Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds (1901 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 2:13am On Aug 18, 2009
The Xbox 360 breaks five times as often as its closest failure-prone competitor, the PlayStation 3, a print edition-only Game Informer survey found.

The poorly manufactured, red ring of death-prone console has a 54.2 percent failure rate, compared to 10.6 percent for the PS3 and the Wii's 6.8 percent.

The magazine surveyed nearly 5,000 readers to get the data. And while the 360's rate is alarmingly higher than the others, it's still bafflingly low because it blows the mind to imagine that 45.8 percent of the consoles have not broken. Also, Microsoft's numbers are inflated because 360s are used the most of the three consoles. Results said 40.3 percent of 360 owners use the console three to five hours a day, compared to 37 percent of PS3 owners. Meanwhile, the plurality of Wii owners (41.4 percent) play their consoles less than an hour a day.

Microsoft also seized the gold medal for unhelpful customer service, taking nearly a month to repair or replace a console, while Nintendo and Sony stuck closer to a week. Only 37.7 percent of Microsoft customers found the company's customer service was "very helpful," compared to 51.1 percent fo Sony and 56.1 percent for Nintendo.

The most shocking number from the survey — and frightening from a consumer perspective — is only 3.8 percent of Xbox 360 owners said they'd never buy another Xbox because of hardware failure.

click here
to go to source
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
So why do peeps keep buying Xbox despite this known poor manufacturing quality? Abi Microsoft dey do jazz to keep people dashing dem money?
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2009

So why do peeps keep buying Xbox despite this known poor manufacturing quality? Abi Microsoft dey do jazz to keep people dashing dem money?

Depsite the 1 year headstart with no competition and a high price, together the recession SONY stll managed to stay alive, but with the price cuts, everything will change.
microsoft can only react by giving the box for FREE,  or sell at the same price with last gen PS2. if they do that, it would mean that they have lost value and conusmers will turn it down. Sony knows how to play their cards.
  just waiting for Google chrome OS. to give Microsoft a run for its money
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
Well, the Arcade version of Xbox 360 is already down to less than $200 (minus hard drive) grin am sorely tempted to buy one,
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 20, 2009
Until you find out you need the hard drive if you want to play downloaded games or add DLC to your games.
You'll have a proprietary $70 - $100 HDD as your only option.
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 1:24am On Aug 20, 2009
Since Sony has crashed the price of PS3 and brought out PS3 slim, I'm sure Microsoft will be forced to equally crash the price of Xbox so who knows, it may go down to $100 by Xmas grin

In which case, the Arcade and HDD will be about $200 max cheesy

BTW, does any one know if the Xbox imported from US is single voltage (110v only) or dual voltage(110v-220v)? Or do I just have to use it with step down transformer?
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 5:57am On Aug 21, 2009
Well, the Arcade version of Xbox 360 is already down to less than $200 (minus hard drive) am sorely tempted to buy one,
where did you get ur source from,? for your information, M$ has raised the priceof the arcade by 30 pounds in UK, everyone that wanted a xbox360 already has one, GOING under 199 will just show how inferior the console is, being the cheapest current-gen conosole, it is still being outsold monthy by the over priced wii, and it managed to outsell the ps3 last quarter by only 100K units despite being half the price of PS3. with the ps3 price cut, the once recessed industry would show a bang, for the record, PS3 Has been on NO.1 on all major and minor retailers and wholesellers across the globe.
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 6:01am On Aug 21, 2009
ps3 slim 250GB = TGS 09.
you heard it first!
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2009
I already have the PS3 phat so I don't see any reason to buy the slim. Its same thing just smaller. I also have a Wii. I'd like to experiment with Xbox just to compare the three. Do you know if Xbox has universal voltage like PS3 or is it according to the country in which it is sold? My guys in US can get it for me but I'm not sure if I need to use a step down transformer with it or just plug it straight into a stabilizer like my PS3.
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2009
You want to toss a coin and see if you get the RROD. Go ahead with that experiment.
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2009
khai_khai:

You want to toss a coin and see if you get the RROD. Go ahead with that experiment.

LOL grin

But seriously, I read online that the new Arcade model of the Xbox 360 comes with a new chipset called 'Jasper' that supposedly runs cooler than the older chip, the 'Falcon' and so is less prone to RROD. Apparently, overheating is said to be the major cause of RROD.

So what do you guys advise? Too risky? Are there people that can repair Xbox in naija?
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2009

But seriously, I read online that the new Arcade model of the Xbox 360 comes with a new chipset called 'Jasper' that supposedly runs cooler than the older chip, the 'Falcon' and so is less prone to RROD. Apparently, overheating is said to be the major cause of RROD.

So what do you guys advise? Too risky? Are there people that can repair Xbox in naija?
dude, not everything you see online is true, the jasper model also has a problem known as Error74/e74
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by blacklion(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
kosovo:

dude, not everything you see online is true, the jasper model also has a problem known as Error74/e74

Na wa! So what is this E74 about? Are there peeps in naija that can service or fix Xbox with such problems?
Re: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds by kosovo(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
most malfuntioned 360 cant be repaired, except replaced,
  you know how thing how done in niaja, no one gives a f@ck abt warranty and stuff like that,

(1) (Reply)

VERIFIED Gadgets: Sold sold sold✓ / God Of War 3 ,batman Arkham Asylum And Others For Sale / Install Pes 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.