Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari (21534 Views)

Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency / Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) / Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by evy1(m): 1:25am On May 14, 2016
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, says he will on May 29 speak on the recovered stolen funds from persons that had been indicted in the fight against corruption.

The report is expected to be part of his speech on that day recognised as Nigeria’s Democracy Day.

In an interview with Channels Television in the UK, where he took part in the London Anti-Corruption Summit, President Buhari said: “So far, what has come out, what has been recovered, in whatever currency, from which ministry, department and individuals, I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all that Nigerians are getting to know are from the newspapers, radio and television.

“We want to make a comprehensive report by May 29”.

On whether the names of the corrupt government officials or those indicted would be published, he said it would eventually be done.

“We want to successfully prosecute them. But you know you can’t go to the court unless you have the documents to do your prosecutions – where some of these people sign for these monies, send it to their personal bank accounts.

“Their banks gave a statement that the money is there when it came how much of it available and so on”.

Never Heard The Word ‘Padding’

On the 2016 budget and the delay that had characterised its processing, he pointed out that if he had not uncovered the padding of the budget, corruption would have crept into the budget, blaming it on technocrats.

“I never heard the word ‘padding’ until this year. I never heard about it. And what does it mean?

“It means that the technocrats just allow the government to make its noise, go and make presentation to the National Assembly so they will remove it and put their own. So, when we uncovered this, we just have to go back to the basics again,” he told Channels Television’s correspondent, Chukwuma Onuekwusi.

President Buhari also made comments on security issues, fight against Boko Haram, increasing herdsmen attacks on communities, militancy in the Niger delta and what will happen to those bowing up gas pipelines in the oil-rich region.

He stressed that he had asked the Chief of Naval staff and other Service Chiefs to work together and make sure that those blowing up installations and subverting the investment in Nigeria would be dealt with eventually.

“When I was in the Petroleum Trust Fund, we made a comprehensive study of cattle routes and grazing areas through Nigeria. I am referring the Governors’ Forum and the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development to it. Let them see what they can do and save the situation.

“There seem to be some credibility to the fact that there are other than Nigerian cattle rearers involved,” he said, linking the development to the crisis in Libya.

“Now this is because of what happened in Libya. When Gaddafi during his 43-year regime, he trained some people from the Sahel… Militarily, he trained them.

“When his regime was overthrown, those people were again dispatched to their countries. They are gone, carrying their weapons and they found themselves even in Boko Haram,” he explained.

President Buhari further said that the increasing herdsmen attacks on communities in Nigeria had become a governmental project, with the government ready to “trace them, disarm them and if necessary try them and discipline them”.

President Buhari had during the London Anti-Corruption Summit requested for the repatriation of funds that had been stolen and taken to the UK by past government officials.
http://www.channelstv.com/2016/05/13/will-speak-recovered-loot-may-29-buhari/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lp1kV7cuA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Nobody: 2:03am On May 14, 2016
If u like don't speak... wetin concern us with ur bigoted witch hunt. Politicians All over the world are narcissists! Arrest Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi these guys stole states money to sponsor u then we'll take u serious... politics na big business(PNBB). Ndi ara

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by tomakint: 2:07am On May 14, 2016
Speak and we shall teach you how to make Nigeria great again.........make your policies, people friendly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by rawtouch: 2:09am On May 14, 2016
we are all waiting patiently
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by tit(f): 2:24am On May 14, 2016
after all the insult he got in london

27 Likes

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Nobody: 2:53am On May 14, 2016
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 4:05am On May 14, 2016
We are waiting..
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 4:28am On May 14, 2016
I won't even bother listening to you sir. Herdsman in Chief.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by STARGREEN(m): 4:30am On May 14, 2016
As usual we aren't expecting much than BLAME!.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Standing5(m): 4:43am On May 14, 2016
If he gives monthly update they say it is progaganda, yet they are complaining of a yearly update. May be the wailers want him to update us on May 29, 2019.
That's a president not an IB parading as one and supervising corruption.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by philGeo(m): 9:06am On May 14, 2016
Please remember to add your friend Sani Abacha name on the list, former river state Governor name will be important also, i will sent more Names to you before the date or you are FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by NavierStokes(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2016
President Buhari further said that the increasing herdsmen attacks on communities in Nigeria had become a governmental project, with the government ready to “trace them, disarm them and if necessary try them and discipline them”

If necessary, that means it's not really necessary to try and prosecute them.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Jirate(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2016
Please Don’t Forget to add my Name, “My Loot” has not been recovered just like Amaechi, Tinubu etc. cool cool cool

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by ALAYORMII: 9:55am On May 14, 2016
We are waiting anxiously
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Dollyak(f): 9:55am On May 14, 2016
This is all well and good, but i'll rather the main focus is on the economy, social welfare improvement, security etc. Recovery if stolen assets should only be a side project.
I must add, more needs to be done to empower all tribes in Nigeria. This mini conflicts and vandalism is due to social breakdown by the government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by chimah3(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2016
Confused undecided
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by ibez007(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2016
May 29?!

No froblem!...

**thinking of names **

1 Like

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Agimor(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2016
Earnestly waiting for that day.
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by LesbianBoy(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2016
Dear buhari, God punish you and your supporters angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by NifemiOlu(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2016
Nairaland and Punch newspaper headlines...Hazard and Liverpool...bread and butter.
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by buoye1(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2016
We'll be waiting
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Beehshorp(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2016
This old man will not address important issues... All he is after is recovered loots so he'd reloot dem.. Nonsense!!! Abeg next

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Pavore9: 9:58am On May 14, 2016
Waiting for it like WAEC results.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Nobody: 9:58am On May 14, 2016
Story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Nobody: 9:59am On May 14, 2016
Baba, abeg no vex me! Recovered loot? How that one take concern me?!

Instead of you to fix this mess, you're chasing shadows!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by RedCapChief(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2016
Another opportunity for Buhari to bamboozle the people.
He won't tell us why the economy has been falling into pieces.
He won't tell us about the 740,000 immediate jobs he promised but failed to deliver
He won't tell why electricity tariff is up but yet there is no light.

He will tell us about recovered loot.

He will throw some big words around - "billions recovered - Mr. X arrested - Lady Y charged to court"
Another distraction to keep us occupied for the rest of the year.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2016
Another smoke screen for the pms price increase + the about to devaluation of Naira. Rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by jamex93(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2016
Sai BABA!!!

Haters can kiss my ass for all I care

cool

Baba carry dey go jor

*sippingmyzobo*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2016
abeq he better do
am losing faith on this man already sad
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by Apelex(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2016
K
Re: I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari by omenka(m): 10:01am On May 14, 2016
ugolance:
[s]If u like don't speak... wetin concern us with ur bigoted witch hunt. Politicians All over the world are narcissists! Arrest Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi these guys stole states money to sponsor u then we'll take u serious... politics na big business(PNBB). Ndi ara[/s]
Very nonsense talk.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sule Lamido: How Akpabio Was Threatened To Join APC / Gbajabiamila Appoints Anayo Nnebe, APGA Member As Aide, APC Fumes / We Intend To Install CCTV On Highways - Buhari Tells South-West Royal Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.