Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Tips On How To Survive The Fuel Increment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tips On How To Survive The Fuel Increment (438 Views)

Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area? / Why Is No One Blaming Buhari For The Fuel Scarcity? / Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Survive The Fuel Increment by tafabaloo(m): 4:30pm On May 15, 2016
TIPS ON HOW TO SURVIVE THE 145 NAIRA PER LITRE FUEL PRICE

In the light of the recent announcement by the federal government of the increase of pump price of fuel to 145naira per litre, it has become pertinent to come up with a few measures to help cushion the harsh effect of the increase. Here are a few tips to help you;

1. WALK IT!
Buy walking shoes and an umbrella for short distance trips. Nigerians naturally are lazy particularly the car owners. You find that even to go to the kiosk down your street, you hop into your car(guilty!). This fuel increase might just help you shed a few kgs as you begin to take long walks to places you would ordinarily drive to. If its less than a 5mins drive, walk it!

2. CAR POLLING:
It is quite common in Nigeria to find people living within the same neighbourhood and all working withing the same area all hop into their respective cars and drive to work and back. Try car polling this period. Identify people in your neighbourhood that work within the same place you do and you can all take turns to drive the others on a weekly basis. For those with kids this might also be helpful. Identify other parents whose kids attend same school as your child and work out an arrangement to pick the kids in turns. You will be amazed how much fuel you will save by doing this. Car polling is quite common in the western world.

3: PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
You can give your car a break occasionally and hop on a bus or cab. It doesnt pull a hair from your head believe me. And im not talking about taking a drop here, im talking about a regular bus where you sit beside other human beings and pay regular fare like every other person. After my car broke down 2 months ago, i took cab drops a few times but after doing the maths, i realised I'd be spending a minimum of 30,000 naira monthly if i wanted to keep taking drops. So i cautioned myself, ate humble pie,walked to the side of the road, and started taking the regular 'along' cab for 100 naira .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Prophesy On Fuel Subsidy / The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I / Does Nigeria Have An Expiry Date? Twilight Of The Petrostate. (long read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.