Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death (589 Views)

Charly Boy To Protest For Diezani Alison-Madueke's Extradition / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Man Beats Up IKEDC Staff For Distributing Bills Without Constant Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by Auspharm(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2016
The Anambra State Police Command has arrested the councillor representing Nsogwu Umunze Ward 2 in Orumba South Local Government of Area of the state, Mr. Chidiebere Onyema, for allegedly killing his 19-year-old nephew over missing mobile telephone.
The name of the victim was given as Nnanyere.
The mother of the deceased, Mrs. Gloria Onyema, claimed that her son died following beatings he received from the councillor.
According to her, Chidiebere came to their house and asked after the deceased, adding that when her husband, Okwudili, opened the door, he saw Chidiebere fuming.
She said her husband promised the councillor that he would pass his message to the late Nnanyere, who was not at home at that moment.
He then pleaded with him to be patient, adding that they were surprised on their return from the day’s business to be told by their younger son, Tochukwu, that the councillor came back in their absence and beat Nnanyere to stupor, Vanguard reports.
She said, “I went to look for Nnanyere and met him at the councillor’s house lying down helplessly. I was told that my son stole the councillor’s cell phone.
“I offered to pay N20,000 as part payment of the N35,000 the councillor claimed was the cost of the phone so that my son can be released to me to enable me take him to hospital for treatment.
“On getting to the Immaculate Hospital, Umunze, with my son, he was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.”
Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ali Okechukwu, confirmed the incident, saying that the councillor had been detained at the State Investigation Bureau, SIB, Awka, for interrogation.
Okechukwu said that investigation into the matter had commenced.
source: www.informationananambra.com
Re: Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by mindfreaks(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2016
FTC
Re: Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by EasternLeopard: 3:47pm On May 17, 2016
Because of phone. Charge him to Court angry
Re: Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by Auspharm(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2016
mindfreaks:
FTC
Bros, u harsh oooo
Re: Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by Mynd44: 4:07pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Councillor Beats Up 19yrs Old Boy To Death by DaBullIT(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2016
Baby factories,

kidnapping

killing

Drugs

armed robber

claiming people's land

it's in their blood

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Hails Niger Delta Avengers For Issuing Ultimatum To FG / Nigeria: Consumers Groan As Inflation Rate Skyrockets / Watch Gov. Ayo Fayose Speaking To Ekiti Hunters To Kill Herdsmen In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.