Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime (23919 Views)

Naira Depreciates Further On Investors FX Window / CBN Introduces New FX Rate For Bdcs / Naira Depreciates To N355/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Adesiji77: 11:12am On May 17, 2016
The naira yesterday weakened further against the dollar at the parallel market as currency dealer await new foreign exchange regime from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Naira lost N5 or 1.4 percent each against dollar at the autonomous market and parallel market. It closed at N350/$ compare with N345/$ last week Friday at the autonomous market. At the parallel market, it closed at N355/$ from N350/$ traded last week Friday.

The local currency remained stable at the CBN’s clearing rates at the inter-bank market. There was little or no activities at the Bureau De Change (BDC) following the stoppage of dollar sell to operators by the CBN.

Aminu Gwadabe, acting president, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), said the operators were waiting for the new foreign exchange regime that would encourage more activity at the inter-bank market.

He said the average price of N285/$ for sourcing of foreign exchange had intensified speculating activities and currency hoarding in the market.

Gwadabe told BusinesssDay by phone that foreign exchange at inter-bank market should be made flexible to allow investors bring in more dollars.
http://businessdayonline.com/2016/05/naira-depreciates-further-as-dealers-await-new-fx-regime/

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by yimikaa: 11:33am On May 17, 2016
Firstus de commentus cool

There are 3 exchange rates to a dollar

199naira to 1 dollar - for the big boys and connect peeps

295 naira to 1 dollar - For oil importation

345 naira to 1 dollar - For the masses

God dey

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by NwaNimo1(m): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
Naira devaluation by stealth.....Buhari talks out of both sides of his mouth and cannot be trusted

Nigerians - Withdraw all your Naira now and go and buy Dollars, Pounds or Euros!!! You've been warned.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by chido20(m): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
mtcheew..... I thought it have reach to 500 so dat wailers will feel the suffering

they will still quote me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by katniss(f): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
Terrible
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
Amazing grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by justi4jesu(f): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
It is well.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Daniel058(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2016
Dollar cost, fuel cost.. Hmmmm, i thank God say data cheap self..

If you no fit buy fuel, Abeg use the money buy data,use am enter online come may we dey form human rights activist for nairaland..

#if_YoU_no_SEE_me_u_hear_ma_voiCE.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by adeleke12345(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2016
we are doing better jare...more grease to nigeria elbow

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by number5(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
at least one positive for d week so far,,,aside some bald headed democrat calling us fantastically corrupt
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by maximunimpact(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
For those who understand the real value of naira or its purchasing value, it is far way over-valued. The CBN has so far insisted on N199 to 1$, but when buying something from any shop abroad or online it never exchanged below N305 to 1$. It became more laughable recently when the FG directed oil marketers to trade at N280 to 1$, a move many experts see as double standard.

Although there is ongoing reports that the CBN will soon unveil a new FX regime, such as this report; whatever that means, anything less than N300 to 1$ as official rate is unacceptable. At this point the government's rigidity on devaluation is not borne out of sound economic exposure, it is a brazen betrayal of the reality on ground.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by pecothecash: 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
Good day Sir/Ma.
i am OGbonnaya Christian from shop 16 U.B line Ereja Square, Roundabout Ilesa, Osun state.
The Incident happened today 14-05-2016 at Ereja Square Roundabout area, Ilesa, Three men showed up at Roundabout and putting on oyes marshal uniform and pursing people that are selling at the main road towards the fire service area in roundabout and many of the market sellers seeing them took to their heels and were running and they were not able to seize any of the Goods and on their way coming back, there was this woman that sell Yam Flour (Elubo) and the woman was standing at the front of my shop and they wanted to carry the yam flour from her to their office and the woman refued to hand it over to them and as they were dragging it with the woman and the woman resisted them, they walk to my shop and carry my bowl of Iron sponge and left.
i later located their office inside former Ilesa West Rate office along Oba Adekunle Palace, when i approached them to explain why they take such action. the man there said i should go out of their office, i now saw they have seized so many goods already and they are there piled up and people were there begging for the release of their goods, then they were now charging them different fees to bail their goods without any receipts of payments.
i now said, why will i pay for what i will not get evidence of payment for and you said you are oyes marshals and that is when they got provoked and they charged me for telling them that they are doing illegal works and they lock me up in their office and called the police to come and arrest me.
when the police arrived. AYeso police station, i just followed them to the station and i met the D.P.O and i narrated the whole things that happened to the D.P.O and the D.P.O now said to me that what degree do i have in Law and i answered None.
Then He left for another matter and i was there in the police station and after some minutes some of the police women came and said i should pay for paper and the people that came to see me at the station gathered the money and paid them N1000 and that was how i was freed.
my main question here is that, this people that call themselves OYES, when pursing people off the road, they do leave the meat sellers and some people on the road.
another question is that when people come to get their seized goods, no receipt or evidence of payment that the money is going into the state account.
They only work on Saturdays only and in the morning alone. we need a better osun and Nigeria.
these people on the main road, selling goods hardly allow vehicles to pass and even when the fire service vehicle want to go out for emergency, it is always very difficult for it to pass also.
these people need to be checked and please let proper measures be put in place.
Thanks
yours Faithfully

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Frankiss44(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
We will survive...

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by chrisxxx(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
Sicerely Nigeria economy is spiraling and gyrating out of Buhari's hand. The earlier he calls for help the better his fate.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by chi4ik4(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
buhari I'm still waiting for 1$ to 1#. zombies will ban me again but I don't care.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by EkemezieNgene16(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=NwaNimo1 post=45704245]Naira devaluation by stealth.....Buhari talks out of both sides of his mouth and cannot be trusted[/quote brother Kedu nke meganu.. Am happy to see my brother here.pls call me on 080686341/75
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 17, 2016
h
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by AngryNigerian(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2016
Hmm...i no wan make dem ban me ooo, if not...
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by chi4ik4(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2016
the zombie mods that bans me each time I attack Buhari, congratulations because you guys just earn yourselves one hundred billion dollars for banning me. anyway buhari is a dullard & also clueless. if you like ban me again. who cares??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by loomer: 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
Na wa for naija
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
Well,we must endure the hardship that we brought upon selves till 7years time.....but until then let's keep enjoying the CHANGiiiiiiiik

KIKIKIKIKIKIKKI

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by pretydiva(f): 1:30pm On May 17, 2016
These r trying times. God will see us tru. We will survive

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Stalwert: 1:32pm On May 17, 2016
An import economy can only suffer years of non diversity in times of boom

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Favourchris(f): 1:33pm On May 17, 2016
wetin concern me, good for business, time to sell my stored dollars

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by eightsin(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2016
purchasing power reducing every passing day.
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by onatisi(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2016
This buhari government will ruin the Nigeria economy totally and it will take another 12 years to repair.
But it seems Nigerians are happy with this change .goodluck to them

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Mekanus(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2016
number5:
at least one positive for d week so far,,,aside some bald headed democrat calling us fantastically corrupt
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by buharisbae(f): 1:57pm On May 17, 2016
grin see as naira dey look dollars sha ..

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by rusher14: 2:03pm On May 17, 2016
Nigerians should learn to be self-sustaining.

Presently all oil dependent economies are going through some level of devaluation of their currencies as well as being marked down by Global ratings corporations.

Exporters are presently smiling home to the bank with the attendant decrease in our currency against the majors.

Some have traded such fortune for "likes" on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Lanre01(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 17, 2016
$1 = N1000. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah's Love Letter To Wife On Her Birthday, Shares Wedding Photos / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria / CBN Did Not Devalue The Naira!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.