Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 PM

Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets (26860 Views)

7 Uses Of OTG Cables On Android And Tablets / After 17 Years Nokia Is Re-launching The 3310, World’s Most Beloved Phone / Nokia Is Back With Full Force - See First Nokia Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Esseson1(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2016
I really liked Nokia phones back in the days but right now itel has stolen my heart from her..
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by ceaser: 11:44am On May 19, 2016
If their comeback is to strictly slap only the android platform on their devices, then I think I'll pass.
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by wharley01(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2016
fistonati:
Nokia seems out of market because it respects customers privacy by not dining with powerful ghosts that are hell-bent on spying on people.

Nokia shall come back as long as they still have people's demand.
see this one, Nokia running Microsoft Windows is the prime prime prove of them spying.. you don't know windows??
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Xhaka(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2016
Smh, ama still stick with tecno
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Adesiji77: 12:36pm On May 19, 2016
Hope they have learned from their mistakes...
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by redcliff: 2:47pm On May 19, 2016
Badgers14:

Must you rain insults to make your point angry angry

Let me school you for few minutes here,

90% of smartphones runs on either Andriod or ios with Samsung and Apple topping the chart.

Apple is a big player in the smart phone world and are dominating hence making ios a preferable choice to millions of customers.

Android on the other hand is programmer friendly since it is open source and other big players LG, HTC, Samsung all run on Android leaving Nokia with a niche market to operate on with their symbian and they can't remain competitive with that... Lesson here is, give the customers what they want and they would remain loyal to your business..

Hope you learnt alot... Stop talking rubbish and reason very well.

Anyways na you get your mouth you fit use am chop $hit

Erm, please what part of my text to you was an insult? the part I said you should stop spewing rubbish or the part I called you oga? Look at your own post and tell me who did the insulting.. its very obvious that you woke up a sad man today.. lol
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by petluva: 2:49pm On May 19, 2016
For those expecting, don't expect much as per quality because Nokia already sold her technology and patent to Microsoft.
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Badgers14: 3:52pm On May 19, 2016
Elxandre:

You don't even know what you're saying.

What Nokia did wasn't working?
grin

Use that google to check how many shipments of Symbian was made before even 2011, when they still had the largest smartphones marketshare globally.

'Smartphone' was almost synonymous with Nokia/symbian before 2009.
And please smartphones didn't just take off.

The difference between feature phones and smartphones were as clear as daylight.

Symbian phones are almost as capable as your Android phones of 2016, the only major difference is speed.
Symbian even had a better multitasking platform than android.
VPN, Push mails, HD games, Document editor, you name it, Symbian had it all.

Symbian was no joke my friend!

Not even only Symbian.
Blackberry, Windows mobile, Palm OS, Web OS etc.

I take it you are ignorant about this scope, so stop pushing it. smiley

I agree they made the wrong move going with Microsoft, but stop saying Nokia wasn't a major smartphone maker.

How many smartphones was sold from 2000 to 2006 How many was sold from 2006 till date

Symbian was good and Nokia dominated with it at some point, why did Nokia lose the market then to ios and Android phones

Because they didn't give consumers what they want, simple... This is business my friend, you gotta know when the to make that transition to suit customers need, also Nokia didn't improve on their smartphone features and design till they started windows phone and their touch screen phones have alot of problems, I have used tons of them...

But don't forget, what gave Android a huge leg up was that it is open source and very programmer friendly way better than symbian..
You did bring up a good point of symbian being slow, but remember the generation that uses smartphones alot and its featurez are younger generations... They want fast stuffs and Android and ios gave it to them... Andriod even went far as being open source given them the power to basically saying, take this and tweak it as you please... Majority of apps work well with Android and ios and Nokia failed to realize this..

Do you know that samsung had a different os at some point But they switched to Android really quick

Okay my point is that Nokia had a major share in the market but customers taste changed and they didn't modify their products and tweak it to please the customers but when they did, it was too late for them ...

Don't thank me my friend, we all learn everyday...

Cheers!
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Marvell23(m): 4:14pm On May 19, 2016
arttysticfyngaz:
if it's for the battery life alone... ama wait big time. please make it snappy Nokia.

If it's battery bro forget it Nokia smartphones battery life are terrible, the market is saturated already
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by jephthal: 6:02pm On May 19, 2016
Re: Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets by Elxandre(m): 10:58pm On May 19, 2016
Badgers14:

How many smartphones was sold from 2000 to 2006 How many was sold from 2006 till date

Symbian was good and Nokia dominated with it at some point, why did Nokia lose the market then to ios and Android phones

Because they didn't give consumers what they want, simple... This is business my friend, you gotta know when the to make that transition to suit customers need, also Nokia didn't improve on their smartphone features and design till they started windows phone and their touch screen phones have alot of problems, I have used tons of them...

But don't forget, what gave Android a huge leg up was that it is open source and very programmer friendly way better than symbian..
You did bring up a good point of symbian being slow, but remember the generation that uses smartphones alot and its featurez are younger generations... They want fast stuffs and Android and ios gave it to them... Andriod even went far as being open source given them the power to basically saying, take this and tweak it as you please... Majority of apps work well with Android and ios and Nokia failed to realize this..

Do you know that samsung had a different os at some point But they switched to Android really quick

Okay my point is that Nokia had a major share in the market but customers taste changed and they didn't modify their products and tweak it to please the customers but when they did, it was too late for them ...

Don't thank me my friend, we all learn everyday...

Cheers!
I wonder how old you are, to have made these ignorant comments.

Not 2006! Symbian still shipped several millions till 2011, and was still the market leader till sometimes around then.

Who told you Symbian was not programmer friendly?

Nokia touch screen had problems?
The same Nokia reputed for having one of the best hardwares on the market?

Maybe you are talking about their resistive displays which was the mainstream screen used by everyone then.
But they transitioned to the Capacitive screens anyway, and they have always had great touch screens, from Symbian to windows phone.

Samsung was a relatively small dog in the phone market then anyways, but kudos to them for becoming the biggest player.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! Pls How Can I Unbar My Mtn Line Manually / My Reply To NCC And MTN Nigeria. / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.