Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode (38584 Views)

Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is / A Test For Whether Lagos Is Truly An Oil Producing State Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by habsydiamond(m): 8:05am On May 17, 2016
The most excelling state in nigeria. With this new development lagos will continue to boom in greatness like Guinness. Eko o ni daru ooo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by damocool(m): 8:17am On May 17, 2016
Harvesthomes:
@damocool you will see soon enough more resources will be discovered.I will keep the names and minerals secret,there's tons more that are yet to be discovered.Ekiti wil greatly benefit you will see...I'm a Niger Deltan Man i won't quote my source but there are huge reserves there..
I was at Osun the first time in my Life and even in a state people say idol this and that,i've never witnessed the Holyspirit manifested the way it did in me,riches are all over in Osun if nott for minerals..we need to oppen our eyes.

I'm too stressed n tired to do some serious typo...bear with me..( 10hours research daily).

@mmsen i agree the North is leeching the south seriously as a matetr of fact the statee is been run with a fraudulent style that's an off-shoot of the Islamic system,many of we South-South are married to the South West what do we do,we have tried dialogue and dialogue what do we do...i went to visit somee oil areas some years back,i'm a though black man but i was weeping at the poverty in the lives of the children,the youths were wasting away.I'm preparing my bags to go back community to community to start teaching some of my skills though.Anytime from this or next year.

I wish the yorubas would listen,On the long run the whole country suffers under this fraudulent system,i went too a motel within an estate to buy recharge card around 11pm becuase i needed to make an international call,my goodness i lost fate in the girls i saw,over 1000 girls beautiful pretty Christian looking fine girls hanging in a small area looking for people that weren't much these girls were our sisters Hausa Yoruba and Igbos cause opportunities in the country are too finite...let's not forget if the mining sector is well opened up processing companies would spring up,packaging companies,logistics,research and development,the geological chemistry physics name it overrall productivity of the country,so as a South South man i always teach where i go support each other so we can grow..I envy the potentials of Kogi Benue Nassarawa Jos for example but are they been harnessed because of " the Niger Deltans are against us and will be calling for their resources if they developed "

I hope we speak the truth and forget the divides Righteousness exalts a nation,it is lies that are reproach,moreso this world with the proliferation of Nuclear war heads everywhere won't last too long so why bottle up our potentials and resources ?

Please tell me anyone

Yes! I am not disputing the facts that there are solid minerals house by those terrains but the fact still remains that no oil reserves in those areas...
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by ofedegbe(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin
SW ooooooh grin grin
Oil in Ondo, Ogun and Lagos grin grin grin grin grin
Some people will not like this news grin grin

We get original weed plant in Ose local government grin
Don't ask me how ooooh grin
Our oyel grin

Ondo has been in oil production for more than 3 decades. You making it sound like they are new in the business.
Anyways congrats to Lagos
Welcome to the brotherhood

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 8:22am On May 17, 2016
Lokospirit:
For those of you clamouring for division of this great nation it is now obvious that the yorubas will never suffer because we have all it take to stand as a nation, our economy is already diversified, if its oil we dey, abi na cocoa we dey ,even cassava .so if u think u think are feeding the country no problem but don't forget that some regions fed the nation before now and your so called niger delta were not Cameroon then ,.....bunch of olodo.

The reason you should be bold enough to be independent not relying on Almajiris to rule you like goats.
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Harvesthomes: 8:22am On May 17, 2016
@damocool time will tell.

Not sounding like Ondo's new pardon my mis-representation perhaps i meant more considering the terrain.

Goodluck to you guys who see it as a tribal heritage...I'm from the oil region both father and mother's side where a refinery is hosted.It fundamentally means next to nothing to me.I've never benefited indirectly or directly from it...Oil has caused too much problems,We are even wishing it away
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by theV0ice: 8:37am On May 17, 2016
GreatSE:

The reason you should be bold enough to be independent not relying on Almajiris to rule you like goats.

The same Almajiris will rule and ride you like a donkey in 2019.

Abi didn't your son Ekwueremadu go with his red cap as chairman of His committee to zone presidency to them?

In fact, have they not been riding, ruling and running you like dogs since 1959?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Ariani: 8:37am On May 17, 2016
Well in theory, Ghana found oil too, but in practice, the oil was not in enough commercial quantity to effect any economic transformation in Ghana.
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Blitzeee(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
Now let us pray that the curse of the oil will not affect Lagos state
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by ofedegbe(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2016
Harvesthomes:
@scholes if you were this humble in your first statement i would have explained.I'm not a yoruba man.But i know deeply there's oil in Ekiti it will take time but would be discovered...even thru to Ondo..Tired from day's work can't elucidate extensively..do some research

Oil production has been going on in Ondo for about 3 decades now. Don't tell me you don't know about that

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Harvesthomes: 8:55am On May 17, 2016
@Ofedegbe read...increased quantity i re-emphasized on that.Don't you read the monthly allocation issued by the office of ministry of finance to see the outputs?
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 8:57am On May 17, 2016
booqee:
ur comment alone is inviting God to curse you and your generation...

undecided I don't argue with dirty yoruba girls.
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by mmsen: 9:00am On May 17, 2016
damocool:

Yes! I am not disputing the facts that there are solid minerals house by those terrains but the fact still remains that no oil reserves in those areas...

Oil is not the only means of acquiring wealth or development.

The rest of the world (and individuals in Lagos) are using solar and other renewable energy and some people remain fixated on oil in 2016?

Why is the north not pursuing solar farms as a way of powering industry? That would make more sense than obsessing over a dirty fossil fuel.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Ryabcool(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2016
kossyablaze:
I wish they would just say to ur tents o Israel!
are we the ones holding your destiny? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by tefund(m): 9:34am On May 17, 2016
it is one thing to discover oil,it is another to strike it in a commercial quantity to attract serious investors fund and in the face of expected dwindling price and environmental pollution with attendant social unrest,it does not call for celebration .I think mineral wealth cannot make a country rich .it only enrich a few...we should move away from this third world mentality of raw material exportation that does not add value to total industrialization,mechanized agriculture,ict,tourism and sport recreation,human capital development,scientech research and development, intellectual property ,fishing,forestry,manufacturing,etc .These Will create stable jobs and Pull Million Of Nigerian Out Of Poverty Faster Than The Discovery Of Trillions Of Reserve Of Gold,oil,silver ,diamond In A Particular Place.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Ugosample(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2016
see what our politicians have caused
Division everywhere
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Mbediogu(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2016
haul:

Don't be hasty man.
Lagos have good environmental laws in place,
When it comes to civility in business SW is second to none,
And there are proper nations who have managed oil without distorting their lands,
The oil discovered in lagos is offshore which means everything is done on water not land.
And don't compare I majority ethnic group who has produce astute politicians and leaders in every stratosphere of the nation that can influence things their way. The numbers don't favor minority group of SS.

You have no experience in matters like this. Moreover your comments are more political than geo-scientific. So why don't we wait and see? You have also not considered the 'omonile' influence.
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by iamord(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2016
Ariani:
Well in theory, Ghana found oil too, but in practice, the oil was not in enough commercial quantity to effect any economic transformation in Ghana.
that was before major discoveries in 07.. The oil and gas if channeled wisely will bring around am economic transformation
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by mapet: 10:35am On May 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

My problem with oil is that we do not really control the price.

Then there is the fact that more and more countries are producing oil....including nations that used to be our major buyers.Which further lowers the price.

I am not a fan of oil. Innovation is the answer. Let us become a manufacturing society...so at least we can export stuff whose prices we can set.

To want to control the price is a wrong approach to seeing the big picture. Innovation is embedded in Oil and Gas business and it was what brought it to this state and will deliver more. Our leaders in the past had been on the back foot.

Crude oil has over 19 direct derivatives, and to the best of my knowledge we're just scratching the 4th. When you go into the realm of Gas, over 10 different industries (modestly speaking) can be spun-off. If we have set our objective on maximising the full value chain, we would have been making more in terms of revenues, price or no price. Do you know in some countries, governments make so much money to the extent that bonafide citizens are even given cash returns from oil returns?

Oil is what triggered the American industrialisation in the 1800s. I recommend you read the book, "The Prize" by Daniel Yergin...............

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by damocool(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2016
mmsen:

Oil is not the only means of acquiring wealth or development.

The rest of the world (and individuals in Lagos) are using solar and other renewable energy and some people remain fixated on oil in 2016?

Why is the north no pursuing solar farms as a way of powering industry? That would make more sense than obsessing over a dirty fossil fuel.
Bros, I am not really considering oil as the only means to amass wealth but refuting the claims of possibilities of oil reserves in those areas. I am also from SW bro.....
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Sensicut(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2016
raker300:
Very bad move...trust me, oil is more of a curse than a blessing. Hope they clean up after every spillage
u can say that in eastern part of nigeria not yoruba land because we have leaders and we respect elders

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by damocool(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2016
Harvesthomes:
@damocool time will tell.

Not sounding like Ondo's new pardon my mis-representation perhaps i meant more considering the terrain.

Goodluck to you guys who see it as a tribal heritage...I'm from the oil region both father and mother's side where a refinery is hosted.It fundamentally means next to nothing to me.I've never benefited indirectly or directly from it...Oil has caused too much problems,We are even wishing it away
I don't have any connections with oil, I am from SW.. I am only opposing the claims abt those areas as regards to oil reserves as a geologist...
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by jpphilips(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2016
ubcandid:

its not about the coast but the sedimentary basins and formations deposited along the coast.

So you think it will deposit on Nigeria's coast, jump ghana, deposit on Angola jump Ivory coast abi?
everybody on the coast surely have oil, the question is how much? the formation of Gulf of Guinea is nearly the same along the WA coast, leave the rest of your jargons for school leavers.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by kossyablaze(m): 11:36am On May 17, 2016
Ryabcool:
are we the ones holding your destiny? grin grin grin
get lost
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by ubcandid(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2016
jpphilips:

So you think it will deposit on Nigeria's coast, jump ghana, deposit on Angola jump Ivory coast abi?
everybody on the coast surely have oil, the question is how much? the formation of Gulf of Guinea is nearly the same along the WA coast, leave the rest of your jargons for school leavers.

Oga oooo. I didn't bother to check your profile and as these is a faceless forum I wouldn't like to start throwing jabs or insult at people. From my post on this thread you can see that I didn't tow the line of dissidents against the prospectus of Lagos or SW having oil. I guess you are a SW by Gods grace I am from Akwa ibom and I am just through with my BEng in petroleum Engineering preparing for service.
The thread had taken an unexpected detour from the initial ideal behind the post and from my look at issues on this post, some engineers/scientists were trying to shed light on some grey areas but because of the bigotry and ethnic hate that has greeted the thread every post of enlightenment is now taken as an insult or affront. I can't use a page to school/enlighten you on the technicalities of a source rock, igneous rock, sedimentary rock/basin and formations. I have never done an appraisal of Lagos fields so I can't say if Lagos or ekiti have oil bearing recoverable and viable formations but I was trying to correct erroneous beliefs on the technicalities of crude deposits.

please don't always resort to insult when dealing with people. I understand that it is becoming the status quo to win an argument here. I know you are not relevant intellectually to my field and posts by engineer/scientists whether SS or SW are all having a homogeneous conformity.
what you think you know on this is far bigger than you.
and my words are not jargons

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Joarams(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2016
thesicilian:
Great. Lagos is one of the few states that has consistently had good governance - from BAT to BRF and now AMBO. With this extra income from oil, not to talk of the new jobs and other benefits, it can only get better.

Now you see what a foresighted man BRF was...he already started the infrastructure (road and rail) to open up the Badagry axis for business.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by ubcandid(m): 12:21pm On May 17, 2016
jpphilips:

in my local government we have over 70 oil wells that were drilled over 30 years ago, I wasn't even born then but they are still corked till now. why? some are marginal for the company: the formations may be complex and spending on them may not be viable in the long run. there are so many engineering and economical decisions to take over this.
the same applies to the whole of Niger delta. there are so many corked wells for decades. the Lagos field is not even producing what many onshore fields are producing in Niger Delta.
if your rational of thinking is right then the whole local governments in Niger Delta would be producing oil, but that is far from the truth. cross river and even down to Cameroon should be producing as much as the other regions.
Do you known that it is cheaper to produce oil in the Arab lands fulilled with deserts than any where around the world? do you know why that is possible and why huge amounts of oil are found there even onshore??
you can't argue my discipline with me. if you tell me your field of endeavour I may not be able to grabble with you but the fact that I am a novice at yours doesn't make me stupid or mean I should resort to sneering on you to make a point.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by bofoy(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2016
LAGOS REMAINS NO MAN'S LAND
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Ryabcool(m): 2:17pm On May 17, 2016
kossyablaze:
get lost
get found. Refurbished Ode grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by swezenberg(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2016
Alokendra:

We feel your pain. My only question is where was all our southern leaders when all these daylight robberies were happening? GEJ had the opportunity to correct most of these errors, rather he sucked their balls further in a bid to win his reelection.

But biafrans do not have that quantity. It is the Nigerdelta that I feel their shoe except you want to forcefully take what belongs to the Nigerdelta people
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 17, 2016
kinglee1:

undecided I don't argue with dirty yoruba girls.
boring

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by kossyablaze(m): 11:26pm On May 17, 2016
Ryabcool:
get found. Refurbished Ode grin
omo ale jati jati
Re: Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode by Ryabcool(m): 12:04am On May 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
omo ale jati jati
omo iran kiran tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC / Young Soldier, Umar, Killed In The North-west, Brother Mourns (Photos) / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.