Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence (2581 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! / Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Chumani(f): 6:52pm On May 18, 2016
Domestic violence has become a viral issue in the society now with many women starting to speak up on the abuse they have suffered while with their husbands and in their matrimonial homes.

Many women have lost their lives to this domestic violence while many has suffered bouts of pains and emotional trauma as a result of the constant battering they receive from their spouses.

While the men who beat their wives have been called demons and beasts as a result of their actions, it would be wise for us to carefully examine this issue and put the blames where they ought to.

The society should stop painting the men as the bad one, while they have been called beasts, it would also do us good to consider the role of the women who made the men turn them into animals with their constant battering and beatings.

Please do not take it the wrong way, domestic violence is bad and no woman should have to go
through it. It is a terrible experience that may have an everlasting impact on a woman’s mental health.

Find below some of the reasons why women are
considered to be a major cause of domestic violence:

[size=16pt]1. Nonchalant Attitude[/size]

Most women who suffer domestic violence must have somehow seen the signs while they were dating their husbands. But many women prefer to live under the illusion that the men would change or they are probably madly in love with them. Love is not aggressive, it is kind. Love would not hit you hard and make you lose your mind.

Some women have been hit by their partners during courtship, yet they make up excuses for them and still walk down the aisle. A man who beats you before marriage could kill you as soon as you become his wife.

[size=16pt]2. Thirst For Materialism[/size]

Some women do not want to live within the means of their husbands and end up bruising the men’s ego. They are too sophisticated for the men they are married too and confront the men with this point.

Some women make their husbands feel worthless while shun theirs openly. Attitudes like these could frustrate anyone and bring out the beasts in them.

[size=16pt]3. Infidelity[/size]

It is not appropriate for anyone to cheat within the clause of marriage; the society promotes men as philanderers who cannot be checked as a result of their sex. This could hurt a woman and also push her to explore that option too.

If you are tired of that union, find your way out peacefully. But do not ever mock your husbands by flaunting your extramarital affairs in their faces.

Those that tried it are six feet under the ground, and those who lived to tell their own tales are not healthy
now.

[size=16pt]4. Unchecked Utterances[/size]
Women are known to be loud most times with many nagging every little chance they have. Certain words spoken by women also infuriate the men and could make them go beyond their limits.

The tongue is a sharp sword; some use their tongues to bring down their husbands and make them depressed. Do not use yours to destroy your home. Although this is not a justification on the men’s part, it would be wise for the women to steer clear of things that may birth trouble in that marriage.

[size=16pt]5. Failure To Leave An Abusive Marriage[/size]
We understand that most of the women in our society are good mothers ‘’, we implore you to stop using your children as an excuse to put up with domestic violence and abuses in your marriage.

These children would grow up and become what God wants them to be. If you die during a fatal domestic violence, these kids’ lives continue.
Women find different excuses to stay in abusive
relationships. Some profess their love for the men who beat them and think they cannot do without them.

Some simply enjoy the doses of affection that come after a violent attack from their husbands.
Marriage is not a do or die affair. Any union that
would steal your peace and cut short your life span is not worth fighting for.

http://www.onigeria.com/news/94778.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Mediapace: 6:54pm On May 18, 2016
Thumbs up op
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Jazzlite: 6:57pm On May 18, 2016
Op you're so on point...but there are some vulnerable ladies out there too.... I would not be so quick to attribute blames.... causes are often contextual....it might help to note that your wife/husband is not and never will be ur property!

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by mii4u(f): 6:58pm On May 18, 2016
Nice write up
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 18, 2016
Nice points OP.
But d title is very wrong,
No one shuld be blamed for domestic violence, no matter wat ur partner does to u, u r not supposed to raise ur fists on him or her.

What happened to divorce?

Parents shuld try to train and empower their children so they dont have to put up with an abusive partner because of financial instability.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by BluStreak(m): 6:09am On May 19, 2016
The way this present generation throw divorce around leaves much to be desired. Is this how far disconnect we have become from reality? Divorce has become a melodious hyme everyone is singing to now. In this new chant for divorce, no one stops to consider the traumatic effect it will leave on the children from such marriages. It rewires their perception to life and in some cases exposes them to various forms of abuse.

I won't wanna dig deeper into the many horrors of divorce as it affects the innocent children from the union. This however does not mean I encourage domestic violence or sitting tight in violent and life threatening marriages.

Marriage takes a lot of work to make it work. The ADULTS involved should fucckkin be adults and correct their stupidity for the interest of the innocent kids and make that marriage work. Women should learn to be loyal and bridle their tongue, for it will yield better results when they say less hurtful things to their partners. No one can understand your marriage better than you that's in it. Friends most often will encourage you to do what they wouldn't do when face with the same situation you find yourself. Better still they'd want u in the same shoes as they are - afterall, misery loves company.

We can all learn to live in peace and bring up lovely children to make our society a better place.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by misreal(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2016
BluStreak:
The way this present generation throw divorce around leaves much to be desired. Is this how far disconnect we have become from reality? Divorce has become a melodious hyme everyone is singing to now. In this new chant for divorce, no one stops to consider the traumatic effect it will leave on the children from such marriages. It rewires their perception to life and in some cases exposes them to various forms of abuse.

I won't wanna dig deeper into the many horrors of divorce as it affects the innocent children from the union. This however does not mean I encourage domestic violence or sitting tight in violent and life threatening marriages.

Marriage takes a lot of work to make it work. The ADULTS involved should fucckkin be adults and correct their stupidity for the interest of the innocent kids and make that marriage work. Women should learn to be loyal and bridle their tongue, for it will yield better results when they say less hurtful things to their partners. No one can understand your marriage better than you that's in it. Friends most often will encourage you to do what they wouldn't do when face with the same situation you find yourself. Better still they'd want u in the same shoes as they are - afterall, misery loves company.

We can all learn to live in peace and bring up lovely children to make our society a better place.
this is the wisest comment i have read so far.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Chumani(f): 11:32am On May 27, 2016
mineANDurs:
Nice points OP.
But d title is very wrong,
No one shuld be blamed for domestic violence, no matter wat ur partner does to u, u r not supposed to raise ur fists on him or her.

What happened to divorce?

Parents shuld try to train and empower their children so they dont have to put up with an abusive partner because of financial instability.
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Chumani(f): 11:33am On May 27, 2016
mineANDurs:
Nice points OP. But d title is very wrong,
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Horus(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8nrpMXvqs

[size=14pt]What Do Nigerians Think Of Domestic Violence?[/size]
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2016
No be Toks2008 thread be this?

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Toks2008(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2016
Timbuktou:
No be Toks2008 thread be this?

Jesu christi

Seun,Lalasticlala, come and see the thread i created and was pulled down from front page getting rewritten and reposted on nairaland.

What does this tell you? Apparently that write up that is not reasonable on nairaland sure made sense elsewhere. I am vindicated.

Thanks Timbuktou for your keen observation.
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Toks2008(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2016
mii4u:
Nice write up

This was originally written by me and many nairalanders asked for my head but now it is a nice write up shey.
Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by eyinjuege: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Blustreak,

Children should not be made to grow up in an environment filled with violence. It does more damage than good.
Its just a matter of time for a man violent towards his wife to become moreso towards his own blood/ child.
I'm yet to see a child in such an environment turn out right without any psychological baggage.
In as much as divorce is life changing, the pieces of such a life can still be picked up, and under the right environment such a child can still grow up normal.
No matter how much a spouse endures abuse, the children are seeing it and getting damaged. Leaving an abusive relationship isn't just about you but also about removing your children from a toxic environment.
Can you imagine how children in Syria will turn out to be in the next 10 years? Under so much violence and even encouraged to participate?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Speaking from experience...hmm i think this thread is not even receiving enough attention as it ought to, women suffer domestic violence on a second-day to day basis in nigeria, however, we all want to shy away from it.

a man is not a man until he can tame himself, i attribute hitting women to IMMATURITY.
A man who is matured would not condescend to hitting but would rather walk out of such situations.

I was in a relationship with a guy, we met during NYSC , little did i know that he also abused the person he was with before me, i dated , got engaged, and he was always pushing for the marriage to be done in a haste. I thank God i ran out, ran out i repeat, he didnt want me to leave, his family had to intervene, God so kind i later discovered he was AS genotype, and that just made my life easier, as i could hold on to his abusive nature which i endured for a very long time, lacerations today, swollen eyes tomorrow, popped blooed vessels in my eyes in january, pulled hair and wounds in february, .......and so it was till december only to start all over again january with the same sequence.

The minute i discovered i was better than what he gave me. I RAN OUT ...... You dont easily leave an early abusive relationship, its only when perhaps the man is tired......

i have a lot to commute,but time is a constraint.

IF THEY DONT CHANGE TO GET YOU; THEY WOULD NEVE CHANGE TO KEEP YOU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Major Reasons Why Women Suffer Domestic Violence by NaeChris: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Women lost their lives, Men lost their joystick to domestic violence. Point of correction.

(1) (Reply)

Man, The Family Head. How Well Is He Playing His Role? / I'm Really Really Disappointed In Most Men Today !. / How Soon Will U Start Bearing Children After Ur Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.