Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,993 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (79958 Views)

Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos / Manatee Killed At Oguta Lake In Imo (Photos) / Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Elnino4ladies: 9:59pm On May 19, 2016
We kill everything in naija
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by cbrass(m): 9:59pm On May 19, 2016
Tynasparks:
thanks dear

you welcome wink

any plans for the weekend? kiss
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by marlockj: 9:59pm On May 19, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
you cant try this in advance country you will go to jail. asap

Advance country Na name of country?

This is nigeria.....

Why u no go advance?

someone catch his meat ur talking about advance country...

Advance country don't catch fishes from water and eat?.then how do Dey get fish in their diet?

advance country Dnt eat meat,where do they get poke meat from n beef??oh I 4got they usually sing to live animal and the live animal will get a knife n kill itself...

4 Likes

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Midastorch(m): 10:00pm On May 19, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
This is a Seal
thumbs up,that's what I know it yo be also
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by waice6571: 10:01pm On May 19, 2016
Manatee; It is also known as Sea-cow.

I read an article about it long time ago. I thought the mammal belong to yesteryears and scientific imaginations.

You choose a wrong water to swim and a wrong location to appear.

Well, RIP Manatee.

3 Likes

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 19, 2016
greggng:
If this creature meets you helpless inside the ocean, you re goner.
Manatees are non aggressive herbivores...they are extremely rare....this animal is native to the Americas, it must have made it s way down here in search of better living conditions or following some freak ocean current...this animal is not only of here interest to scientists and conservationists, it can also help us understand the changing nature of our climate...the people who killed this animal just made the black race look silly

2 Likes

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by omotroyz(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2016
bastien:
Forbidden creature

The Bible sef condemn am
forbidden you say? u are even more ignorant than those that killed it.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by yinkus204(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2016
khalhokage:

Not every animal Mr man.
why ar nigerian is against there fellow men, did u complain wen a Chinese man eat lizard

2 Likes

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Atk1nson(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2016
People perish because of lack of knowledge. If only they knew this animal is a threatened specie, worth a thousand times more alive than dead
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by bastien: 10:04pm On May 19, 2016
omotroyz:

forbidden you say? u are even more ignorant than those that killed it.
abegi, u can't eat everything in this world, na your type they eat monkey
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by timilehin007(m): 10:05pm On May 19, 2016
khalhokage:

Not every animal Mr man.
even if drone mistakenly fall in some part of naija they will roast nd chew it
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by brownlolly(m): 10:05pm On May 19, 2016
These stupid Niger Deltans/Riverians don't know that manatees are endangered species, most especially that huge size. Dumbfucks. All they do is kill.

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Tynasparks(f): 10:06pm On May 19, 2016
cbrass:

you welcome wink
any plans for the weekend? kiss
yes sir
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Gbelexy(m): 10:07pm On May 19, 2016
amiskurie:
Rivers people never heard of sea lions before?

I thought kamanute was a footballer

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by mickey45: 10:07pm On May 19, 2016
strangest:
Food.... All yo talking about chill... Wait till a shark get you in water... Hopefully it will chill for you..

So you support this cannibalism too?
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by greggng: 10:09pm On May 19, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Manatees are non aggressive herbivores...they are extremely rare....this animal is native to the Americas, it must have made it s way down here in search of better living conditions or following some freak ocean current...this animal is not only of here interest to scientists and conservationists, it can also help us understand the changing nature of our climate...the people who killed this animal just made the black race look silly

Thanks for the education before now I was of the opinion that all creature inside the ocean especially large ones re dangerous. Once again thank u for educating me
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by omotroyz(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2016
bastien:
abegi, u can't eat everything in this world, na your type they eat monkey
first of all, I didn't support the killing of this creature. but since it was killed, it can be eaten, nothing to forbid about it or u wan tell me say them no dey eat shark?. and oh, monkey no be bad meat OK? u need to try it. abi e get wetin dey inside monkey to forbid? abeg let me know.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by abdulkadirmusa1(m): 10:14pm On May 19, 2016
A seal
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 19, 2016
greggng:

Thanks for the education before now I was of the opinion that all creature inside the ocean especially large ones re dangerous. Once again thank u for educating me
Much respect to you Sir, you're a very wiseman smiley
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 10:16pm On May 19, 2016
amiskurie:
Rivers people never heard of sea lions before?

I thought kamanute was a footballer

now you're casting aspersion at the whole of Rivers people. Smh

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by BomboyOnline: 10:17pm On May 19, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
This is a Seal

It is a manatee aka seacow.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by rosieflower2(f): 10:18pm On May 19, 2016
Lolzzzzzzz.. Una Jst dey talk una own for here meat wey dem don chop wit correct shekpe

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by masqot(m): 10:19pm On May 19, 2016
Black men are cruel, primitive and non-conservative. They brutalized the helpless creature before sharing its meat. Eat all today and starve tomorrow
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by omotroyz(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2016
timilehin007:
wink
timilehin007:
trust us.

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by HDT13(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2016
Africa always after the belly. that fish is rare and we could have had more. what happen to research and conservation. it's high time for Africa to start thinking with their head and not belly. God help us.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by HDT13(m): 10:22pm On May 19, 2016
Africa always after the belly. that fish is rare and we could have had more. what happen to research and conservation. it's high time for Africa to start thinking with their head, ahead and not belly. God help us.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by bastien: 10:22pm On May 19, 2016
omotroyz:

first of all, I didn't support the killing of this creature. but since it was killed, it can be eaten, nothing to forbid about it or u wan tell me say them no dey eat shark?. and oh, monkey no be bad meat OK? u need to try it. abi e get wetin dey inside monkey to forbid? abeg let me know.
I believe say u Christian bah?
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by Jidmic(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2016
it not sea lion, it is called SEAL .
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by 19naia(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2016
Its listed as endangered species and protected by law. This post has just presented incriminating evidence.

[url][/url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_manatee

~~ "Conservation
From November 2004 until December 2007, the West African Manatee Conservation Project completed Phase I. During this phase, residents of six African countries (Mauritania, Senegal, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone) put together a database of previously unknown information about the species (such as population, economic value, and habitat range) by conducting surveys in their countries. Other African countries also contributed reports that broadened knowledge of the African manatee. Because of the work done during this phase, the general public, young children, and experienced scientists alike are receiving better information than ever before as to how to protect the African manatees. Phase I also allowed for up-close examination of the African manatee's way of life through field work.

Due to the large-scale success of Phase I, a Phase II is to be enacted by Wetlands International. During Phase II, the information collected in Phase I will be even more widely distributed around the areas in which the African manatee lives, and the second phase will focus on "improving legislation and developing research, communication, and education." [14]

"The African manatee is listed on Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES)", which states that trade in any species on the list is to be very carefully watched out for and terminated. Laws protect the African manatee in every country in which it lives. However, laws will do nothing if they are not enforced, which is unfortunately the case with the African manatee. Due to mass lack of enforcement and education, the African manatee population is still being steadily depleted.[5]

References "~~

1 Like

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 10:25pm On May 19, 2016
Dear Seun/Moderators,
What is more sickening than seeing mediocrity and illiteracy celebrated? You have done well to silence topics involving Secessation, IPOB, Betting, etc citing questionable reasons..whatever, it's your blog, but I ask you to extend the same rules to Animal Stories.. there's absolutely no justification for grazing nigeria's largest blog with the gory pictures of a dismembered endangered Marine animal where countries showcase Rescues of Beached Whales. Una no dey go Reddit? Can you go there and post any rubbish? They down vote you immediately..we are perceived as Savages already, don't reinforce that fact when serious black men are working day and night to kill the stereotype. You owe it as a duty to educate people..its called new media for a reason!
Bollocks to GEJ-he was a Zoologist and never for one day use this qualification to improve animal rights in Nigeria.
Bollocks to the Ministry of environment , Bullocks to all Veterinary Professionals, Animal Scientists and Wildlife lovers in Nigeria for allowing fools kill snakes and not go to jail( herpetologists earn big money., don't put them out of work)
Bollocks to all social media sites that glorify criminals (a man is airlifting 90 rhinos from S.A to Oz this year to prevent their extinction, and we are still killing Dwarf Alligators for meat)

Fools will kill all their animals while the white man mesmerises him on National Geographic with what he should ordinary know in a Biology Class..

Finally, God Punish Nigerian Politicians for sins committed or uncommitted!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by omotroyz(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2016
rosieflower2:
Lolzzzzzzz.. Una Jst dey talk una own for here meat wey dem don chop wit correct shekpe
Lol. e pain me say I no join people wet chop am. e no easy to chop such fish o. grin
rosieflower2:
Lol. e pain me say I no join people wet chop am. e no easy to chop such fish o.
Re: Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) by omotroyz(m): 10:26pm On May 19, 2016
rosieflower2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wild Boar Killed By Hunters In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Photos) / Wild Albino Chimpanzee Spotted In Uganda, Killed (Photo) / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.