Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. (19284 Views)

Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) / Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by CzarChris(m): 4:52am On May 17, 2016
A very good friend of mine wants to apply for a masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering in one university and Water Resources Engineering in another university, both schools are Federal Universities. Now he will surely secure admission to study both of them since he had a distinction(4.87) in the PGD he did(both courses are in Civil Engineering department).
I asked him to choose one, but he said that he wants to do both at the same time, cause he has a passion for one and the other is because of his career path. He asked for my advice, and I couldn't come up with anything, so I brought it to the house for experienced people to give me the best advice for him.

First of all is it even legal to run two masters at the same time?

Matured responses only please.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by menstrualpad: 4:57am On May 17, 2016
It's not advisable. If both schools are serious academically he'll regret it. It's better he does them sequentially.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by babyfaceafrica: 7:01am On May 17, 2016
Trouble dey sleep,your friend go wake am....if he wants to do two masters at once...he should just choose one an NOUN and the other at another school..if he tries anoda option..na dead be that o...he dey claim scholar abi...masters is not beans o

18 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by faruz: 10:33am On May 17, 2016
...... what is masters ...... d only masters i knw of is the one in tennis...........

8 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:33am On May 17, 2016
choose ilorin and ibadan grin then you go know say hell is real grin grin grin grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by haywire07(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2016
Money na koko sha

But no try am with architecture sha undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by ALAYORMII: 10:33am On May 17, 2016
Very possible if you can cope and can afford it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 17, 2016
what is the possibility of killing two birds with a stone?

7 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by elitebliss(f): 10:34am On May 17, 2016
He just want to show himself.nothing wrong sha,but he is going to spend and be stressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by teehay45(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2016
Its not possible to run the two, even if it is! He can't cope
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 17, 2016
Please tell him to go ahead. Experience is the best teacher smiley

I dunno y i replied this. I shouldnt have **hits head on the wall**

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by real2josh(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2016
If he's up to the task, he can go ahead.... After all master's program does not require a regular attendance as compared to its bachelor's degree counterpart

4 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:35am On May 17, 2016
Depends on what the Senate of the institution prescribes; for instance, you can not be granted admission to study two programmes in the same university.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2016
You can if you are not working...

I have a friend studying for MBA and Msc in accounting at the same time..

I'm working and also studying for My MBA and PGDE National Teachers Institute Same time cool cool cool cool
lol and I'm also active here on Nairaland cool cool

Multi-task Noni

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by adezjamz(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2016
undecided
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by redrumz(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2016
Who double masters degree epp?. Nigerians and certificates

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by flokii: 10:36am On May 17, 2016
Ur friend must be d hardworking type

It's possible but with stress & time

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by onac16: 10:36am On May 17, 2016
It's possible, I know of someone that is presently running two
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
choose ilorin and ibadan grin then you go know say hell is real grin grin grin grin
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by ochallo: 10:38am On May 17, 2016
What is difficult in saying I'm the one that is thinking of doing it. ?Why must people say it's their friend all the time.?

To the question you don't need to do two things at the same time, you only need to do one thing really really well and then experience a domino effect in other areas of your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:38am On May 17, 2016
Am here learning wink
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by cybriz82(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2016
Kaiii sum people need to b fold n send bk to der mother 's womb.u ask him to choose 1 he said no,,,n u no lock up.ok here is my advise lemme consult d oracle 1st brb.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Betheluponi(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Very possible if you can cope and can afford it

So who dat man don epp now...
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by ShitHead(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2016
Who Degree don Ep?
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Dollyak(f): 10:42am On May 17, 2016
It might be possible with crap courses from crap universities but not from top Universities. One masters is challenging enough let alone two...

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by TrollTrap: 10:43am On May 17, 2016
I don't know much about those courses but they sure don't sound easy...
I suggest he focus on one so his attention won't be divided and his performance won't suffer if he tries both.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Adesiji77: 10:45am On May 17, 2016
Why the hurry now? Whatever happens to "one at a time"? angry
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Analorgue(m): 10:45am On May 17, 2016
if he thinks he can handle them both, screw the stress and not go crazy, go for it man
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Shakur86(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2016
Nigerians and certificate

yet we have a certificateless President.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by claremont(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2016
If it's possible to do a Masters degree whilst working at the same time, it's definitely possible to run 2 Masters programme at the same time. It will be challenging, but it's possible.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by ALAYORMII: 10:48am On May 17, 2016
Betheluponi:

So who dat man don epp now...

Ask ur head
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by neolboy(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2016
wat is the essence of the madness

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC / Waliyu Olajide Ganiyu Original WAEC Result Lost But Found / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.