Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge (25323 Views)

I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable / Saraki’s Trial: 17 Political Parties Ask CCT Judge To Resign / Let Senate Sit While Saraki Faces His Trial – CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Endison: 11:49am On May 17, 2016
Danladi Umar, chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), on Tuesday, said that he was under “serious” influence in the trial of Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He, however, added that despite the “influence” he was able to deliver justice in the case.

Tinubu was tried at the tribunal in 2011 for allegedly operating foreign accounts while he was governor between 1999 and 2007, but he was discharged and acquitted.

Speaking as the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki resumed, Umar also directed the defence counsel to restrict the number of lawyers who would cross-examine the prosecution witness to just one.

He said that the conduct of the cross-examination had been untidy with the frequent change of lawyers by the defence team.

“It is certainly unreasonable that all the 100 counsel of the defence will have a bite at the cherry,” he said.

“Kanu Agabi should continue to conduct the cross examination in this case.

“I want to say that in case of Bola Tinubu we were under serious influence, but we did what we had to do and discharged him. So we must be fair to ourselves not to delay this trial.”

Also speaking, Williams Atedze, a member of the tribunal, said that whichever way the case of Saraki went it would mark a watershed in the history of Nigeria.

“Today, the country is going down. We can’t buy fuel, we can’t tomatoes,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-serious-influence-tinubus-trial-says-cct-judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by ascek(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2016
Serious
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:54am On May 17, 2016
dalandi umar is a useless nonentity bastard scumbag scallywag
Tinubu is a bastard
Buhari is a terrorist

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Sparrow13: 11:56am On May 17, 2016
all these we know but who are you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Nuells: 12:00pm On May 17, 2016
You see, Tinibu influenced his way outta jail and now he's Saint Bola

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Gayigaskia(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
Tinubu is a bastard
Buhari is a terrorist

And the whole world will be left for you and your family.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by nnachukz(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2016
Justice by clearing him, only to later accept it was a judgement in error? Why are we this way naw?Truly these guys are fantastically corrupt.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by thereturnoflucy(m): 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
That's Nigeria for u....everything seems to be sick in this nation.... Look at the FG going to court to stop a strike action....I don tire gan.

For more political editorials, stories, romance, comedy, poems and drama kindly visit www.kikiotolu.com you gonna love this page

1 Like

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 17, 2016
Alcoholic or drug influence undecided

14 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by RockHard: 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
Who in GEJ's gov't was the influencer?? GEJ himself? cheesy

Besides, that doesn't in any way imply that Tinubu would have been found guilty. undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by funmilade4real(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
Tinubu is a bastard
Buhari is a terrorist
Were reee ooo

13 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by bigerboy200: 1:24pm On May 17, 2016
Ehhn
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by titiakins: 1:24pm On May 17, 2016
Corrupt judge!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Frankiss44(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2016
Keneking:

Kidnap and Murder influence.

1 Like

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Trailblazer1(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by funmilade4real(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2016
Gayigaskia:

And the whole world will be left for you and your family.

Yes
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Stalwert: 1:25pm On May 17, 2016
Jogogoro corrupting the judiciary since 2010
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Trailblazer1(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Keneking:
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Johnsinia(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2016
Mr judge, simply put you are bribed to be under influence. You are an unjust judge

8 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by bedspread: 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
This must be a joke or something

3 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by purpledferanmi1: 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
Do u want biscuit?

1 Like

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Emilord(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
Just do justice!
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by titiakins: 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
When will he admit he took bribe?

7 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Stalwert: 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
Nuells:
You see, Tinibu influenced his way outta jail and now he's Saint Bola

haba read and comprehend before posting this ignorant bushcit

Hating Tinubu won't end save saraki from conviction.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by funmilade4real(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
Tinubu is a bastard
Buhari is a terrorist
Stop taking weed, it is affecting you

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by Businessideas: 1:29pm On May 17, 2016
That's a legal term.Every lawyer worth his pay influences the mind of a judge to see things from his client's point of view .It's only when the judge trades justice for the influence that he errs. This is a learned judge talking to his fellow learned colleagues he was not talking to the mostly intellectually lazy Nigerian journalist or blogger who will blasphemously write that Stephens Johnson Syndrome is a new disease shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge by greggng: 1:32pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
Tinubu is a bastard
Buhari is a terrorist

As far as I am concern you didnot make any sense. I pity the guys that clicked like for ur useless post. I think they re bird of a feather. A child that doesn't ve respect for adults will end up badly. It would ve been better u were aborted than to face vexation of the gods. Repent now

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scores Of Civilians & Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram Attack Maiduguri(photos) / Atiku Reacts To Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Siege / Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.