Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward (12388 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Celebrates 57th Birthday With A Game Of Thrones Inspired Cake / 7 Reasons Why FG Is Moving To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 3:01pm On May 16, 2016
For more than 11 months now, I have been viewing as guest mostly in political section, entertainment and business, political section is my favorite, my experiences for the past eleven months motivated me to sign in, one thing I noticed during my observation period was some tribalism, hatred and jealousy by some individuals, there are major culprits which I don't want to mention here, you know them, sometime I ask myself how can this nation move forward with so much hatred, jealousy in this beautiful country God blessed us with, he gave us every thing from North east west and south, God blessed all the tribes in Nigeria one thing or more, but our major problem is how to harness and manage our God giving resources, I believe the three major tribes are to be blame. same hatred and Jealousy pushed Nigeria to the first civil war that millions of souls were lost in both side, thank God we came together, but have we learn from our mistakes, I don't think so, some time I believe black man is natural wicked, just check around you and beyond, all African countries same thing is holding blacks down, because of poverty and quest for political power African man can commit any kind of atrocities just to acquire power and once he succeed he /she will practically forget his manifesto to the poor masses that voted him/her in, and their political sycophants (willing tools) they sell their conscience for peanuts, they are after their stomach and immediate family, our great economics once says "Our recent history has shown that it hardly matters where the occupant of a particular position comes from. I am not sure how the welfare of Ota/Ogun people changed because Obasanjo was president of Nigeria, or how the man in the street of Katsina or Otuoke/Bayelsa prospered more than others simply because their son became president". Region that motivated me to write this are Igbos in eastern region, this was a region that their land was leveled by Nigeria military force and their allies, they virtually lost every thing, shelter, food, cash and some of their properties outside Igboland, I don't want to blame any body for the souls and misfortunes that we experienced as a nation during and after the war, if you have travel round this country you will understand my point, if you are not easterner and probably visiting east for the first time your feelings and perception will be a deserted region and possibly village as we watch in home movies, that was my and so many of my friends, when I was opportune to visit east do to the nature of my job, before I got to Asaba airport I was like wow! moving down towards Onitsha bridge here come another beautiful skyline we have in this nation, Onitsha high rises were standing like Chines soldiers on parade grin the bridge look so beautiful and the road when I got to Owerri that was were my Job took me to very lovely city I had funny in owerri, there was never a dull moment, same job took me to Enugu and Umuahia, but before I got to Enugu we went through Awka another beautiful city within Anambra, journey to Enugu was rough because of bad federal road but when we arrived it was getting later, although the city was light up and there was night life, Enugu to me is well planned city after ABJ, people I met were very calm and easy going, Umuahia too look very beautiful, but one thing I kept asking my self, this was a region I had different perception of, this was a region that lost all their properties during the war, and I was assuming the region was deserted because of large numbers of Igbos we have in Lagos, Abuja and every nooks and crannies of this nation and beyond, you don't blame me because I thought the hardship they faced during and after Nigeria civil war would have pushed majority them out of their region, coupled with the policies out political elites initiated after the war, I realized Igbos has indomitable spirit, hate them, jealousy them you can never kill their spirits, you can see them how they are pulling the strings in education, Innovation, commerce and industry, art, entertainment and sport, east to me, has the highest number of human resourses in Nigeria, Igbos produced great men and women such as Nnamdi Azikiwe, Micheal Opara, Alvan Ikokwu,Okadigbo, Akani Ibim, Achebe, Chika Obi, Oby, Aunty Dora, Kanu, Okocha, Chioma Ajuwa, Genevieve, P square, Don jazzy, Chima umunna, Soludo, Pat Utomi, Innoson, Tony Elumalu, Chimamanda, and others greats sons and daughters of Igbo, other Nigeria also contributed but just imagine Nigeria without Igbos? How do we unite with love to build a great nation, we are so divided now, we hate, kill and envy ourselves can we succeed? I guess with love,peace and unity in North, west, south and east we will over come the challenges we are passing through, but the question who will unite Us?

For those of us who have not been to east here is the videos and pictures that I viewed as a guest yesterday and today that made me to join nairaland family, Onitsha video wowed me, although I passed through the road on my way to Owerri, but what surprised me how these guys were able to do this few years after losing the war? it now goes to the quote from our great economics our recent history has shown that it hardly matters where the occupant of a particular position comes from. I am not sure how the welfare of Ota/Ogun people changed because Obasanjo was president of Nigeria, or how the man in the street of Katsina or Otuoke/Bayelsa prospered more than others simply because their son became president , second video and third Innoson Chuku, I was able to read his biography, what a great man that started from scratch and got to the level in a short time without coming from region that had dominated political power.

Patriotic citizen

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Destined2win: 3:22pm On May 16, 2016
ok

3 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by realjoker(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2016
Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by realjoker(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2016
OK, we don hear u and thanks for your contribution.

4 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 3:36pm On May 16, 2016
sorry for the videos, still learning the process, this was eastern pictures I was able to safe.

From patriotic citizen

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by TheNonce: 3:51pm On May 16, 2016
grin

This thread is meant to placate disgruntled ipob youths!

Good luck with that o.p!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 3:58pm On May 16, 2016
realjoker:
OK, we don hear u and thanks for your contribution.

Brother question that is bordering me, what will unite all tribes to be able to build a great nation and be patriotic to the mother land? not political patriotism from politicians and their sycophants, those who preach what they don't practice

9 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:15pm On May 16, 2016
Op they will soon come for your head. But it doesnt matter becos they will never understand.

They have not been in a history class room before to know the discrimination the East passed through after the war in political policies. Neither have they been to the East before.

They will soon come to show their high level of ignorance here.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 4:30pm On May 16, 2016
The three videos that marveled me yesterday, to be sincere I viewed each of these videos more than five times since yesterday, I really appreciate their zeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDgAskQDGeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VOu9Ofrgb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxasvi6YIM

May God bless all tribes and unite us

Patriotic Citizen

11 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Sctests: 4:32pm On May 16, 2016
Will the yorubas like this thread? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 4:35pm On May 16, 2016
Sctests:

Please bro I beg you in God's name not here, let us uphold things that bind us together not things that divide us.

Nigerians good people great nation

Patriotic citizen

19 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by salabscholar01(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2016
o.k
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Sctests: 4:42pm On May 16, 2016
dontaskdonttell:

Please bro I beg you in God's name not here, let us uphold things that bind us together not things that divide us.

Nigerians good people great nation

Patriotic citizen

I only asked a harmless question. Infact the question has been answered with yorubas call you IPOB already. grin
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 4:53pm On May 16, 2016
Sctests:

I only asked a harmless question. Infact the question has been answered with yorubas call you IPOB already. grin

Thanks! We can never run away from our shadows, PEACE COME TO THOSE WHO SEEK PEACE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:09pm On May 16, 2016
Op, why are you praising other tribes for the development in the east?

The easterners have been the sole of their own development.

Look deep in those pictures and tell me if you see a project financed by the federal government or any other tribe in Nigeria.

These are the folks taunting easterners for being politically irrelevant while they gloat on how their fathers "leveled" the east.

The east has been on a silent revolution with every state working hard to outshine the other, the healthy competition is what you see in those pictures.

29 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 5:11pm On May 16, 2016
Who will unite all tribes that we all will be proud of our nation love and live in peace.

how can we be proud when we see this color flying? We are so divided more than ever before, open any social media you will understand even our leaders in all political parties are not doing anything to pull us out from this, Africans are natural wicked.

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 5:13pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:
Op, why are you praising other tribes for the development in the east?

The easterners have been the sole of their own development.

Look deep in those pictures and tell me if you see a project financed by the federal government or any other tribe in Nigeria.

These are the folks taunting easterners for being politically irrelevant while they gloat on how their fathers "leveled" the east.

The east has been on a silent revolution with every state working hard to outshine the other, the healthy competition is what you see in those pictures.

Carefully read my post, I know it individual efforts
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by YourMrBoo: 5:18pm On May 16, 2016
That onitsha video came at the right time...

People were shocked especially those that have not visited the east...

Our God is good... And in near future there will be a city more populous than lagos born in the east...

Thank you

26 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:35pm On May 16, 2016
YourMrBoo:
That onitsha video came at the right time...

People were shocked especially those that have not visited the east...

Our God is good... And in near future there will be a city more populous than lagos born in the east...

Thank you
enugu would shock you too

10 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:39pm On May 16, 2016
These folks said East was a cave that is why igbos run away..i laugh at them

More onitsha

12 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:44pm On May 16, 2016
They wer busy making mouth with Lagos, East was silently developing. When the east spread their wings and fly, we go know who strong pass

5 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Abagworo(m): 5:45pm On May 16, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

This thread is meant to placate disgruntled ipob youths!

Good luck with that o.p!

This is what the IPOB youths want destroyed. The sweat of their fathers after a genocidal civil war. Today some people are looking for ways to cause another war so that we start from the scratch again.

2 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by otukpo(f): 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
We should refrain from all these tribalistic threads.

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by focus7: 5:50pm On May 16, 2016
What should an Igbo man do better than to promote the Igbos interest. No kudos op.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
Most peaceful region in nigeria - UNN

Those making fun of ipob should know the development of the east got momentum ever since the cry of biafra got louder

7 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
otukpo:
We should refrain from all these tribalistic threads.
if it's a thread to insult aba or any other eastern state now, you and your merry men would jump on it...you won't think it's tribalistic then, would you?

15 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by dontaskdonttell: 5:59pm On May 16, 2016
The thread has been invaded by tribal worries, seriously we need God intervention in this country.

Who will unite us? That my humble question

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by fx45(m): 6:02pm On May 16, 2016
Sctests:
Never!

Anyway, it seems the OP is Yoruba... From all indications. Unfortunately, his brethren will soon invade this thread with bile and antagonism. They will also most likely label him IPOD YOOT.

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by killsmith(f): 6:05pm On May 16, 2016
I thought i was the only one who admire the high rise buildings in onitsha....

10 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by comodo: 6:09pm On May 16, 2016
They believe in "until you bring Ur wealth home. you will not be considered a rich fella." Some even put up edifices in their state while living as a tenant in Ur compound. was shocked when we went on a condolence visit for a co tenant in NRI town. our jaws dropped when we saw his state of d art mansion in his village. We fear no be small.

19 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 6:10pm On May 16, 2016
dontaskdonttell:
sorry for the videos, still learning the process, this was eastern pictures I was able to safe.

From patriotic citizen

Op thanks for your observation

if you are not easterner and probably visiting east for the first time your feelings and perception will be a deserted region and possibly village as we watch in home movies, that was my and so many of my friends

Really! probably you guys think those in east live like monkeys grin grin

Anyway thanks for the wonderful piece!

5 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 6:21pm On May 16, 2016
Easterners are doing great

Onitsha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Sylvester Ezeani, INEC Commissioner Over N223bn Diezani Bribe / Canadian Governor General, Explains Why Nigeria Must Own Comm Satellite / Buhari congratulates China On 100th Anniversary Of Ruling Communist Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.