Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution (1429 Views)

Am Having Persistent Heaviness Of Head, Any Solution / Battllinv With Chronic Heaviness And Pain In My Head / Blurry Vision: Symptoms, Cause And Cure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 8:03pm On May 15, 2016
Am in the hospital now my brother was transfused with two pint of blood and after the transfusion he started experiencing heaviness in him up to a point that he can't work and when he complained to the doctor he was saying that it's not because of the blood that the reason is that he loose weight before, and they want to transfuse him another two pint. Please can anaemia cause heaviness? won't transfusing him another blood compound The problem? Please i need your help and what might cause it. Thanks
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by ritzyvic1(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2016
I think he is already having adverse transfusion reaction. Tell them to check his PCV (hematocrit), if it's upto 21% and he is not by any means loosing blood, they should defer the remaining pint till the cause of the heaviness has been investigated and fixed.
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 9:13pm On May 15, 2016
ritzyvic1:
I think he is already having adverse transfusion reaction. Tell them to check his PCV (hematocrit), if it's upto 21% and he is not by any means loosing blood, they should defer the remaining pint till the cause of the heaviness has been investigated and fixed.

have checked his PCV and it was 23% . please will the heaviness be clear in a meantime or can it post a problem in his health if it persistent because when he squad he found it difficult to stand up on his own which i have to help him and the doctor now are on strike.
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 9:20pm On May 15, 2016
ritzyvic1:

and the two pint that he was transfused before they have to make it settled cell and since am not medically incline the Lab friend said that it was only red blood cells the make use of leaving the platelets and plasma so am still wondering why they didn't transfused him as it is due to the loss of blood during chemotherapy backed November last year
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by sainty2k3(m): 1:35am On May 16, 2016
talk to your doctors, they are the best person that can help ur brother, they see the whole picture. coming online here will only give u some bizarre info, see someone already talking of transfusion reaction. I bet the person has not witnessed one or have an idea of various form that exist.
its ur brothers right to get information concerning his health from his doctors ,hold dem down till u are satisfied
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by ritzyvic1(m): 2:43am On May 16, 2016
nellybenn:

have checked his PCV and it was 23% . please will the heaviness be clear in a meantime or can it post a problem in his health if it persistent because when he squad he found it difficult to stand up on his own which i have to help him and the doctor now are on strike.

He is definitely gona be fine. The heaviness will clear up in the meantime.......with that PCV of 23%, there is no need continuing with the remaining 2pints.
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 8:05am On May 16, 2016
ritzyvic1:

He is definitely gona be fine. The heaviness will clear up in the meantime.......with that PCV of 23%, there is no need continuing with the remaining 2pints.

Thanks very much am relieved atleast therein lies the hope . Please i will get you updated on how his responding
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 8:14am On May 16, 2016
sainty2k3:
talk to your doctors, they are the best person that can help ur brother, they see the whole picture. coming online here will only give u some bizarre info, see someone already talking of transfusion reaction. I bet the person has not witnessed one or have an idea of various form that exist.
its ur brothers right to get information concerning his health from his doctors ,hold dem down till u are satisfied

Thanks but it's up to a week now my brother starts complaining about it and the doctor didn't prescribe any medication concerning it instead instead he said he needs to be transfused another 2pint of blood, so that's was the reason i came online to seek for another medical advice. but nevertheless can anaemia cause heaviness or what might be the possible cause of the heaviness?
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by sainty2k3(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
nellybenn:

Thanks but it's up to a week now my brother starts complaining about it and the doctor didn't prescribe any medication concerning it instead instead he said he needs to be transfused another 2pint of blood, so that's was the reason i came online to seek for another medical advice. but nevertheless can anaemia cause heaviness or what might be the possible cause of the heaviness?
whatever caused the Anaemia and the anemia itself can cause the ' heaviness'
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 12:53pm On May 16, 2016
sainty2k3:

whatever caused the Anaemia and the anemia itself can cause the ' heaviness'

hope so
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
ritzyvic1:

my brother couldn't make it. I have lost him
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by ritzyvic1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
nellybenn:

my brother couldn't make it. I have lost him

OMG!
It's such a pity. May his soul rest in peace
Please accept my condolence
God knows the best and will grant you and your people the strength to bear the loss
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
ritzyvic1:

OMG!
It's such a pity. May his soul rest in peace
Please accept my condolence
God knows the best and will grant you and your people the strength to bear the loss

Amen.. thanks
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by oluplus(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2016
So sorry about the loss of your brother. May God be with you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by nellybenn: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
oluplus:
So sorry about the loss of your brother. May God be with you and your family.
thanks brother is not been easy
Re: Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution by Trades07: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Fire Consumes Laboratories Of Pharmacy Department, UNN / 100 Best Health & Wellness Entrepreneur Business Ideas For 2018 / Chest And Waist Pain Natural Herbal Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.