Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676291 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 7:42am On Aug 05, 2016
Jaypoundsgmail:

Congrats bro.....how were you able to refire within one week after the denail?
Reapplied the next day after denial and took the next available appointment day

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ngobaby23: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2016
Good morning everyone please I need advice from someone experienced. I've searched google but I'm not really getting what i want. I have a 2.2 bsc in microbiology. I've always dreamt of studying nursing. I don't see myself working as a microbiologist. I would like to study nursing in either Canada or USA. Do I need to apply with my bsc? Or my weac since I'm going for a bsc course. What's the tuition like? "please I need advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 8:43am On Aug 05, 2016
OluDare01:

Thanks boss

Uwc sire! I actually checked them out this morning. They are selling for 385 this morning. Was surprised, was expecting something like 400. Naija I hail thee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

Uwc sire! I actually checked them out this morning. They are selling for 385 this morning. Was surprised, was expecting something like 400. Naija I hail thee!
Seriously?
No be small thing o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
femi321:
They can aprove PTA at #199 for people going on hajj but cant for Student..Student can't even get it easily at #320 not to talk of #199...This country is a useless one with Useless leaders

Can you imagine that, and some people say this country will get better. Aswear, I don't see it getting even close in several years to come. Rubbish, who hajj epp?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2016
OluDare01:

Seriously?
No be small thing o
Yea bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2016
ngobaby23:
Good morning everyone please I need advice from someone experienced. I've searched google but I'm not really getting what i want. I have a 2.2 bsc in microbiology. I've always dreamt of studying nursing. I don't see myself working as a microbiologist. I would like to study nursing in either Canada or USA. Do I need to apply with my bsc? Or my weac since I'm going for a bsc course. What's the tuition like? "please I need advice.

Hi,

Since you are going for another undergrad, you don't need the bsc however it is very good for you to state in your statement of purpose that you are wll grounded to some extent in the sciences and i believe this can boost your chances.

Secondly, carefully check the program requirements of the school you intend going, it might be that a degree or any diploma in one of the sciences have preferences to your application into nursing program.

The best thing to do now is to send an email or call the department to ask these questions as different schools do have different requirements.

Best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2016
zt:

Hi,

Since you are going for another undergrad, you don't need the bsc however it is very good for you to state in your statement of purpose that you are wll grounded to some extent in the sciences and i believe this can boost your chances.

Secondly, carefully check the program requirements of the school you intend going, it might be that a degree or any diploma in one of the sciences have preferences to your application into nursing program.

The best thing to do now is to send an email or call the department to ask these questions as different schools do have different requirements.

Best
This question has been answered more than once.
Lagosismyhome did justice to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2016
AshBammy:

Doing well,
Thank you *counting down*
No I never travel e remain small,unko
Yes o Gunther6 and Dickoflife fashy me too o angry sad
lols i am sorry ma.. been busy lately getting things together.... seen a few nairalanders but unfortunately i have changed phones.... i will get across to you soon or get your number from someone. Have a lovely day ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

Can you imagine that, and some people say this country will get better. Aswear, I don't see it getting even close in several years to come. Rubbish, who hajj epp?
My brother everything about this country can kill you,nothing is working and its sad. Its well with us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2016
Oh! Safe trip then cheesy Mine is Emirates, 17th... Cheers!

akins2016:

Tomorrow. Ethopian airline. What about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2016
calfavour:

I'm fine Dear and you?
You don travel?
All these immunization I didn't do any again, I remembered completing mine during Undergrad days. Let's chat on the other side.
Guther6 and Dickoflike : has finally forgotten me... undecided undecided
relocation and readjustment can take awhile.. tried driving around using google maps and it was a disaster at first cus i was so slow.. been busy and doing stuffs. Am sorry ma. Will try to get across.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2016
@ dickoflife Hope you're good, bro? Na so we no come see your travel transcript! tongue Please, me as a lady dey await am oooo grin Endeavor to drop... Cheers wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2016
femi321:
My brother everything about this country can kill you,nothing is working and its sad. Its well with us

Amen bro.

@zt, How are you? still expecting your mail (reply). Bless up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Phoebus:
@ dickoflife Hope you're good, bro? Na so we no come see your travel transcript! tongue Please, me as a lady dey await am oooo grin Endeavor to drop... Cheers wink
i will try to update it ma...... thanks for the shoutout.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2016
Phoebus:

lol, seems you are much more interested in his travel transcript. May i know why?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2016
dickoflife:
i will try to update it ma...... thanks for the shoutout.

Oga boss, i hail you ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by wowchild22: 10:28am On Aug 05, 2016
You may take it with you but there's 99% chance of it not being checked. all they have business with is your current passport even if its blank.
FreeMeEllah:
Good day to everyone here, my interview is on August 24th, i want to ask if i can take my old Nigerian passport along with me because i have been to Benin Republic in 2008 and have stamp on it. Can i take the old Nigerian passport to the Embassy with me?? Please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2016
ngobaby23:

Very simple, I was accepted to study Nursing and i used my bsc Microbiology to study Nursing as second degree. My waec and bsc transcript was evaluated and sent to the school. Finished

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

Oga boss, i hail you ooo
hello sir.. how are u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 11:17am On Aug 05, 2016
GOODNEWS: CBN resumes dollar sales to BDCs today – The Nation
AUGUST 5, 2016 BY ABOKIFX
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

It stopped the sales last January because of what it called dollar scarcity and abuse of operating guidelines.

Speaking to The Nation yesterday, Aminu Gwadabe, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON) President, said nearly 3,000 BDCs are expected to access dollar from the CBN today.

He said the BDCs had on Wednesday, funded their accounts with the CBN in readiness for the transaction, adding that dollar disbursement will start today and continue next week.

“Our members funded their accounts with the CBN on Wednesday and will get the dollar equivalent today. The funds will be sold at the prevailing inter-bank rate,” he said.

Gwadabe said the funds would come at one per cent commission, which has been agreed with the regulator.

The CBN directed the BDCs to render returns and comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Gwadabe promised that the BDCs would abide by the directives and continually provide detailed reports on how previous dollars sourced from the CBN were utilised.
For more on this,read the complete version at http://abokifx.com/cbn-resumes-dollar-sales-bdcs-today-nation/
Indeed this should be good news to all of us.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2016
dickoflife:
hello sir.. how are u?

Am good brother, i hope you are settling well over. We go align soon. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2016
fizzile:
he Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

It stopped the sales last January because of what it called dollar scarcity and abuse of operating guidelines.

Speaking to The Nation yesterday, Aminu Gwadabe, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON) President, said nearly 3,000 BDCs are expected to access dollar from the CBN today.

He said the BDCs had on Wednesday, funded their accounts with the CBN in readiness for the transaction, adding that dollar disbursement will start today and continue next week.

“Our members funded their accounts with the CBN on Wednesday and will get the dollar equivalent today. The funds will be sold at the prevailing inter-bank rate,” he said.

Gwadabe said the funds would come at one per cent commission, which has been agreed with the regulator.

The CBN directed the BDCs to render returns and comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Gwadabe promised that the BDCs would abide by the directives and continually provide detailed reports on how previous dollars sourced from the CBN were utilised.
For more on this,read the complete version at http://abokifx.com/cbn-resumes-dollar-sales-bdcs-today-nation/

Cool news, lemme digest well before i can say anything further. I hope it reduces the dollar rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

Am good brother, i hope you are settling well over. We go align soon. grin
amen sir..... ya all kept me awake.... oya abeg who dey come i beed origin and okpa eyin. I take God beg all of you. Gelp my career. Back dey pain me gan ni o .........

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2016
Reporting live from Cassablanca. My own don be, I have no phone. Lappy battery remain like 30 mins, and my charger plug no enter anywhere for here. Next flight is in 3 hours. Na to dey look remain. How y'all doing? Nothing exciting yet lol. I just dey look like cold water; expressionless. Fine fine Arab girls for here, nothing else is interesting to look at.

Flight to Cassablanca, The crew changed my seat. They moved me to the emergency exit side cos them think say because I be about 6ft 3" and I get relatively muscular arms, I go save people when kasala wan burst. If to say anything happen, na to open exit door take off first. All man for himself... kidding o (I for help the fine girls). I slept almost all through the duration. Their chops make sense. Life of plenty sugar don start be that.

I'll post a more interesting to read transcript when I don reach God's own country and I don settle down.

PS: Nigerian economy don make me realize say e be like say one of my great grand fathers na ijebu man. I just dey calculate things like weyrey since morning. Not sure I'm gonna be buying anything anytime soon unless I don overthink am and think about the value wey e go add to me and my great grand children. anything wey dem no go benefit from, I no dey buy. Make money no finish.

Gotta run now, keeping my battery in order to contact family and friends when I get to Newyork. God bless Ameri... sorry, Me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2016
gentledoj:

Very simple, I was accepted to study Nursing and i used my bsc Microbiology to study Nursing as second degree. My waec and bsc transcript was evaluated and sent to the school. Finished
Looks like I have finally meet som1 of my kind, I that I was d only one Dts going for a nursing program after b.sc , I was beginning to think it will be hard to gain admission, please message me via venecasty1@gmail.com or send yours I have questions to ask, I want to for spring2017 but am still having some difficulties understanding d whole admi process.tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by seriki1563: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2016
hello gurus in the house i am a silent user of nairaland and u guys have been very helpful to me. i have a question to ask.i am applying as an undergraduate student in ETSU and i was told to send my official trranscript.but i dont know which one it is. i was thinking if it is my waec they are talking about which i will be able to send to them when i get to WAEC office. your answers are very important to me and i will be very glad to hear from you. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2016
sureb0y:
Reporting live from Cassablanca. My own don be, I have no phone. Lappy battery remain like 30 mins, and my charger plug no enter anywhere for here. Next flight is in 3 hours. Na to dey look remain. How y'all doing? Nothing exciting yet lol. I just dey look like cold water; expressionless. Fine fine Arab girls for here, nothing else is interesting to look at.

Flight to Cassablanca, The crew changed my seat. They moved me to the emergency exit side cos them think say because I be about 6ft 3" and I get relatively muscular arms, I go save people when kasala wan burst. If to say anything happen, na to open exit door take off first. All man for himself... kidding o (I for help the fine girls). I slept almost all through the duration. Their chops make sense. Life of plenty sugar don start be that.

I'll post a more interesting to read transcript when I don reach God's own country and I don settle down.

PS: Nigerian economy don make me realize say e be like say one of my great grand fathers na ijebu man. I just dey calculate things like weyrey since morning. Not sure I'm gonna be buying anything anytime soon unless I don overthink am and think about the value wey e go add to me and my great grand children. anything wey dem no go benefit from, I no dey buy. Make money no finish.

Gotta run now, keeping my battery in order to contact family and friends when I get to Newyork. God bless Ameri... sorry, Me.

Lol, safe trip bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
dickoflife:
amen sir..... ya all kept me awake.... oya abeg who dey come i beed origin and okpa eyin. I take God beg all of you. Gelp my career. Back dey pain me gan ni o .........
lol.i pray oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hi
fizzile:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

Oga, leave all these their tori and propaganda, will dollar reduce say by next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
nellyalph:
Hi

Oga, abeg leave all these their tori and propaganda, will dollar reduce say by next week
You say make I leave tori and propaganda yet u cm bk dey ask me if dollar go reduce by next week. As I post am na bad tn? By next week u check if e don reduce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.