Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices (15557 Views)

Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by leo1234(m): 11:14pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:
Some Nigerians are funny o

Why complain of soaring prices when we have our local rice alternative that's even more nutritious and cheaper!

Since 2015 I have stopped eating imported rice

What's your point

Is there local garri too
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 5:14am On May 19, 2016
leo1234:

What's your point

Is there local garri too

The topic is about rice. Dont come here to blab!
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Nobody: 5:47am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

Why complain of soaring prices when we have our local rice alternative that's even more nutritious and cheaper!

The question is how available is the local nutritious rice?
You will counter by saying if they ban foreign rice cultivation will increase.
Thays how they said if there is a tomato processing plant and banned importation of tinned tomato production will increase... has it increased? Is there no scarcity of the tomato?
Fish importation was banned because they wanted local farmers to increase production. Has that happened?

Pls lets be practical here. This is a country where nothing works. Wean yourself off all this feel good talk

2 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 5:56am On May 19, 2016
Babzilla:

The question is how available is the local nutritious rice?
You will counter by saying if they ban foreign rice cultivation will increase.
Thays how they said if there is a tomato processing plant and banned importation of tinned tomato production will increase... has it increased? Is there no scarcity of the tomato?
Fish importation was banned because they wanted local farmers to increase production. Has that happened?

Pls lets be practical here. This is a country where nothing works. Wean yourself off all this feel good talk

On the contrary, our local is very much available and well packaged. Like I told u, I have been eating this since 2015. Infact, wen I get the chance I normally purchase mine directly from the mill in edo state.

Its lack of info that our problem. We are so used to the imported rice when we go to market we see the nig rice, but will automatically opt for the imported variety that has probably spent more than a decade in china's silos
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Nobody: 6:21am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

On the contrary, our local is very much available and well packaged. Like I told u, I have been eating this since 2015. Infact, wen I get the chance I normally purchase mine directly from the mill in edo state.

Its lack of info that our problem. We are so used to the imported rice when we go to market we see the nig rice, but will automatically opt for the imported variety that has probably spent more than a decade in china's silos

You have access to it same as me but this doesnt answer my question
How available is it?
Do we produce enough to meet the demand of over 150m people?
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 6:39am On May 19, 2016
Babzilla:

You have access to it same as me but this doesnt answer my question
How available is it?
Do we produce enough to meet the demand of over 150m people?

Have u been to niger state??
Go there then report back on your findings
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:53am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

Not ofada rice.

We have fine par-boiled nigerian rice. Abakaliki rice and even abuja rice. Our rice is sweeter and far heathier
I really find it hard to believe cox if they are sweeter and healthier and in large quantity why are they not increasing their marketing. The rice I've heard of before was the one that has stone particles inside it but I guess the one you are saying na correct rice so let them improve on their marketing strategy and supply chain
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:56am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

Madam tell us the name of that brand of Nigeria rice widely available in any market. I'll buy a derica to cook and report if its worth my money or not.
U speak of lack of information? U expect the consumer to do marketing for them? Let dem sit down and be looking ooo. Them go see customer Lols

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Nobody: 8:18am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

Local rice is far cheaper than the imported poison u are swallowing in d name of rice. And no, the reasons for nigeria's toughness are very explicable! Corruption + single comodity export + low price of oil = economic meltdown. Its not rocket science!

It not a question of cheap, the local rice is far superior as it has bran and husks which is good for the body.

The worst thing anyone can eat is polished rice, it has no nutritional value.

Go and buy a bushel of ofada rice if you can see it and tell me whether it is cheap. angry

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by leo1234(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

The topic is about rice. Dont come here to blab!

Keep deceiving your self.

The price of all the food stuffs is on the high side, even the local rice is no longer affordable for most people.

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 10:53am On May 19, 2016
kaeforum:

It not a question of cheap, the local rice is far superior as it has bran and husks which is good for the body.

The worst thing anyone can eat is polished rice, it has no nutritional value.

Go and buy a bushel of ofada rice if you can see it and tell me whether it is cheap. angry

What u dont know is that ofada rice is not the only local rice. We have abakaliki rice, niger state rice and even gwari rice. These are local brands that are a thousand time better than their important counterpart
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Nobody: 11:40am On May 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

What u dont know is that ofada rice is not the only local rice. We have abakaliki rice, niger state rice and even gwari rice. These are local brands that are a thousand time better than their important counterpart

Agreed.
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Evalily(f): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
Yes oh why go for foreign rice when we have our local rice?

But bros have you priced local rice recently, just last week, I bought one mudu of local rice for #370, and am sure the price is still going to increase because of increased in demand and fuel price hike.
allthingsgood:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / How To Grow Your Whatsapp Contact List To Gain Thousands Of Status Views / ECOWAS Launches Regional Contest For New Currency’s Name And Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.