Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677316 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:50am On Aug 07, 2016
Rheenah:

Lol Oga boss!!!! Hope its going well.. What is making d layover fun?? You dey chyke Morocco galz? undecided .... Thought ur phone will be dead by now abi ur charger dey work there?? Gods grace jare.
leave am i dey use side eye look am...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Femibrand: 5:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Henry248:
Good morning house, please I need your help I was interviewed recently in Abuja for F1 visa, but was denied because I couldn't convince the consular to grant me the visa. Just in case same question comes up in my subsequent interview, what likely answer can I give to impress the consular? My course is Electrical Engineering. Thank you

No cause for alarm.. Post your transcript and let people (gurus) analyse it for you. I was also initially denied in Abuja, and I studied Elect too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amalab30(m): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2016
foreverkind1:
Please who knows about any university that accept 3rd class for PGD or PGC in any health related course ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2016
foreverkind1:
Please who knows about any university that accept 3rd class for PGD or PGC in any health related course ?

Firstly America is straight to masters and not PGD.They are rare in the United States, it mostly in Europe u see PGD

Then next u need to get your transcript evaluated to us CGPA . That will give u a clear picture of where exactly u stand. What is ur CGPA In US . Check wes free online calculator to get an idea

Then also u need to supplement that low GPA with a high GRE. So take the test and study very hard for it ...its when u have GRE AND GPA then u can target schools which might accept you. .. .

it involves more work and research but if y want it u have to put in that effort to make up for the 3rd class

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by soulhighman(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2016
A very big thanks to all those behind the following monikers for your support during the times I made enquiries here
Lionlee216, slimmy2005, sirRiddy, essayHelp, jumybecks, gunther6.
You might not remember me again, but I was asking about getting a scholarship into USA and you all came with tips and advice.
I finay do not need to try USA for fall 2017 anymore as I have now won the commonwealth shared scholarship to study in the UK and I'm only awaiting the outcome of my UK visa application. Though I still have USA in mind for PhD in. 2018.
I want to say thanks for being helpful.
Soulhighman.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by parasi(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello house,
I have been a silent follower of this trend for 3 weeks now.I appreciate the wonderful work you guys are doing.you guys are just like one very big family.Please do keep it up.Actually i was preparing to post my visa approval testimony, but that was no longer the case because i was denied yesterday 3rd august 2016. This is exactly how the interview went.
vo: good morning sir
me: good morning sir
vo: can i have your passport,DS 160, i 20 please
me: i give
vo: what school do you apply to ?
me: prairie view A & M university Texas
vo: what course do you applied for?
me: masters in accounting
vo: what course do study at you first degree
me: Agric economics management and extension
vo: why are you changing now?
me:i have always been passionate about studying accounting and also since i graduated i have been working as an account officer for a company,so i have all the practical experience.
vo: do you have any person in US
me: no
vo ; am sorry you are not eligible you can reapply again and gave me a paper that state that am not eligible because of 214 b

please i will appreciate your help and correction so that i will identify where i went wrong and reapply. Because time is no longer on my side,for school will start on 12 august while class will start on 22 august.Also am thinking of refilling of new DS 160 so that i will include my ICAN result,although am yet to have ICAN certificate but i have the result of the second stage that i pass.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2016
parasi:

me:i have always been passionate about studying accounting and also since i graduated i have been working as an account officer for a company,so i have all the practical experience.
thanks

This thing has an element of luck. You can say all d right things and get denied and say rubbish and get it....... if there is no apparent reason then its best you quickly apply again and hope God go before u and gives u a Vo with favour..... what d start date on your i20 that what matters not when classes or school starts . If u have time u can go again but maybe work on the above and make that reason stronger. ....all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2016
soulhighman:
I have now won the commonwealth shared scholarship to study in the UK and I'm only awaiting the outcome of my UK visa application. Though I still have USA in mind for PhD in. 2018.
I want to say thanks for being helpful.
Soulhighman.

Congrats ....there nothing as priceless as not having to worry about money not even visa fees, air ticket or winter clothing grin . .... good news. So now u have no excuse ooo. Only book to face so hopefully in a year time u be inviting us for your graduation with distinction . That will really open d flog gate for funding both in d UK and US for phd if u finish with a distinction so u have the best of both to choose . All the best in your new journey .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by foreverkind1(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Firstly America is straight to masters and not PGD.They are rare in the United States, it mostly in Europe u see PGD

Then next u need to get your transcript evaluated to us CGPA . That will give u a clear picture of where exactly u stand. What is ur CGPA In US . Check wes free online calculator to get an idea

Then also u need to supplement that low GPA with a high GRE. So take the test and study very hard for it ...its when u have GRE AND GPA then u can target schools which might accept you. .. .

it involves more work and research but if y want it u have to put in that effort to make up for the 3rd class
Thank you sir ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by soulhighman(m): 9:55am On Aug 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Congrats ....there nothing as priceless as not having to worry about money not even visa fees, air ticket or winter clothing grin . .... good news. So now u have no excuse ooo. Only book to face so hopefully in a year time u be inviting us for your graduation with distinction . That will really open d flog gate for funding both in d UK and US for phd if u finish with a distinction so u have the best of both to choose . All the best in your new journey .
Thanks. That's my target too. So help me God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by valchuks2020: 9:57am On Aug 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Hello @LagosismyHome pls can u pm me for important issue pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ThreadsAdeleke: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:
What happened this early morning that we have waves of delete

hi

Madam, been a silent follower on this thread and follower of your professional inputs and will like to have a chat with you, need you to take me through stuffs.

thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by holysinner01: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello Guys,i intend to travel to the US with my aunt and her husband that was recently granted a US visa. They will be sponsoring my trip and am a student in nigeria and school is on vacation. What problem am i likely to face since its not my parent that is sponsoring me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Happy Sunday good people. Please any Nairalander in NewJersey? Please I need someone to help me for a day or two until I secure a room for myself as I go be JJC for that city. Been searching for rooms online but nothing yet. I will be glad.

PS: OluDare01. Gist us about that 17hrs layover oo. So peeps like us can prepare wella, were u lodged in a hotel? Or just airport chilling. Safe journ bro#

@ZT. Thanks brother.
@Lagosismyhome. Thanks mam.
@sureb0y. Check your mail.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Don't relent ,God will take control.
parasi:
Hello house,
I have been a silent follower of this trend for 3 weeks now.I appreciate the wonderful work you guys are doing.you guys are just like one very big family.Please do keep it up.Actually i was preparing to post my visa approval testimony, but that was no longer the case because i was denied yesterday 3rd august 2016. This is exactly how the interview went.
vo: good morning sir
me: good morning sir
vo: can i have your passport,DS 160, i 20 please
me: i give
vo: what school do you apply to ?
me: prairie view A & M university Texas
vo: what course do you applied for?
me: masters in accounting
vo: do you have any person in US
me: no
vo ; am sorry you are not eligible you can reapply again and gave me a paper that state that am not eligible because of 214 b

please i will appreciate your help and correction so that i will identify where i went wrong and reapply. Because time is no longer on my side,for school will start on 12 august while class will start on 22 august.Also am thinking of refilling of new DS 160 so that i will include my ICAN result,although am yet to have ICAN certificate but i have the result of the second stage that i pass.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
holysinner01:
Hello Guys,i intend to travel to the US with my aunt and her husband that was recently granted a US visa. They will be sponsoring my trip and am a student in nigeria and school is on vacation. What problem am i likely to face since its not my parent that is sponsoring me.
none. Just prove why they are sponsoring you and defend your reasons to be granted a visa. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
masquellett:
Happy Sunday good people. Please any Nairalander in NewJersey? Please I need someone to help me for a day or two until I secure a room for myself as I go be JJC for that city. Been searching for rooms online but nothing yet. I will be glad.

PS: OluDare01. Gist us about that 17hrs layover oo. So peeps like us can prepare wella, were u lodged in a hotel? Or just airport chilling. Safe journ bro#
how package na? Look for cheap hotels like motel 6 ir stuff otherwise be patient till you get someone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
holysinner01:
I think that's just visiting visa you need. I believe a strong tie with home country will do the magic for you. My opinion. Gurus can explain better tho! All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by holysinner01: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
dickoflife:
none. Just prove why they are sponsoring you and defend your reasons to be granted a visa. Goodluck
Thanks. U mean why my parents arent soonsoring me??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
dickoflife:
how package na? Look for cheap hotels like motel 6 ir stuff otherwise be patient till you get someone.

Thanks bro. I will check the hotel out now. I just dey jare. I dey try reason as the parole go be. Make man no go dey jonze for obodo Oyinbo grin grin. Shey u don see jedi and opa eyin buy? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
masquellett:

@ZT. Thanks brother.
@Lagosismyhome. Thanks mam.
@sureb0y. Check your mail.

Call the international office and see if u can be linked with an african student already in d school and they might be able to host u.....if not that hotel waka fit finish all your money because depending on school and city
It can take up to a month to get a place so even if the motel is cheap it does adds up.... ( well fall is quicker blc more students resuming and looking for flat mate ) .so best to call ur school international office or african student association or look on facebook if u can see a current naija student

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
holysinner01:

Thanks. U mean why my parents arent soonsoring me??
you dont need to explain why your parents arent sponsoring you. What if they dobt have the cash. Oga dont be ahead of yourself. Explain the reason your uncle is sponsoring you. Shikena. Abi u want to interview yourself.?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
masquellett:

Thanks bro. I will check the hotel out now. I just dey jare. I dey try reason as the parole go be. Make man no go dey jonze for obodo Oyinbo grin grin. Shey u don see jedi and opa eyin buy? grin grin
i no see but i use hennessy replace am...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by holysinner01: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
dickoflife:
you dont need to explain why your parents arent sponsoring you. What if they dobt have the cash. Oga dont be ahead of yourself. Explain the reason your uncle is sponsoring you. Shikena. Abi u want to interview yourself.?
Lol thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
dickoflife:
i no see but i use hennessy replace am...
grin grin,shey is it advisable to carry Jedi along,because me get Ogun Jedi wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Call the international office and see if u can be linked with an african student already in d school and they might be able to host u.....if not that hotel waka fit finish all your money because depending on school and city
It can take up to a month to get a place so even if the motel is cheap it does adds up.... ( well fall is quicker blc more students resuming and looking for flat mate ) .so best to call ur school international office or african student association or look on facebook if u can see a current naija student

I did mail the international office and here was the reply I got

"Hello, I am happy to hear your visa is approved.  Unfortunately, my office does not know of a roommate. However, please contact the Kean International Students Organization that we have on campus at https://www.facebook.com/keaninternational/.  They may know of a roommate.  A hotel may be another option although it can be costly.  You may also have to consider and live on campus. Make sure to complete the on-campus dorm application in case you cannot find an apartment at http://www.kean.edu/offices/rss/apply-housing.

Kind Regards,"

I have been working on the facebook international page but nothing is coming up, and also the oncampus dorm is a "no no" for me cos it will be more expensive. Still crowding craigslists tho! Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Henry248: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Happy Sunday great people! Please I need assistance to get my facts b4 another appointment for visa interview.
Here's the details of my last interview:
After I greeted d consular
Con: u were interviewed recently
Me: yes, I mentioned d date
Con: can u tell me abt urself
Me: I talked abt my age, occupation, & why I choose to study elect engr
Con: wat do u plan 2do after ur studies?
Me: I'll be coming home (Naija) to practice my professionally
Con: I want u 2 convince me why I hav 2giv u dis visa
Me: I told her dat I hav been admitted in the u.s and dat's in line wit my career prospect to bcom a professional engr, dat for me to progress she just hav to grant me d visa
Con: we hav ur details here and we can see all I've done after ur high sch,
Me: I tried showing her some of my qualification, as proof, but she declined dat she just want me to convince her why she has to issue me the F1 visa
Con: Denied me
Pls I need ur assistance to know if anything I mentioned durin d intv was wrong and how best can I make it up in subsequent applicn. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by someonehelp: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
Henry248:
Happy Sunday great people! Please I need assistance to get my facts b4 another appointment for visa interview.
Here's the details of my last interview:
After I greeted d consular
Con: u were interviewed recently
Me: yes, I mentioned d date
Con: can u tell me abt urself
Me: I talked abt my age, occupation, & why I choose to study elect engr
Con: wat do u plan 2do after ur studies?
Me: I'll be coming home (Naija) to practice my professionally
Con: I want u 2 convince me why I hav 2giv u dis visa
Me: I told her dat I hav been admitted in the u.s and dat's in line wit my career prospect to bcom a professional engr, dat for me to progress she just hav to grant me d visa
Con: we hav ur details here and we can see all I've done after ur high sch,
Me: I tried showing her some of my qualification, as proof, but she declined dat she just want me to convince her why she has to issue me the F1 visa
Con: Denied me
Pls I need ur assistance to know if anything I mentioned durin d intv was wrong and how best can I make it up in subsequent applicn. Thanks

Something I learnt from this forum, just tell why studying in the USA is better than that of Nigeria.. e.g"the educational standard of the USA is better than that of Nigeria and also studying in the USA or 'Ur school' would make me more competent and qualified in dealing 'in your field' in today's competitive economy. "

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by someonehelp: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Please anyone travelling through Royal Air Maroc to new york on the 23rd of august, and also having thoughts of how to survive the 17hrs stop over at Casablanca should pm. my thoughts are really making me mad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
masquellett:

I did mail the international office and here was the reply I got

"Hello, I am happy to hear your visa is approved.  Unfortunately, my office does not know of a roommate. However, please contact the Kean International Students Organization that we have on campus at https://www.facebook.com/keaninternational/.  They may know of a roommate.  A hotel may be another option although it can be costly.  You may also have to consider and live on campus. Make sure to complete the on-campus dorm application in case you cannot find an apartment at http://www.kean.edu/offices/rss/apply-housing.

Kind Regards,"

I have been working on the facebook international page but nothing is coming up, and also the oncampus dorm is a "no no" for me cos it will be more expensive. Still crowding craigslists tho! Thanks.

Like you've been advised, Hotels will put a dent in your finances, I stayed for just 2 nights when I arrived and that set me back $135. (Minus meals oh!) try apartments(dot)com or trulia(dot)com. I hurriedly used the 2 days to find an apartment and sign a lease, and those sites helped. You can filter the search criteria to show only apartments that match your budget

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Henry248:
she declined dat she just want me to convince her why she has to issue me the F1 visa

This was what went wrong. You did not have a powerful convincing short sentence for this. Which is a regular questions u need to have a good answer for .... that is not to say if you go back again u will be asked d same questions. Most likely not....so there are some key 10 to 15 questions that u need to be very well prepared for

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
someonehelp:
Please anyone travelling through Royal Air Maroc to new york on the 23rd of august, and also having thoughts of how to survive the 17hrs stop over at Casablanca should pm. my thoughts are really making me mad.

Layover is nothing! Take a book, carry your laptop. Log on to free wifi and chat with folks on here. Watch a few movies, get to the cafe get some food and meet people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.