Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,222 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table (15335 Views)

Francis Mgboh, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Writes Orji Uzor Kalu For His Negotiation / South east (5%) says no to NLC protest / Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Emmysteve(m): 4:15am On May 19, 2016
The Federal Government on Wednesday said it was prepared to reopen negotiation with the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) over the fuel price hike.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, said in a statement on Wednesday night that the strike action called by the NLC to press for the reversal of fuel price will neither earn more money for the government or repair the refineries.

He, however, debunked claims by the leadership of the NLC that government did not consult the union before announcing the new pump price, adding that government and labour met twice on the issue with organised labour offering its own suggestions on the template presented by the Minister of Petroleum.
Ngige appealed to the NLC leadership led by Ayuba Wabba to return to the negotiating table, saying he has obtained the mandate of the government negotiating team to reopen negotiation with them.
The statement reads: “The Honourable Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. (Dr.) Chris Nwabueze Ngige is constrained to respond to a number of issues which were raised today (Wednesday) by the President of the Nigerian Labour Congress, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, after he led the NLC to withdraw from the negotiation between the Federal Government and organised labour on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
“It is instructive to note that most Nigerians have shown great understanding of the fact that the current problem is not a subsidy removal issue, but how to deal with the non-availability of foreign exchange, a situation that leaves the federal government with no other choice than to deregulate the downstream of the petroleum sector which resulted in rise in pump price of petroleum.
“In view of the above, the federal government is fully committed to the quick implementation of the palliatives in the 2016 budget, while developing other ways to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians.
“The federal government appreciates all the important issues raised by the labour unions and has taken them into consideration. Government is resolute in making sure that the economy is not only strong, but able to provide jobs and opportunities for all Nigerians.

“The federal government went to court to seek an injunction restraining labour from embarking on strike because there is a clear process of declaring labour strike under the law. It is therefore the view of government that those processes were not complied with before the NLC called the strike.”

www.thenationonlineng.net/fg-nlc-return-negotiation-table/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Dreal11247: 4:24am On May 19, 2016
ok
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by 2undeee(m): 4:29am On May 19, 2016
Chai so all this english now be say no reduction the last price na N145 Chai dere is God oh

1 Like

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by seunlayi(m): 4:29am On May 19, 2016
So this people knew they did negotiations with the fake faction of nlc

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Brightology2(m): 4:35am On May 19, 2016
Wetin concern me
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by igraman(m): 4:44am On May 19, 2016
kk
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Emmysteve(m): 4:45am On May 19, 2016
I thought agreement has been reached with the Ajaero abi na Ojoro faction. Lmfao confused government.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by stzy(m): 4:56am On May 19, 2016
Did. This government remove subsidy ordid they just increase the price?

1 Like

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Nobody: 5:34am On May 19, 2016
stzy:
Did. This government remove subsidy ordid they just increase the price?

d ojoro faction self ehn

3 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by segebobo: 5:44am On May 19, 2016
Emmysteve:
I thought agreement has been made with the Ajaero abi na Ojoro faction. Lmfao confused government.
Pls I need someone to educate me why we have factions in NLC.
I thought there should only be a single president. Now that we have factions, who collects the dues?
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Burger01(m): 6:19am On May 19, 2016
^^^
A house divided against itself cannot stand.

I always give kudos to comrade baba Osho led NLC.... Mehn, that's the definition of NLC and not chop and clean mouth NLC we have today undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Jirate(m): 6:25am On May 19, 2016
Emmysteve:
I thought agreement has been made with the Ajaero abi na Ojoro faction. Lmfao confused government.

They have come to realize that the faction they reached an Agreement with is the Weak One, so they are trying to reach out to the Stronger One, but NLC is now aware that this Government cannot be Trusted.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Firefire(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2016
Burger01:
^^^

I always give kudos to comrade baba Osho led NLC.... Mehn, that's the definition of NLC and not chop and clean mouth NLC we have today undecided

And the same baba Osho presided over the Ajero's faction discussion with APC Goverment of divide and rule.

What an evil precedent this Goverment is setting.

Btw: I don't support the strike action, I believe in continuous dialogue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by honsaint(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2016
So touching
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Burger01(m): 6:33am On May 19, 2016
Firefire:

And the same baba Osho presided over the Ajero's faction discussion with APC Goverment of divide and rule.

What an evil precedent this Goverment is setting.

Btw: I don't support the strike action, I believe in continuous dialogue.
Well, I wasn't talking about any faction of NLC bruh, I merely talked about how good NLC was under baba Osho those days. Then, if NLC cough, government go shake..

Yeah, I don't support the strike action either .. I believe in dialogue bruh..

Yet, while all that is going on, Forte Oil sold fuel @109-110 yesterday...and they say your president is foooolish! As for me, shebi na Buhari..I trust in him bruh smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Nobody: 6:35am On May 19, 2016
Let them increase the minimum wage, let their be money in the hands of workers which will eventually reach the hands of traders and artisans.
But this govt is confused shaa, Kachikwu said fuel has been fully deregulated while Osinbanjo said its not deregulated that its just to reflect the exchange rate. Who di we believe.
I lost my respect for NLC long ago during Obasanjo's regime when Oshiom"ole" shamelessly deceived workers and now they re factionalised.

2 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by TheNonce: 6:39am On May 19, 2016
angry

NLC? Factions? I guess they have become a political party!
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Firefire(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2016
Burger01:
Well, I wasn't talking about any faction of NLC bruh, I merely talked about how good NLC was under baba Osho those days. Then, if NLC cough, government go shake..

Yeah, I don't support the strike action either .. I believe in dialogue bruh..

Yet, while all that is going on, Forte Oil sold fuel @109-110 yesterday...and they say your president is foooolish! As for me, shebi na Buhari..I trust in him bruh smiley

If Osho would be a good stateman, he should never have participated in any meeting with factional and weak NLC leadership under Ajero. I saw the video of their meeting, I can tell you it was empty with unclear future for Nigerian workers if that Ajero was made to lead the union. "We would set up a committe, and another super committe, to submit a report to a committe who will dialogue with FG commitee... And the buhahaa continues"

Btw:
Do you have the video recording of Forte Oil selling below official pump price of N145? I read where they denied ever doing so on Vanguard.

4 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Nobody: 6:49am On May 19, 2016
NLc seriously need 2 hv a round table talk within demselvs.no hous fights tselvs n stand...how can an organizatn like nlc dat stands as d last hop of d masses b so disorganized n internaly fractured..nlc need 2 fight 4 deir unity first b4 dey fight 4 workers...
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Burger01(m): 6:50am On May 19, 2016
Firefire:

If Osho would be a good stateman, he should never have participated in any meeting with factional and weak NLC leadership under Ajero. I saw the video of their meeting, I can tell you it was empty with unclear future for Nigerian workers if that Ajero was made to lead the union. "We would set up a committe, and another super committe, to submit a report to a committe who will dialogue with FG commitee... And the buhahaa continues"

Btw:
Do you have the video recording of Forte Oil selling below official pump price of N145? I read where they denied ever doing so on Vanguard.
I agree on your submission on baba Osho. He disappointed there.

Nope, I don't have the recording of Forte Oil selling at that rate.. Read it somewhere. smiley
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Badboiz(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2016
Ngige doubles as a senator and minister??. #Interesting.
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by pendusky(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2016
lol
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Cannonleo(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2016
Burger01:
^^^

actually Osho baba is now the problem in the NLC now, as he us in charge of keeping labour in limbo
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by lakeside69: 8:16am On May 19, 2016
This APC govt rode on the overwhelming popular backing to get to where they are today, and if there was anything that broke the Jonathan's govt, it was the poor handling of the 2012 strike. I urge this govt to be deft and plain in its discussions with labour. They should not use the divided house of the NLC to go on the advantage.
In as much as i dont support d strike over the fuel pump increase, i support a strike on the increasing hardship Nigerians are made to go thru flowing from no light for days, no fuel, bad roads everywhere, daily loss of jobs, an almost comatose economy and the constant rise in inflation with a almost bad naira.
Strike over these problems make sense. But let govt and NLC return to the negotiating table and give Nigerians and Nigeria a direction!
God bless Nigeria!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2016
The table is already vandalised
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2016
Please remember to use condom sir! undecided undecided
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by luvinhubby(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2016
Nemesis is a baskard !

To think that Chris Ngige as a senator from Anambra state, 4 yrs ago vehemently kicked against a bill in the senate to prohibit labour unions from using strikes as a bargaining tool is today pleading with NLC to stop strike & dialogue.
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Lincoln275(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2016
awon were 100%
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by Leoswaggs(m): 9:05am On May 19, 2016
The best thing now na 4 Baba to resign..its clear he doesn't know what he's doing..make he cari he Vice along too

3 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by ringi82(m): 9:05am On May 19, 2016
Abi o..

3 Likes

Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by free2ryhme: 9:06am On May 19, 2016
grin
Re: FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table by booblacain(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2016
Burger01:
^^^

Even the Osho led NLC was a scam, Odumakin hinted it.

After leaving school,I have
participated in so many
protests against “subsidy
removal”. I recall the days of
Obasanjo when Adams
Oshiomole as NLC President
would ostensibly have agreed
with the government on pump
price and they would fix
something higher
. The
demagogue would then led
the country to
protest.Whenever it was time
to decide on strike,he would
allow us radicals to speak
without inhibitions but after
two or three days of protest he
would go for “negotiation”.By
the time he summons the
meeting to call off the strike to
accept the offer from
government,he would ensure
that only his henchmen are
allowed to speak in favor of
strike “suspension
.” - Yinka Odumakin.

www.nairaland.com/3110165/yinka-odumakin-count-me-out

So you see, it has always been a scam.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Uche Secondus Received N250m From Dasuki For Special Duties - EFCC Reveals / NNPC Rejects Falana’s FOI Request On Fuel Importation, Not A Public Institution / How Buhari Can Avert This Looming War BY DELE MOMODU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.