Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (41714 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 11, 2017
The way we Nigerians connect things...

We would never win a Nobel in Sciences

So the prediction of Idahosa made someone who was already a billionaire in Naira a billionaire in Dollars?
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by blont(m): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2017
"Aliko Dangote was born into a wealthy home... report said he even hawked sweet on street..."

oga how far na, how can this be true? the family go broke at anytime wey him start to dey hawk sweet at such age for primary sch?
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2017
i thought that the story is how dangote became rich?
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by happney65: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2017
The Person that wrote this stuff and the MOD that moved it to Front page is an Oloshi and they are both Mad..Egbami kee.See stupid people everywhere..Nonesense..

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by NASTYNASOSO: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2017
MADNESS AT ITS PEAK
THE MAN OF GOD OBSESSION HAS NOW CROSSED OVER FROM CHRISTIAN FOLKS TO MUSLIM FAITHFULLS
ALIKO WILL BE DEEPLY OFFENDED BY THIS WRITE UP
THIS IS A TRANSGRESSION AGAINST HIS FAITH
SEE HOW PEOPLE LOOK FOR TROUBLE
ALIKO HAS NEVER EVER MENTIONED TO ANY ONE THAT HE HAS A DEGREE
NO MUSLIM CLERIC IS TAKING CREDIT FOR ALIKOS SUCCESS, OUT OF NO WHERE SOME GUY DOES SOME FAKE WITE UP ATTRIBUTING IT TO SOME MAN OF GOD.
FUNNY, SO GOD CANNOT ACCEPT SOMEONES PRAYER WITHOUT A MAN OF GOD ( PREFERABLY A CHRISTIAN AS THIS CASE IS ) INTERCEDING ON HIS BEHALF.
BROS
GODS WAYS EXCEED HUMAN IMAGINATION
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by kristian98(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2017
did you know dangote was the only importer in nigeria at some point And has been favoured with government policies since obasanjo's regime. I can say that was actually what gave him a frog leap. If not do you know how many people that have fasted and prayed fervently and gave all what they had to God Dont just cook up stories. Everyone was not made to be equal. He had already made it big before meeting with idahosa.

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by shine12: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2017
DaudaAbu:
nice

So he is the only one Idahosa has ever prayed for or blessed abi?

I couldn't just click like,I had to say thank you and help me ask him o
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 11, 2017
i thought that the story is how dangote became rich?
anyway all this long story are made up and pure lies. dangote became rich because his father was very rich, his father was the biggest land owner in northern nigeria , groundnut farmer and exporter he owned the biggest groundnut plantation in nigeria. yes! GROUNDNUT! simples! any other stories about praying and idahosa is Absolute Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by NASTYNASOSO: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2017
flexindino:

After reading, understand b4 u comment....Dangote has had his business b4 dis incident happend...d prophesy was 4d whole world to knw him and also elevate....dat prophesy includes d govt recognising him, politicians favoring him etc...understand tinz broda
BROS YOU ARE ONLY SYAING YOU KNEW DANGOTE DURING OBASANJOS REGIME
ALIKO WAS ALREADY A FORCE WAY BACK AS OF 1984 IF YOU DONT KNOW
YOU NEED TO FIND OUT FEOM RHOSE THAT KNEW ABOUT THE IMPORT ERA AND HIS ISSUES BACK THEN.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2017
higherpower:
If u care to listen, this story never happened. Am a christian n a believer by all standard.
1. If u have boarded flight b4, u will know that one can not stand up and exchange sit for another after being checked in.
2. U will know that no matter who u are, u can't stop a moving plane.
3. Who did the statistics to know that others were Christians n pastors but refused to Stand.
4. Was that the only good gesture someone or people have done to Idahosa? If NO, where the other billionires?
5. Was Dangote the only man Idahosa praye for?
6. Why has Dangote in all his speeches never acknowledge having to meet the pastor?
7. So the plane would have still been waiting for all this drama.
8. Who recorded this events?
9. Pictures
10. Be reasonable next time.

God is God! Even if no one believes, HE will still be God so u don't have to lie to make him God.

Great comment on this stupid article.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by franklyneo(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2017
Talking trash to get attention doesn't say well of u Mr man..why lieyin when you know the only person who did that was Mr Mike Adenuga of Glo..i don't even know why the mods can't review something before pushing it to FTP. Just negodu watin ds palmwine tapper just wrote
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2017
You have started this lies again. Please stop decieving people.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by mescanap: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2017
This is one of the most discouraging piece I have read in nairaland. Someone with a degree from naija university sat down to write and the reason he gave for making dangote rich was standing up for sb and prayers. My friend you need prayer and deliverance.

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2017
Ojisik:
I really doubt the authenticity of this Dangote- Idahosa Story.

Please can somone corroborate it with hard facts like a video of Dangote attesting to the fact or a statement from the other passengers or Dangote's Assistant at the time

If Pastor Idahosa was on the Tarmac as the story states, how did the passengers seated in the plane hear him? That's quite a distance for one's voice to travel even if he he was right at the base of the plane
It's obvious whoever came up with this story have never boarded a plane before.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by hope4life: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
So you're telling me that dangote became rich just because he stood up for another man on a plane and the said man prophesied, and not more about his hardwork, resilience and careful planning (don't forget the government has always favoured him with policies)

Pls remind me the plane stories of Bill Gates, Buffet n co again..
Africa and God shaa..

No matter your hard work, resilience and connections, if God does not support what you're doing, it will yield no fruit. Is Dangote the only man that is hardworking and having govt backing.? Remove God's hand, your gold becomes goard
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by lailo: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2017
OP u are using style to talk to Davido bcs of his recent childish display of family's wealth
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 11, 2017
DaudaAbu:
nice

Nop BT for him to b a Muslim and accord respect to a leader of another faith is uncommon.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by smark61: 8:41am On Mar 11, 2017
Tokziby:
So na the prayer make the man Big or His Destiny? cos if na the prayer by now we should have millions of dangote cos idahosa would have certainly held prayers for millions of people in his church, even with fasting and prayer

Abeg tell us how he became the sole importer of sugar for more than 120million Nigerians during the 90's.

ignorance na bad thing wetin u no kno make u no put body. Aliko sugar factory started production in 1999 so before den sugar was being imported. So Aw come u dey talk say na him b the sole importer of sugar during d90s.n besides he was the first man to produce sugar in the country n government never stopped anyone from producing sugar they actually encourage others to do same.u say e produce sugar for 120milliom Nigerians in the 90s so na u conduct d census wey make nigeria b 120milliom in d 90s. Una go just dey talk

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by LordIsaac(m): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2017
In as much as I dislike the religious dimension in this article, I commend the salient lessons from it: humility and love!
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by CHARLOE(m): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2017
Tokziby:
So na the prayer make the man Big or His Destiny? cos if na the prayer by now we should have millions of dangote cos idahosa would have certainly held prayers for millions of people in his church, even with fasting and prayer

Abeg tell us how he became the sole importer of sugar for more than 120million Nigerians during the 90's.
U dey mind these gullible hippocrites, scheming on how to take d glory behind d success of a Muslim.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:50am On Mar 11, 2017
smiley

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by juman(m): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Well, I dont like write negative things about him.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by pkang: 8:58am On Mar 11, 2017
DaudaAbu:
nice

No but he a Muslim accepted Christ as the man of God prayed for him and believed that what he is doing will take him high.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by QuietHammer(m): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2017
This is so stupid. Very stupid

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by mmb(m): 9:02am On Mar 11, 2017
dhakingpin:
"Aliko Dangote was born into a wealthy home in Kano. He got his first degree in Cairo, Egypt. He had always loved trading , and reports say he hawked sweets even as a primary school child , even though his family was wealthy. Dangote is really a very humble person even by the confessions of people who have interacted with him.
But Dangote is not the only hardworking Nigerian. He is not the only humble person around . He is probably not the most business savvy in Africa. But he is certainly the richest Blackman in the world . His companies employ over 11 , 000 people directly – not to mention , distributors, contractors and other vendors who depend on his businesses to thrive . Dangote is a blessing to humanity.
There is no family in Nigeria today that does not have a Dangote product in their home. If it is not sugar, then it is salt or the house you are living in was built with a Dangote Cement . Everyone has something to do with his business , so like Job he earns a little off everyone and that is the way to get wealthy.
Dangote is the 23 rd richest person in the world and is said to be the second most powerful African alive . The question is how did Dangote attain such a height ? Yes, you can’ t take away his hard work and business acumen, but that is only the starting point. The answer will not be found in the Forbes Magazine or on Wikipedia. The answer is in the verse of scripture quoted above : If you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the land .
Sometime in the early 90 s Dangote had an encounter that set his foot on the path of destiny. Archbishop Benson Idahosa had some guests who needed to travel back urgently from Benin to Lagos to catch up their flight to the US . Unfortunately by the time the Archbishop took his guests to the airport they were told that the last flight for the day was overbooked and not a single seat was available. As a matter of fact , the passengers have boarded and were about to take off. Idahosa asked for the plane to be delayed a few minutes and walked to the tarmac where he was allowed to address the passengers. He pleaded with them about the desperate situation of his guests and asked that two persons should donate their seats for his guests to get to Lagos .
Everyone in that plane was a Christian . Not one of them batted an eyelid. Some pretended to be asleep, some pretended to be praying and the man of God stood waiting . From the back of the plane , a young man asked the person sitting next to him to get up and together they vacated their seat for the American visitors. Idahosa stopped him in the aisle of the plane and asked , “ Youngman , what is your name and what do you do ?” “ My name is Dangote , Aliko Dangote and this is my assistant . I am a trader, a businessman .”
It was there and then, that Papa Idahosa prophesied to him that “ the World will get up for you”. He prayed that God should take his business beyond Africa and bless him beyond measure . Today God has answered that prayer . God destined that blessing for someone seated in that plane that evening. But there was a condition attached to it – Isa 1 :19 If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey , then I will make you rich! Dangote ’ s wealth today was not meant for a Christian businessman who was too proud, too fixated in his mind to offer the “flamboyant man of God”, the “prosperity preacher” his seat .
My question is, if you were there on that plane , would you have taken the blessing?
Enjoy your day.
Nothing in life is worth fighting for. Your best clothes is someone's rag,your account balance is someone's donation at a function, your girl friend/boy friend or fiance/fiancee' is someone's Ex. Every single prostitute you see in a hotel or on the street at night was at some point in time a virgin. So what is the squabble all about? Life is too small to feel bigger or better than anybody. We're all naked to death says Steve Jobs. Nothing can save us from it. I hate to see people who Brag about wealth, beauty, intelligence, level of education, fame and material possessions. There's nothing you've achieved in life that no one else has never gotten. There's only one thing that is worth bragging which is "BELIEVE IN GOD ALMIGHTY". SO BE GOOD TO YOUR FELLOW MAN AND ALWAYS MAKE FRIENDS. Always remember that the people you trampled upon on your way up a ladder will be the same set of people you're likely to pass on your way down, so cause no problem for others because if you do, they'll become your very problem one day. Finally, even banana stems will one day become dried leaves."

- Kazeem Olatunde yusuf
This is the most useless topic I have read in my life.

You want to tell us Idahosa is responsible for Dangote's wealth.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Onopa(m): 9:05am On Mar 11, 2017
dangotie became reach through fraudulent contracts awarded to him by Abacha government
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by giles14(m): 9:07am On Mar 11, 2017
he was created by OBJ who gave him monopoly on cement importation by seizing and banning ibeto cement.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2017
It wasn't prayer that made him rich... it was more like favourable govt policies.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by michoim(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2017
What a great story and history. It is always good for a man to imbibe the culture of humility!
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by feran15(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2017
wft is this? this is not how he started at all angry
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Auki: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2017
Christian wants to bent success story to their lies. Beside Dangote is a Muslim. Idahosa should have bless himself or his fellow crowd.

God gives wealth to whom He will of His bondmen.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by murmee: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2017
hectorswag:
Dangote should become a Christian by now then undecided
Nevertheless, everyone one knows that he is very liberal and more importantly, not a Moslem extremist!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise / Which Bank ATM Works For International Transaction / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.