Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676490 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Currently in Casablanca.. Didn't take Qatar again @lagosismyhome and @oludare. Long story
Anyway their food here is trash. I just wanto cry. Rice wey be like indomie. No salt. Salt dey inside satxhet cry ... Small puff puff hard bread, ice cream wey be like draw soup.. Shredded carrot, patato Wt no salt nd coke. Na just d coke nd bread I manage chop. People just dey complain... Mostly africans shaa.. A from diff countries. I can't wait to reach ky... I miss home already cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
About to leave MMIA2 for Istanbul via Turkish Air! Travel transcripts will follow up!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:
Currently in Casablanca.. Didn't take Qatar again @lagosismyhome and @oludare. Long story
Anyway their food here is trash. I just wanto cry. Rice wey be like indomie. No salt. Salt dey inside satxhet cry ... Small puff puff hard bread, ice cream wey be like draw soup.. Shredded carrot, patato Wt no salt nd coke. Na just d coke nd bread I manage chop. People just dey complain... Mostly africans shaa.. A from diff countries. I can't wait to reach ky... I miss home already cry cry cry

Save journey...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mekurexx:
About to leave MMIA2 for Istanbul via Turkish Air! Travel transcripts will follow up!

Journey mercies.........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:

Safe journey my dear....this food will soon be a thing of the past by tomorrow although school oyibo food is equally as tasteless but u get use to it with time... journey mercies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mekurexx:

Safe travels. ..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by greatghana: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
please help a friend with this questions.

his wife just got admissions with a university in the usa, he has already has a masters in unilag but the school advised her to go for another masters due to her low grade instead of phd she intended to do.
could this affect are chance?
my friend is currently not working while she works as a part time lecturer here in Ghana
could husband not working affect her chance?
they already have a baby boy less than one year old can she file for the whole family or she file alone?
the account she want to use domicile in Nigeria, bears her late farther name with about 40m which she and her mum is a signatory to the account the account belong to his late dad, they hardly send money or collect money from the account does money not flowing in the account affect her chance?
lastly since the letter and statement of account will be coming from Nigeria how would the usa immigration verify the document? she has a working permit here

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:

Someone board Qatar on Wednesday afternoon but he didn't complain, Anyway one man's meat is another man's poison

Let's be sincerely must you eat everything they serve inside the plane? Just try and eat what you can eat and not what will make you feel uncomfortable in the air

Abeg watch what you eat so that you won't be going to the rest room before the plane will land because that kind experience no too good..

Safe trip and nothing bad if you fast inside the plan gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Walspring:

Someone board Qatar on Wednesday afternoon but he didn't complain, Anyway one man's meat is another man's poison

Let's be sincerely must you eat everything they serve inside the plane?

Abeg watch what you eat so that you won't be going to the rest room before the plane will land because that kind experience no too good..

Safe trip and nothing bad if you fast inside the plan gringringrin

No dear read my post well..... I didn't board Qatar again. I used maroc... Nd I no chop for plane. Rubbish too... Na Casablanca all these food I dey call be.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:

Lmaoooo
I no chop thst rice o
I dey tell you.
I nearly cried.
But dinner was great
I m working on my travel transcript

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
OluDare01:

Lmaoooo
I no chop thst rice o
I dey tell you.
I nearly cried.
But dinner was great
Kaii Nigerians eeehhh....so the dinner was great but u don complain tire like say una send naija chef keep for flight or for casablanca
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:

No dear read my post well..... I didn't board Qatar again. I used maroc... Nd I no chop for plane. Rubbish too... Na Casablanca all these food I dey call be.

Oh sorry I thought you are referring to Qatar.

Don't mind me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
OluDare01:

Lmaoooo
I no chop thst rice o
I dey tell you.
I nearly cried.
But dinner was great

Lol.. grin

Crying because of food You be big boss nah you no suppose cry joor gringringrin

No be small thing.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
fizzile:
Kaii Nigerians eeehhh....so the dinner was great but u don complain tire like say una send naija chef keep for flight or for casablanca

You know say we no dey carry last for our country when we see this kind of stuffs

Even for Owambe we go complain but yet praise them... You sabi as Owambe be nah ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mekurexx:

Safe trip brother!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Walspring:

You know say we no dey carry last for our country when we see this kind of stuffs

Even for Owambe we go complain but yet praise them... You sabi as Owambe be nah ?
No mind them. Like say dem no chop before dem comot for their house...lolololzzzzzz.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Can't believe this thread is going to an end. Wow
So happy to have shared my testimony here and to have met new friends.
God bless everyone.
I wish everyone the best.
Never give up!
Be dogged!
Be determined.
Jesus love you smiley , never doubt that.
Safe trip to all those leaving soon.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
fizzile:
No mind them. Like say dem no chop before dem comot for their house...lolololzzzzzz.....

Nah you talk am oo.. Lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
I was here ooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
hmmm make i market my school small wink

ehen dos guz with low gpa. hwfa na,,. fret not,,,i don ready for una today grin

you can apply to my school valparaiso university(no1 school in midwest...check USnews wink)

my school accept low gpa students from 2.0(i dont know about from 1 point gpa). they will offer you a conditional admission which ,means you have to reach a gpa of 3.0 and above to be able to register for the next semester. To get that gpa and above is very easy but you have to work hard though. personally i believe your naija gpa is not a total reflection of your academic ability. fortunately, this school also believes it too and that is why they offer conditional admission.....even the conditional admission is same for all graduate schools in the US...

i 4 one had 2.7/5..(stupid uniben undecided.)....but now my gpa has not gotten below 3.7/4 since last fall.....inshort this summer i took 13credit overload..and got all A's..gpa now 3.8/4...(some A- reduced it if not na 4.0/4 i for nack grin)......im not bragging,,,,,im just trying to say if i can get this gpa you can get it too...im an average student..forget about your old stupid naija gpa.... sad

Many people will think...oh this school no get levels at all for them to be taking low gpa students. hmmmm lemme tel you something.
first, employers dont look at your school. they look at your abilities.what you can do...my school have alumni in google and microsoft(you can check through linkdln wink) .. its not about the school..its about what you learn from the school..you might go to the wackiest school in the us but just equip yourself with skills ..thats it. the sky is your limit....maybe some employers do consider ivy league schools..dont know.....the trick ere is ...'' go to the cheapest school,,acquire skills and get highest paying job as other students from other expensive universities tongue...

second, wat i observe is that all schools in this US are looking for money undecided.( na hustle na all of them de hustle for ere cheesy..) the more the students the more money they make especially private schools like mine(all schools de street de hustle for ere jare) undecided...sometimes they send reps to other countries to advertise their schoools... do they have the educational value? yes..they all have world class equipments and all that and so wil want more students to make more money... its a competition up ere... we have countless schools in the us and they all provide almost same educational value......and if not for indians......there will be no graduate schools ere because americans rarely go to graduate school.....indians always make up 99% of students in graduate schools.

third, dos guz wanting to come study environmental science or something..hmmm my brodas and sis..pls if you plan to stay in the us..as u land just change your course to IT or nursing o.....these are the fields that have countless job opportunities..as i speak..one or more company are currently looking for an IT person to employ....you can go to indeed or other job board and see for youselves....even if you dont hae background in IT.. you can excel. i know many indians and some nigerians who had economics degree but changed to IT on reaching ere. presently they are doing gud in my school.

Lastly, about my school...if you thinking of getting a scholarship with my school..i take god beg u...abeg put your gear for reverse tongue...no funding no nothing..they have GAs though...but campus job is assured...lots of overflow campus jobs...to make like $550/month...in summer u can make $1800......the fees is very cheap though...msc IT is $22000 for the whole msc...

this school does not disturb for school fees. they are very lenient with students....especially nigerianss...(chai we don beg dem tire..dem don c shege for our hand grin.....no be our fault jare...na dollar cause am..)

i feel lucky to be ere and would like all other people that are discouraged with low gpa to apply...they dont require gre or toefl...but you have to do one or both for embassy sake.(if dem knack u akpako for embassy ..no ask me o undecided).......
there are so many good things this school offer....i cant mention all. but they try their best to look for resources to place student for job after graduation.

i don tire to write abeg...(i was planning to write 3 lines..now c sad).....

thanks anyways...1 luv smiley

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks to the initiator of this thread Part 9. I am part of the success story... To those looking up to God for success, my prayer is that it will come. Be steadfast, firm and resolute. Put all hope in God and you will never be confounded.
See you all the top!
Part 10...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Walspring:

Lol.. grin

Crying because of food You be big boss nah you no suppose cry joor gringringrin

No be small thing.. gringringrin
You no go understand.
As I put the thing for my mouth,my system rejected it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
OluDare01:

You no go understand.
As I put the thing for my mouth,my system rejected it
lololzzzz...my man don dey reason that chow him been dey flex for lasgidi..lololzzzz. him don reason the kpomo him dey miss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mrchemist(m): 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
warriboy21:
hmmm make i market my school small wink

ehen dos guz with low gpa. hwfa na,,. fret not,,,i don ready for una today grin

you can apply to my school valparaiso university(no1 school in midwest...check USnews wink)

my school accept low gpa students from 2.0(i dont know about from 1 point gpa). they will offer you a conditional admission which ,means you have to reach a gpa of 3.0 and above to be able to register for the next semester. To get that gpa and above is very easy but you have to work hard though. personally i believe your naija gpa is not a total reflection of your academic ability. fortunately, this school also believes it too and that is why they offer conditional admission.....even the conditional admission is same for all graduate schools in the US...

i 4 one had 2.7/5..(stupid uniben undecided.)....but now my gpa has not gotten below 3.7/4 since last fall.....inshort this summer i took 13credit overload..and got all A's..gpa now 3.8/4...(some A- reduced it if not na 4.0/4 i for nack grin)......im not bragging,,,,,im just trying to say if i can get this gpa you can get it too...im an average student..forget about your old stupid naija gpa.... sad

Many people will think...oh this school no get levels at all for them to be taking low gpa students. hmmmm lemme tel you something.
first, employers dont look at your school. they look at your abilities.what you can do...my school have alumni in google and microsoft(you can check through linkdln wink) .. its not about the school..its about what you learn from the school..you might go to the wackiest school in the us but just equip yourself with skills ..thats it. the sky is your limit....maybe some employers do consider ivy league schools..dont know.....the trick ere is ...'' go to the cheapest school,,acquire skills and get highest paying job as other students from other expensive universities tongue...

second, wat i observe is that all schools in this US are looking for money undecided.( na hustle na all of them de hustle for ere cheesy..) the more the students the more money they make especially private schools like mine(all schools de street de hustle for ere jare) undecided...sometimes they send reps to other countries to advertise their schoools... do they have the educational value? yes..they all have world class equipments and all that and so wil want more students to make more money... its a competition up ere... we have countless schools in the us and they all provide almost same educational value......and if not for indians......there will be no graduate schools ere because americans rarely go to graduate school.....indians always make up 99% of students in graduate schools.

third, dos guz wanting to come study environmental science or something..hmmm my brodas and sis..pls if you plan to stay in the us..as u land just change your course to IT or nursing o.....these are the fields that have countless job opportunities..as i speak..one or more company are currently looking for an IT person to employ....you can go to indeed or other job board and see for youselves....even if you dont hae background in IT.. you can excel. i know many indians and some nigerians who had economics degree but changed to IT on reaching ere. presently they are doing gud in my school.

Lastly, about my school...if you thinking of getting a scholarship with my school..i take god beg u...abeg put your gear for reverse tongue...no funding no nothing..they have GAs though...but campus job is assured...lots of overflow campus jobs...to make like $550/month...in summer u can make $1800......the fees is very cheap though...msc IT is $22000 for the whole msc...

this school does not disturb for school fees. they are very lenient with students....especially nigerianss...(chai we don beg dem tire..dem don c shege for our hand grin.....no be our fault jare...na dollar cause am..)

i feel lucky to be ere and would like all other people that are discouraged with low gpa to apply...they dont require gre or toefl...but you have to do one or both for embassy sake.(if dem knack u akpako for embassy ..no ask me o undecided).......
there are so many good things this school offer....i cant mention all. but they try their best to look for resources to place student for job after graduation.

i don tire to write abeg...(i was planning to write 3 lines..now c sad).....

thanks anyways...1 luv smiley

Thanks
I want to Apply for next intake
Pls do They pay for tuition deposit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
fizzile:
lololzzzz...my man don dey reason that chow him been dey flex for lasgidi..lololzzzz. him don reason the kpomo him dey miss
Loool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chinewon88(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mekurexx:
Journey mercies, bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bigfrancis21: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thompsonneyo:

Thank you, I was able to read through some of bigfrancis21 old posts,he said 2.50 to 2.60/5.0 would fall BTW 2.60 to 2.80/4.0.....Mehn dats way below 3.0 which is least required,pls what would you advise me to do now.??

From my experience converting GPAs to the US 4 point scale, your 2.5/5.0 CGPA would fall somewhere between 2.60 and 2.80 over 4 points. I recently helped some people convert theirs. One had 2.89/5.0 (higher than yours) and it came out to be 2.93/4.0 (not up to 3.0/4.0). Right now he's applying to schools with CGPA requirement of at least 2.75/4.0. Another had 2.2/5.0 and after conversion it came out to be 2.54/4.0. For some weird reason, both Nigerian and US GPA scales seem to converge at exactly 3.0/5.0 = 3.0/4.0. That is, a 3.0/5.0 CGPA on our scale after conversion would turn out to be 3.0/4.0 on the US scale. Two transcripts i've converted turned out this way.

The good news for you is that some schools accept 2.70 or 2.75/4.0 as minimum GPA requirement and your US 4-point equivalent GPA would definitely meet that requirement. Thus, you still stand a chance of admission here. Some of such schools are University of North Dakota, Monmouth University, University of California Long Beach etc. However, you would need to back up your application with strong exam scores on the GRE/GMAT and/or TOEFL.

imperiouxx:

I'm sure your 2.5/5 cgpa will certainly be below 3.0, no miracle you can do to that except if wes comes up with a new way of evaluation. That being said, look for schools that accept at least 2.7. They are not much but they exist.

Imperiouxx, thank's for handling the matter. I'm just having some free time now after a long day.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
OluDare01:

Lmaoooo
I no chop thst rice o
I dey tell you.
I nearly cried.
But dinner was great

Dinner they gave us the same thing ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
fizzile:

Oga I no chop ooo... My flight na 6:30am... By 3am checkin don begin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mrchemist(m): 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
I m graduate of 2-52/5 how can i Calculate this and Please which school can i get admission for next intake.. I want to confirm if School demand for deposit of tuition
bigfrancis21:

From my experience converting GPAs to the US 4 point scale, your 2.5/5.0 CGPA would fall somewhere between 2.60 and 2.80 over 4 points. I recently helped some people convert theirs. One had 2.89/5.0 (higher than yours) and it came out to be 2.93/4.0 (not up to 3.0/4.0). Right now he's applying to schools with CGPA requirement of at least 2.75/4.0. Another had 2.2/5.0 and after conversion it came out to be 2.54/4.0. For some weird reason, both Nigerian and US GPA scales seem to converge at exactly 3.0/5.0 = 3.0/4.0. That is, a 3.0/5.0 CGPA on our scale after conversion would turn out to be 3.0/4.0 on the US scale. Two transcripts i've converted turned out this way.

The good news for you is that some schools accept 2.70 or 2.75/4.0 as minimum GPA requirement and your US 4-point equivalent GPA would definitely meet that requirement. Thus, you still stand a chance of admission here. Some of such schools are University of North Dakota, Monmouth University, University of California Long Beach etc. However, you would need to back up your application with strong exam scores on the GRE/GMAT and/or TOEFL.

Imperiouxx, thank's for handling the matter. I'm just having some free time now after a long day.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rheenah:

Dinner they gave us the same thing ooo
Lol
Pele
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
fizzile:

Hahahaha....everybody get where they pain them . Some na food others are just glad to have escaped naija. Some na make them plane land safely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.