Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. (15411 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC / Deregulation: Petrol Consumption Falls By 30%, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Jirate(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2016
by Tony Akowe ,
President of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), Comrade Francis Olabode Johnson has said unions in the oil and gas sector have not endorsed the recent N145 price of Premium Motor Spirit known as petrol.
Speaking with newsmen at the NLC secretariat in Abuja after a joint press conference of the NLC and TUC, Johnson said the two unions in the sector merely supported the deregulation of down stream sector with a proviso that government must immediately engage all stakeholders in the nation’s economy to find a way forward.
Johnson however expressed the fear that the fictionalization of the Nigeria Labour Congress may affect effective negotiation with government on the way forward, pointing out that labour must find a way of presenting a common position on all issues.
He said oil unions were also opposed to allowing the deregulation of the industry to be driven by import, pointing out that government must also find a way of ensuring that the nation’s refineries are working at optimal capacity, while the construction of new one must be made a priority.
He maintained that the government must also have the political will to drive the process of deregulation just like it did in the telecom sector, pointing out that it is unfortunate that the Petroleum Industry Bill is yet to be passed into law.

http://thenationonlineng.net/518228-2/

1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Flexherbal(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2016
Nigerians are suffering!

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by wxyz1: 10:05pm On May 14, 2016
the hypocritical Government were quick to say PENGASSAN supported their destructive and evil agenda as it concerned fuel hike. Thank God for coming out to clear the air. We have government that strive on lies.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by GodpunishBuhari: 10:12pm On May 14, 2016
wxyz1:
the hypocritical Government were quick to say PENGASSAN supported their destructive and evil agenda as it concerned fuel hike. Thank God for coming out to clear the air. We have government that strive on lies.

2 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by divinehand2003(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2016
The DULLARD in Aso Rock doesn't know a thing about correct and total deregulation.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by KissCODE(m): 10:33pm On May 14, 2016
APC has a way of producing smelling lies. They told us that PENGASSAN supported their new price regime but now these guys have said it is a lie.

In Kachikwu‘s press release he lied to Nigerians to NLC, TUC & PENGASSAN were all part of the decision to increase PMS‘s price only for us to discover it is a lie and labour & TUC will be going on strike to prove their point.

It is bad to have lairs running the affairs of a nation.

Yes... PIB should be signed into law if PMB/APC are ready to make effective and progressive change in petroluem industry.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Jirate(m): 4:01am On May 15, 2016
KissCODE:
APC has a way of producing smelling lies. They told us that PENGASSAN supported their new price regime but now these guys have said it is a lie.

In Kachikwu‘s press release he lied to Nigerians to NLC, TUC & PENGASSAN were all part of the decision to increase PMS‘s price only for us to discover it is a lie and labour & TUC will be going on strike to prove their point.

It is bad to have lairs running the affairs of a nation.

Yes... PIB should be signed into law if PMB/APC are ready to make effective and progressive change in petroluem industry.

Too Bad cool cool cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Nobody: 5:51am On May 15, 2016
This people can speak from both sides if their mouth, I doubt whether this strike will actually hold. They just gave FG monday and tuesday to bribe them, why not start the strike on monday instead of wednesday.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by chriskosherbal(m): 5:54am On May 15, 2016
Well, let's see how this goes.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by hucienda: 6:49am On May 15, 2016
Confusion in the land.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by lovedatruth(m): 6:56am On May 15, 2016
Dis the time all religious leaders should come togeda to prayer for dis country. Confuusion everywhr.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by allthingsgood: 6:57am On May 15, 2016
wxyz1:

I dont think u understand the meaning of deregulation. FYI it means govt will no longer regulate the downstream including price of fuel. Now if govt removes hand totally from price, allowing marketers to source for forex, import and sell at whatever price, how much do u think fuel will be?? You shld be glad that govt placed a cap on the price. Dollar is 320 now, so if govt removes hand completely expect to buy fuel between 250 - 400 per litre!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by wxyz1: 7:10am On May 15, 2016
allthingsgood:

I dont think u understand the meaning of deregulation. FYI it means govt will no longer regulate the downstream including price of fuel. Now if govt removes hand totally from price, allowing marketers to source for forex, import and sell at whatever price, how much do u think fuel will be?? You shld be glad that govt placed a cap on the price. Dollar is 320 now, so if govt removes hand completely expect to buy fuel between 250 - 400 per litre!
we are discoursing the subject matter not the meaning of deregulation which i can educate you on. Government rush to say Pengasan supported 145 pump price, and they are saying No, we supported deregulation not price hike. now from the subject matter, what so ever might be the effect of deregulation is a matter for another day. But the problem here is why cant the govt report issue the way it is, Must it result telling lies?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Pennyways: 7:27am On May 15, 2016
my space
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by incomintop: 7:41am On May 15, 2016
Interesting that means Buhari is on his own

2 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by allthingsgood: 7:49am On May 15, 2016
wxyz1:
we are discoursing the subject matter not the meaning of deregulation which i can educate you on. Government rush to say Pengasan supported 145 pump price, and they are saying No, we supported deregulation not price hike. now from the subject matter, what so ever might be the effect of deregulation is a matter for another day. But the problem here is why cant the govt report issue the way it is, Must it result telling lies?

Govt never reported anything. because u read something here on NL doesnt mean its govt that said it. Pls get your facts straight!

And no, u cant educate me on something u seem to know nothing about. Read and learn and dont be led astray by your ego

7 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by drejenny(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2016
Wonderful!!! Just days after you cheered the new price
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Francisnil: 8:21am On May 15, 2016
wxyz1:

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by SmithHumble50: 8:22am On May 15, 2016
Una go begin tell the truth one by one angry
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by DonAustyne(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2016
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Nobody: 8:23am On May 15, 2016
What is the difference?
How much do Pengassan want fuel to sell?200? I am sure it is more than what the government said.
I heard some are selling more than that sef.
For the people blaming government for everything. You don't know where your problem is coming from. I pity your as.s
Those associations does not want anything good for the masses, they are just selfish. Why can't they comply or sell below what the government said so that we know they are patriotic citizens. Bloody hypocrites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by 912(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2016
Now I don't know who or what to believe in this country any more. Yesterday they supported it today they don't. Government will say one thing today tomorrow they will make a u-turn and not even give any apology.

Confusion everywhere

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Nobody: 8:27am On May 15, 2016
Deregulation today will put d price at 200 naira per litre in d first 2 months before going down
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by NaijaEfcc: 8:27am On May 15, 2016
Apc and truth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by tinsel: 8:29am On May 15, 2016
wxyz1:
The kid in you just showed up. If you understand the full meaning deregulation you will not type this nonsense.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by kings09(m): 8:29am On May 15, 2016
In reality I dnt tink price in each state wld be same @ #145 if u r claiming to deregulate, ask marketers to import as well as leaving dem to source for their forex wch is likely to be gotten frm d parallel market.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Hardeysolution(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2016
I havent seen the authencity of this news but however, i want you to go and read the news very well. The media were there @ the meeting. So not that kachikwu or whoevr faked names. Anyway, it's for our betterment. They were all at the meeting. NLC was there TUC was there All of them were there, then why the ranting now? Government did not choose 145, the oil markers asked for it. It is a directive that it must not be above 145. Nigerians now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by repogirl(f): 8:32am On May 15, 2016
Chai! This government can lie and form stories sha!

What's the point in lying when the truth will expose them in the end? They will never learn. Uselessness!

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by tinsel: 8:33am On May 15, 2016
wxyz1:
My friend anybody supporting deregulation supports the price hike. NLC is still in support of subsidy. So the two bodies have a clear different approach. Indirectly pengassan is saying they are in support of hike since they don't want any form subsidy.
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Nobody: 8:33am On May 15, 2016
Liars
Re: PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. by Raziii(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:
Deregulation today will put d price at 200 naira per litre in d first 2 months before going down
don't be naive, as long as we import,the price will never go down. I mean it's just simple economics na. why are you guys allowing these guys sell crap to you. I took out one important point, 'allowing Deregulation of the industry to be driven by import'. govt is simply passing the subsidy payment over to us. question we should ask is, is there a need for subsidy payment? what if the price of crude oil goes back to over a hundred naira before the year runs out? why was it being subsidised in the first place? for all those saying now is the best time to remove it, I think the best time to remove subsidy would be when we are no longer affected by the prices at the international market or the fluctuations of the dollar and that can only happen when we start refining locally. truth is no matter how fierce the competition is, no body will sell below his cost price. When APC said the price will crash to 50naira in 6months, my question is, will the cost of bringing PMS to the pumps be less than 50naira in 6 months time?

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger State Applies For 2 Oil Blocks, Targets Own Refinery / Idris Wada Joins Governorship Race In Kogi / Malami Logged into Twitter to deactivate His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.