Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession (72592 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics) / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS / PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 17, 2016
RaeMystix:

Lies. Go tell that to a Nurse Practicioner (PHD). They act as a doctor's right hand, and even go as far a writing prescriptions to clients.

Listen to ur self nurse practitioner, do we have nurse practitioners in Nigeria. The fresh MBBS graduate has better knowledge of the human body than a fresh nursing graduate, a nurse practioner with his PhD who serves in primary care cardiology will be thrown to the gutters when a medical cardiologist comes into the room. Plsss Medicine and nursing were never designed to have the same knowledge of human body. the curriculum is quite different and MBBS is much more rigorous any where in d world.
I know this OP guy he did pre degree for medicine in Uniport and eventually got nursing. Congrats to him but that statement that he has d same knowledge is wrong. I have doctor friends and I know how much they cover. Peace!

10 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by kayzeesoft(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2016
Rexphobia:
I wasn't ready... Don't know what to say

You remind me. The last one was full of fun. Subsidy carnival.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by jerayme: 10:43pm On May 17, 2016
So cute man. I am falling in love with this profession.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 17, 2016
ActOfWar:
Amin!! angry angry
don't stress urself, just relax. Haba
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by OlujobaSamuel: 10:45pm On May 17, 2016
male=dr
young female=nurse
old female=mummy, you call them nurse, it means you are saying they are inferior to that young guy forming boss, you might have to beg when injection time come.
anyway, I've got nothing to do with them all, except for medical report/test(when required) and delivery.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by feyimen: 10:46pm On May 17, 2016
Olusanm:
I respect yr profession as I am a male nurse myself in the uk.
. I respect yr profession as I am a male nurse myself somwhr in ethopia.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
My guy @op, I admire your openness buh hey ur making the same basic mistake the general public makes when they call you a Dr.
And that mistake is the make believe that we have 'relatively same knowledge' about patients, medicine and whatever.
That we work as a team doesn't necessarily equate us.
It's humbling enough that we don't make much noise about the ignorance of the public, that's cos we believe 'class' would always show over wannabes.

6 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ibnabdullahi: 10:48pm On May 17, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

https://mobile.facebook.com/NURSINGNIGERIA/photos/a.181937095262339.36361.139441856178530/895166887272686/?type=3&p=10&_ft_=qid.6285683135901275823%3Amf_story_key.2031640805132769213
Midwife ko Midhusband ni, so wit dis ur fine face i go come gree make u deliver pikin 4 me. iffa hear!
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by lanxebony(m): 10:49pm On May 17, 2016
Am a male nurse... Am not a doc
#proudly male nurse

4 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by omokoladele(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2016
why Midwife and not Midhusband??
cheesy
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by lanxebony(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2016
#am a male nurse , am not a doctor

3 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 17, 2016
RaeMystix:

Lies. Go tell that to a Nurse Practicioner (PHD). They act as a doctor's right hand, and even go as far a writing prescriptions to clients.
Acting as a doctor's right hand doesn't make them equal to a doctor. Even if Mr President's chief of staff has spent all his life in that position, he can't in anyway be compared to a President who has spent one day in office.
Talking of writing prescriptions, you do know it's the preserve of the doctors to do that right? That's why standard prescription sheets have a column for Dr's name and signature, not Nurse or health practitioner

6 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by DRCIC(m): 11:01pm On May 17, 2016
Nice one bro, its good to be proud of ur profession but wrong to misinform d public.
Pls note that doctors and nurses don't hv d same knowledge about patient's health, medicine etc.
Nursing students don't share d same curriculum with medical students, the duration of training etc.
I respect ur profession but d comparison is inappropriate.

5 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 17, 2016
Flashh:
E be like like say they don swear for una with this statement.
Mostly used when not needed.
very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 17, 2016
Many male nurses dey Lagos dey prescribe antibiotics and set iv lines posing as doctors. If that's all it takes to be a doctor everyone in my house will be doctors in 6 months. When u ask them simple medical questions or d pathology of d ailment or prognosis they'll become violent. God save Nigerians and my family members from these quacks.

8 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Taryur3(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
That's my guy...he graduated form the dept of nursing uniport.he is also the ex president of NUNSA uniport chapter during my stay there.Good luck kelvin

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by pablus: 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
are they yabbing him what's the fuss
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
tosin2013:
Nurses and doctors DONOT have the same amount of knowledge of patients!

The difference is as clear as night and day!

Thank you.

He was actually talking about knowledge of malaria and typhoid symptoms

3 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Kassidy90(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Nigerians don't really care as long as you not in the main campus with others... Even those studying Laboratory science are called Doctor not to talk about Pharmacy or nursing students. They see everybody as Doctor.
The thing tire me too, Everyone sees me as a doc even though I studied med lab, bin trying to correct that impression for few years now but to no avail..

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by pembisco(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2016
olrotimi:
My guy @op, I admire your openness buh hey ur making the same basic mistake the general public makes when they call you a Dr.
And that mistake is the make believe that we have 'relatively same knowledge' about patients, medicine and whatever.
That we work as a team doesn't necessarily equate us.
It's humbling enough that we don't make much noise about the ignorance of the public, that's cos we believe 'class' would always show over wannabes.
Which one is class and wannabes again? guy you need to grow up and overcome this nigerian doctor's mentality that believe every professional in the hospital aside doctor wanted to study medicine. I've seen so many that passionately applied for the various professions in the university, studied hard and are proud of what they are today. so please spare us this uncalled show of arrogance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by phenol33(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2016
but why er u wearing surgry cloaths worn by doctors educate me more if i am wrong.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nzeh12(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2016
A fine nurse he is from uniport. I feel Nurses are more practically inclined than their doc colleagues. Kevin and my big cousin were course mates, they schooled medical students when in their level when it comes 2 practical.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by phenol33(m): 11:14pm On May 17, 2016
Kassidy90:

The thing tire me too, Everyone sees me as a doc even though I studied med lab, bin trying to correct that impression for few years now but to no avail..
but una de add doc for una initial na!!!

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ccaramel(f): 11:19pm On May 17, 2016
Poor Murse.... grin grin
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 17, 2016
Nzeh12:
A fine nurse he is from uniport. I feel Nurses are more practically inclined than their doc colleagues. Kevin and my big cousin were course mates, they schooled medical students when in their level when it comes 2 practical.

That how it is all over the world. Doctors spend more that knowing everything about the body. Nurses go straight to practicals from year two. But few years into practice all that changes and the doctor knows his practical. the only time doctors struggle with hand skills is during internship. It like a road side mechanic and an Automobile Engineer, early on d road side mechanic has more skill cos he start handling equipments the first day, but the automobile engeers first contact is in the 4th year and then d technician might even show him some tricks, but when he is done d engineer after further training ends up working as boss in mercedes or toyota as the technicians head. Nurses are largely medical technicians thank God BSC is improving it just abit. But comparing medicine to nursing is not right. Kelvin wanted to be a doctor he even posed as a doc for a while. After a little frustration he's renouncing what he once pretended to be. Haba

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by imperiouxx(m): 11:29pm On May 17, 2016
tosin2013:
Nurses and doctors DONOT have the same amount of knowledge of patients!

The difference is as clear as night and day!

Thank you.

It's good you see that part too.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Kassidy90(m): 11:31pm On May 17, 2016
phenol33:
but una de add doc for una initial na!!!
Nooo
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by kobonaire(m): 11:32pm On May 17, 2016
Olusanm:
I respect yr profession as I am a male nurse myself in the uk.
#respect

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by chubbystev: 11:47pm On May 17, 2016
With this heavy makeup....ungwanu sister nkechi nkemefuna
cheesy[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by RaeMystix: 11:57pm On May 17, 2016
olrotimi:

Acting as a doctor's right hand doesn't make them equal to a doctor. Even if Mr President's chief of staff has spent all his life in that position, he can't in anyway be compared to a President who has spent one day in office.
Talking of writing prescriptions, you do know it's the preserve of the doctors to do that right? That's why standard prescription sheets have a column for Dr's name and signature, not Nurse or health practitioner

My comments never stated that NP are indeed considered Doctors, but that they are( CRNP) specially licenced Nurses who are trained to share some responsibilities as a doctor . As you've stated, a nurse can prescribe meds with offcourse the approval of a doctor's signature, and also conduct a referal to out- patients seeking for other healthcare professionals, such as therapist and for blood work etc... Something similar to the duties of a doctor.

My comment was in response to commenter whom I quoted due to his lack of knowledge about the duties that Nurses place in healthcare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 17, 2016
Adaure4ever:
don't stress urself, just relax. Haba
Bae I didnt ask u out or something of sort smiley I only want an explanation. Why would u give a strange such bad treat Reply back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture / Ashley Nicole Wheeler, The Prettiest, Sexiest Black Soldier In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.