Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches (14853 Views)

₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / See Important Of Using Email As Internet Marketer Or Blogger / How To Submit Your Site/blog To Facebook Free-basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 2:12am On May 14, 2016
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg commended Jobberman founders Olalekan Elude, Ayodeji Adewunmi and Opeyemi Awoyemi in his statement ushering the launch of Internet.org in Nigeria.

Internet.org is a partnership between social networking services company Facebook and six companies (Samsung, Ericsson, MediaTek, Opera Software, Nokia and Qualcomm) that plans to bring affordable access to selected Internet services to less developed countries by increasing efficiency, and facilitating the development of new business models around the provision of Internet access.

The app delivering these services is named Free Basics.

Free Basics and Internet.org has been controversial in several countries such as India, however, many still argue that the benefits outweigh the net neutrality issues.

Full remark:

Today we’re partnering with Airtel Africa to launch Internet.org Free Basics in Nigeria.
There’s a lot of innovation across Africa right now, and Nigeria in particular is home to a lot of talented developers.
In 2009, Olalekan Elude, Ayodeji Adewunmi and Opeyemi Awoyemi started a site called Jobberman in their dorm to help connect people looking for work with companies looking to hire. Now Jobberman is one of the top 100 websites in Nigeria, and it gets 5,000 applications every day.
Free Basics offers Nigerians, including 90 million people who are currently offline, the opportunity to access news, health information and services like Jobberman that were built by Nigerians and other developers across West Africa — all without having to pay for data.
Free Basics is now live in more than 40 countries, and half of those are in Africa. Over the next few months, we’ll be doing even more to connect developers with people who can use their apps — and partner with local companies to bring internet to people across Africa who don’t have access to mobile networks.
In the meantime, I’m excited to see what Nigerians build next!
\

Source

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 2:14am On May 14, 2016
You work hard, you get recognized by one of the world's tech giant. Then you can play hard.
Now this is what I call business.
SW Nigeria is home to Nigeria's technological hub.

mynd44
lalasticala

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 2:50am On May 14, 2016
Nice
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Barbarthundey(m): 4:10am On May 14, 2016
Zuckerberg!!! How far nau... Wetin dey xup grin

Can you just dash me $1000 for no reason? I need it urgently

16 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by chriskosherbal(m): 4:11am On May 14, 2016
Congratulations to the Nigerian trio

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Tolexander: 5:22am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:
You work hard, you get recognized by one of the world's tech giant. Then you can play hard.
Now this is what I call business.
SW Nigeria is home to Nigeria's technological hub.

mynd44
lalasticala
jobberman crew is one of the few Nigerians the Nigerian problem don help.

How 'very' possible is it for an American to think about connecting people looking for job and company looking for who to ask employ?
The site may not even get enough traffic since the level of unemployment is relatively very low.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 6:23am On May 14, 2016
Lemme drop my comment.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by gidimasters(m): 6:24am On May 14, 2016
kkk
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by yomalex(m): 6:29am On May 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 6:31am On May 14, 2016
This article was on FP some days ago, here we go again !
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by toprealman: 6:35am On May 14, 2016
Tolexander:

How 'very' possible is it for an American to think about connecting people looking for job and company looking for who to ask employ?
The site may not even get enough traffic since the level of unemployment is relatively very low.
The funny thing is that you have tons of EFFECTIVE recruitment websites in developed countries. It is impossible for you not to get at least a call a day asking for your availability when you upload you resume in these websites.....if you've got the right qualifications and experience though.
From what I've gathered so far, Jobberman will need to step up their game big style for them to be taken seriously by quality candidates. But you think am, who Jobberman don EPP?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 6:39am On May 14, 2016
Zuckerberg eying Nigerian opportunity since the days of Adam and Eve.

Nigerian partners should firm up the business contract to avoid being scammed.
shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 6:40am On May 14, 2016

:O cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 6:40am On May 14, 2016

shocked cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by gaetano: 6:41am On May 14, 2016
Mtcheeew jobberman wey dey connect person to GNLD jobs. Nonsense undecided

8 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by elfico(m): 6:42am On May 14, 2016
No one will be bothered about net neutrality cos dis is Nigeria.

Nairaland is actually on freebasics. I checked it out, but I cant login to my nairaland account.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 6:52am On May 14, 2016
Tolexander:

Actually, in this economy, where job no dey, people go use am wella to search for jobs.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by lonelydora: 6:54am On May 14, 2016
Repping naija big time.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by vicchi12(f): 6:58am On May 14, 2016
Tolexander:

embarassed ahem!!! Ever heard of indeed and monster? Your Nigerian brothers often go and try to scam people there as well. Also, Mr. Please, millions of people are unemployed in the United States of America.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by ichommy(m): 7:01am On May 14, 2016
Sweet old news
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Tolexander: 7:02am On May 14, 2016
vicchi12:

embarassed ahem!!! Ever heard of indeed and monster? Your Nigerian brothers often go and try to scam people there as well. Also, Mr. Please, millions of people are unemployed in the United States of America.
I never said there is no unemployment in US.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 7:04am On May 14, 2016
vicchi12:

lmao grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 7:05am On May 14, 2016
Who on NL has Jobberman helped to get employed?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Speakdatruth: 7:06am On May 14, 2016
where is Seun pls? can dis young man do us a favour and honour more interview, show more of his face and be more social?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by vicchi12(f): 7:09am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:

lmao grin

My man, it's true o.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by omanifrank(m): 7:28am On May 14, 2016
nice
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Toroze(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2016
elfico:
No one will be bothered about net neutrality cos dis is Nigeria.

No he is not. Nairaland is actually on freebasics. I checked it out, but I cant login to my nairaland account.
Tried getting the app on Google play store but apparently its not available in my country
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by ibez007(m): 7:33am On May 14, 2016
Jobberman?!..

Do i need that?!....

HELL NOOOOO!!!!.

I REP 'ME'..

Kudos thou!..

But,

#teamOriginality
#team_Self-made..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Verify Us Paypal With Boa Vba / Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So / 10 Ways To Make Money As A Digital Marketer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.