Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos (16944 Views)

Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers / Nigeria Workers In The Northwest Zone Ignore NLC Strike / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2016
DMerciful:
NLC did not strike from Oct till May....where we're having the longest fuel scarcity in history with fuel being sold for over N300/litre but want to commence strike now for N145/litre. Is this commonsense at all? They should be ignored!

But u yourself dont make common sense
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by iswallker(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2016
bank workers are the ones we pity most when the economy takes and down turn and they are being retrenched in their numbers, yet the turn out to be the saboteurs when labor calls people out to challenge a government of old men, by old men and for the old men...who simply have no new ideas about moving this country forward...... shocked

in any case, what kind of person risks his life to go to work when there is an ongoing labor dispute and a potentially unsafe environment...

learn how to free yourself from the chains of these inept government....

10 Steps to achieve financial independence
1. Invest in Longrich International, china
2. Entry levels include silver 65k; gold 110k; platinum 280k; vip 580k
3. Make payment to the nearest stockist/distributor
4. You immediately get your money’s worth of products
5. You can either use or sell the products; selling products is not our priority.
6. The focus is to get three people to register under you, called your legs
7. Each of your legs will in turn get three people to register.
8. This way, we can grow our placement tree to infinity.
9.Bonuses available to you and I include sponsorship bonus, placement bonus, performance bonus, retail/repeat order bonus, leadership bonus and so many other incentives like house, overseas travel and car.
10. A group support system is available to help you achieve your dreams
Contact me for more details - 08033665497
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by opius: 5:34pm On May 18, 2016
It dose not matter who join or who did not join , the fact remains that Nigerians has made there grievance known to the Govt. if APC lead Govt like let them do the wish of the people 2019 is around the conner ...

2 Likes

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by tk4rd: 5:34pm On May 18, 2016
princeade86:
i believe that if it is PDP were to be in power, Lagos state will be the first state to go on strike and they will be the one to sponsore and gather people together at ojota and pay musicians to come and play. naija......... hmmmmmnnn..... God will take control one day.
You know,, I am happy that PDP stayed by the side and watched the whole drama, (save for Fayose's stings)..
Now, it is left for Nigerians to save Nigeria. Our leaders are "Shaking Hands", and laughing, and selling petrol for ₦107 among themselves
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2016
Visman:
Yorubas are just betrayals

Very true...infact,am ashame to be one.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2016
histemple:
The strike is just another means of hypocrisy by the already divided NLC

Hey! Dont get it wrong bro,this is a protest to take back our right...SUBSIDY IS A HOAX
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by theV0ice: 5:43pm On May 18, 2016
Visman:
Yorubas are just betrayals

What promise did they make you that they didnt keep? What have you and whole clan ever fought for before?

jamst2: Very true...infact,am ashame to be one.

3 Likes

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by tk4rd: 5:46pm On May 18, 2016
jamst2:

Hey! Dont get it wrong bro,this is a protest to take back our right...SUBSIDY IS A HOAX
By what they explained, Removal of Subsidy is a good thing.. If crude oil price drops, the prices of petrol and diesel and kerosine will all drop... As simple as that..
But this government just raised the Prices last week for no single reason at all.. They couldn't blame GEJ because that would be the most stupid explanation to their actions..
THUS, THEY BLAMED THE DOLLAR

2 Likes

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 5:47pm On May 18, 2016
theV0ice:

What promise did they make you that they didnt keep? What have you and whole clan ever fought for before?

And as you're so ashamed, may shame never leave your life.

Mumu yoloba

Hey! Bro,keep it easy...we are on same page against this subsidy scam
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by webmaster3: 5:49pm On May 18, 2016
I think the reason for banks being opened is due to free movement of cars and buses. I was expecting the strike to be a total shutdown of vehicular traffic.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by AleAirHub(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2016
The strike can hold tomorrow at list my mission successfully completed Today.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

But if PDP was in power , LAGOS state could be the 1st to start the strike tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by aisha2008(m): 5:55pm On May 18, 2016
Banks are not under NLC but they affiliated to TUC and TUC are not on strike.

1 Like

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by diegwu01: 5:56pm On May 18, 2016
sandraokosun:
This strike would become a mockery to its benefactor at the end.

on a day 1 that ought to come with flee and vigour the result is evident to all mixed with an all time low enthusiasm.

for once lets get this deregulation done with and see how it goes.
their is no hardship, endurance that nigerians hasnt been faced with b4 and this wont kill us(i dont support government recklesness) but i do think this is the last straw we havent endured for once.
lets see how it goes for the next six to eight months and give kachukwu the benefit of a doubt when he said we would see the outcome.

fuel subsidy was also removed during gej time but the mistrust nigerians had with either him or his top women handlers made them request the removal for six months 1st quater in other to accertain what would happen in the 2nd quater.

true to assumptions the proceeds where squandered with multi billion naira spent on a couple buses in abuja, that in all ramification is what some folks term GEJ PALLIATIVES
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2016
tk4rd:
By what they explained, Removal of Subsidy is a good thing.. If crude oil price drops, the prices of petrol and diesel and kerosine will all drop... As simple as that..
But this government just raised the Prices last week for no single reason at all.. They couldn't blame GEJ because that would be the most stupid explanation to their actions..
THUS, THEY BLAMED THE DOLLAR

The govt is full of corruption from the era of the military regime to civillian regime, their so called hoax/scam/fake subsidy removal keeps going on but nothing to show for the economy...majority of the citizens are living in abject poverty while the so called govt/cabals/elites are feeding fat on our suffering...IT IS NOW OR NEVER...SAY NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL HOAX/SCAM.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by olutunde12(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2016
APC, setting yet another bad precedence. They bribed or compelled some bad eggs in NLC to brake the only means the people have to show their mind. See, today they are happy but tommorrow when it is against them, they start to cry like in tambowa/saraki/dogara case. APC supporters pls take a screen shut of this message and keep it. APC will later cry because of this!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by diegwu01: 6:02pm On May 18, 2016
webmaster3:
I think the reason for banks being opened is due to free movement of cars and buses. I was expecting the strike to be a total shutdown of vehicular traffic.
Its supposed to be a sit at home protest, but sensing they would strongly ignored, they resorted to coming our and physically chasing patriotic nigerians from their offices, in some cases, making attempt to block vehicular traffic to cause a gridlock, the exercise was in futility as they where worn out b4 1pm and retired to their offices
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by diegwu01: 6:03pm On May 18, 2016
olutunde12:
APC, setting yet another bad precedence. They bribed or compelled some bad eggs in NLC to brake the only means the people have to show their mind. See, today they are happy but tommorrow when it is against them, they start to cry like in tambowa/saraki/dogara case. APC supporters pls take a screen shut of this message and keep it. APC will later cry because of this!!!
Buhari wont bribe anybody
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2016
AleAirHub:
The strike can hold tomorrow at list my mission successfully completed Today.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

But if PDP was in power , LAGOS state could be the 1st to start the strike tongue tongue tongue tongue

You see,politicians are birds of same feathers...we the citizen must determine what is good for us.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 6:08pm On May 18, 2016
diegwu01:
Buhari wont bribe anybody

Guy,dont make me laugh...politics is a dirty game,never trust a politcian...mr bubu' govt is not a saint or angel....SHINE YOUR EYES!

1 Like

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by princeade86(m): 6:12pm On May 18, 2016
DMerciful:
NLC did not strike from Oct till May....where we're having the longest fuel scarcity in history with fuel being sold for over N300/litre but want to commence strike now for N145/litre. Is this commonsense at all? They should be ignored!
am sorry to say dat is you dat dint understand the game this government played. they made us suffer for fuel for up to 8 month becos they knew dat if we suffer for fuel for a long period of months, and they latter remove subsidy, people like you will say that dey do u favour. so dear griend, they really played us and many pep dont knw dat.

1 Like

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by princeade86(m): 6:15pm On May 18, 2016
jamst2:

You see,politicians are birds of same feathers...we the citizen must determine what is good for us.
you are 1000% correct. but many people dont knw. where are the artistes that performed back in 2012, u wont see dem again becos nobody is going to give dem money.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by nextstep(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2016
Smh... and those striking would complain if they could not make phone calls, travel, buy food, or get press coverage or police protection. Those other people are not striking, mind you... wink
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by jamst2(m): 6:28pm On May 18, 2016
princeade86:
you are 1000% correct. but many people dont knw. where are the artistes that performed back in 2012, u wont see dem again becos nobody is going to give dem money.

Who cares those artist are bunch of hypocrite...JUST GO & JOIN THE PROTEST!
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by uridadole: 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
KAYNINI:
Now they reject the call to protest from NLC
I hope they understand when NLC ignores their protest?

NLC never protect any worker's interest only their slfish interest. My company detest anything union. We protested and invited labour leaders. They collected 5m bribe and went away. We were scammed by labour and till date, no union. To hell with them.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by topsam1(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2016
princeade86:
i believe that if it is PDP were to be in power, Lagos state will be the first state to go on strike and they will be the one to sponsore and gather people together at ojota and pay musicians to come and play. naija......... hmmmmmnnn..... God will take control one day.

Bros use ya brain na...after the 2012 incidence, wetin happen to the subsidy fundfarouk vs otedola....what the nlc failed to realize is that this govt cant give them bribe like previous govt....the factional leader of nlc said it has giving the fg 2 weeks to resolve the issue on ground before they can take decions.....lets i for forget, 2012 strike was not started by nlc but at the end of the day, they hijacked the protest and compromised.....didnt mean any insult......on my way to watch EL league final....
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by yom2(m): 7:51pm On May 18, 2016
jamst2:
Huh! This is why we need to stand up & fight 4 our right in this country,this is a fight btw the rich & the poor,the elite & the masses,the good & the bad and the forces of light & the forces of darkness...now is the time! RISE UP GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA
i dnt think so, this time around i think its a fight between ignorance and light, darkness and awareness.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by Scetrocom: 8:23pm On May 18, 2016
sandraokosun:
This strike would become a mockery to its benefactor at the end.

on a day 1 that ought to come with flee and vigour the result is evident to all mixed with an all time low enthusiasm.

for once lets get this deregulation done with and see how it goes.
their is no hardship, endurance that nigerians hasnt been faced with b4 and this wont kill us(i dont support government recklesness) but i do think this is the last straw we havent endured for once.
lets see how it goes for the next six to eight months and give kachukwu the benefit of a doubt when he said we would see the outcome.

fuel subsidy was also removed during gej time but the mistrust nigerians had with either him or his top women handlers made them request the removal for six months 1st quater in other to accertain what would happen in the 2nd quater.

true to assumptions the proceeds where squandered with multi billion naira spent on a couple buses in abuja, that in all ramification is what some folks term GEJ PALLIATIVES
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by BizLife(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2016
They've targets to meet.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by owanedo: 9:55pm On May 18, 2016
AleAirHub:

Lagos is an enlightened state. they know when to say no and when to say yes, period.

1 Like

Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by owanedo: 9:57pm On May 18, 2016
olutunde12:
my dear, weep no more.
Re: Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos by bodeemen(f): 10:49am On May 19, 2016
http://newsdiaryonline.com/nigerians-shun-strike-action-split-within-nlc-takes-toll/

Nigerians Shun Strike Action As Split Within NLC Takes Toll

Apparently unconvinced by the divergent positions from labour unions, Nigerians in Abuja shunned the strike action called by Nigeria Labour Congress ,NLC and Trade Union Congress,TUC Wednesday.

Labour had failed to present a united front to confront the federal government which recently removed fuel subsidy and increased the pump price of petrol to a maximum of N145 per litre.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Operatives Teargass Students In #freezakzaky Protest In Abuja / "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants / Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.