Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession (72589 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics) / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS / PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by adellam16(f): 5:16am On May 18, 2016
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by joyli: 5:49am On May 18, 2016
Male nurses full USA, ko si big deal embarassed

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Bose253(f): 6:02am On May 18, 2016
You would want to fall sick at the sight of him grin
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by blowjohn(m): 6:04am On May 18, 2016
pembisco:

Which one is class and wannabes again? guy you need to grow up and overcome this nigerian doctor's mentality that believe every professional in the hospital aside doctor wanted to study medicine. I've seen so many that passionately applied for the various professions in the university, studied hard and are proud of what they are today. so please spare us this uncalled show of arrogance

guy am soon to be a medical doctor. Lemi tell u something. A large number of people just beef us for nothing. Especially pple that had dreams of becoming ddoctors. I have personally overhead funny comments from pple about us.......unprovoked comments, on about 5 instances. I really don't understand the beef though.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by blowjohn(m): 6:10am On May 18, 2016
Nzeh12:
A fine nurse he is from uniport. I feel Nurses are more practically inclined than their doc colleagues. Kevin and my big cousin were course mates, they schooled medical students when in their level when it comes 2 practical.

lemi explain it this way: in Nigeria, becos of how lacking our education system can be, any serious medical student has to maximise his time and knowledge acquisition. It's not everything one has the opportunity to be thought twice in medicine. This is even more so in medical schools that lack adequate number of patients. So if for example I only saw a doctor describe how to put a line once, belive me, I have to run off to a nurse and let her show me etc. But after the basic practical stuff has been acquired the doctor becomes his own boss.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by OCcool: 6:13am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
In Nigeria, guys are doctors and ladies are nurses... Besides, when growing up, nurses were portrayed using ladies and doctors, guys....we know,but leave am for us like that. You can educate the younger generation on the differences. LoL at Midwife(I just imagined telling someone my husband is a MIDWIFE)
Lol. During my youth service, I was posted to School of Midwifery in one of the northern states to lecture there. Whenever people asked me about my ppa and I tell them SOM, with a puzzled look on their faces, they ask "are you there to deliver pregnant women". Infact, they started calling me Midwife, Midhusband, Mr lecturer... grin

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by linusbnn(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Nigerians don't really care as long as you not in the main campus with others... Even those studying Laboratory science are called Doctor not to talk about Pharmacy or nursing students. They see everybody as Doctor.

Na AAU u attend?
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Mayflowa(m): 6:26am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
In Nigeria, guys are doctors and ladies are nurses... Besides, when growing up, nurses were portrayed using ladies and doctors, guys....we know,but leave am for us like that. You can educate the younger generation on the differences. LoL at Midwife(I just imagined telling someone my husband is a MIDWIFE)

Times are changing! Woman takes the role of chairman. so man can be midwife too.

I hv actually seen a Standford University Graduate taking a role of house husband or live-in-mother. He was the one caring for the baby while the wife is out everywhere for work. The wife is a vice president of multibillion dollars pharmacy firm.

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by repogirl(f): 6:31am On May 18, 2016
Illiterates assume men cant be nurses and that its a womans job only.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 6:38am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

Where did you get the information about Nurses cleaning a patient's feaces and urine?. Do you mean changing of the colostomy bag and Wound care?....Seems like you're mistaking the duties or a Nursing Assistant for a Registered Nurse. You also need to do some research about Certified Registered Nursing Practictoners, before demeaning nursing as a profession. There are more nurses abroad who perform more responsibilities than the local one's we've got in Nigeria.

Of all the countries in the world your so call certified nurse practitioner is only in d USA. And reason was shortage of doctors and by law once a doctor is there he immediately take charge of patient care. A physician assistant is even more regarded than a nursing practioner. Plsss stop stressing on d wrong thing.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 6:42am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

True. I'm will never underestimate doctors and as matter of fact, i actually do admire the years of hardwork being put into becoming a doctor. That been said, Nursing isn't also a major that one should underestimate, and is no longer that easy to obtain. It also requires years of coursework, clinicals and dedication. It ain't no sociology/ psychology degree.

Now you are underestimating psychology and sociology degree and calling nursing in Nigeria local. Psychology and sociology are simplier courses than nursing but medicine is not a tougher course than nursing, serious fallacy. For a nurse to work in d USA she writes a single exam which u should find out d name. For an international doctor he write Step1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and step 3 of USLME thAt should immediately spot a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by victorjoe(m): 6:54am On May 18, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

https://mobile.facebook.com/NURSINGNIGERIA/photos/a.181937095262339.36361.139441856178530/895166887272686/?type=3&p=10&_ft_=qid.6285683135901275823%3Amf_story_key.2031640805132769213

Doc, no worry. Just de chook ur injection de go. If me come hospital, I come see one nurse wear one white uniform, and u wearing this green one come still hang that ear phone for neck, na u automatically be d doc o. Meanwhile, as a midwife se na u de go check wether baby head don de show during childbirth? Ol boy ur eye don see o.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by abbeymighty(m): 7:07am On May 18, 2016
are you midwife or mid husband? don't mind me just kidding
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by khalhokage(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2016
tosin2013:
Nurses and doctors DONOT have the same amount of knowledge of patients!

The difference is as clear as night and day!

Thank you.

He didn't say that, he said "relatively the same knowledge"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Fearcom(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:

How about re-mixing the original into imagining telling someone your hubby is a MID-HUSBAND?? grin
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ComradeIce: 7:21am On May 18, 2016
chinaze4real:
Who u epp grin sad cool[color=#006600][/color]
End time nurse

Hahshahaha, Naza, whara comment
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by uyplus(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Some male nurses are girlish in nature and gay.
Though not all.
nursing is a nice career.
Btw, I am a Proud Pharmacist to be!
Pharm.Adaure loading 90%

You are a pharmacist? Nice!! Where did you train? As men of honour we join hands. Lets connect.. gonna inbox you..

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Davvymavvy(f): 7:22am On May 18, 2016
Enough of this inferiority complex being displayed by other health professionals. You are a Nurse and as such, your job description is clearly stated and understood so also that of a Doctor. Why lumping the two together to the extent of equating it? You didn't have same training and that defines your limit of knowledge. Even in Yankee that people are making reference to, A Nurse is not more than a nurse there so also a Doctor, no functional overlap. I'm a Pharmacist, like I tell my colleagues, knowledge is power, they rarely beef though because there is no basis for that. Compete intellectually for the so aim of giving the best to your patient.

That said, health care system in Nigeria is not properly structured, too many loopholes. Though we are evolving, with time, we would get there?

2 Likes

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by makdcash(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2016
Even in ur so call nigeria there male nurses,this woman can't u still use u brain for once....its a profession!...na waO cheesy

SlimBrawnie:

African Mentality..yes...but ruining my brain..never. I'm only saying how it is "in Nigeria"...amongst most people. Thank yhu sir
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by ComradeIce: 7:26am On May 18, 2016
khalhokage:

He didn't say that, he said "relatively the same knowledge"

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 7:27am On May 18, 2016
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by lailo: 7:34am On May 18, 2016
So dis guy go don see dift toto die...chai
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by tico1212(m): 7:38am On May 18, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

For those of you who keep calling me "Doctor Kelvin" or "Doc"... I have been politely declining it but i have to post this. I AM A NURSE. I am not a doctor.

Doctors and nurses are not the same. Even though we both may hold relatively the same knowledge about patients, medicine and health generally, we differ in roles and responsibilities.

I am a NURSE, MIDWIFE and A PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE by profession. I worked for it. I schooled for it. Dont take it from me.

I am not a DOCTOR But A Proud NURSE

Thanks for your Usual cooperation and understanding.

Submitted for further necessary action, sir.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Mrjosaphat: 7:43am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
u can tell dem that ur husband is a MIDHUSBAND
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 7:44am On May 18, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

https://mobile.facebook.com/NURSINGNIGERIA/photos/a.181937095262339.36361.139441856178530/895166887272686/?type=3&p=10&_ft_=qid.6285683135901275823%3Amf_story_key.2031640805132769213
With due respect Bro, Doctors and nurses don't hold the same knowledge. Anyways thumb up for owning up nurse.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by xtervaganza(m): 7:46am On May 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
it's not only in Nigeria, everywhere in the world the nurses are 96% women.

If not how did they come up with the term midwife?

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Joygalore(f): 7:50am On May 18, 2016
The more reason death rate in Nigeria is high
guymanDspecies:
Many male nurses dey Lagos dey prescribe antibiotics and set iv lines posing as doctors. If that's all it takes to be a doctor everyone in my house will be doctors in 6 months. When u ask them simple medical questions or d pathology of d ailment or prognosis they'll become violent. God save Nigerians and my family members from these quacks.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Joygalore(f): 7:54am On May 18, 2016
Nurses should have a different medical wear
phenol33:
but why er u wearing surgry cloaths worn by doctors educate me more if i am wrong.
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Joygalore(f): 7:59am On May 18, 2016
Shut that poo you call mouth undecided
Doctors and nurses are never same and will never be. cool
Jump into the ocean if you are jealous undecided
steric58:

I guess you are a doctor, anyway you guys are thought to have ego even though you have zero knowledge about what you doing, nurses are never inferior to you, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 7:59am On May 18, 2016
RaeMystix:

My comments never stated that NP are indeed considered Doctors, but that they are( CRNP) specially licenced Nurses who are trained to share some responsibilities as a doctor . As you've stated, a nurse can prescribe meds with offcourse the approval of a doctor's signature, and also conduct a referal to out- patients seeking for other healthcare professionals, such as therapist and for blood work etc... Something similar to the duties of a doctor.

My comment was in response to commenter whom I quoted due to his lack of knowledge about the duties that Nurses place in the healthcare.
i get your drift. nicely said
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Nobody: 8:01am On May 18, 2016
pembisco:

Which one is class and wannabes again? guy you need to grow up and overcome this nigerian doctor's mentality that believe every professional in the hospital aside doctor wanted to study medicine. I've seen so many that passionately applied for the various professions in the university, studied hard and are proud of what they are today. so please spare us this uncalled show of arrogance
yawns soo loud, my poultry birds had to crow, thinking it's daybreak
Re: Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession by Joygalore(f): 8:06am On May 18, 2016
You ain't a doctor yet

At what age did you get into medical sch
blowjohn:

guy am soon to be a medical doctor. Lemi tell u something. A large number of people just beef us for nothing. Especially pple that had dreams of becoming ddoctors. I have personally overhead funny comments from pple about us.......unprovoked comments, on about 5 instances. I really don't understand the beef though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture / Ashley Nicole Wheeler, The Prettiest, Sexiest Black Soldier In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.