Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) (32203 Views)

Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue / ''You Are A Favorite Of The Press'' - Buhari Jokes With Okowa (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On Behalf Of Muslims In Court Today (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by abobby1(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2016
Small time prize for fuel go dem go negociate to 120 na the next move. Wey we go hear I trust nigerian goverment
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by hatchy(f): 11:33pm On May 18, 2016
francisbarrack:
Most Nigerians don't realise we've been living in The Matrix. This subsidy removal is the red pill that may wake us up to reality.
We are poor. We are broke. We've been raped, pillaged, looted and left for dead.
All these years our economy has been sustained on the junk food of corruption. We have kwashiorkor but because we look chubby we think we are healthy.
Those two bedrooms in Abuja going for N700 million. Those make up artists charging 500k and pre-wedding photo shoots for 700k. Aso ebi for 90k. Buying Rolexes and Ferraris. Range Rover Sport all over Lagos like keke napep.
It is all fake. It's all a mirage. We've all been living off the spoils of corruption. That's why the country is so hard now. No money circulating. Because no money to steal and rent flats and shops for girlfriends. For civil servants to pay bogus tithes of N500k. For senators to spray dollars at their daughters' weddings. For lagos big boys to spend N2m every Friday night at nightclubs.
It's time to face reality. The party is over. Now we may see the real Nigeria and Nigerians.
Now that money will go into our roads and bridges and hospitals. It will benefit those who don't have a rich corrupt uncle with connections in oil and gas. Those who can't travel to Dubai to celebrate birthdays. Those who don't know what Coldstone ice cream tastes like.
Hopefully the real estate markets will crash. The thieves with 15 houses in abuja will be forced to sell them fast for cash. I would prefer if EFCC seized and auctioned them, though.
All those in the service industry will have to revaluate their pricing. You can't charge 500k to paint faces anymore; free money don finish.
Welcome to the real world
Hard truth but must be told.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by smtx(m): 12:06am On May 19, 2016
francisbarrack:
Most Nigerians don't realise we've been living in The Matrix. This subsidy removal is the red pill that may wake us up to reality.
We are poor. We are broke. We've been raped, pillaged, looted and left for dead.
All these years our economy has been sustained on the junk food of corruption. We have kwashiorkor but because we look chubby we think we are healthy.
Those two bedrooms in Abuja going for N700 million. Those make up artists charging 500k and pre-wedding photo shoots for 700k. Aso ebi for 90k. Buying Rolexes and Ferraris. Range Rover Sport all over Lagos like keke napep.
It is all fake. It's all a mirage. We've all been living off the spoils of corruption. That's why the country is so hard now. No money circulating. Because no money to steal and rent flats and shops for girlfriends. For civil servants to pay bogus tithes of N500k. For senators to spray dollars at their daughters' weddings. For lagos big boys to spend N2m every Friday night at nightclubs.
It's time to face reality. The party is over. Now we may see the real Nigeria and Nigerians.
Now that money will go into our roads and bridges and hospitals. It will benefit those who don't have a rich corrupt uncle with connections in oil and gas. Those who can't travel to Dubai to celebrate birthdays. Those who don't know what Coldstone ice cream tastes like.
Hopefully the real estate markets will crash. The thieves with 15 houses in abuja will be forced to sell them fast for cash. I would prefer if EFCC seized and auctioned them, though.
All those in the service industry will have to revaluate their pricing. You can't charge 500k to paint faces anymore; free money don finish.

Osibanjo made it clear that PMS increment is not as a result of subsidy removal. But as a result of Forex, his words :
“These marketers up until three months ago sourced their foreign exchange from the Central Bank of Nigeria at the official rate. However, since late last year, independent marketers have brought in little or no fuel because they have been unable to get foreign exchange from the CBN. The CBN simply did not have enough.”
So really, subsidy has not been removed, our foreign reserve has been depleted! Best thing to do is shift the burden TO THE MASSES and let them suffer for poor economic decision made earlier by this Buhari led government. If Naira continues to slide against the USD in the face of dwindling oil prices N145 per litre of PMS is just the beginning of series of increment. Making the refineries work is the only way out!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by ohenhen1: 1:58am On May 19, 2016
I really hate Nigerian unions.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Mayflowa(m): 3:11am On May 19, 2016
AmenJoan:
Great man. I spend 7000 to fill my tank currently as against the 5k it used to take. I drive an hour to work, another hour from work daily. A full tank of fuel takes me for roughly a week. So currently, I spend 28000 on transportation alone, not counting other miscellaneous about the car o. I work with FG and 28k is more than one-third of my salary. So which way naija

What kind of risk are you exposing yourself to? Why wud you drive one hour to a workplace? Can't you live near your workplace?
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:16am On May 19, 2016
The Funny truth about these issue those benefiting from subsidy are in there houses sleeping, those that are not benefiting are on the street protesting. When the price is reverse those benefiting becomes rich and those protesting still queue to get petrol.

Now is 145 all filling stations are selling, when it's was 87 there was no fuel in various filing station knowing that you Nigerian would come out and protest.

If reverse just be Ready to woke up 2am queue for 7 hours to 10 hours to get the product.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by omotroyz(m): 5:44am On May 19, 2016
AmenJoan:

Not an option with a baby and one on the way
alright, not an option. its just a matter of time, before all this rubbish ends. congratulations for the coming baby.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Niceiroko: 7:53am On May 19, 2016
Aba its nt subsidy removal.its increment n det don fail for mngmnt
clevadani:
These labour guys should be more reasonable. The subsidy is not benefiting the populace and it'll be more favourable to all if it is removed and the money invested in infrastruture.
I was against d removal by d previous regime because I knew that they would loot d money and they didn't disappoint. But in Buhari I trust.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by Niceiroko: 7:56am On May 19, 2016
Aba its nt subsidy removal.its increment n det don fail for mngmnt
clevadani:
These labour guys should be more reasonable. The subsidy is not benefiting the populace and it'll be more favourable to all if it is removed and the money invested in infrastruture.
I was against d removal by d previous regime because I knew that they would loot d money and they didn't disappoint. But in Buhari I trust.
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by orbkaf(f): 9:02am On May 19, 2016
There is no NLC anywhere, those people are fighting for there pocket, they insist on strike so that one day the govt will call themm nd give them d national cake. Jst want to use ds an opprtunity to eat d moni dt belongs to d masses.
The FG has better plans for the money, nd mojority are happy wt it.

Nigerian stands nt to be deceived.
Nd even if buhari is deceiving us, then let him deceive us in anoda way, we prefer the change.
We all are facing d doom PDP has caused us nd i beliv Ngeria will triumph
Re: Protesting Waba Addressing The Press In Abuja Today(Video) by SucreB: 10:22am On May 19, 2016
francisbarrack:
Sadly you did not make any sense. you think hardship will be over? you better wake to reality now, because hardship is just starting. before we were saying once they release budget, things will be better and money will be in circulation, but Alas, what have we seen in return? hardship upon hardship. we were still battling with no money in circulation, then they increase fuel price again. we are in Nigeria suffering, we cannot travel abroad, but buhari and his family who does not have access to such when they were not in power now have access to fly first class, imagine his teenage daughter flying BA first class?? father sef they fly up and down as if na sand dem dey use fuel the plane. and you are here saying hardship is over, in my area, we only have electricity 4-5 times in a month, i cant even prepare food and preserve anymore, spending the little i earn to eat every single day, house rent on the increase, and you are here telling me hardship is over. please what do i call this? to top up fuel on half thank gulped about 7k, please what is the meaning of this? we should stop deceiving ourselves in this country and admit we have entered "One Chance" in this bus called APC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River PDP Primaries Turn Violent. Policeman Shot Dead, 2 Wounded (Photos) / Germany Returns 1,000 Benin Bronzes To Nigeria Amid Frustrstion At Britain / 'Emergency Holy Man' - Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Obi attending PFN Meeting (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.