Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (675857 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
fizzile:
Guys please lets help Pelaiye2703 out. Have communicated with him via mail but he needs more clarification and more help. He has an HND degree with the above listed GPA and wants to find out if he can be accepted for a Masters degree with the HND degree. Can he be able to find schools that will accept HND and also accept that GPA? Please lets guide him. He is one of us.
cc: lagosismyhome, oludare01, sureb0y, sirriddy, imperiouxx, zeezahbee and the gurus in the house.

He should send his transcript to WES for evaluation. I graduated from a polytechnic too but came out with 3.14 on a scale of 4.00. When we evaluated the transcript it increased to 3.32 on a scale of 4.00
If he is interested he can apply to Black Hills state university, South Dakota. That the school that gave me admission for masters with my HND. And I got my visa last week,so I will be resuming with them by 22nd of August. I wish him luck. He can contact me if he needs more information.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
Part 9 almost gone cry I am so happy and glad to have shared my testimony in this Part. I met a lot of good people with great minds here. May God continue to bless you all. To those still hoping to share their testimony here. It will come in Jesus name. Just stay positive, pray hard,work harder and believe. Trust me, you will be just fine. Blessings always# smiley

Greetings from Sango Ota, Nigeria. grin

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please imperiouxxx, can I book an uber cab to come pick me up from JFK? I was told Uber dont access JFk,.. how do I get a cheap taxi fare from the airport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
fizzile:
Guys please lets help Pelaiye2703 out. Have communicated with him via mail but he needs more clarification and more help. He has an HND degree with the above listed GPA and wants to find out if he can be accepted for a Masters degree with the HND degree. Can he be able to find schools that will accept HND and also accept that GPA? Please lets guide him. He is one of us.
cc: lagosismyhome, oludare01, sureb0y, sirriddy, imperiouxx, zeezahbee and the gurus in the house.

He should send his transcript to WES for evaluation. I graduated from a polytechnic too but came out with 3.14 on a scale of 4.00. When we evaluated the transcript it increased to 3.32 on a scale of 4.00
If he is interested he can apply to Black Hills state university, South Dakota. That the school that gave me admission for masters with my HND, when others refused to offer me admission,I got my visa last week,so I will be resuming with them by 22nd of August. I wish him luck. He can contact me if he needs more information.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Helkayklassic(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Treasureoflife:

If he is interested he can apply to Black Hills state university, South Dakota. That the school that gave me admission for masters with my HND, when others refused to offer me admission,I got my visa last week,so I will be resuming with them by 22nd of August. I wish him luck. He can contact me if he needs more information.

CC: Pelaiye2703

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelaiye2703(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Helkayklassic:

CC: Pelaiye2703

I'm on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jet lag never free your boy!!!

Hello guys in MTSU and ETSU. I got a friend who is interested in Engineering Technology (Occupation Safety). I guess folks are considered for GA....immediately there? Hope am rite.

Brossess....b4 fall start make una gimme info to help my friend.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:
Thats ok now ....Thanks everyone for your kind words
Please Lets give the glory to God alone ..

@Christian129 na wa for you oooo. which kind public service announcement be this ....lol

Alleluia

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Treasureoflife:

If he is interested he can apply to Black Hills state university, South Dakota. That the school that gave me admission for masters with my HND. And I got my visa last week,so I will be resuming with them by 22nd of August. I wish him luck. He can contact me if he needs more information.

For this evaluation, who did you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Please imperiouxxx, can I book an uber cab to come pick me up from JFK? I was told Uber dont access JFk,.. how do I get a cheap taxi fare from the airport

When you get out of the airport across the road you will see some taxis. They may not be so cheap but that what you get around there. I don't know that Uber don't have access to JFK. There are other apps you can use to know they fare range.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by promise044: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
Am on 1.70 and I want to go for g I s for masters. Pls if u know any school in d u s dat can offer admission, Pls infor me. Or on Hw to go about it. Lagosismyhome and others in d house am counting on u gurus ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Live from Morocco Casablanca, about 5 more hours for the next flight....

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
sirRiddy:
Fizzile he could ask the graduate program directors of the programs he is interested in. If he has the cash, he can evaluate his transcript. He has a lot of time to do this, so he should start looking for schools and email the official of each school. The next step would depend on the responses he gets.
Thanks boss..will get across to him. cc:Pelaiye2703

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Treasureoflife:

Pelaiye2703 hope u've seen those responses. All the best, man

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
promise044:
Am on 1.70 and I want to go for g I s for masters. Pls if u know any school in d u s dat can offer admission, Pls infor me. Or on Hw to go about it. Lagosismyhome and others in d house am counting on u gurus ooooo.

1.70 is extremely low if it's US standard because most schools say 3.0 so u can imagine how far off 1.7 is ....

Where did you get this gpa from. Nigeria or converted to us standard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
AsiwajuAfo001:
Live from Morocco Casablanca, about 5 more hours for the next flight....
Casablanca ain't bad.
Nice airport
Safe journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
OluDare01:

Casablanca ain't bad.
Nice airport
Safe journey
Many guys on the UK thread are asking about Royal Air Maroc, cos i suggested it to them. One surprisingly was like he has heard negative stories about RAM..lolzzz.. dey no know say guys don dey flex RAM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kenniez26: 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lagosismyhone thank u very much.God will continue blessing u cos givers shall never lack.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
promise044:

With 1.70 you must be kidding or you must be a joker..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Treasureoflife:

Bro how many schools did u apply too. Are u on schoolarship? Share your transcript let HND people learn.. Bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
fizzile:
Many guys on the UK thread are asking about Royal Air Maroc, cos i suggested it to them. One surprisingly was like he has heard negative stories about RAM..lolzzz.. dey no know say guys don dey flex RAM
loool grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by uncle43cee(m): 12:18am On Aug 12, 2016
uncle43cee:
Please anyone here going to Lowell MA.. or any NL leaving in Lowell Massachusetts.. plz let's talk I need ur help. Thanks
Please friends, Im still on the matter ooo.. anyone here in Lowell MA, please contact me o8o69o518o7 or PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:25am On Aug 12, 2016
smithsydny:
Bro how many schools did u apply too. Are u on schoolarship? Share your transcript let HND people learn.. Bless u

Some many times on this thread we have advised HND holders to go and evaluate heir transcript so that they can use it to apply to schools and the transcript will be on US 4.0 scale and that's exactly what she did.

After evaluation the transcript is now on US scale and schools won't know if it's HND result transcript at all unless the evaluating agency state it on the evaluated transcript, it will help by using it to apply to schools in US and Canada if possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Walspring:

Some many times on this thread we have advised HND holders to go and evaluate heir transcript so that they can use it to apply to schools and the transcript will be on US 4.0 scale and that's exactly what she did.

After evaluation the transcript is now on US scale and schools won't know if it's HND result transcript at all unless the evaluating agency state it on the evaluated transcript, it will help by using it to apply to schools in US and Canada if possible
better person u get mouth o..thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 12:47am On Aug 12, 2016
imperiouxx:

For this evaluation, who did you use?

I used WES, they sent me a copy then whenever I need to send to any school I pay them and they send a copy to the school of my choice .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 12:52am On Aug 12, 2016
smithsydny:

Pls ooo I am a lady. I didn't apply for scholarship, so I don't know if I would have gotten if I did. I was discouraged by so many people that US won't accept HND even the lady at Education USA in lagos. BUT GOD HAD HIS WAY.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Treasureoflife(f): 1:01am On Aug 12, 2016
Walspring:

They state it as HND but at the end of the evaluation they state that ND is equivalent to 2 yrs US undergraduate study then HND is equivalent to 4 yrs US undergraduate study then convert your grade to US standard. I think since it's converted to US standard,it helped my case. They made my transcript look better than the one i sent sha.D was converted to c+, something like that sha.

I hope I was helpful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 1:03am On Aug 12, 2016
Treasureoflife:

Pls ooo I am a lady. I didn't apply for scholarship, so I don't know if I would have gotten if I did. I was discouraged by so many people that US won't accept HND even the lady at Education USA in lagos. BUT GOD HAD HIS WAY.
That woman eeehhh. Inshort make I no talk. The way she behaves atimes is so annoying. Was there once though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:52am On Aug 12, 2016
Treasureoflife:

I used WES, they sent me a copy then whenever I need to send to any school I pay them and they send a copy to the school of my choice .

Do you mean your undergraduate school uses 4 point scale? If so, that may explain the shooting increment you got.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by drifta: 3:20am On Aug 12, 2016
Hi house, I hail una chairmen and chairwomen... my mum and I want to go for my brother's graduation in the US and we plan to stay for two weeks. What address should we use for our visa application as where we would stay? Hotel OR my brother's apartment OR the university's address?
We cant even book hotel yet since we have not gone for interview. Please I'm counting on your advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 3:48am On Aug 12, 2016
7rewards:

I am interested if you are real and the process is clean and clear...no back story!!!
Back story lols. Y do I feel I should be d scared one, never mind the deal has been made.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 5:42am On Aug 12, 2016
dicapino:
Jet lag never free your boy!!!

Hello guys in MTSU and ETSU. I got a friend who is interested in Engineering Technology (Occupation Safety). I guess folks are considered for GA....immediately there? Hope am rite.

Brossess....b4 fall start make una gimme info to help my friend.

MTSU sure considers applicants for GAs. Let him contact the grad school for availability of GAs, with that he can be sure.

cc Kenkool (Engineering)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.