Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

I Need Advice From Married People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice From Married People (2859 Views)

How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? / I Need Help And Advice From Married People I Am Tired Of Her Behavior / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice From Married People by andymola(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2016
Your advice will really save a brother. I'm in a relationship that's causing me pains right now. My woman accepted to marry me. We had done our introduction and have been working towards our marriage later this year. Last month, her attitude changed. She started getting aggressive. I pleaded she tell me what's wrong but she refused. I later found out she was communicating deeply with a certain man who wants to marry her. They communicate morning, afternoon and night. If she visits me, she always puts her phone in silent or sometimes puts it off. In all, she never told him she was in a relationship. This caused us so many troubles. I decided I back off since she's considering another man. She then promised to stop all forms of communication with him.
Always, she complains of been confused cos too many people are asking for her hand in marriage. Since Sunday, she's been very aggressive, she gets so angry anytime I complain abt how men call her. Anything I say now she gets angry. We were speaking on phone this night and she mentioned abt been confused again. That she doesn't want to make a mistake abt life partner. That three men are seriously disturbing her for marriage. I asked her why put other men on the line when she has accepted to marry me and I had done her introduction, she got angry and said she's a woman and she's allowed to entertain other men and asked me to cut the phone.
I'm really confused right now and need your advice. I'm typing with a phone.
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Olami90: 10:23pm On May 18, 2016
My brother, please don't be bothered. The signs u av there(aggressiveness, irritation and d likes) are major signs u will get from somone that is no more into you. It is almost late but never late. Put every wedding plans on hold. Her actions defines women (bunch of confused idiots).
Ibi ti won ba ti ri je, oun ni ile won.
Aye n se most of them.

Your babe seem more of d materialistic type.

She is now subjecting you to emotional torture. Ignore her completely for some time and see if she would return to factory setting or not. Gather as much evidence as you can and meet her parents/immediate family to explain the reason(s) behind ur actions to them before she wld frame u up, making u become d bad person.

I find it difficult at times to figure if their problems are more of village people or they are just naturally crazy.

Please, dnt force or beg her into changing her mind else u will on be on a long thing.
Her case is typical of somone dat doesn't know wot she is standing for, she is already falling for any$everything.
She is obviously not ready for marriage.
If she is not sensible to reconsider wot she saw bfor she had d introduction wit u, let her go I beg you.(Tho it is painful but it is for ur good). She is not worth d effort.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by obongtunji: 10:30pm On May 18, 2016
This is very clear, she doesn't want you any more that's why she is confused on who to go with. You can't force a relationship. If I were you I will allow her to go peacefully.

9 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by ojun50(m): 10:37pm On May 18, 2016
That girl is nt yr wife. Frm introduction to into- trouble, op think well befor marriage proper oh

8 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by andymola(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2016
obongtunji:
This is very clear, she doesn't want you any more that's why she is confused on who to go with. You can't force a relationship. If I were you I will allow her to go peacefully.
I have tried doing that. When she noticed I wanted to move on she did everything possible to bring me back and later the problem persists.
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by TV01(m): 11:03pm On May 18, 2016
andymola:
Your advice will really save a brother. I'm in a relationship that's causing me pains right now. My woman accepted to marry me. We had done our introduction and have been working towards our marriage later this year. Last month, her attitude changed. She started getting aggressive. I pleaded she tell me what's wrong but she refused. I later found out she was communicating deeply with a certain man who wants to marry her. They communicate morning, afternoon and night. If she visits me, she always puts her phone in silent or sometimes puts it off. In all, she never told him she was in a relationship. This caused us so many troubles. I decided I back off since she's considering another man. She then promised to stop all forms of communication with him.
Always, she complains of been confused cos too many people are asking for her hand in marriage. Since Sunday, she's been very aggressive, she gets so angry anytime I complain abt how men call her. Anything I say now she gets angry. We were speaking on phone this night and she mentioned abt been confused again. That she doesn't want to make a mistake abt life partner. That three men are seriously disturbing her for marriage. I asked her why put other men on the line when she has accepted to marry me and I had done her introduction, she got angry and said she's a woman and she's allowed to entertain other men and asked me to cut the phone.
Firstly, fall on your knees and give thanks - what has been revealed to you is by the grace of God and for your long-term well-being.

Now, confusion is not your problem, it's weakness and/or a lack of discernment. You are a man, you should at all times act boldly and firmly, especially after having time to think things over.

You drop her hard and fast; like an ebola ridden, shit covered, exceedingly hot brick. Don't look back, or entertain pleas from her, or on her behalf. End it now. As soon as you've read this piece - even if only figuratively at first grin.

And please stop referring to her as your woman - one that doesn't tell other suitors someone else has come knocking for her. In her head she is still everyones woman. Indeed, hasn't she said that much to you herself?

The next best thing that could have happened is she dumped you when the marriage proper was being planned. Every other scenario would probably have been after marriage and too woeful to even think about.

Do like I said, and yourself a favour. It may even help her reset her nonsensical thinking. She is allowed to entertain other men after betrothal - there should have been no further discussion after that - she doesn't care for, or respect you.

With husband scarcity on the rise? grin.

TV

8 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 18, 2016
op,why are you confused. I don't know really.

when we pray to God to answer our prayer,do u expect him to come down to do that?

God has just shown you that she's not your soul mate. oga,what other proof do you need?

bros,free her, so many fishes in the ocean,than to allow one confused olosho to bug you.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Meringe(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2016
It's not easy but I will advise you to leave her for your good. Unless you want to die bf your appointed time.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by cococandy(f): 12:33am On May 19, 2016
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. She's not serious about you and that's the truth. If you guys hadn't done the introduction yet, one would think maybe she's doing it because she's not sure of your readiness to commit.
But doing this after the introduction, she has no excuse.
So do the needful.
Sorry for the heartbreak. I know it hurts. Ndo

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by andymola(m): 12:56am On May 19, 2016
Thanks to everyone that has advised me. I'm going to pick myself up again.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by janefarms2015: 6:29am On May 19, 2016
Olami90:
My brother, please don't be bothered. The signs u av there(aggressiveness, irritation and d likes) are major signs u will get from somone that is no more into you. It is almost late but never late. Put every wedding plans on hold. Her actions defines women (bunch of confused idiots).
Ibi ti won ba ti ri je, oun ni ile won.
Aye n se most of them.

Your babe seem more of d materialistic type.

She is now subjecting you to emotional torture. Ignore her completely for some time and see if she would return to factory setting or not. Gather as much evidence as you can and meet her parents/immediate family to explain the reason(s) behind ur actions to them before she wld frame u up, making u become d bad person.

I find it difficult at times to figure if their problems are more of village people or they are just naturally crazy.

Please, dnt force or beg her into changing her mind else u will on be on a long thing.
Her case is typical of somone dat doesn't know wot she is standing for, she is already falling for any$everything.
She is obviously not ready for marriage.
If she is not sensible to reconsider wot she saw bfor she had d introduction wit u, let her go I beg you.(Tho it is painful but it is for ur good). She is not worth d effort.
this is d most matured words of advice to you, hmmm my brother, ponder over this and all other advices given,be a man u will never regret! 90 percent of Nigerian ladies are deviish

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by PresVA: 6:50am On May 19, 2016
Your girl doesn't really love you or rather isn't content with you, that's why she's trying to give other guys a chance. ..

If she were fulfilled with you, she would ignore other suitors especially as you hv done introduction. ..

Just ignore her...

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by misreal(m): 7:02am On May 19, 2016
andymola:
supposing you were being pursued by three lions,would you come online to ask whether or not to run?? seriously,women always dream of the day they get married to a certain prince charming.so when after her introduction,she still considers other men.then u r not her prince charming.free yourself from her burden sir.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by mukhcech(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2016
andymola:

I am a married young man and it is sad seeing what people go through cos of marriage. I met and married my wife in less than two weeks. We are happily living together(No be say I be rich man o) going to be three yrs soon. I no get time for relationship nonsense and wahala.

Now my advice, she has no right to be talking with other men and even becoming agressive when u bring up the isssue. You are the man and you state the terms. I am sorry if u try to be the most gentle man in the world buh being taken as a fool. First, call off the engagement or introduction. Gather evidence as someone said. Let both families know why u calling off the introduction. Pls stop being afraid of loosing her, she is not worth you until she shuts out other men from her life.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Nobody: 8:11am On May 19, 2016
Oga you better kneel down and thank your God
God is really on your side
3 men!!! After intro? shocked
I know it hurts but you will look back on this in a few years time and thank God again for your lucky escape.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Acidosis(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2016
LOL

If you marry that woman, you may regret your action as she'd forever remind you of these 3 men.

You on the other hand can turn aggressive.

Run for your life, now that you can.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Nobody: 9:05am On May 19, 2016
Run my dear, someone out there will make you a happier man. If you go ahead and marry here, she will continue to nagg all through her life time. Is she up to 28yrz? she acts immature.
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by andymola(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2016
angelusbrut:
Run my dear, someone out there will make you a happier man. If you go ahead and marry here, she will continue to nagg all through her life time. Is she up to 28yrz? she acts immature.

thanks for ur advice. She's 27yrs
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Dabbyfab: 9:43am On May 19, 2016
She knows you will make a good husband and probably ur financially ok but her heart lies with someone else. If those guys have the qualities you have in terms of being good and financially stable she will would have left you long time. If I were you I will let her be,you won't be happy with any woman that loves another man, it will take her years to come around. She will keep thinking that the grass would have been greener on the other side. It happened to my cousin and she called off the wedding and followed her heart. Your girl will be doing you good if she does so

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:27am On May 19, 2016
Bros, you never see wife. Keep searching.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Jamean(f): 10:56am On May 19, 2016
I posted sometime ago that there's no one perfect partner for everybody. If it were so, take an instance of a young man who passed on at 26years. All things being equal he could have been married at 30years, so what happens to the assumed lady he would have married even though they never met before his death. Wouldn't she have married someone else and still have a good marriage ?

It's okay to have a number of suitors as a lady... But how you manage your relationship is key to either mar or make your current relationship. The man on board should feel in charge, especially if he's a great guy, don't rub it in his face because he could have been with a better woman too. At this I do not encourage the aggression of your lady, it seems like she feels she's doing you a favour.

I will suggest you have a very intimate and comprehensive conversation with her; reinforcing your feelings and intentions. Let her also share her sentiments and plans in all honesty and make a decision to be with you. If she is still confused about it, give her sometime to be alone. Reduce the frequency of communication and expressions. She needs her head to be clear and not make a decision out of pity. The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

If she's sure she wants to be with you then ties with other suitors has to be strained if not this can encroach infidelity and comparison when you eventually marry. If she chooses to be with someone else, let her be. You'll definitely be happy too.

Don't be desperate, love is a state of mind.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Blade21: 11:08am On May 19, 2016
please call off de engagement am sure she's confused because some of those guys rich pass you just call it off and don't look back when she's ready she should come back that's if it's not too late for her, NB: she's going to hurt you the reason she hasn't done that yet is becuase one of those guys never propose so call it off
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by TV01(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2016
tearoses:
Oga you better kneel down and thank your God
God is really on your side
3 men!!! After intro? shocked
I know it hurts but you will look back on this in a few years time and thank God again for your lucky escape.
Abi? Can you imagine - next level divine intervention will be to send an angel to konk his head and give him new glasses grin.

How far na? Got my Pali cool

TV

Meanwhile, were is Kuylie/Sambarry?
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by treasuredkids(f): 1:31pm On May 19, 2016
Best advise so far. Bottom line talk with her, give her enough time to think things through and in the interim cut any form of communication and seeing face to face. If she's toying with ur emotions she would know better when she sees the seriousness of u being ready to move on with or without her. If she comes calling back, make I go through series of questioning so u will be sure she's not acting on emotions but from a conscious understanding that she's ready to accept the responsibilities of her choice to stay by u. Dis will prevent u from being subject to any emotional blackmail in the near future.
Jamean:
I posted sometime ago that there's no one perfect partner for everybody. If it were so, take an instance of a young man who passed on at 26years. All things being equal he could have been married at 30years, so what happens to the assumed lady he would have married even though they never met before his death. Wouldn't she have married someone else and still have a good marriage ?

It's okay to have a number of suitors as a lady... But how you manage your relationship is key to either mar or make your current relationship. The man on board should feel in charge, especially if he's a great guy, don't rub it in his face because he could have been with a better woman too. At this I do not encourage the aggression of your lady, it seems like she feels she's doing you a favour.

I will suggest you have a very intimate and comprehensive conversation with her; reinforcing your feelings and intentions. Let her also share her sentiments and plans in all honesty and make a decision to be with you. If she is still confused about it, give her sometime to be alone. Reduce the frequency of communication and expressions. She needs her head to be clear and not make a decision out of pity. The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

If she's sure she wants to be with you then ties with other suitors has to be strained if not this can encroach infidelity and comparison when you eventually marry. If she chooses to be with someone else, let her be. You'll definitely be happy too.

Don't be desperate, love is a state of mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by andymola(m): 3:52pm On May 19, 2016
You guys have really been wonderful. She has seen the thread.
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Nyceguy92: 4:11pm On May 19, 2016
[quote author=andymola post=45751002]

Here is what is happening:
Granted nobody wants to make a mistake in choice of a partner.
She finds in you a trait that she likes and doesn't want to lose.
Same for the other suitors.

Her present confusion stems from a difficulty in deciding which of the qualities to sacrifice for the other.
It may well be that she has decided that you are the sacrificial lamb.
That explains her present attitude ...to make you be the one to call it quits.

My verdict: Stop further moves. Give her time to make up her mind.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by dep07(f): 5:00pm On May 19, 2016
Op I will say take a walk .she's not doing you a favour by agreeing to marry you.if at this stage she's still confused, then it is better to free her .

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by Acidosis(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2016
andymola:
You guys have really been wonderful. She has seen the thread.

Oh really?! What's her stance now?
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On May 19, 2016
andymola

regardless of her new stance still go ahead and take a break from the relationship

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by SAMBARRY: 8:02pm On May 19, 2016
Right here cool cool

I'm Right here tv wink
TV01:

Abi? Can you imagine - next level divine intervention will be to send an angel to konk his head and give him new glasses grin.

How far na? Got my Pali cool

TV

Meanwhile, were is Kuylie/Sambarry?

Re: I Need Advice From Married People by SAMBARRY: 8:11pm On May 19, 2016
Op there's one song Sean Kingston and Justin beiber sang and it's as if they sang it for u.you need to get that album. The song goes Lik this

Shawty is a minie minie manimo lover

Please make up your mind

Please don't waste my time

I wish your a55 could get together

The koko of the matter is that she's indecisive. You probably are her option B so you better talk to your legs and or find out what she wants so you don't enter one chance

Next
Re: I Need Advice From Married People by focus7: 8:13pm On May 19, 2016
I know you only came here to take advice but you won't heed it, you will still want to follow your own will. But since you asked for it, I advise that you should never marry that lady, you won't be happy with her cos she will always be believing that she made a mistake in marrying you when she had other men to chose from. Dump her and move your ife forward to let her live in her game world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Accidentally Takes Viagra: His Wife Forced To Take Sick Leave / .... / She Wants More Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.