Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (41783 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by julybaba(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2017
Great!
Check out this ANDROID Job App.
--It provides information on vacancies and jobs opportunities.
--It also provides information on existing scholarship opportunities.
--You can also post new jobs and scholarship opportunities.
Download this app from: http://julisunkan.ga
To ask any question, send me an email at: julisunkan@julisunkan.ga
Share with friends
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2017
F
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by humilitypays(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2017
hmm
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by ilyasom(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2017
fake ass story, I thought it was something meaningful about entrepreneurship
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by NCP: 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
DANGOTE our paddy and front man.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by tayoxx(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
Metcheeww
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by emmayayodeji(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
savagefinder:
pls who are they?

Na some boys for my school
Western music don't take over their life
Them no fit think straight again
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by deebrain(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
Not news.

I remember very vividly his explanation of himself and the late Bishop's episode when he came to our university sometime in 2002.

He did not really do it because Idahosa was the "Idahosa", he did it because he was a cleric!!! He would have done same for anyone.

It changed my thinking. And it's interesting to note Muslims honor to any type of cleric, irrespective of their faith.

Christians, I beg to differ.

Shame.

2 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Ojisik(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2017
I really doubt the authenticity of this Dangote- Idahosa Story.

Please can somone corroborate it with hard facts like a video of Dangote attesting to the fact or a statement from the other passengers or Dangote's Assistant at the time

If Pastor Idahosa was on the Tarmac as the story states, how did the passengers seated in the plane hear him? That's quite a distance for one's voice to travel even if he he was right at the base of the plane

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by savagefinder: 7:27am On Mar 11, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Na some boys for my school Western music don't take over their life Them no fit think straight again
shey b they dey sing abi?
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by idu1(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2017
grin
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by joepentwo(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2017
there's God
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Mrjo(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2017
It takes special grace
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 11, 2017
Do you know he pays tithe to some of our big men of God? The prophecy happened because of the input of Dangote and the faithfulness of God.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by achu442(m): 7:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Politicians will always laugh loud anytime they hear that Dangote is the richest man in Africa.

There are politicians in Africa that are 5 times richer than Dangote.

Example?

Number 1?
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by advocatebaba(m): 7:32am On Mar 11, 2017
Humility and hardworking pays alot, dnt despise ur days of little beginning coz watever u do determines ur end up... dangote has engraved his name in the great book of history nd his fame written on d wall of every household, he is indeed a rare human in a million... lets define our path clearly only then wil success wil b allowed... stay safe nd enjoy ur weekend.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nwachukwu1986(m): 7:32am On Mar 11, 2017
If is now Davido could have offered his seat. Davido is more humble than dangote
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by oluwasheun94(m): 7:32am On Mar 11, 2017
Tokziby:
So na the prayer make the man Big or His Destiny? cos if na the prayer by now we should have millions of dangote cos idahosa would have certainly held prayers for millions of people in his church, even with fasting and prayer

Abeg tell us how he became the sole importer of sugar for more than 120million Nigerians during the 90's.
YOU GET POWER TO DEY READ PERSON MIND NI. YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND IN EXACT WORDS. if na like dat, i for down turn billionaire since God knows when...... undecided
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Sikay19(m): 7:33am On Mar 11, 2017
chidesco2:
wanna buy tbc? call 08one652four8227. clean and at 30k per coin

I will sell one for you at 10k
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by eezeribe(m): 7:34am On Mar 11, 2017
Something needs to be done about how topics should reach front page.
How will a relatively 'important' topic like this get to front page after almost one year(may 2016 —March 2017)
But topics about failed marriages of entertainers would reach front page even without a single comment.

cc:Seun

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Kennitrust(m): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2017
grin
dhakingpin:
"Aliko Dangote was born into a wealthy home in Kano. He got his first degree in Cairo, Egypt. He had always loved trading , and reports say he hawked sweets even as a primary school child , even though his family was wealthy. Dangote is really a very humble person even by the confessions of people who have interacted with him.
But Dangote is not the only hardworking Nigerian. He is not the only humble person around . He is probably not the most business savvy in Africa. But he is certainly the richest Blackman in the world . His companies employ over 11 , 000 people directly – not to mention , distributors, contractors and other vendors who depend on his businesses to thrive . Dangote is a blessing to humanity.
There is no family in Nigeria today that does not have a Dangote product in their home. If it is not sugar, then it is salt or the house you are living in was built with a Dangote Cement . Everyone has something to do with his business , so like Job he earns a little off everyone and that is the way to get wealthy.
Dangote is the 23 rd richest person in the world and is said to be the second most powerful African alive . The question is how did Dangote attain such a height ? Yes, you can’ t take away his hard work and business acumen, but that is only the starting point. The answer will not be found in the Forbes Magazine or on Wikipedia. The answer is in the verse of scripture quoted above : If you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the land .
Sometime in the early 90 s Dangote had an encounter that set his foot on the path of destiny. Archbishop Benson Idahosa had some guests who needed to travel back urgently from Benin to Lagos to catch up their flight to the US . Unfortunately by the time the Archbishop took his guests to the airport they were told that the last flight for the day was overbooked and not a single seat was available. As a matter of fact , the passengers have boarded and were about to take off. Idahosa asked for the plane to be delayed a few minutes and walked to the tarmac where he was allowed to address the passengers. He pleaded with them about the desperate situation of his guests and asked that two persons should donate their seats for his guests to get to Lagos .
Everyone in that plane was a Christian . Not one of them batted an eyelid. Some pretended to be asleep, some pretended to be praying and the man of God stood waiting . From the back of the plane , a young man asked the person sitting next to him to get up and together they vacated their seat for the American visitors. Idahosa stopped him in the aisle of the plane and asked , “ Youngman , what is your name and what do you do ?” “ My name is Dangote , Aliko Dangote and this is my assistant . I am a trader, a businessman .”
It was there and then, that Papa Idahosa prophesied to him that “ the World will get up for you”. He prayed that God should take his business beyond Africa and bless him beyond measure . Today God has answered that prayer . God destined that blessing for someone seated in that plane that evening. But there was a condition attached to it – Isa 1 :19 If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey , then I will make you rich! Dangote ’ s wealth today was not meant for a Christian businessman who was too proud, too fixated in his mind to offer the “flamboyant man of God”, the “prosperity preacher” his seat .
My question is, if you were there on that plane , would you have taken the blessing?
Enjoy your day.
Nothing in life is worth fighting for. Your best clothes is someone's rag,your account balance is someone's donation at a function, your girl friend/boy friend or fiance/fiancee' is someone's Ex. Every single prostitute you see in a hotel or on the street at night was at some point in time a virgin. So what is the squabble all about? Life is too small to feel bigger or better than anybody. We're all naked to death says Steve Jobs. Nothing can save us from it. I hate to see people who Brag about wealth, beauty, intelligence, level of education, fame and material possessions. There's nothing you've achieved in life that no one else has never gotten. There's only one thing that is worth bragging which is "BELIEVE IN GOD ALMIGHTY". SO BE GOOD TO YOUR FELLOW MAN AND ALWAYS MAKE FRIENDS. Always remember that the people you trampled upon on your way up a ladder will be the same set of people you're likely to pass on your way down, so cause no problem for others because if you do, they'll become your very problem one day. Finally, even banana stems will one day become dried leaves."

- Kazeem Olatunde yusuf
I enjoyed ur story grin
dhakingpin:
"Aliko Dangote was born into a wealthy home in Kano. He got his first degree in Cairo, Egypt. He had always loved trading , and reports say he hawked sweets even as a primary school child , even though his family was wealthy. Dangote is really a very humble person even by the confessions of people who have interacted with him.
But Dangote is not the only hardworking Nigerian. He is not the only humble person around . He is probably not the most business savvy in Africa. But he is certainly the richest Blackman in the world . His companies employ over 11 , 000 people directly – not to mention , distributors, contractors and other vendors who depend on his businesses to thrive . Dangote is a blessing to humanity.
There is no family in Nigeria today that does not have a Dangote product in their home. If it is not sugar, then it is salt or the house you are living in was built with a Dangote Cement . Everyone has something to do with his business , so like Job he earns a little off everyone and that is the way to get wealthy.
Dangote is the 23 rd richest person in the world and is said to be the second most powerful African alive . The question is how did Dangote attain such a height ? Yes, you can’ t take away his hard work and business acumen, but that is only the starting point. The answer will not be found in the Forbes Magazine or on Wikipedia. The answer is in the verse of scripture quoted above : If you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the land .
Sometime in the early 90 s Dangote had an encounter that set his foot on the path of destiny. Archbishop Benson Idahosa had some guests who needed to travel back urgently from Benin to Lagos to catch up their flight to the US . Unfortunately by the time the Archbishop took his guests to the airport they were told that the last flight for the day was overbooked and not a single seat was available. As a matter of fact , the passengers have boarded and were about to take off. Idahosa asked for the plane to be delayed a few minutes and walked to the tarmac where he was allowed to address the passengers. He pleaded with them about the desperate situation of his guests and asked that two persons should donate their seats for his guests to get to Lagos .
Everyone in that plane was a Christian . Not one of them batted an eyelid. Some pretended to be asleep, some pretended to be praying and the man of God stood waiting . From the back of the plane , a young man asked the person sitting next to him to get up and together they vacated their seat for the American visitors. Idahosa stopped him in the aisle of the plane and asked , “ Youngman , what is your name and what do you do ?” “ My name is Dangote , Aliko Dangote and this is my assistant . I am a trader, a businessman .”
It was there and then, that Papa Idahosa prophesied to him that “ the World will get up for you”. He prayed that God should take his business beyond Africa and bless him beyond measure . Today God has answered that prayer . God destined that blessing for someone seated in that plane that evening. But there was a condition attached to it – Isa 1 :19 If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey , then I will make you rich! Dangote ’ s wealth today was not meant for a Christian businessman who was too proud, too fixated in his mind to offer the “flamboyant man of God”, the “prosperity preacher” his seat .
My question is, if you were there on that plane , would you have taken the blessing?
Enjoy your day.
Nothing in life is worth fighting for. Your best clothes is someone's rag,your account balance is someone's donation at a function, your girl friend/boy friend or fiance/fiancee' is someone's Ex. Every single prostitute you see in a hotel or on the street at night was at some point in time a virgin. So what is the squabble all about? Life is too small to feel bigger or better than anybody. We're all naked to death says Steve Jobs. Nothing can save us from it. I hate to see people who Brag about wealth, beauty, intelligence, level of education, fame and material possessions. There's nothing you've achieved in life that no one else has never gotten. There's only one thing that is worth bragging which is "BELIEVE IN GOD ALMIGHTY". SO BE GOOD TO YOUR FELLOW MAN AND ALWAYS MAKE FRIENDS. Always remember that the people you trampled upon on your way up a ladder will be the same set of people you're likely to pass on your way down, so cause no problem for others because if you do, they'll become your very problem one day. Finally, even banana stems will one day become dried leaves."

- Kazeem Olatunde yusuf
I enjoyed ur story. but e be like say u dey vex with person.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by AlphaStyles(m): 7:40am On Mar 11, 2017
I had this before op angry

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2017
How did this nonsense make FP
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by oglalasioux(m): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2017
Dangote got rich off his hardwork and someone is here giving the credit to some god that doesn't have a clue about what to do about the food crisis in South Sudan.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by higherpower: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2017
If u care to listen, this story never happened. Am a christian n a believer by all standard.
1. If u have boarded flight b4, u will know that one can not stand up and exchange sit for another after being checked in.
2. U will know that no matter who u are, u can't stop a moving plane.
3. Who did the statistics to know that others were Christians n pastors but refused to Stand.
4. Was that the only good gesture someone or people have done to Idahosa? If NO, where the other billionires?
5. Was Dangote the only man Idahosa praye for?
6. Why has Dangote in all his speeches never acknowledge having to meet the pastor?
7. So the plane would have still been waiting for all this drama.
8. Who recorded this events?
9. Pictures
10. Be reasonable next time.

God is God! Even if no one believes, HE will still be God so u don't have to lie to make him God.

5 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by moshould(m): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2017
Lies!!! Dangote is being funded by our corrupt politicians with Nigeria's money, and they get their shares at the end of the year, no tax, no disturbance..dangote is a scam name for government officials who hide billions....

2 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Larryfest(m): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2017
DaudaAbu:
nice

So he is the only one Idahosa has ever prayed for or blessed abi?
Lol...u go fear naa
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by flexindino(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2017
It just take d grace of God for some1 2b rich and @d same time humble. Cos if u had not been humble, he wudnt have done wat he did....well, God was there to bless him...Mine's awaiting me
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Tokziby: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2017
oluwasheun94:
YOU GET POWER TO DEY READ PERSON MIND NI. YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND IN EXACT WORDS. if na like dat, i for down turn billionaire since God knows when...... undecided

Its sad that the O.P thought it was prayers that made him a billionaire and several people are also thinking this way, forgetting that its his destiny. You can only get to be amongst the worlds elite (rich & powerful) in one and "half" way. You are most likely born with a silver spoon and the other half could have been a genius or stroke of luck in getting connected to the elites (ruling class). In a nut shell 70-80% of the time, u are likely to be born in a wealthy family, 20-30% of the time u are either a genius or fortunate in getting good connection.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by flexindino(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
So you're telling me that dangote became rich just because he stood up for another man on a plane and the said man prophesied, and not more about his hardwork, resilience and careful planning (don't forget the government has always favoured him with policies)

Pls remind me the plane stories of Bill Gates, Buffet n co again..
Africa and God shaa..

After reading, understand b4 u comment....Dangote has had his business b4 dis incident happend...d prophesy was 4d whole world to knw him and also elevate....dat prophesy includes d govt recognising him, politicians favoring him etc...understand tinz broda
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by emmayayodeji(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2017
savagefinder:
shey b they dey sing abi?
lol. Some of em grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Constant Winning Bet Using "Duoble Chance" Market. / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Man Who Returned Lost N500k & Was Given N2k Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.