Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. (2047 Views)

What On Earth Is Wrong With Eco Bank / Eco Bank Intensive Graduate Programme / Eco Bank Branches In Ado Ekiti Locked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 7:43am On May 18, 2016
I don't really know the right section to post this, i won't mind if the mods can help me post it in the right section(tnx).

It was last Thursday(may 12 2016), my mom called me around 11am to tell me she had paid into my ecobank account, i was so happy, at least money for foodstuff, handout and hair don dey ground(so i thought)...but little did i know that those cooperate thieves were targeting me that daysad

I school at Benin republic and ecobank branches are there, and also we can withdraw with our Nigerian card without having any issues there.........

Around 4pm on that same Thursday, i got dressed and made my way to bank to go and withdraw, i was so happy that am sure the kekeno(bike man) that took me to the bank must be wondering what was wrong with me, but e no concern me o...

I got to the ATM stand, went in like a queen and inserted my card in it, pressed all the necessary things to pressed, and the next i saw was that the network went off while processing my money, didn't say anything...so i tried again and i got the network ish....just went out and ask someone else to go in, after some minutes i went in and did the same process only for it to tell me INSUFFICIENT FUNDS!, it was like i was dreaming, quickly checked my balance and i saw 1,550...for why na, abi mumcy no pay ni, rushed out of the ATM stand with guys outside asking if the ATM dey pay(i no even fit answer), ran to the nearest credit stand, bought airtime and called mom, she was like maybe it was network, that she credited me but that she would go to the bank and confirm what happened the next day, i said okay and thanked all, but my eyes were already filled with tears....

Please read the complete story of my plight towards ecobank after the next 3 comments. tnx.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Chudichu(m): 7:51am On May 18, 2016
Eco bank is a rubbish bank na, they can frustrate your life ehn.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by obiorathesubtle: 7:52am On May 18, 2016
Madam, calm down.. This is why banks have customer service.. This is completely unnecessary.. This happens everywhere, they have logs to prove you didn't accept the amount they debited you.. So, just make your complain to the person at the customer service desk and not your mother or Nairaland.. Abi does seun_ work at ecobank??
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Nobody: 8:00am On May 18, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Madam, calm down.. This is why banks have customer service.. This is completely unnecessary.. This happens everywhere, they have logs to prove you didn't accept the amount they debited you.. So, just make your complain to the person at the customer service desk and not your mother or Nairaland.. Abi does seun_ work at ecobank??

osumi ooo...u re on point bro

1 Like

Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 8:14am On May 18, 2016
The next day( 12/5/16) mom called to tell me she was on her way to the bank, like 30mins later she called and told me that she was in the bank and that she met the customer agent and he said that i made a withdrawal from my account( how could i when i didn't receive even a dime) so i asked to speak with him, i explained how i went to the bank to withdraw and i was debited without been paid, he said he was going to work on it, then mom called again to tell me that she met with the manager and he said my card was compromised( abeg how can my card be compromised when no took my card, it was just i and my card), then she i should call the numbers on my card....

I called and called without getting through, called and told her(mom) that i wasn't able to reach the contact center, then she went back to the bank and threatened the manager that she was going to petition the CBN for their negligence toward my case, then he started begging for her calm and told her to tell me to visit any of their branch here and write a letter which would be forwarded to Nigeria.....

I got up and went to the bank again(i already gone before to check if i was credited), on getting there i was told they were closed due to a festival and that they weren't going to be opened until Tuesday( 17/05/16 ), i almost fainted, called mom to tell her, she then said i should go to seme border on Monday( Nigeria ecobank) for help....

I was so deflated that i picked up my card and started trying their contact center, still couldnt get through, then i saw their website, i went straight to the website, saw their twitter and facebook handle, i quickly followed them on both and i sent them massages on both, i also saw their whatsapp number, i also added the number and sent them my complaints, to be fair on their part, they replied me on time on both social media(Facebook and whatsapp), they even asked for my number and i gave them my Benin number and they called asked some questions and promised to look into the matter and would get back to me.

But my problem now is shouldn't they have resolved the issue before now ( 18/05/2016)?, i thought that after 24hours an account which was debited without been paid would be credited back?, and its almost a week now and yet nothing, do they want me to die in another man's country before they credit back the money they took from me, and just so stressed and tired, i hope they get to read how unhappy one of their customers is, and consider the fact that am in Benin republic and not Nigeria o...

cc seun, lalasticala
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 8:16am On May 18, 2016
obiorathesubtle:

You can read the complete version underneath you o...tnx..

And if i hadn't made all the necessary complains i won't bring it to NL.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by obiorathesubtle: 8:26am On May 18, 2016
Sexytemi:

You can read the complete version underneath you o...tnx..

And if i hadn't made all the necessary complains i won't bring it to NL.
my bad.. I see it now..

I guess you've done the right thing by coming to Nairaland...
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 8:39am On May 18, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
my bad.. I see it now..

I guess you've done the right thing by coming to Nairaland...

I pray they get to read it, because am growing impatience
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Nobody: 9:19am On May 18, 2016
Them be correct armrobber, unprofessional, doesn't adjust to latest technology etc
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by firstking01(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2016
They will retify the problem, that i guarantee you...as far as nobody else tempered with your accout and ATM...the only problem here is ecobank, their internet system is too slow, ever since they merged them with oceanic bank, their processes and systems upgrade is nothing to write home about...

Can you imagine that i went to one of their branches @aba road in ph to do some transactions...you know, usually banks open by 8am, @most 8:05am...so, i went there before 8am, the security men asked us to be a lil bit patient...

To our utmost surprise, one of the security men came and i qoute what he said "due to some electrical faults in the bank, we can not operate todayundecided, pls visit any of our other branchesundecided"...like wtf, after we have been waiting for more than an 1hrundecided...and thats why i delibrately refused to modify and reactivate my oceanic account with them, inspite of all the text message and birthday wishes they 've been sending me...

Diamond bank sure pass...
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by kunleawosika: 11:21am On May 18, 2016
Ah!... this is a very serious case. let your mum follow up in Nigeria (i am sure Ecobank Nigeria responds faster). Get your mum to call 01-2260450 ASAP
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by issac08: 11:30am On May 18, 2016
Technology is good but at times, it bleeps up. however, your case requires urgent attention and i am assure Ecobank ombudsman (01 - 2260450) can assist.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by newboui: 11:43am On May 18, 2016
Kindly let us know the branch and date the transaction was done in Nigeria.
Sexytemi:
The next day( 12/5/16) mom called to tell me she was on her way to the bank, like 30mins later she called and told me that she was in the bank and that she met the customer agent and he said that i made a withdrawal from my account( how could i when i didn't receive even a dime) so i asked to speak with him, i explained how i went to the bank to withdraw and i was debited without been paid, he said he was going to work on it, then mom called again to tell me that she met with the manager and he said my card was compromised( abeg how can my card be compromised when no took my card, it was just i and my card), then she i should call the numbers on my card....

I called and called without getting through, called and told her(mom) that i wasn't able to reach the contact center, then she went back to the bank and threatened the manager that she was going to petition the CBN for their negligence toward my case, then he started begging for her calm and told her to tell me to visit any of their branch here and write a letter which would be forwarded to Nigeria.....

I got up and went to the bank again(i already gone before to check if i was credited), on getting there i was told they were closed due to a festival and that they weren't going to be opened until Tuesday( 17/05/16 ), i almost fainted, called mom to tell her, she then said i should go to seme border on Monday( Nigeria ecobank) for help....

I was so deflated that i picked up my card and started trying their contact center, still couldnt get through, then i saw their website, i went straight to the website, saw their twitter and facebook handle, i quickly followed them on both and i sent them massages on both, i also saw their whatsapp number, i also added the number and sent them my complaints, to be fair on their part, they replied me on time on both social media(Facebook and whatsapp), they even asked for my number and i gave them my Benin number and they called asked some questions and promised to look into the matter and would get back to me.

But my problem now is shouldn't they have resolved the issue before now ( 18/05/2016)?, i thought that after 24hours an account which was debited without been paid would be credited back?, and its almost a week now and yet nothing, do they want me to die in another man's country before they credit back the money they took from me, and just so stressed and tired, i hope they get to read how unhappy one of their customers is, and consider the fact that am in Benin republic and not Nigeria o...

cc seun, lalasticala
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 12:45pm On May 18, 2016
newboui:
Kindly let us know the branch and date the transaction was done in Nigeria.

I withdrew from Benin Republic on the 12/05/16 @ pk10( in evening), while my mom paid the money my bank @ ecobank a.y.a Abuja Nigeria on the 12/05/2016 too.(in d morning)
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 12:53pm On May 18, 2016
firstking01:
They will retify the problem, that i guarantee you...as far as nobody else tempered with your accout and ATM...the only problem here is ecobank, their internet system is too slow, ever since they merged them with oceanic bank, their processes and systems upgrade is nothing to write home about...

Can you imagine that i went to one of their branches @aba road in ph to do some transactions...you know, usually banks open by 8am, @most 8:05am...so, i went there before 8am, the security men asked us to be a lil bit patient...

To our utmost surprise, one of the security men came and i qoute what he said "due to some electrical faults in the bank, we can not operate todayundecided, pls visit any of our other branchesundecided"...like wtf, after we have been waiting for more than an 1hrundecided...and thats why i delibrately refused to modify and reactivate my oceanic account with them, inspite of all the text message and birthday wishes they 've been sending me...

Diamond bank sure pass...

hmmmmm, i have to agree with u, there was a time we Nigerians couldn't withdraw with our card, we had to go to d border, there's 2 eco bank there( big and small), can u imagine the small one was opened as @ 8:00am, but the big one which u would expect to be more standard were not opened till i left d border around 4pm o....

And due to their ATM wahala that period i went into the banking hall to withdraw from the counter, there was no network to withdraw from d counter( i have never heard that before), spent close to 7hrs before i was attended to....that was one out of the many have encountered in their hands o.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 12:55pm On May 18, 2016
kunleawosika:
Ah!... this is a very serious case. let your mum follow up in Nigeria (i am sure Ecobank Nigeria responds faster). Get your mum to call 01-2260450 ASAP

Okay, tnx.....I'll do just that.
issac08:
Technology is good but at times, it bleeps up. however, your case requires urgent attention and i am assure Ecobank ombudsman (01 - 2260450) can assist.

Okay, tnx a lot.
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by torqque7(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2016
Sexytemi:

I withdrew from Benin Republic on the 12/05/16 @ pk10( in evening), while my mom paid the money my bank @ ecobank a.y.a Abuja Nigeria on the 12/05/2016 too.(in d morning)

Hmm eco bank dealt with me until God delivered me from them..very slow in everything, Gtb should better find a way to open a branch there and take all their customers.

I had a similar problem with Gtb, in fact like 3 times but all cases were rectified within like 3 days at most.

Eco seriously needs to upgrade. Hmm so sorry dear
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 1:08pm On May 18, 2016
torqque7:

Hmm eco bank dealt with me until God delivered me from them..very slow in everything, Gtb should better find a way to open a branch there and take all their customers.

I had a similar problem with Gtb, in fact like 3 times but all cases were rectified within like 3 days at most.

Eco seriously needs to upgrade. Hmm so sorry dear

Lol, tnx dear
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by hymanflex(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sexytemi:

Lol, tnx dear

Ma, good afternoon, I need your help now nd I know you can can do it for me.
with due respect ma, the 2016 Mr nairaland election is ongoing, nd I need you to please help us with the dream of winning the elections.

the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

just type" I vote falconey Cc: NLjega"

the voting continues tomorrow and the grand finale will be held on Wednesday.

I am trusting you for this Ma.

Thanks
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
Let me not say is God that will punish that bank even though that's what is on my mind.

Those guys are hardened criminals full of lies and all that.

I hope they bankrupt soon and go buzz of...

And as for keystone bank, watch it!
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by MrCork: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
Sexytemi:
I don't really know the right section to post this, i won't mind if the mods can help me post it in the right section(tnx).

It was last Thursday(may 12 2016), my mom called me around 11am to tell me she had paid into my ecobank account, i was so happy, at least money for foodstuff, handout and hair don dey ground(so i thought)...but little did i know that those cooperate thieves were targeting me that daysad

I school at Benin republic and ecobank branches are there, and also we can withdraw with our Nigerian card without having any issues there.........

Around 4pm on that same Thursday, i got dressed and made my way to bank to go and withdraw, i was so happy that am sure the kekeno(bike man) that took me to the bank must be wondering what was wrong with me, but e no concern me o...

I got to the ATM stand, went in like a queen and inserted my card in it, pressed all the necessary things to pressed, and the next i saw was that the network went off while processing my money, didn't say anything...so i tried again and i got the network ish....just went out and ask someone else to go in, after some minutes i went in and did the same process only for it to tell me INSUFFICIENT FUNDS!, it was like i was dreaming, quickly checked my balance and i saw 1,550...for why na, abi mumcy no pay ni, rushed out of the ATM stand with guys outside asking if the ATM dey pay(i no even fit answer), ran to the nearest credit stand, bought airtime and called mom, she was like maybe it was network, that she credited me but that she would go to the bank and confirm what happened the next day, i said okay and thanked all, but my eyes were already filled with tears....

Please read the complete story of my plight towards ecobank after the next 3 comments. tnx.

....darlin..so when can I drink u? wink
Re: Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. by Sexytemi(f): 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
MrCork:

....darlin..so when can I drink u? wink

Not anytime soon o

(1) (Reply)

10 Female Celebrities Who Don’t Wear Underwears – Don’t Open This List If You Ca / Open Heavens Daily Devotional September 12, 2017 – Little Requests Limit God / She Leads Africa Is Hiring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.