Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676491 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:

I'm gonna use those guys but firstly can I send waec to be evaluated as high school transcript? I graduated from high school 2008, getting a transcript from them might not b an easy process,........... Help

I advice you not to use those tout because you won't spend more than 20 minutes to request for this provided you have your full details with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kevoki:
Thank u so much for d insight @lagosismyhome..
Applying to 4 schls den means paying application fees to 4 schls. Wow!

The initial waka and money matter is not easy. ......but if u do ur research well . Pick good or strategic schools, focus on grades and most importantly chase post f1 recruitment with all your might inviting God in the waka

....if u get it right then u will look back and smile and say it was worth it especially now when you look behind ur shoulder to see the mess Nigeria becoming without you in it. cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
masquellett:

Amen bro.

@zt, How are you? still expecting your mail (reply). Bless up.

Sorry. Please send here. Lasisi.Olanrewaju@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
zt:

Sorry. Please send here. Lasisi.Olanrewaju@gmail.com

OK brov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hardeorlah: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

The initial waka and money matter is not easy. ......but if u do ur research well . Pick good or strategic schools, focus on grades and most importantly chase post f1 recruitment with all your might inviting God in the waka

....if u get it right then u will look back and smile and say it was worth it especially now when you look behind ur shoulder to see the mess Nigeria becoming without you in it. cool cool

My mind skips anytime i remember post f1 and d statement in bold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by rimijoshua(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=amunkita03 post=47625640]

I av also applied to new mexico state university..wana study pure mathematics,I finished with a cgpa of 3.74\5.0..also discovered that gmat nd gre re not part of their requirement..pls wat re my chances?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello house,
Is it advisable to get my driver's license before I leave Nigeria?
Is there any advantage as driving laws vary from state to state?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by emma1996: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=rimijoshua post=48221938][/quote]
It advisable to write GRE cos it meant be used against u during the visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:

Looks like I have finally meet som1 of my kind, I that I was d only one Dts going for a nursing program after b.sc , I was beginning to think it will be hard to gain admission, please message me via venecasty1@gmail.com or send yours I have questions to ask, I want to for spring2017 but am still having some difficulties understanding d whole admi process.tnx

Have done that, check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:
Is it waec office that sends the result for evaluation? Or .........

Your university will send transcript for evaluation but your certificates I.e bsc certificate, waec certificate, original will be send tru DHL, FedEx etc for evaluation and confirmation. After everything, they will send it back together with your copy of evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
ngobaby23:
in USA or canada

USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
Walspring:

WES will want official from waec office while Ece can make use of online print out and you will send result checker card to verify it online and it won't cost you of going to waec office to pay 20k plus
Thanx, but it it true that ECE reduces GPA on evaluation as compared to WES where you tend to have a higher GPA, am gonna get my bsc evaluated as well. Just curious,
I read this on this thread part 4, 272
Has this happened to any1?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Abeg my friend (not the usual OT) got denied a visa at Abuja on Wed he is reapplying at Lagos and has paid the new 'astronomical' visa fee, does he have to fill another DS-160 again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
Venek:

Thanx, but it it true that ECE reduces GPA on evaluation as compared to WES where you tend to have a higher GPA, am gonna get my bsc evaluated as well. Just curious,
I read this on this thread part 4, 272
Has this happened to any1?

Brother flee from ECE like a mad prophet those guys will dice your GPA like kilode, IERF is better (I used them I'm not satisfied) but WES is the best if you are patient and have loads of time. GPA/ Standardized test is everything when it comes to funding here o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
gunther6:
Abeg my friend (not the usual OT) got denied a visa at Abuja on Wed he is reapplying at Lagos and has paid the new 'astronomical' visa fee, does he have to fill another DS-160 again?

Again. Yes. Each time one is visiting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ jide039 and Simon21,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by HOLUVICTORY(m): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
For gurus in the house. Please how's life in ND (North Dakota).....................
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kevoki(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Scores can be sent to 4 schools for free if u include it at the time of Gre registration. That does not mean u have to apply to 4 schools. ....understand the difference now ??.

However its good practice to apply to more than one school incase SNHU does not give u admission so u not putting all ur eggs in one basket. Also in interview time u appear more credible if u have applied to more than one schools as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kevoki(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kevoki(m): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ok..maybe i shd send u pm, as u seem to be a guru on dis subject matter. Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bobority: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2016
Imperiouxx, Zeezahbee... abeg una get mail tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 2:59am On Aug 06, 2016
fizzile:
GOODNEWS: CBN resumes dollar sales to BDCs today – The Nation
AUGUST 5, 2016 BY ABOKIFX
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

It stopped the sales last January because of what it called dollar scarcity and abuse of operating guidelines.

Speaking to The Nation yesterday, Aminu Gwadabe, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON) President, said nearly 3,000 BDCs are expected to access dollar from the CBN today.

He said the BDCs had on Wednesday, funded their accounts with the CBN in readiness for the transaction, adding that dollar disbursement will start today and continue next week.

“Our members funded their accounts with the CBN on Wednesday and will get the dollar equivalent today. The funds will be sold at the prevailing inter-bank rate,” he said.

Gwadabe said the funds would come at one per cent commission, which has been agreed with the regulator.

The CBN directed the BDCs to render returns and comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Gwadabe promised that the BDCs would abide by the directives and continually provide detailed reports on how previous dollars sourced from the CBN were utilised.
For more on this,read the complete version at http://abokifx.com/cbn-resumes-dollar-sales-bdcs-today-nation/
Indeed this should be good news to all of us.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 06, 2016
In newyork now. OMO!!!! I go give una gist for morning. All of una wey travel come post nonsense transcripts, God dey watch una. Please if you've not made any travel plans, shelf it until I don come give una first-hand information.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23am On Aug 06, 2016
sureb0y:
In newyork now. OMO!!!! I go give una gist for morning. All of una wey travel come post nonsense transcripts, God dey watch una. Please if you've not made any travel plans, shelf it until I don come give una first-hand information.

Shelf it....lol. which kind advice be that na....

Every POE OR CBP officer dey different so everyone experience will be different. Most will not be asked any questions while few can be taken for secondary inspection but as long as u are credible there nothing to fear .

Oya make i wait ur transcript but again i remind u . Everyone experience go dey different . In that same airport with 5 mins 3 people go get 3 different experiences.....anyway welcome to America, you have graduated from JJC Status grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 3:45am On Aug 06, 2016
I hail o!! Abeg i wan pay application fees o. And this exchange rate wan kill me o. Abeg how we go take do am. Please EPP me o!!! Support my American dream o. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:01am On Aug 06, 2016
fizzile:
GOODNEWS: CBN resumes dollar sales to BDCs today – The Nation
AUGUST 5, 2016 BY ABOKIFX
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will today resume dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs) seven months after it stopped the practice.

It stopped the sales last January because of what it called dollar scarcity and abuse of operating guidelines.

Speaking to The Nation yesterday, Aminu Gwadabe, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON) President, said nearly 3,000 BDCs are expected to access dollar from the CBN today.

He said the BDCs had on Wednesday, funded their accounts with the CBN in readiness for the transaction, adding that dollar disbursement will start today and continue next week.

“Our members funded their accounts with the CBN on Wednesday and will get the dollar equivalent today. The funds will be sold at the prevailing inter-bank rate,” he said.

Gwadabe said the funds would come at one per cent commission, which has been agreed with the regulator.

The CBN directed the BDCs to render returns and comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Gwadabe promised that the BDCs would abide by the directives and continually provide detailed reports on how previous dollars sourced from the CBN were utilised.
For more on this,read the complete version at http://abokifx.com/cbn-resumes-dollar-sales-bdcs-today-nation/
Indeed this should be good news to all of us.

This is not good news at all! First Nigeria is the only country that sells dollars to the black market, second the problem of the exchange rate is not lack of avenues to buy but simply lack of inflows of dollar, The CBN cannot solely supply liquidity to the market. South Africa sells an average of $30b/ WK on the interbank market , Nigeria with a larger economy is averaging $11m/wk . This is not good news at all if there is no burst of liquidity it will only drive speculation, round tripping and an even higher exchange rate. I wouldn't call it 'good news' just yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 5:40am On Aug 06, 2016
I was first denied a visa at the abuja embassy on 25th July and I reapplied the next day and got my visa on the 4th of August. Am so so happy. Pls does anyone know anything about south Dakota

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jotter: 5:41am On Aug 06, 2016
Make una come celebrate with me, I just got my visa approved after the 1st attempt failed. My appointment was for 11pm, 5th August 2016. I prayed and seekers the face of God.
Here was I started my trip to the embassy cos of comfort I boarded the blue a.c loaded bet bus from ikorodu to cms, walked down to tfc marina to have a cup of coffe and sandwich cos I still had a few extra hours to spare. fast forward below is the conversation between i and the consular

Me: good morning ma
Con: dead silence on her path
Con: can I have your passport and i20
Me : here it is
Con: staring at my i20
Con: why did u choose TOURO college
Me: I chose TOURO because they offer both theoretical knowledge and practical experience more so I took a full review of their curriculum and I realized that 60% of the content is based on the areas I need to improve myself professionally
Con : how did u know about TOURO
Me: I knew about TOURO when I did an online search and I realized that TOURO had a high rating based on the student review which was 4.5 of 5 according to collegefactual.com
Con: what did u study in your undergraduate
Me: building technology
Con: then why are you changing courses now
Me: graphic deaigning and photography has been my hobby right from my secondary school day, so pursuing a degree in multimedia design will help me improve on the basic skill which I have in using
(At this point she was noodling in agreement with me, I just knew it was going to be approved) adobe illustrator , Photoshop, after effect and other softwares.
Con: congratulations your visa has been approved, you can pick it up in 3working days
Me: thank you ma.
(All this was just in 30seconds)

Guy the key here is Prayer to God, preparation and not entertaining fear. Good luck to those expecting there, hoping to hear good news from u all soon.

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by foreverkind1(m): 6:14am On Aug 06, 2016
Please who knows about any university that accept 3rd class for PGD or PGC in any health related course ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 7:01am On Aug 06, 2016
sureb0y:

Lmao. Oga wat happened na. Is it Poe wahala??
Everyone gets different experience na lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.