Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport (8337 Views)

NNPC Says Airlines Can’t Pay For Aviation Fuel / NNPC Floods Market With Aviation Fuel, Assures Of 40-day Sufficiency Of Petrol / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 18, 2016
Many travellers were stranded at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja, on Wednesday due to flight delays caused by scarcity of aviation fuel, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

Most airlines had informed their prospective passengers about the non-availability of the product and the resultant effect of flight delays.

NAN gathered that aviation oil marketers now ration the product to airlines, including foreign airlines, due the limited supply of the product.

Mr Abdullahi Saroke, the Station Manager, Azman Air, told NAN that aviation fuel scarcity had affected the operation of many airlines for more than a week.

Saroke, however, said that Azman had not cancelled any of its flights as a result of the current development.

He said that most airlines had been able to sustain their operations with flight delays, adding that local airlines were the worst-hit.

“Local airlines are the worst-hit; we need more of the product for our operations, because foreign airlines now source for the product from their home countries.

“The product is currently being sold at between N113 per litre and N115 per litre. Total Oil had hitherto sold at N110 per litre but now sells at N115.’’

According to him, the scarcity and current price of the product has not affected ticket fare.

“Despite the challenge of fuel scarcity, the ticket price has been consistent among many airlines.’’

Confirming the developmet, Mrs Henrietta Yakubu, the Deputy General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), told NAN that airlines had been making effort to fly with pockets of delays.

Yakubu said that even though the situation had persisted, no flight cancellation had been recorded.

She said that airline operators were making efforts to meet their passengers’ needs.

A traveller, Mr Jones Aku, said that he was to travel to Port Harcourt with an 8:00 a.m. flight but was told that fuel scarcity had made it difficult for the flight to take-off.

Aku said he had waited for more than four hours expecting that the airline would announce the flight take-off.

He urged the Federal Government to urgently address the situation.

“I urge the government to urgently do something about this problem because air transportation is very critical to businesses and the economy.

“I have waited for my flight for over four hours now and I don’t even know when the flight will be ready.

“This is not good for business; this not good for the airlines and it is not good for the economy as a whole,’’ he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/aviation-fuel-scarcity-causes-flight-delays-abuja-airport/
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by drwebs: 6:28pm On May 18, 2016
ok
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by tundelis(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2016
grin grin
this should have been my FTC Hartrick for today

*modified* na 5g the guy above me dey use ni Ahan na wa o angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 18, 2016
This is a country that claims to have a transport sector ...lol
9ja just dey do me like say Na India film I dey watch... angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by YoursGEJ(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Efikman(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2016
Bubudullinho is working.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Ebubeslym(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2016
Some one told me to exercise a little patience with this inept Govt.
Stating that one year(365) days is a little too early and mischievous of me to expect wonders from this young administration.
But i was told that The taste of the food, is in the pudding.
So they should sit up and get serious.
Campaigns are over plssssss.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by princeade86(m): 6:56pm On May 18, 2016
NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by pretydiva(f): 6:56pm On May 18, 2016
Very soon,d aviation sector will join d nlc on dis ongoing strike action

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by kepsi123(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
Which consistent price? If you tried to buy another airline ticket from your booking that has been cancelled you go hear am! Arik asked me for 54k to Uyo from Abuja!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by YoungExec: 7:01pm On May 18, 2016
Any news on Air Peace? Flying tomorrow and don't want stories that touch.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
Vanguard is becoming an Ipob news site o.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Emekamex(m): 7:02pm On May 18, 2016
APC and hard times...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by GWMI(m): 7:09pm On May 18, 2016
I thought they said fuel is available everywhere what a bunch of hypocrites APC and their followers are.Only God will deliver Nigeria from betrayals and hypocrites.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by miccheck58: 7:10pm On May 18, 2016
Calm down guys......
Remember the "3 idiots"?
All is well.....
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by DeKen: 7:12pm On May 18, 2016
Mehn, this is serious.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2016
Dear Nlanders please vote and help determine which is better.

Abeg between MTN messages and Buhari led-government, which one is more annoying?

Like for Buhari Government, share for MTN messages.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by tansho(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2016
This problem will be resolved before tomorrow. Sai Baba
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 18, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Some one told me to exercise a little patience with this inept Govt.
Stating that one year(365) days is a little too early and mischievous of me to expect wonders from this young administration.
But i was told that The taste of the food, is in the pudding.
So they should sit up and get serious.
Campaigns are over plssssss.

So it is in one year that government will build the five or six refineries that we need to meet up all our fuel needs?

So it is in one year that all the mess that NNPC was left in after 16 years of PDP mismanagement would be fixed?

So....you expect us to be paying subsidy with oil prices as low as $50 per barrel.....when we need it to be at 123 USD to even balance the books.

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by GWMI(m): 7:35pm On May 18, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Abeg between MTN messages and Buhari led-government, which one is more annoying?

NwaEzefuNaMba:
Dear Nlanders please vote and help determine which is better.Both are the same failures so no difference.Just that one is own by nigerians and have hypocratic followers while the other is own by south Africa.Only God will help us.Thanks.

NwaEzefuNaMba:

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Pope22(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2016
BUHARI..What A PRESIDENT!!

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Xano(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2016
Omokunlex:
Vanguard is becoming an Ipob news site o.

While Channels TV is becoming an APC tv.

5 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by chelseabmw(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2016
This is an opportunity for arik to always delay their flight

Arik and delay means the same thing

4 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by engrjacuzzi: 8:57pm On May 18, 2016
meanwhile the so called minister of transportation is presently in China doing another thing while the masses are here in scarcity.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by BizLife(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2016
So the demand is higher than the supply.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by MakeWeTalk: 9:57pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by OakPearl(m): 11:14pm On May 18, 2016
chelseabmw:
This is an opportunity for arik to always delay their flight

Arik and delay means the same thing
My brother, u are so spot on.
Arik kept me at this same airport till 1am for a 5pm flight yesterday.
We arrived Port Harcourt airport 2am!!!
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 18, 2016
OakPearl:

My brother, u are so spot on.
Arik kept me at this same airport till 1am for a 5pm flight yesterday.
We arrived Port Harcourt airport 2am!!!
that is what happens when you have an "Able" president.. grin

Able my butt cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Excel6721(m): 7:55am On May 19, 2016
Hmmm.
Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 8:17am On May 19, 2016
MakeWeTalk:
. Buhari looking like a dullard that he is. grin

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 8:23am On May 19, 2016
So our local refineries cannot refine aviation fuel? What a mess.

I never envy airline travelers in Nigeria, even the bus terminals are better organized and professionally run.

i cant pay N60,000 for a 1 hr trip only to arrive my destination 12 hrs later because of canceled flight.

Its the height of foolishness, if the plane cant get you to your destination in on time whats the point.

Imagine someone in lagos trying to meet up with an appointment tmoro morning in abuja isnt guaranteed to catch a 7am flight .

Night buses will soon return. grin

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 8:58am On May 19, 2016
Imagine someone in lagos trying to meet up with an appointment tmoro morning in abuja isnt guaranteed to catch a 7am flight .

Try it and you're doomed tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moving To Benin Republic From Nigeria / Delta Fare Lagos-Houston(AMERICA) Promotion / A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.