Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677344 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
fizzile:
You say make I leave tori and propaganda yet u cm bk dey ask me if dollar go reduce by next week. As I post am na bad tn? By next week u check if e don reduce.

Lol, I wasn't attacking you ooooo, CBN and their story, its just too much. Anyways make we wait till monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
biikeys:

My question to you would be, how close are you to the end of your studies..you want to be careful it's not too close.
it expires next summer and i have plans to travel down to nigeria around the same period, and i am not sure if this statement "Students should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to travelling. Your DSO generally works in the International Student Office. You must have a current SEVIS Form I-20 endorsed for travel and your DSO needs to be able to verify that your SEVIS record is accurate and up-to-date" would be able to bring me back into the country if i finish my coursework around the same period if i either get a OPT or decides to pursue a PHD.....just curious though grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
cosxzbay:

Yes...
i dey hear you....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yorubadboy1: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
please house am a student traveling to.Oklahoma state this august but I want to reach Atlanta to visit a family friend I hope it won't affect if I get to the point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
amanze15:
it expires next summer and i have plans to travel down to nigeria around the same period, and i am not sure if this statement "Students should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to travelling. Your DSO generally works in the International Student Office. You must have a current SEVIS Form I-20 endorsed for travel and your DSO needs to be able to verify that your SEVIS record is accurate and up-to-date" would be able to bring me back into the country if i finish my coursework around the same period if i either get a OPT or decides to pursue a PHD.....just curious though grin

Travelling very close to graduation, or on OPT especially if your OPT card is not with you yet is usually not recommended.
If you are graduating 2017 summer/fall and you plan to go to Nigeria the summer, I'd advice you go to a neighboring country say Canada before the end of the year and get your renewal done there at a US consulate/embassy.
The DSO thing is just a signature on your I-20 that you must get before leaving the country, and which you show alongside your I-20 at POE when coming back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:

Looks like I have finally meet som1 of my kind, I that I was d only one Dts going for a nursing program after b.sc , I was beginning to think it will be hard to gain admission, please message me via venecasty1@gmail.com or send yours I have questions to ask, I want to for spring2017 but am still having some difficulties understanding d whole admi process.tnx

4 years BS nursing program requires the same admission process like the others. Pick a program > send all your transcripts and tests > wait for decision. The problem is when applying to accelerated nursing program, which requires that you have some prereqs already taking in not long ago. This is easy to understand.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

lol.i pray oo grin
i dey go buy okpa eyin o....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Is it waec office that sends the result for evaluation? Or .........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
amanze15:

Do u really want to take the risk going to Nigeria and be stuck there . Almost every naija student i know go to canada and quickly they are in and out .... . Hardly anyone goes all the way to jaga jaga Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ThreadsAdeleke: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Yes u cant wait till u arrive because it might not be available or more expensive. ..... you can check booking.com or other sites and look for that exact hotel and then make a booking now. .. it will reserve it for you . Some sites have free cancellation. Check that also incase u need to cancel it .... u would need to put a card details but sometimes it just to hold d booking and incase u dont show they take it from d card. But if u show then u pay at the hotel desk .

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/econo-lodge-newark-international-airport.en-gb.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQKYAS64AQnIARHYAQPoAQGoAgM;sid=dd1e2f44955c32f3a0c85d5a06a14d19;dcid=12;checkin=2016-08-05;checkout=2016-08-06;room1=A,A;matching_block_id=28999301_88915562_0_0_0;m_occ=2

Hi,

been following you up here for a while and really appriciate your inputs, will like to have a private chat with you, if you dont mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
nellyalph:
Hi

Oga, leave all these their tori and propaganda, will dollar reduce say by next week
Definitely not. The Nigerian government is so good at telling stories that you wouldn't know when they are saying the truth. Thank God for the boys who made me happy last night.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
gunther6:

Calfavour and Ashbammy I nor fashy you. I could have sent a PM but I can't access my NL mail again, the IP change triggered it, anyways it would help to have your numbers... We dey expect una for here
Okay
Will do dt
Take care
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
dickoflife:
lols i am sorry ma.. been busy lately getting things together.... seen a few nairalanders but unfortunately i have changed phones.... i will get across to you soon or get your number from someone. Have a lovely day ma.
Lol what's with the gbogbo Ma undecided
Oh no problem
Have a blessed day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
biikeys:

Travelling very close to graduation, or on OPT especially if your OPT card is not with you yet is usually not recommended.
If you are graduating 2017 summer/fall and you plan to go to Nigeria the summer, I'd advice you go to a neighboring country say Canada before the end of the year and get your renewal done there at a US consulate/embassy.
The DSO thing is just a signature on your I-20 that you must get before leaving the country, and which you show alongside your I-20 at POE when coming back.
thanks man i appreciate "na who no know go know"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
sureb0y:
Reporting live from Cassablanca. My own don be, I have no phone. Lappy battery remain like 30 mins, and my charger plug no enter anywhere for here. Next flight is in 3 hours. Na to dey look remain. How y'all doing? Nothing exciting yet lol. I just dey look like cold water; expressionless. Fine fine Arab girls for here, nothing else is interesting to look at.

Flight to Cassablanca, The crew changed my seat. They moved me to the emergency exit side cos them think say because I be about 6ft 3" and I get relatively muscular arms, I go save people when kasala wan burst. If to say anything happen, na to open exit door take off first. All man for himself... kidding o (I for help the fine girls). I slept almost all through the duration. Their chops make sense. Life of plenty sugar don start be that.

I'll post a more interesting to read transcript when I don reach God's own country and I don settle down.

PS: Nigerian economy don make me realize say e be like say one of my great grand fathers na ijebu man. I just dey calculate things like weyrey since morning. Not sure I'm gonna be buying anything anytime soon unless I don overthink am and think about the value wey e go add to me and my great grand children. anything wey dem no go benefit from, I no dey buy. Make money no finish.

Gotta run now, keeping my battery in order to contact family and friends when I get to Newyork. God bless Ameri... sorry, Me.

Safe trip
Love your personality lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Do u really want to take the risk going to Nigeria and be stuck there . Almost every naija student i know go to canada and quickly they are in and out .... . Hardly anyone goes all the way to jaga jaga Nigeria
hahah i no sabi the part wey "j a g a ja g a" ba low key area my folks dey o grin grin grin. thanks for the information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Answer the new babies in the house please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Answer the new babies in the house please, evaluating high school transcript, should I visit waec office to send their copy for evaluation or I should send my copy for evaluation. Thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ngobaby23: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
gentledoj:

Very simple, I was accepted to study Nursing and i used my bsc Microbiology to study Nursing as second degree. My waec and bsc transcript was evaluated and sent to the school. Finished
in USA or canada
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
AshBammy:

Lol what's with the gbogbo Ma undecided
Oh no problem
Have a blessed day
haha. Am sirry. I just am on a low. Not a drop of alcohol in 2 weeks ..... too busy so i guess i aint hyper. How can i contact you apart from whatsap? Abi u dey 2go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:
Answer the new babies in the house please, evaluating high school transcript, should I visit waec office to send their copy for evaluation or I should send my copy for evaluation. Thnx
use wes.. google it.. its cheaper cus of this economic disaster except ur dangotes driver sha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Heloo maam, did you get my mail?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cosxzbay: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I came to Nigeria for holz and I renewed mine before coming back. It was quite easy,but please ensure you have your current transcript and signed I- 20. In my case, the visa expires mid June 2016 while my program runs tthrough 2018.
Again, you can renew across Canada or Mexico.you don't really have to pay high fare down here just to renew.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by signature2012(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
@femi321,I got your PM but can't access it now.You can mail me "signatureglobalservice at gmail . com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
fizzile:
GOODNEWS: CBN resumes dollar sales to BDCs today – The Nation
AUGUST 5, 2016 BY ABOKIFX
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

It stopped the sales last January because of what it called dollar scarcity and abuse of operating guidelines.

Speaking to The Nation yesterday, Aminu Gwadabe, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON) President, said nearly 3,000 BDCs are expected to access dollar from the CBN today.

He said the BDCs had on Wednesday, funded their accounts with the CBN in readiness for the transaction, adding that dollar disbursement will start today and continue next week.

“Our members funded their accounts with the CBN on Wednesday and will get the dollar equivalent today. The funds will be sold at the prevailing inter-bank rate,” he said.

Gwadabe said the funds would come at one per cent commission, which has been agreed with the regulator.

The CBN directed the BDCs to render returns and comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Gwadabe promised that the BDCs would abide by the directives and continually provide detailed reports on how previous dollars sourced from the CBN were utilised.
For more on this,read the complete version at http://abokifx.com/cbn-resumes-dollar-sales-bdcs-today-nation/
Indeed this should be good news to all of us.

Lets hope that good things will come out from this new policy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
seriki1563:
hello gurus in the house i am a silent user of nairaland and u guys have been very helpful to me. i have a question to ask.i am applying as an undergraduate student in ETSU and i was told to send my official trranscript.but i dont know which one it is. i was thinking if it is my waec they are talking about which i will be able to send to them when i get to WAEC office. your answers are very important to me and i will be very glad to hear from you. thanks.

Ask the school if its your Waec of High school transcript

Waec will cost you more than 20k to get it send to ETSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
nellyalph:
Hi

Oga, leave all these their tori and propaganda, will dollar reduce say by next week

Lets wait and see ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
dickoflife:
use wes.. google it.. its cheaper cus of this economic disaster except ur dangotes driver sha...
I'm gonna use those guys but firstly can I send waec to be evaluated as high school transcript? I graduated from high school 2008, getting a transcript from them might not b an easy process,........... Help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kevoki(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Scores can be sent to 4 schools for free if u include it at the time of Gre registration. That does not mean u have to apply to 4 schools. ....understand the difference now ??.

However its good practice to apply to more than one school incase SNHU does not give u admission so u not putting all ur eggs in one basket. Also in interview time u appear more credible if u have applied to more than one schools as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kevoki(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thank u so much for d insight @lagosismyhome..
Applying to 4 schls den means paying application fees to 4 schls. Wow!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:
Is it waec office that sends the result for evaluation? Or .........

Yes directly from Waec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:

WES will want official from waec office while Ece can make use of online print out and you will send result checker card to verify it online and it won't cost you of going to waec office to pay 20k plus

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.