Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai (646 Views)

Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap / Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai by papaejima1: 2:08pm On May 15, 2016
The below is an extract from an interview granted by El-Rufai.
Read for yourself.

As I said, the issue is one of trust. If another government was in power, let us assume General Buhari was the President of Nigeria, he would not withdraw the subsidy. He will fix the problem. He will audit who is taking the money in the subsidy, who is paying what, how the money multiply three times in one year and fish out the thieves and deal with them.

So, why do you think Jonathan lacks the political will to deal with them?

Because they financed his election. But Buhari would have sorted that out. That is the first thing to do. Now, while you are paying the subsidy, even one quarter of what you are paying is a lot. [size=18pt]General Buhari's administration would have ensured that within 12 months all the refineries are working at full capacity. His administration would have built the fourth refinery that will bring our domestic production to the point that we don't need to import a single drop of petrol.[/size] And once we can produce our petrol from our own crude oil, at out own cost, we can sell it at any price we like. That is what Buhari's government would have done. Nigerians made a very big mistake for not electing Buhari, and they are learning every day. Many people have told me that they voted for Jonathan and they are regretting it now.
[size=14pt]There is no question of Buhari withdrawing subsidy because he has been Petroleum Minister, Chairman of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) and so on[/size]. He built three out of the four refineries we have in this country. And he built that out of patriotism to ensure that we can produce domestically. So, the question of withdrawing subsidy would not even be on the table.

My people, it is 12 months since we elected Buhari and we are yet see the fourth refinery and we are yet to see the full capacity.
Lalasticlala, is the refinery in your hood working at full capacity yet?

https://www.nairaland.com/841393/subsidy-removal-nigerians-made-mistake

Re: Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai by lekkie073(m): 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
just look at d pygmy of a guvnor
Re: Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai by stzy(m): 2:20pm On May 15, 2016
Oya Ru Ru... Come and see ur hypocricy smiling back at u
Re: Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai by mikolo80: 3:15pm On May 15, 2016
lekkie073:
just look at d pygmy of a guvnor
him ppl like am like dat. how many election you don win with your height

1 Like

Re: Buhari Would Not Remove Fuel Subsidy - El Rufai by mbaboy(m): 3:20pm On May 15, 2016
I think the short governor is hiding his face in shame now. They all deceived gullible Nigerians in 2012 to paint Jonathan black. By now we for don de enjoy nyafu nyafu

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ajimobi Names Chief Of Staff, Deputy, 9 Others / BREAKING: PDP Factional Convention Postpone Till Further Notice / Nigeria Is Broke Yet Money Is Been Wasted N3.9 Billion On Annual Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.