Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies (2940 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies / Aregbeshola: Projects And Project Inspections..pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2016
This Thread is to celebrate the good input of The former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. You can add yours and
Pls there should be no name calling or what ever that may lead to unnecessary arguements.
Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by hilomdave: 11:49am On May 15, 2016
Pension reform

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2016
Power
Here he privatized the power sector which was at then heavily infested by corruption and other scandals. He put up policies and regulations in the sector which lead to the NIPP.
Power plants built/rehablitated under the Nipp includes
i) Alaoji phase I power station
ii) Afam power station
iii)rehabilition of 220 megawatt has turbine at egbin plant
iv) geregu phase II power plant
v) olorunsogo phase II power plant
vi)omotosho power station...
Power distribution lines
i) 2nd 330kv transmission line from benin-onitsha
ii) alaoji-owerri-onitsha 330kv lines
iii) alaoji-ikot ekpene-uyo-calabar 330kv lines
iv)alaoji-ugwuaji-new heaven 330kv lines
v)alaoji-ugwuaji-aliade-makurdi-jos 330kv lines
vi) osogbo-benin transmission lines.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by banki(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2016
Scholes007:
Power
Here he privatized the power sector which was at then heavily infested by corruption and other scandals. He put up policies and regulations in the sector which lead to the NIPP.

And the power companies provided light now generated electricity and distributed electricity..now there is lighteverywhere

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Pavarottii(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2016
He made sure there was a federal institution in all states. Adding 12 more universities.

He conducted free and fair election during his time. Wen opposition won elections with ease e.g Edo, Ondo and Anambra. And he called dem to congratulate dem.

He fought corruption with putting systems on ground. IPPIS, TSA and BVN.

He met a power production level at about 2,000plus and left it at about 5,000MW.

He created jobs through Sure P, YouWin etc.

The number of beneficiaries from PTDF from. 2010 till 2015 is more than the whole beneficiaries from since wen d program started till that time. 19something.

He made sure he repaired and constructed new federal roads in all geopolitical zones.

He revamped the railway sector.

He increased our non- oil generated revenue wiv the turnaround and rebranding of d agricultural sector. (kudos to Femi adesina).

He made our economy grow at about 7% from 2011 till date and made our economy the 3rd fastest growing economy( kudos to okonjo iweala).

For the first time we never experienced fuel scarcity in d month of December since d inception of Nigeria for his period of rule and for the first time we had the highest production of crude oil in Nigeria.(kudos to Deziani Madueke).

The first African country that was affected to eradicate Ebola.

OP, I don tire to type.

My only wish is if he will become president again.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by seunmsg(m): 12:08pm On May 15, 2016
Stealing is not corruption!

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2016
Pavarottii:
He made sure there was a federal institution in all states. Adding 12 more universities.

He conducted free and fair election during his time. Wen opposition won elections with ease e.g Edo, Ondo and Anambra. And he called dem to congratulate dem.

He fought corruption with putting systems on ground. IPPIS, TSA and BVN.

He met a power production level at about 2,000plus and left it at about 5,000MW.

He created jobs through Sure P, YouWin etc.

The number of beneficiaries from PTDF from. 2010 till 2015 is more than the whole beneficiaries from since wen d program started till that time. 19something.

He made sure he repaired and constructed new federal roads in all geopolitical zones.

He revamped the railway sector.

He increased our non- oil generated revenue wiv the turnaround and rebranding of d agricultural sector. (kudos to Femi adesina).

He made our economy grow at about 7% from 2011 till date and made our economy the 3rd fastest growing economy( kudos to okonjo iweala).

For the first time we never experienced fuel scarcity in d month of December since d inception of Nigeria for his period of rule and for the first time we had the highest production of crude oil in Nigeria.(kudos to Deziani Madueke).

The first African country that was affected to eradicate Ebola.

OP, I don tire to type.

My only wish is if he will become president again.

nice one there are many more but i will run your points separatlysmiley
Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by MeAndYou(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2016
GEJ would forever be remembered for many of his awesome works.

But for reviving the already dead and buried rail transportation and churning out some of the best agricultural policies of our time, ..... I just removed my cap and gave it to GEJ for safe keeping.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by deji68: 1:06pm On May 15, 2016
Oil and gas reform ...After several decades of being dominated by multinationals, #nigeria’s petroleum industry witnessed increased participation by local operators....GEJ legacy

Key achievements in just 4 years:

Today, Nigeria’s petroleum industry is the country’s largest generator of GDP.
30,000 jobs for Nigerians in 30 months

Nigerians now participate in 87% of Nigerian Oil & Gas Contracts

Over 5,000 young people have been trained in engineering, welding, geosciences, soft skills and subsea technology

More than 8,000 students have received degrees through scholarships provided by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)

Huge engineering projects are being carried out by Nigerian engineering firms employing indigenous workers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2016
mcino:
These are some of the 14 Universities built by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, with their structures in no particular order
1] Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.
2] Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.
3] Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.
4] Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.
5] Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.
6] Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West.
7] Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.
8] Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.
9] Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-South West.
President Goodluck Jonathan also on Thursday advised Nigeria’s National Economic Council (NEC) to approve the upgrade of six Federal universities to Mega tertiary institutions with absorptive capacity of 150,000 students to 200,000 students each. The affected Universities are yet to be named by the Presidency.

A friend came back from France, after studying for his masters degree and was absorbed by Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI). He had an interview with the VC, Prof Ayo Ibidapo Obe directly and the VC was impressed and so he was directed to go through the recruitment processes of the school. He was absorbed and subsequently listed to go back for his PhD, being sponsored by the school via TETFUND. It breaks my heart when lazy Nigerians run their mouth and insult President GEJ, claiming that some of his works don't exist. The worst mistake Nigerians will make is to vote in Buhari in the forthcoming election. We will live to regret it. Jonathan did not only build these universities but appointed seasoned professors with administrative experiences and track records to man them. Prof Nebo was poached from Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE), while the like of Prof Ibidapo Obe still remain in the various ones. I don't want to forget how first class graduates have been selected all over the country and sent on scholarships to various countries to study with a bond to come back to Nigeria and serve after studies. A kid brother just graduated after his doctorate programme in Newcastle University. Instead of wasting your life badmouthing GEJ on Nairaland, go back to your books now and take advantage of GEJ's wonderful investment in education. A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by comrChris(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2016
Interesting, Gej did wonderfully well but Nigerians are filled with hatred..anytime l ply Enugu Abakaliki expressway l give thanks to him

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by mrvitalis(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2016
I stay in Rivers State and as far as am concerned there is nothing to point that he did in Rivers State.... Not even one

Am sorry.. .. If people praise Jonathan after 6 years then indeed we the followers are worst than our leaders

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by plaetton: 1:55pm On May 15, 2016
seunmsg:
Though that statement was taken out of context by the propaganda Piranhas of APC, the statement is STILL 100% correct, but only for those capable of a little thinking.

For example, let me ask you.
Is Buhari currently fighting stealing or corruption ?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by louqas: 2:08pm On May 15, 2016
Scholes007:
Power
Power plants built/rehablitated under the Nipp includes
i) Alaoji phase I power station
ii) Afam power station
iii)rehabilition of 220 megawatt has turbine at egbin plant
iv) geregu phase II power plant
v) olorunsogo phase II power plant
vi)omotosho power station...
Power distribution lines
i) 2nd 330kv transmission line from benin-onitsha
ii) alaoji-owerri-onitsha 330kv lines
iii) alaoji-ikot ekpene-uyo-calabar 330kv lines
iv)alaoji-ugwuaji-new heaven 330kv lines
v)alaoji-ugwuaji-aliade-makurdi-jos 330kv lines
vi) osogbo-benin transmission lines.

Jonathan did not put up policies that lead to NIPP ,NIPP has been in before Jonathan . Power sector is a sector the GEJ administration should be ashamed of its performance. If he has performed as you want to make us believe why are we still in darkness? The distribution companies that took over the defunct PHCN don't have money to run it and are even being bailed out by government .......smh. ...... hundreds of containers of power equipments have been abandoned at the ports for years, equipments that would have ensured great improvement in our power sector was deliberately left to waste .

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by deji68: 2:13pm On May 15, 2016
Cement policy implementation....taking us to #4 cement exporting nation in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by deji68: 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
The new policy has attracted a number of top brands, with three already commencing assembly in Nigeria as at 2015. Also, 30 other brands have signed commitments with technical partners and obtained licenses to assemble passenger cars, sports utility vehicles (SUVs), buses and trucks in the country.Nigeria: Africa’s Next Automotive Hub PWC

PWC on Automotive policy.... GEJ legacy

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Mintek: 2:27pm On May 15, 2016
Scholes007:
This Thread is to celebrate the good input of The formal president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. You can add yours and
Pls there should be no name calling or what ever that may lead to unnecessary arguements.

*Former

GEJ my hero.
Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Mintek: 2:31pm On May 15, 2016
mrvitalis:
I stay in Rivers State and as far as am concerned there is nothing to point that he did in Rivers State.... Not even one

Am sorry.. .. If people praise Jonathan after 6 years then indeed we the followers are worst than our leaders

You definitely are blin.d sir.
Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by realjoker(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2016
a
Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 2:34pm On May 15, 2016
So many to count

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by mbaboy(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2016
But is stealing corruption. Ask those who are learned in your family
seunmsg:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by deji68: 2:36pm On May 15, 2016
signed the FOI bill into law.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by deji68: 2:40pm On May 15, 2016
newly signed Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 will fast-track criminal justice system and re-position Nigeria among the league of humane societies.
The act was signed into law by former president, Goodluck Jonathan, on May 14

Signed the new criminal justice reform bill into law.......

1 Like

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2016
louqas:

Jonathan did not put up policies that lead to NIPP ,NIPP has been in before Jonathan . Power sector is a sector the GEJ administration should be ashamed of its performance. If he has performed as you want to make us believe why are we still in darkness? The distribution companies that took over the defunct PHCN don't have money to run it and are even being bailed out by government .......smh. ...... hundreds of containers of power equipments have been abandoned at the ports for years, equipments that would have ensured great improvement in our power sector was deliberately left to waste .
NIPP was actually started in 2004 by obj, but it still do not change the fact that all i wrote up there is right. Do you knw that the project was stale due to lack of fund before Gej.
...You talk as if you were not among the folks that were celebration steady electricity at the begining of 2016, do you think it just came by chance?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2016
Mintek:

GEJ my hero.
thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by ba7man(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2016
He allowed Boko Haram to grow and terrorize Nigerians while sharing the Billions of dollars allocated to fight them thereby resulting in large scale deaths of innocent citizens.

He also went on a nationwide bazaar sharing the nation's wealth to his croonies to influence his reelection which has eventually plunged the nation into economic crisis.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by louqas: 4:25pm On May 15, 2016
Scholes007:
NIPP was actually started in 2004 by obj, but it still do not change the fact that all i wrote up there is right. Do you knw that the project was stale due to lack of fund before Gej.
...You talk as if you were not among the folks that were celebration steady electricity at the begining of 2016, do you think it just came by chance?

You talk as if you were there when I was celebrating in January 2016 . Accept it GEJ failed in the power sector . He also handled the privatization badly as he only handed over the power company to cronies who were never planned to put any money into their investment but expect government to still be finding their investments for them . Wicked people

1 Like

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Scholes007(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
louqas:

You talk as if you were there when I was celebrating in January 2016 . Accept it GEJ failed in the power sector . He also handled the privatization badly as he only handed over the power company to cronies who were never planned to put any money into their investment but expect government to still be finding their investments for them . Wicked people
I don't like people telling stories because there were told or because they are subjected to some form of hate against someone or event. Every statistics and data available has shown that he is the best so far. You can go through what i claimed and tell me if any is a lie until then just chill.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2016
banki:

And the power companies provided light now generated electricity and distributed electricity..now there is lighteverywhere
I enjoy this sarcasm

1 Like

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Pavarottii(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
mrvitalis:

Tell me one thing he should av done to Rivers state that he didn't do?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by Abagworo(m): 5:27pm On May 15, 2016
banki:

Leave them to continue wallowing. What that man and his cronies did to Nigeria is unbearable.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Legacy Programs, Projects And Policies by bokohalal(m): 5:29pm On May 15, 2016
GEJ supporters are the world's funniest people

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerian Army Made Biafran Independence A Success / Gen Yakubu Gowon Having A Conversation With Cadets Of Course 1 / Osun Polls: Protests Rock Osogbo,iwo & Ilesa(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.