Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,008 members, 7,803,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau (23740 Views)

Ita Ekpenyong Speaks On His Failed Arrest By EFCC / How Much The EFCC Has Recovered From Whistleblowing / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Anasko(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2016
A former Kano State governor who was accused of helping to distribute N950 million in the #Dasukigate scandal has said he is not being politically victimised.

Mr. Shekarau, a founding member of Nigeria’s ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, few months to the 2015 elections.

He was recently arrested by the anti-graft agency, EFCC, amid allegations that he helped distribute N950 million to top Kano and other northern politicians in the build-up to the elections.

The money is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion arms fund allegedly mismanaged by the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki. Mr. Dasuki and some other officials of the previous administration are already being prosecuted for their roles in the scam popularly referred as #Dasukigate.

On Sunday, Mr. Shekarau, who also served as Education Minster under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, said his arrest and detention by the EFCC has no political undertone.

While addressing journalists at a news conference in Kano, he said “what happened to me could happen to anybody and it was only godly for me to accept my fate, good or bad.”

He, however, insisted that he was ready to spend the next 10 years in the Commission’s custody to prove his innocence.

“I am not suspecting any political undertone in my arrest but rather regard it as an act of God to test my faith.

“I was told that one of the beneficiaries of the N950 million in question implicated me; that I was given N25 million as my share of the money but could not state where, how and when.”

Mr. Shekarau, who thanked his supporters, said he was not suspecting anybody behind his ordeal.

The former minister was arrested by EFCC on Thursday in his house at Mundubawa, Kano metropolis.

He was alleged to have collected N25 million as his own share of the money and consequently quizzed by the Commission.

At Sunday’s conference, Mr. Shekarau did not explain his exact role in the distribution of the funds.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203442-accused-distributing-n950-million-dasukigate-shekarau-rules-political-victimisation.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 15, 2016
Sai Buhari

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by bigboss80s(m): 4:10pm On May 15, 2016
Thank you for being truthful. At least he's not like all those guilty ones crying wolf where there's none.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by donphilopus: 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
Can those children of hate see this? Watch as they invade this thread to attack him for not saying this Government is wizard-hunting him!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Tolexander: 5:18pm On May 15, 2016
Fine,

If one isn't guilty of any offence, one does not need acting funny and making action that calls for sympathy.
Just obey the antigraft call to explain your innocence.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Rose2014: 5:37pm On May 15, 2016
Well scripted Nollywood movie

Grab your copy now

5 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by amaechi1: 5:41pm On May 15, 2016
Four quick observation:

1. He may be innocent, hence was not afraid to say things the way they are;

2. We should not be surprise that he may jump ship and allow PDP to sink;

3. Three, he may have dropped N25m and allow peace to prevail;

4. Those crying witch hunting should rest their case. The looting was fantastically massive.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by modath(f): 5:44pm On May 15, 2016
Shekarau whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..  shocked shocked shocked

Don't you know how sweet "wails of persecution" sounds to some people...

How much playing the victim will win you more loyal Robots!! Haba!!

Do you know how many hearts you've broken?

How many people have placed you on a pedestal, as their greatest hope against Buhari's 2nd term? 

You broke some hearts mehn!!    grin grin

Imagine the disloyal man, After Deji Adeyanju tweeted picture of people observing their prayers jeje as your supporters praying against Bubu... Na wah oooohh tongue

46 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by DesChyko: 5:51pm On May 15, 2016
I'm sure I was the only one who saw this:
“I was told that one of the beneficiaries of the N950 million in question implicated me; that I was given N25 million as my share of the money but could not state where, how and when.

Definition of Propaganda: information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

I'm matured beyond assimilating uncorroborating information. *fingers crossed* cool

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by EazyMoh(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2016
The thing is that we no dey look face. whether you humble or u dey form James Bond like FFK we must hunt you! I have been waiting for Shekarau s case to begin siiiiiiince!
Wailers go and die we must fight corruption and we are ready for it fight back.
#Neveragain
thanks Aunty Modath keep the moral battle up! we must fix Nigeria wether anybody likes it or not!

17 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by fulanimafia: 6:04pm On May 15, 2016
What a saddening note to start the week on for the Wailing Zombies and self-victimizing Ekpas... sad

Kai mods...why so wickedly burst the wailers lies that prayers were currently ongoing at Shekarau's residence against PMB's government after rushing it to FP grin? Now Shekarau has confirmed he holds nobody responsible for his ordeal, let alone PMB...those faithfuls must have been praying against the people Shekarau said implicated him in the scandal.

Even Mallam Shekarau knows better than to stand against Prez. Buhari's anti-corruption drive, unlike their corrupt and unrepentant elders that would rather whip up every brand of silly and petty ethno-religious and political sentiments in a vain attempt to muddy up the case against them.

Despite the fact that he is in the opposition, Shekarau must be commended for this statesmanlike statement and conduct which should be emulated by the rest of his corrupt party members.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by fulanimafia: 6:26pm On May 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
If Yeebos can one day read a speech like this and say something like this

or

Just for them to agree that their former leaders were corrupt

That's the day this guy will succeed...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-T1TH9Gstu8A/U_udEUUFDpI/AAAAAAAABiA/hkUES-KPaXs/s1600/camelneedle.png[/img]

16 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by fulanimafia: 6:27pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

Imagine the disloyal man, After Deji Adeyanju tweeted picture of people observing their prayers jeje as your supporters praying against Bubu... Na wah oooohh tongue

Who has time for the jobless charlatan? Shekarau has revealed the demons his battalion of prayer warriors were praying against below...

Anasko:

“I am not suspecting any political undertone in my arrest but rather regard it as an act of God to test my faith.

“I was told that one of the beneficiaries of the N950 million in question implicated me; that I was given N25 million as my share of the money but could not state where, how and when.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203442-accused-distributing-n950-million-dasukigate-shekarau-rules-political-victimisation.html

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by drejenny(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2016
No be you dey arrange prayers

1 Like

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by goodlifehyd1: 7:18pm On May 15, 2016
Yet some animals are in his house wasting their time and bringing down curse to their family while they believed they prating against a whole nation... awon eranko jati jati ikeji aja

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by kings09(m): 7:18pm On May 15, 2016
Who ur arrest epp. But 1 thing am sure of. If dis man had decamped back 2 Apc aftr d elections, we won't hear of dis story. He ll be regarded as a 'saint'

2 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by slimpoppa(m): 7:18pm On May 15, 2016
You see?
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by EbukaFran: 7:19pm On May 15, 2016
Our IPOB brethren will say it is because he is burukutu sipping, gworo chewing mallam

God save us from Ipob imbeciles

9 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Karm16: 7:20pm On May 15, 2016
Igbos won't gree o.

They want to malign this government by force.

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by datola: 7:21pm On May 15, 2016
Some disgruntled elements will not like this.

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Karm16: 7:22pm On May 15, 2016
EazyMoh:
The thing is that we no dey look face. whether you humble or u dey form James Bond like FFK we must hunt you! I have been waiting for Shekarau s case to begin siiiiiiince!
Wailers go and die we must fight corruption and we are ready for it fight back.
#Neveragain
thanks Aunty Modath keep the moral battle up! we must fix Nigeria wether anybody likes it or not!

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by tinsel: 7:23pm On May 15, 2016
drejenny:
No be you dey arrange prayers
They were thanking God for his release. Don't believe every nonsense you read.

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Oildichotomy(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2016
[size=15pt] The Zombeic imbeciles are having a field day on this thread.
One seems to wonder why is that? Shekarau just said he feel there is no political undertone and they are all about massaging their spin hard-on!

All man must work for their pay apparently [/size]
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by omolola15(m): 7:24pm On May 15, 2016
Honest dude.
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by richidinho(m): 7:24pm On May 15, 2016
Ok
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by bigerboy200: 7:25pm On May 15, 2016
EbukaFran:
Our IPOB brethren will say it is because he is burukutu sipping, gworo chewing mallam

God save us from Ipob imbeciles
Lol

2 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by FagsamPHP(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2016
Buhari is a Dullard!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by Sunymoore(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2016
I know it, this administration is not witch-hunting anybody, but people's actions and inactions hunting them..
Shekarau, is a PDP member, but even at that, he didn't play the victim card, but, if it were some people, I comment my reserve...

2 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by biz9ja(m): 7:26pm On May 15, 2016
mtchewww
Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by 4nobody4every1: 7:26pm On May 15, 2016
Keneking:
Sai Buhari
Dont mind the yam eater, he go soon hear whinnnnnn

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau by 4nobody4every1: 7:28pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

Shekarau whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..  shocked shocked shocked

Don't you know how sweet "wails of persecution" sounds to some people...

How much playing the victim will win you more loyal Robots!! Haba!!

Do you know how many hearts you've broken?

How many people have placed you on a pedestal, as their greatest hope against Buhari's 2nd term? 

You broke some hearts mehn!!    grin grin

Gbammmmmm kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi Political Thugs AKA Sara-Suka Arrested By Police & Weapons Recovered / Malami Orders Police To Unseal Peace Corps Headquarters / Chijioke Nwakodo Is Dead (Abia Chief Of Staff)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.