Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,238 members, 7,780,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:59 PM

Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode (38539 Views)

Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is / A Test For Whether Lagos Is Truly An Oil Producing State Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by emamos: 5:24pm On May 16, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday declared that Lagos has officially joined the League of Oil Producing States in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil by Tunde Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited in Badagry, Lagos.
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode (right), receiving a sample of the Crude Oil discovered in the State by the Group Managing Director, Tunde Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited, Mr. Tunde Folawiyo during a courtesy visit to the Governor, at the Lagos House, Ikeja on Monday, May 16, 2016.
Governor Ambode who made the declaration when the management of the company led by the Group Managing Director, Mr. Tunde Folawiyo paid him a courtesy visit at the Lagos House, Ikeja, commended the firm for their doggedness to achieve the feat after 25 years of hard work, saying that by the provision of Section 162 Sub-Section 2 of the Nigeria Constitution, Lagos has become an oil producing State.
He declared, “I want to thank you very much for this and I say it with all conviction because I know that based on section 162 Sub-Section 2 of the Nigeria Constitution, Lagos becomes an oil producing state and by virtue of this, the 13 percent derivation that is due to oil producing states, Lagos will start to partake from it by your very good gesture.
So we officially declare Lagos State as an oil producing state, we also notify the Federal Government by this action that we would be sharing out of the 13 percent derivation. So all we need do is to apply and then we join.”
Governor Ambode also said that the feat has not only placed Lagos in the history books as the first state outside the Niger Delta to become an oil producing State, but has also opened up a new page for revenue generation in the State.
“It also means that by the additional revenue that is coming from this action, we would have more resources to provide infrastructure for Lagosians and this is what we want other investors and businessmen to emulate, so that beyond the issue of profit, you are actually creating impact on people without them necessarily knowing that it is actually coming from a venture like this that you have embarked on,” he said.
He said the resilience of the Tunde Folawiyo Petroleum Company, an indigenous firm has shown the possibilities and opportunities for investors and businessmen willing to commit their resources to boost local production.
“I want to commend what you have done, it’s a sign that you believe so much in Lagos State. I want to congratulate you, I want to showcase you as a very good example of a dogged entrepreneur, as someone who believes in Nigeria because that’s what you epitomize here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/lagos-now-officially-oil-producing-state-ambode/

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by emamos: 5:25pm On May 16, 2016
Eko o ni baje lailai

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by madridguy(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2016
EKO O NI BAJE.

O BAJE TI DOT COM.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 16, 2016
OK any letter to that effect from RMFAC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by chikel2000(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2016
Now oil is found in all southern Nigeria. Just waiting for oil in the northern part so dat everyone will rest. Just tired of hw FG is using niger delta as a mere dumping ground, pollution everywhere

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by omooba969(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2016
Ipob crew una don hear?

No more our oyel, our oyel, our oyel...grin

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by omowolewa: 5:29pm On May 16, 2016
Goodluck
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2016
Congratulations to the people of Lagos and Yorubas in general

209 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by raker300: 5:31pm On May 16, 2016
Very bad move...trust me, oil is more of a curse than a blessing. Hope they clean up after every spillage

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by DRISKLEF(m): 5:31pm On May 16, 2016
Are you sure you aint tryna 'zobo' me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by YourMrBoo: 5:31pm On May 16, 2016
That's good...

Let's now know if the yorubas will let the SSandSE reunion rest

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by kossyablaze(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2016
YourMrBoo:
That's good...

Let's now know if the yorubas will let the SSandSE reunion rest
I wish they would just say to ur tents o Israel!

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Burger01(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2016
Eko o ni baje... O baje ti! smiley

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by jollymizzle(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
thank you o j'ere.good man

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by argon500: 5:54pm On May 16, 2016
South West states are progressing while some region are bombing their land.

eko o ni baje ooo

Oodua a gbewa oo

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
why congratulate only yorubas and not nigerians?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
God!!! In the next creation I still want to be born as Yoruba. Proudly Yoruba

151 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by hucienda: 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
Congratulations to the people of Lagos.

err... Will Lagos now be part of the Niger Delta?

Will the Avengers avenge for them in the future?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by babydioku(f): 6:02pm On May 16, 2016
"Lagos oil belongs to jigawa". Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2016
UNECboi:
why congratulate only yorubas and not nigerians?
Extra 13% for them

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by OlujobaSamuel: 6:06pm On May 16, 2016
make my papa do quick renovate our property ooo, I must make am for the next oil boom. abeg, no ask me how.
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 16, 2016
Lagos will soon be feeding the whole Country!
Also the South West will soon be having sufficient Gas to power the turbines in the region.
I wonder what some certain set of people will be saying by 2018 after the Completion of Lekki Port, Badagry Deep Seaport and Dangote Refinery!

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by omenka(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2016
Congrats to Lagosians and the SW. smiley

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by omenka(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I swear by God, I didn't read your comment before posting mine, but their similarity ... Smh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by dunkem21(m): 6:19pm On May 16, 2016
Congratulations to Lagosians !

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by omenka(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:
Very bad move...trust me, oil is more of a curse than a blessing. Hope they clean up after every spillage
It all depends on the people managing it. Tell that to the people of UAE, Qatar, Iran, Russia, and they'd tell you you're a mad man. cheesy

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by LieDetector(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
OK... Congrats to them
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by jaybee3(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:

Oil at depth of 1000 feet?

Are you sure?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by seunny4lif(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2016
grin grin
SW ooooooh grin grin
Oil in Ondo, Ogun and Lagos grin grin grin grin grin
Some people will not like this news grin grin

We get original weed plant in Ose local government grin
Don't ask me how ooooh grin
Our oyel grin

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by prelinctus: 6:22pm On May 16, 2016
Congrats
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by bender79: 6:23pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:
Bad belle

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by thesicilian: 6:32pm On May 16, 2016
Great. Lagos is one of the few states that has consistently had good governance - from BAT to BRF and now AMBO. With this extra income from oil, not to talk of the new jobs and other benefits, it can only get better.

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Loses His Leg After Running Into An IED While Fighting Boko Haram.Photos / I do not know the woman: Diri Dismisses Claims Of Leaking Sifuba's Sextape / Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.