Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" (20330 Views)

District 9 Video? / Time Magazine's Depiction Of Nollywood / District 9 Is An Insult To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
the south african health system is in shambles and a complete mess today cos of the wickedness of an average south african.between 1999-2000,there was this nigerian-hating minister of health Dr. Mantombazana 'Manto' Edmie Tshabalala-Msimang.she studied in the soviet union. there were a lot of qualified nigerian doctors in sa.they were subjected to more ridiculous and aggressively humiliating tests and exams.they passed out in flying colours and way ahead of students from sa and other african countries.bt no!this woman is a racist and a corrupt soul (u know,no matter how bad she was,Mbeki kept her in office till 2008.only God knows why) she went to cuba and brought in half-baked doctors where will make more money for herself.today the poor south africans are feeling the pain.a doctor friend of mine got frustrated then and quit.today he is earning big bucks with the UN where he is happily employed by pple who knows his worth.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Feraz(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
5000usd?! Just 4 a knife cut whyl cooking?! Dat's lyk how much in its naira equivalent?
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2009
cos i couldnt be treated,my guy got angry and let them know that we didnt come to beg for free tratment.i was kept bleeding for like 10 mins after i got there cos there was no one at home with me.i managed to call my folks on the fone.that side of my finger is not functioning 2day.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Feraz(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
Awww! Sori about that! Even if u came 4 free treatment, what does it take a doctor 2 bandage 1's hand rather than leaving d person 2 bleed 2 death?! Dats sheer wickedness cry
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by No2Atheism(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2009
1. Am sad to say but it seems the divide and rule tactics of the Europeans is starting to take root and work all over again. This can be seen in the obvious illogical animousity that is currently developing between south africans and other africans.

2. It seems the Europeans (white south africans) are gradually starting to succeed in isolating the south africans from other africans, hence i would not be suprised if death rate amongst blacks is significantly higher and birth rate is significantly lower. History shows that whites would go to any length to steal something that does not belong to them. its sad that some South African blacks cannot see beyond their vuvuzelas.

3. One thing that suprises me is this, if HIV is so rampant in South Africa, how come it is not being reported to be rampant amongst White South Africans (the more i look at this the more i am being forced to consider the possibility that HIV might actually be a biological weapon of some sorts).
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2009
theres more to come for @zulus. i will give him proof of how south africans treat nigerians and the names that we are called cos we go out with thier women.from the SOWETAN SUNDAY WORLD OF 18/6/2000 to YFM radio programm on 20/06/2000. men these niggas better stop coming here to annoy me.what of the then minister of security and safety minister Steve Tshwete whose only knowledge of security is to blame nigerians for whatever happened in sa.just like wada nas and NADECO in those abacha dark days.or the then SAPS (South african police service) chief Jackies selebi whose simple preoccupation was nigerians,even when there was evidence that there was a Jewish hit squad operating in joburg.he choose to ignore that and rather blame nigerians for that.what of the sa cops who will beat u black and blue,tear up ur documents if u fail to give them bribe.when pfroof was given to Selebi by human right orgs,he got angry and told them that they were trying to "teach the Pope catholicism" brain dead idiot.i can go on and on and on.so these fools and weak men better stop posting trash here.they said that south african women going out with nigerians are DESTITUTES when many of them cant perform cos they drink all day and sleep all night.  fools.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2009
@No2Atheism,dont worry cos south african white pple dont f, k.it is only the blacks that have no jobs that occupies their time with womanliness. grin grin   arrant nonsense! and the stupid blacks wont even learn their lessons.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by smokie(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2009
@the_viper: Sorry for the experience you had to endure. Many South Africans have problems though with foreigners who don't contribute anything to the country, not saying all Nigerians do this but if you walk around Joburg's inner city you won't come back with a positive view of most foreigners in South Africa. If you can point me to South African men who go to Nigeria and overstay there visa's we can start chatting, right now its only one-way traffic, I can't go to Naija be a nuisance and expect to be treated with love and kindness.

PS: The fallacy often expressed here that Nigeria helped to "liberate" South Africa, it will remain that. A fantasy, South Africans liberated themselves even when America and UK supported the apartheid government. We were on the streets of this country making it ungovernable for the white minority while Nigerian had a succession of military dictators.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by No2Atheism(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
smokie:

@the_viper: Sorry for the experience you had to endure. Many South Africans have problems though with foreigners who don't contribute anything to the country, not saying all Nigerians do this but if you walk around Joburg's inner city you won't come back with a positive view of most foreigners in South Africa. If you can point me to South African men who go to Nigeria and overstay there visa's we can start chatting, right now its only one-way traffic, I can't go to Naija be a nuisance and expect to be treated with love and kindness.

PS: The fallacy often expressed here that Nigeria helped to "liberate" South Africa, it will remain that. A fantasy, South Africans liberated themselves even when America and UK supported the apartheid government. We were on the streets of this country making it ungovernable for the white minority while Nigerian had a succession of military dictators.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
@smokie,if that is ur opinion,then bless u with it,bt i think that the world knows better than what u have written and that is the mentality of many south africans.bt while u were on the streets figthing,countries were dumping cash on u and hiding and giving ur leaders shelter and education and taking up ur case on the worlds stage.those days are not like todays world of digital cameras,internets and the lots.u would have stayed on the streets for eternity and kept getting killed and no one would have known if not for countries like nigeria.so why did u think that Mandela went personally to these countries to thank them after he came out from jail.pple! u can now see how "grateful" south africans can be.am really not surprised at that statement.south africans are the gentlest pple on planet earth.the mayhem in hillbrow and its environs is not caused by nigerians alone.south africans themselves started the trend.i used to be sore afraid myself going there,bt why blame only the nigerians.the violent criminals in sa are not nigerians,and both of us knows that.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by MadMax1(f): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2009
Lol No2 why are your eyeballs bulging? grin He's telling the truth: Na una liberate South Africa? You sent troops there to bust Mandela outta jail? Nigerians died in all those decades of riots when black SAs fought 'the System' and invented the fist salute? They lifted a finger when the irreplaceable Steve Biko was murdered? I know a lof of Nigerian musicians sang Free Mandela on Nigerian TV: Na dat wan topple apartheid?
Still, a terrible country,SA. So full of hate.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by soloqy: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
Mad_Max:

Lol No2 why are your eyeballs bulging? grin He's telling the truth: Na una liberate South Africa? You sent troops there to bust Mandela outta jail? Nigerians died in all those decades of riots when black SAs fought 'the System' and invented the fist salute? They lifted a finger when the irreplaceable Steve Biko was murdered? I know a lof of Nigerian musicians sang Free Mandela on Nigerian TV: Na dat wan topple apartheid?

Now thats some funny talk(the highlighted line)  grin grin . ROFlol .

So true
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by No2Atheism(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
Mad_Max:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Feraz(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
Now dat's some xperience. U are really biting hard@the viper
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by smokie(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2009
@the viper: You're right. The violent criminals aren't just Nigerian, in fact I'm yet to meet a Nigerian that's violent- even those of the criminal variety. The violent ones are usually South African, Zimbabwean and Mozambican criminals, Nigerians are unfortunately known for drugs, prostitution and running all sorts of scams.

If we're paying back the "debt" for Nigeria's support in harbouring South Africa exiles then we shouldn't be paying it back in foreign-born criminals filling our jails. Have you ever asked yourself why people from Ghana, Liberia, Congo, Ethiopia and Morroco are not viewed with suspicion in SA? Because they're generally peaceful and don't make a nuisance of themselves. Naijaman has lots of enterprise but that trait also often leads him to get into trouble with the law.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by cjfavour(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2009
Nigeria cannot produce a world standard film and that is the fact. That is why S.A will depict Nigeria as they want. If Nigeria want, they should challenge them by depicting them as they want too in producing a world class film, Another thing is that most of what they did there are happening in Nigeria. Or am i wrong?
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2009
@smokie,am glading talking with u cos u are civil,unlike @zulus and @rsa who doesnt know thier dicks from their pricks.yes i will agree with u that nigerians have criminals just like any other country.but there are lots of good nigerians.Willie,Okpara,Ndukwe Chukwu just to mention bt a few are nigerians.there are doctors as well.engineers.the vodacom man of "yebo yes" is a nigerian,Akeem that resides in cape town and have featured in many sa and nigeria films is a nigeria.what of the south africans who are mercinaries,the ones running diamond crooked deals in sierra leone and liberia,the ones doing illegal oil deals in nigeria,the ones running arms deals all over africa and selling arms to rebel groups,do we use them as yard sticks to measure south africa? i dont know if it is complex that makes some of u pick on nigerians.cou u know the common language when u meet a nigerian"hey! nfetu,u think u are clever?" and the violence begins. u dont expect nigerians to take the bullets for u in the townships and soweto just to prove that we helped? we did our bit and we expect u to do urs.we fought for our own independence as well.u have no idea how many nigerians were killed in south africa,both by criminals and the police for fuckall.the only time that nigerians were involved in violent crimes was in august 2001 and both the perps and victims unfortunetly were nigerians.my beef is that u fellows should drop this hatred against ur african brothers.it doesnt help.by the way,i have no way of knowing if south africans over stay their visas in nigeria as am neither an immigration officer nor do i live in nigeria.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
and for ur info,most of these countries operate under the identity of being nigerians.as it is easy to blame us on any thing bad.and talking about morrocans being nice pple,u speak asif u are not a southafrican smokie.what of PAGAD in cape town.who were running that drug ring that was determined to take out all oppositions under the giuse of religion. give me something to talk about my good man.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by smokie(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2009
@the viper: With Pagad, it was quite simple police only had to decapitate its leadership and the threats and violence stopped, hundreds of people weren't killed although many were injured in bombs planted by them. I'm yet to see something like Boko Haram here, the closest we've come were those crazed Zulus who killed lots of people in Boipatong during the negotiation process. But like I said before, SA is hardly the ideal country but nonetheless things work here, there are roads and vital infrastructure that makes life very enjoyable.
You can watch District9 to see the worst of Joburg, the city is hardly attractive but that movie just makes it look decrepid.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2009
Smokie,

You are very right; though not all, Nigerians basically are often a problem anywhere they go. By nature they are very loud, confrontational and aggressive and not many people like those characteristics.

I`ve been to Ghana, Nigerians have started increasing their population in Ghana and sometimes it annoys me to see how some of them go about claiming they are building Ghana. The cheek of it. I weep for the peaceful and law abiding Ghanaians because these international scam artists will wreck their country. They are very lawless.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
Zulus:

Smokie,

You are very right; though not all, Nigerians basically are often a problem anywhere they go. By nature they are very loud, confrontational and aggressive and not many people like those characteristics.

I`ve been to Ghana, Nigerians have started increasing their population in Ghana and sometimes it annoys me to see how some of them go about claiming they are building Ghana. The cheek of it. I weep for the peaceful and law abiding Ghanaians because these international scam artists will wreck their country. They are very lawless.

You have countlessly made derogatory comments about Nigeria and Nigerians, what you have not told us is the personal issue you have. When you are done, I needn't tell you what to do.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Feraz(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2009
U have a personal problem wit 9geria n it has developed into hatred. I'm sure if your wish was granted, u'l wish them off d face of d earth. What's wrong wit being confrontational n aggressive? Oh! U want 2 sit on their rights n ride them while they keep silent?! Hardly can u find a Nigerian man brag. Now from calling them cannibals, u have called them fraudsters(international scam artists) n destroyers(when we shall wreck Ghana). Hu told u we are very lawless? Maybe u haven't come across a gud Nigerian 2 realise how wonderful the people are.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2009
Look y'all, you guys need not bother to reply to @Zulus and co. most especially Zulus because the more you respond to him, you are fueling his rage and anger, ignore him and he shuts up to be the loud mouth he is. Has anyone noticed that when his confronted so much, he leaves the forum and does not respond,  after a while he comes back up with same old story; @Feraz asked a question, he did not answer, I made comparisons, he did not comment, a lot of people brought their own criticisms, he ignored them, I assume you guys should go figure.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by smokie(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2009
When is District9 opening in Naija?
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by helperzz(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2009
@RSA The foolish south african who made that movie made it for a bad purpose to give nigeria a bad so as to produce advantage both in economy and investment why didn't them make movies about notorious armed robbers in south africa any one visiting south africa without strong enough security is bound to be robbed at gunpoint south africa is an AIDS and armed robbery nation apartheid has planted hatred into your minds but get this clear the enemies of NIGERIA/NIGERIANS will fail on the long run 'when the roof of a house is sinks the ceiling is not left standing' nigeria enemies(individuals,corporation,nations) will sink alltogether it is just a matter of time.Spread this message as wide as you could.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by helperzz(m): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2009
@smokie there are no boko haram in south africa but there are silent killers south africa ranks among the highest in crime rate in the world why was not that used as a basis for making film.I once thought nigeria customs were corrupt until i read a story on BBC which talked about people that fled somalia and helping to traffic drug to south africa it was very clear in the story that you can take anything into south africa so far you can bribe at least nigeria custom do seize illegal drugs and contraband goods.If you are going to south africa you need a good prayer in order to return safely back home because south africa is worse in murder matters is worse than iraq
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by helperzz(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2009
@all stop talking about bad nigerians cos there is no bad nigerian any nigerian that has bad characters import it from the whites(south africa,americans,britain) through their films and music every nigerian is good by default.I read some people distinguishing between white and black south africans there is no difference cos it is not the skin that depicts a black man but the characters.They have the same ideology which is against the blacks except the few old ones in south africa.I wonder why south africa has not changed its name to a more western name by removing the africa cos they are no more african.south africa has never solved the problem of its neighbours they only know about exploitation look at zimbabwe for example what has south africa done.Nigeria is still a great leader in africa.And about infrastructure you are boasting of they were mostly built by the deposed apartheid only a few were post apartheid.About AIDS,AIDS is a biological weapon of the west to reduce the population of the blacks in order to maintain their super power,south africa was used as a propelling weapon for AIDS but unfortunately for them the weapon got bruised.Some of the vaccine coming to africa are pre-infected with HIV so children who take vaccine are infected at random.Dont doubt this research as shown that HIV dont survive in the body of horses they are definitely made in the lab for africans go to BBC and do thorough searching you will find this fact there.Africans number 1 enemy are those with/that support the white ideology.Nigeria, Its just a matter of time your enemies will be destituting in you.Nigeria good people great nation.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2009
one thing that i can tell for sure is that @zulus is not a south african and has never set his foot on south african soil.most likely he will be a ghanian.now to the issue at hand.it is sad to see black pple playing along with white to ruin the image of nigeria.the pple who do that have hidden agendas,bt ultimately they will fail.if nigerians are scam artist,then the pple being scammed are accomplices.how? u`ll ask.cos if u are not a criminal or criminally minded,u`ll not want to transfer or keep in ur custody money that u were told was stolen from an african state treasury. the moment u show ur intention to participate in crimes like that,u have opened urself up for a sucker punch and u have no moral or basis for complaining or calling nigerians criminals or scammers. on the issue of drugs.nigerians are not major drug users,and they dont manufacture them.drugs come from the brown pple and for the white pple (so blacks have no business using drugs) the law of demand and supply is for the purpose of making money and nigerians are in the deal to make money by buying from the manufacturer and selling to the user. nigerians are infact minor playaz in the field of things as far as drug deal is concerned.just like i said,sme pple are hell bent on giving nigerians real bad name and have translated that even to our african brothers.we are really not known for violence outside nigeria.on corruption,every country is corrupt,even the mighty USA and their senior brother Britain.what ever goes down in nigeria goes down anyother place.the only beef that these white mo`fuckers have with nigeria is that we dont kiss their white asses like other black nations.they find us to independent for their likings and too stubborn for them to manage.so what do they do?,they plant confusion amongst us and hatred for us around the world.no one talks about countries like mexico that is wiping their fellow citizens out cos of drug route or colombia that is the kidnap-capital of the world.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2009
@smokie,do u know how many south african passports are in circulation around the world and how many foreigners have them.any crime that is commited with that passport will be assumed to have ben commited by south africans.the same thing applies to nigeria.many of our neighbours uses nigerian passport to commit crimes and it will be all over that nigerians are criminals.nigeria is open cos for one we wanted to play the big brother and allowed everyone into our country plus the rampant corruption,the same thing goes for south africa who were eager to please and thank fellow africans for the help they were given during the aparthied time.add that to the big corruption in south africa and u have a situation where pple took advantage of these countries and are doing what they want with impunity.how many pple knows that most of the violent crimes in nigeria are being commited by pple from other countries like niger republic and co.has any1forgotten of "shina rambo`s" reign of terror in nigeria, was he not coming from Benin republic to wreak havoc on nigerians? it is the same in RSA,where most of the violent criminals are zims,mozanbicans and tanzanians.i like intellectual discussions and anyone who doesnt have atleast an average level of iq (pple like @zulus) should plz stop coming to these forums and go suck the white man`s balls.nigerian is no worse or better than any country.we all have our different demons and we should do better by trying to get rid of such demons rather than calling others names and pretending that our countries are the best when they are not.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2009
infrastructures works well in sa.that i will agree with u cos i lived in sa.from joburg to cape town,from PE to Durban.men! i had one hell of a good time there,bt life is not secured.u have to live with doors closed all the time,fences electrified and drive with ur car windows rolled up.and @smokie,if u have rolled with 9ijas,u will agree with me that we are a fun pple to be with.never mind the bad-intended criticisms and shit.we can bring life and sheer electricity to any atmosphere.we are not loud,just it is our nature to talk in high voices, and almost all of us likes the joy of snappy and good dressing.these are combinations that women find hard to resist.for pple like zulus,it is simple envy and jealousy cos he will always come last when he is among nigerians and that shit pains like hell. a man like u making u to feel like a pussy.i sympathise with u @zulus,bt my advice to u is that hatred wont improve ur poor economy or ur low self-esteem.my advice again,since u cant beat us,make an effort to join us. SHALOM
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2009
No matter how much y'all try to convince this @Zulus guy, bottom line is that this f**king nigga has a problem with Nigerians and has biased opinions about Nigeria. No matter how much u try, you trying in vain. He just can't live with the fact that Nigerians are better and are gradually becoming the best.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by asha80(m): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2009
manny4life:

No matter how much y'all try to convince this @Zulus guy, bottom line is that this f**king nigga has a problem with Nigerians and has biased opinions about Nigeria. No matter how much u try, you trying in vain. He just can't live with the fact that Nigerians are better and are gradually becoming the best.

in what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBTitans: Sandra And Olivia Fight (Video) / BBNaija: Princess Francis Debunks Car Gift Reports / Official Thread For Gotham Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.