Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

MTN Zone High Tariff Charges - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Zone High Tariff Charges (1907 Views)

Airtel Tariff Plans: A Guide To Choosing The Best Plan That Suits You / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Glo Launches Glo Jollific8: Another Tariff Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Exodusontop(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, i have been enjoying mtn zone ever since its inception not until few days ago when the charges became outrageous to an extend of 40k/sec. All efforts to complain to complain to their customer care has being fruitless. my question; i really want to know if the high charges in mtn zone is peculiar to my line alone because am already making plans of abandoning the network for another. Is anyone in the house also charged that high?
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Tomjazzy2: 12:17pm On May 19, 2016
I since opted out of that booby trap long ago
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Exodusontop(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
which are you now and how is it? the code pls
Tomjazzy2:
I since opted out of that booby trap long ago
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Tomjazzy2: 4:00pm On May 19, 2016
Exodusontop:
which are you now and how is it? the code pls

I am currently on etisalat better life 4.0

6.6k per second to any network, though with a daily access fee of 5naira

1 Like

Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 19, 2016
Exodusontop:
Hello Nairalanders, i have been enjoying mtn zone ever since its inception not until few days ago when the charges became outrageous to an extend of 40k/sec. All efforts to complain to complain to their customer care has being fruitless. my question; i really want to know if the high charges in mtn zone is peculiar to my line alone because am already making plans of abandoning the network for another. Is anyone in the house also charged that high?

I discovered such yesterday; I have moved to new pulse @ 11kobo per second after you have used #10. For me it's better than zone -no time restrictions. *406# to migrate.
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Kezifils(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2016
Loaded 2h with the hope of talking for long at the usual 12k/s, only for the airtime to varnish after a few minutes. Did the maths and noticed dey charged me 40k/s. They intend for everyone to abandon the tariff. Well Easylife 4.0 does it for me. Bye Bye MTN
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by zitauju(f): 9:50pm On May 19, 2016
Kezifils:
Loaded 2h with the hope of talking for long at the usual 12k/s, only for the airtime to varnish after a few minutes. Did the maths and noticed dey charged me 40k/s. They intend for everyone to abandon the tariff. Well Easylife 4.0 does it for me. Bye Bye MTN

What is the migration code for easy life 4.0?
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by JideSM: 7:29am On May 20, 2016
Exodusontop:

Y'ello Exodusontop, sorry for any inconvenience. Please note that MTN Zone has a base rate of 40k/sec and the maximum discount you can get is 70% which is 28kobo out of the 40kobo base rate. This implies that you can be billed as low as 12kobo and as high as 40kobo. The peak period is 6.00pm - 9.000pm and Off peak-period is 9.01pm-5.59pm.

Moreso, the plan will determine your billing rate as a result of two mixes- location and time of the day. It is important to turn on your device Cell Broadcast so as to get the billing rate before making calls. You may need to provide your phone number and device type and location for further assistance.

However, we have other tariff plans like MTN BetaTalk, MTN Pulse, MTN SmoothTalk+, MTN TruTalk.

1 Like

Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Kezifils(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2016
zitauju:

What is the migration code for easy life 4.0?

*420*1#
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Supremor(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2016
JideSM:

Y'ello Exodusontop, sorry for any inconvenience. Please note that MTN Zone has a base rate of 40k/sec and the maximum discount you can get is 70% which is 28kobo out of the 40kobo base rate. This implies that you can be billed as low as 12kobo and as high as 40kobo. The peak period is 6.00pm - 9.000pm and Off peak-period is 9.01pm-5.59pm.

Moreso, the plan will determine your billing rate as a result of two mixes- location and time of the day. It is important to turn on your device Cell Broadcast so as to get the billing rate before making calls. You may need to provide your phone number and device type and location for further assistance.

However, we have other tariff plans like MTN BetaTalk, MTN Pulse, MTN SmoothTalk+, MTN TruTalk.
to he'll with MTN and your useless pocket-draining tariff plan but who cares when I can make calls as low as 11k/s on etisalat easy life 4.0 after #5 deduction from the first minute call of the day for me mtn isn't an option when it comes to making calls in fact for me mtn comes last glo also has something similar to what etisalat offers

1 Like

Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Exodusontop(m): 10:16am On May 20, 2016
Thanks. But there is no need for your ''other tariff plans'' as i have dumped my mtn sim for other network.
JideSM:

1 Like

Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Leorichy: 10:20am On May 20, 2016
Exodusontop:

same here too mtn sucks
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Leorichy: 10:24am On May 20, 2016
JideSM:

false information, make a call some minute ago,was charged 40k/s, cell broadcast is turned on,but billing rate is not shown!
Cunty network!
Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by Exodusontop(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2016
You are correct...
Leorichy:

false information, make a call some minute ago,was charged 40k/s, cell broadcast is turned on,but billing rate is not shown!
Cunty network!

1 Like

Re: MTN Zone High Tariff Charges by PMONEY6: 11:08am On May 20, 2016
So I've been wasting my money for days now thinking it was something i don't know...

MTN left niash.

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Introduce A Code To Check Account Balance (How To) / 5 Hidden Instagram Tricks You Should Know / Alat By Wema Bank - My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.