. schools I have in mind through my random search includes University of Wisconsin University of Texas Austin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Ohio state University. I plan to take the gre by Nov as am looking at fall 2017 admission. But here is the big problem, I literally do not have a means of financing my graduate studies, literally my parent can't afford it except maybe the travel fees and few stuffs so, am solely relying on some form on graduate assistantship or tuition waiver if possible. My question is, is it possible to fund graduate studies in the USA without a huge sum of money at the start, I mean is it possible not to be required to pay tuition fees at the beginning. Also, for my financial statements,my closest option is an uncle with a different surname to mine and also an uncle business financial statement. Does it matter, that I don't intend to use a close relative financial statements for this? Do I have a chance as regards my finances? Also, what minimum amount can guarantee me a safe travel . I would be glad if someone answers my questions... please

You have a good GPA, do well on your GRE and TOEFL and write a compelling Personal statement and you're well on your way to a full GA. A good place to look for "safe" schools is usnews.com. Use the subject-specific rankings to chose schools, be ready to browse through many of their webpages, and choose some in the first 10, a few others in the 20-30 rank and others in the 30-50 rank. That's how you spread your options.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
riskyjay777:

Thanks Ajibade... A cousin of mine in US is assisting me on the apllication.. Please can you give me a clue on it, I will appreciate it a lot.

Best to take ownership of your SOP / application and do it yourself. That way you will learn alot and be more knowledgeable........ which will be very helpful during interview time and if when you start school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ahahnow: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello House, is anyone applying to Notre Dame Mendozza? I would like to connect with someone on the same journey as I.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
ahahnow:
Hello House, is anyone applying to Notre Dame Mendozza? I would like to connect with someone on the same journey as I.

Nice one . Very good school and super expensive.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:
motifoluwasolami:
Good day everyone, please what does last 60 credits hours translate to?

cc:imperiouxx, sirRiddy, lagosismyhome, Gunther6, Walspring.

It depends in what content , i have limited idea ......lol but Google does

In general, a student must complete 120 semester hours to receive a Bachelor's degree. Because of this requirement, 60 semester hours usually mean that the student is halfway through a degree program so 60 last credit is your last two final years for First degree (year 3 and 4) , and first 60 credit is year 1 and 2 or Community College credit .

So your last 60 credit can be used to calculate your Junior (year 3) /Senior (year 4) Average .

Does that help if not , reframe your question regarding what you need the calculation for

Exactly.

Last 60 credits from your previous university. It's the same as the most current 60 credits.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kpimp:
pls gurus in the house help me evaluate my pre-interview transcript.going to southwest minnesota state university for bachelor degree in mathematics.

vo:how did you get to know about this school
me i got to know about this school through my dad friend doing his doctorate degree in the school after which i went online and got information about the school and i applied.

vo:why this sch
me:i chose this school because it has an outstanding mathematics curriculum where mathematics major minimum number of semesters hours is increased and the maximum limit is removed this which would allow me take more core courses in calculus and analysis.and taking more courses in cal and analysis would prepare me towards a career in becoming a data analyst and working in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:why mathematics
me: i chose to study mathematics because i want to have a career in data analyst and a degree in mathematics would equip me with analytical and problem solving skills to work in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:what would this course do for you
me:this course would equip me with analytical and problem solving skills to work in a telecomm company when i return after my studies.

vo:what do you intend to do after your studies:
me:i intend to work in a telecomm company due to rapid increase in number of mobile phone user in nigeria.this which would make my skills to be of high demand.

i don come with my wahala again o pls make una help me

The VO will then reply; why did you chose Computer science?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
riskyjay777:

No one can write your dream for you. Take your pen and write why Public Admin interest you... Let me help you, I be Mathematician so my answer might not sound like the one an expert in this field gonna give.

I decided to opt for a master’s degree in public administration considering my passion for public policy and administration of public entities. This is because in my country, Nigeria, there has always been chaos in the administration of public organizations and how public policies are not addressing public problems. Even around the world, arguments for or against policies made by public officials exists leaving me with many unanswered questions. For example, could it be that public officials make policies which do not produce desired effects? Perhaps, do they not understand the psychology behind the administration of public organization? These questions and more further spurred my interest in public administration and I am certain that a master’s degree in [name of school] will culminate in finding convincing answers to such questions.

**cheers**

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fregkay: 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
Please house, studied civil engineering and going for my master in technology management. Am I on point?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello,

Am a graduate of the University of Lagos, Department of Mathematics. I find out about this thread/ forum few days ago and am always glad when I read transcripts here. When I converted my last 60 credits (Last 2 years) with WES free calculator, I got 3.91/4.00. The hike in the GRE fee made me not to write the exam. I am tired of giving excuses to get to the dream land.

I will be glad if someone can help with a good GRE material(s). Proposed program is M.Sc. Biostatistics.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ajibade105:

The VO will then reply; why did you chose Computer science?

a mathematics, statistics, comp sci and information tech major can become a data analyst
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kpimp:

a mathematics, statistics, comp sci and information tech major can become a data analyst

I didn't say they can't be. I just want to assume the VO might just ask why not a degree in Computer Sci. You just gave an answer to the question tho!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by solojay2002: 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good evening house. I am silent follower and this thread is really educative and orientative. I applaud every contributor in the house.

I have an OND in Business Administration and a BSC in Sociology. I have been working for 6 years as a Business Manager. I am applying for MBA in Lincoln University in California.

My question is, is Lincoln University a forced to be reckoned with in MBA programmes and hope my first degree doesn't have any negative implications on my intended program. I need your advise house. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
@ajibade wud just say I had my national diploma in mathematics that y I want to continue with d degree.what do u think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by riskyjay777: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ajibade105:

No one can write your dream for you. Take your pen and write why Public Admin interest you... Let me help you, I be Mathematician so my answer might be sound like the one an expert in this field gonna give.

I decided to opt for a master’s degree in public administration considering my passion for public policy and administration of public entities. This is because in my country, Nigeria, there has always been chaos in the administration of public organizations and how public policies are not addressing public problems. Even around the world, arguments for or against policies made by public officials exists leaving me with many unanswered questions. For example, could it be that public officials make policies which do not produce desired effects? Perhaps, do they not understand the psychology behind the administration of public organization? These questions and more further spurred my interest in public administration and I am certain that a master’s degree in [name of school] will culminate in finding convincing answers to such questions.

**cheers**

Hmmmmm... Thanks Ajibade, I really appreciate your positive response. God bless you. Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by essayHelp(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Abimmbolar:
@square66,ojap and everyone.. .. Thanks guys, I appreciate. Am beginning to check for less competitive schools to have a proper chance for the assistantship . although, I decide to still keep University of Illinois to be the strongest list, then Florida state University . Can someone teach me how to search /find out other means to be very sure about the GA of schools. Using Google, am getting some positive vibes about University of Illinois GA... And I don't want to decive myself by what posted on their website. Pls help me on the best ways to search and verify.... Thanks guys.

- Go to thegradcafe survey results page and search for your school and department. On the comments column, note the number of students with funding.

- Go to the Edulix forum and read up on all the posts on 'the school specific' thread for your school. Also, read the results thread, from 2012 to present, for your department and note the proportion of students indicating funding offers.

- Join the MS in US groups for Fall 2015 and 2016 on Facebook. Search the groups with a query that contains your school and department (remember to use the common acronyms associated with them, too). Note the number of incoming students with funding offers.

- You can also mail students already in the department to inquire about funding. Please do not ask them if there is funding in the department -- that is too generic. Try to ask for the specific number of students in their cohort who are funded through assistantships (and probably the number that obtained funding after the first/second semester).

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kpimp:

The best thing is to talk more about mathematics than the features looking like computer sci. Talk about modeling... I can still help with my 2 kobo.
I'm also a mathematician
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
@akin ur 2 kobo wud b much appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by steve4ever: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
PLEASE house i need to book a flight........leaving by next wk to maryland. plaese i need info cheap flight and how to go about the booking.
ths so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
dickoflife:
it is obvious you didnt fill the first form yourself, you should have gotten in contact with a member of this thread to educate you. it bears fully on me the weight of your actions which translates to damage of credibility. wait till the next admission window and get things right. goodluck.

LagosismyHome:

But he said he did .... i am interested to know if you Olenime really did or not

I remembered him during his application but only God knows why the VO told him that, Maybe he over sweet talk to the VO's hear. i think i told him to post his transcript but didn't hear from him like before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.