Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,027 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog (13826 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / Why Does Kingebukasblog Lie? / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 19, 2016
I'm here to disprove the idea of Christian God as the supreme being. The law of nature negate the existence of one supreme God, I will rather believe we are our own god.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Scholar8200(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2016
So, can you explain how, "we are our own god"?
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 19, 2016
There is no God anywhere that create the universe, the matter and energy in the universe can't be contain by one entity, except the universe itself. we have higher beings mostly from other domain of the universe who interact and travel among galaxies and stars. Any of them can be name God, but none is superior; according to my own knowledge, human beings are nothing in the realm of universe as an entity, we are just human and that's all to it. I can decide to be a God by gaining knowledge and start my own philosophy, if I have the chance to be transported back to 32BC. Everything relvolve around knowledge, therefore, whomever is ready to learn and acquire knowledge will actually have the power to control the life of ingnorant beings, for example, Jesus Christ

4 Likes

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Tellemall: 1:08pm On May 19, 2016
Aren't all atheists opinions negated by their belief in the supernatural?
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 2:30pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:
There is no God anywhere that create this universe, the matter and energy in the universe can't be contain by one entity except the universe .

The universe is part of God /contained in HIM

https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

So God has that propensity to contain whatsoever .
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 2:33pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:
, we have higher beings mostly from other domain of the universe who interact and travel among galaxies and stars.

Can you provide cogent evidence for these elusive extraterrestrial beings - photos and videos of them making these travels would be nice
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 2:47pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

Everything relvolve around knowledge therefore whomever is ready to learn and acquire knowledge will actually have the power to control the life of ingnorant beings e.g (Jesus Christ).

you have made a claim here , an outlandish one . Knowkedge can be obtained through experience and observation . For someone like Christ to possess such ineffable knowledge of the universe , how to tweak nature itself - calming the storm , raising the dead , healing the sick and resurrection -he must be a witness to its creation or creator .

A witness to an event has experienced it - has knowledge of it and observed the processes /actions that occurred during the event . But the bible tells us that Christ was part of creation of the universe , so he has TOTAL knowledge of its functionalities - that's why he could/can tweak it for certain purposes , of course , with the bible as proof of his actions .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by UyiIredia(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:
I'm here to disprove the idea of Christian God the supreme being. The law of nature negate the existence of one supreme God, I will rather believe we are our own god.

No nature proves God. But since you are against the Christian God I'll leave you be. Except you are arguing against a creator God of the universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 2:57pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:
I'm here to disprove the idea of Christian God the supreme being. The law of nature negate the existence of one supreme God, I will rather believe we are our own god.

we are gods for sure ... Darrhh

PSALM 82 : 6

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
UyiIredia:

No nature proves God. But since you are against the Christian God I'll leave you be. Except you are arguing against a creator God of the universe.

Boss, I'm only arguing against Christian God as the creator of the universe. like I said earlier, the more knowledgable you are, the more you can convince people to do things in your own way e.g Jesus Christ and Muhammad S.A.W.Knowledge is the basis of the idea of God. There is no God anywhere superior to us human beings, but their are lot of other beings different from human beings existing in this universe. which I believe, they too have there own chance to civilization just like us humans.
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

you have made a claim here , an outlandish one . Knowkedge can be obtained through experience and observation . For someone like Christ to possess such ineffable knowledge of the universe , how to tweak nature itself - calming the storm , raising the dead , healing the sick and resurrection -he must be a witness to its creation or creator .

A witness to an event has experienced it - has knowledge of it and observed the processes /actions that occurred during the event . But the bible tells us that Christ was part of creation of the universe , so he has TOTAL knowledge of its functionalities - that's why he could/can tweak it for certain purposes , of course , with the bible as proof of his actions .
Boss, let me cite a very good example why I said nobody is superior in this universe, let's take 50 scientist and technologist from our time, and transport them back to 2000bc using time travel and time change dimension of 5th order(explicit mathematics), now possessing all the necessary things we have right now then in 2000bc, I assure you that whatever they lay there hand on will be miracle to the primitive people they will come across, to the extent that most of them will refer them as Gods, just because they posses the knowledge beyond there scope of reasoning. That's is just what happen to early pritmitve man like 6000BC, there inability to explain or define those beings that are already expose to there own civilization made them to see them as gods, there by worshipping them as a supreme beings, of which they are not. Project the future of mankind 500 years from now and tell me if human won't be like gods we are worshipping now. We are our own God.
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 19, 2016
Scholar8200:
So, can you explain how, "we are our own god"?
Boss hope I've answered your question
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by MrPresident1: 4:17pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

Boss, let me cite a very good example why I said nobody is superior in this universe, let's take 50 scientist and technologist from our time, and transport them back to 2000bc using time travel and time change dimension of 5th order(explicit mathematics), now possessing all the necessary things we have right now then in 2000bc, [b] I assure you that whatever they lay there hand on will be miracle to the primitive people [/b]they will come across, to the extent that most of them will refer them as Gods, just because they posses the knowledge beyond there scope of reasoning. That's is just what happen to early pritmitve man like 6000BC, there inability to explain or define those beings that are already expose to there own civilization made them to see them as gods, there by worshipping them as a supreme beings, of which they are not. Project the future of mankind 500 years from now and tell me if human won't be like gods we are worshipping now. We are our own God.

lol at primitive people. The folly of the modern man who thinks his civilisation is the greatest. Sorry to burst your bubble, if those scientists go back in time, they will surely find themselves to be learners in the face of the highly evolved beings and technologies they will encounter wink
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 19, 2016
MrPresident1:

lol at primitive people. The folly of the modern man who thinks his civilisation is the greatest. Sorry to burst your bubble, if those scientists go back in time, they will surely find themselves to be learners in the face of the highly evolved beings and technologies they will encounter wink

That's what I'm saying boss, you will be amaze of any knowledge or idea that you can't comprehend , that doesn't mean it's superior to you as a human being. if you start studying, and research very well you will gain that same knowledge. that was why I said in the first place, that we are gods. Hope you get me right here; being vastly more knowledgeable doesn't mean you are supreme.
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 6:49pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

That's what I'm saying boss, you will be amaze of any knowledge or idea that you can't comprehend that doesn't mean it's superior to you as a human being ( if you start studying and research very well you will gain that same knowledge. that was what I said in the first place that we are gods). Hope you get me right here, being vastly more knowledgeable doesn't mean you are supreme.

One question : can list attributes of a diety ?
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

One question : can list attributes of a diety ?
Boss, I don't believe in deity, I only believe in humanity.
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 9:37pm On May 19, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

Boss, I don't believe in deity, I only believe in humanity.

Humanity's existence was made possible by a diety or do you have any proof to rebut this ?
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Humanity's existence was made possible by a diety or do you have any proof to rebut this ?
No I don't have. Do you have any evidence to prove that deity made our existence possible?

3 Likes

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by dalaman: 3:20am On May 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please provide the video recording of Jesus doing all these things you are alleging or accept that you are lying. What are we to do with the stories written about Jesus doing wonders about 40-70 years after he died by people who never met him while he was alive ? Hope you know that the gospels were written 40-70 years after Jesus died by unknown christians who had never met Jesus in person.

3 Likes

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 6:51am On May 20, 2016
dalaman:

Please provide the video recording of Jesus doing all these things you are alleging or accept that you are lying. What are we to do with the stories written about Jesus doing wonders about 40-70 years after he died by people who never met him while he was alive ? Hope you know that the gospels were written 40-70 years after Jesus died by unknown christians who had never met Jesus in person.

I believe the bible by faith bro . This is not new now cool
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 7:15am On May 20, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

No I don't have. Do you have any evidence to prove that deity made our existence possible?

Well a creator of something caused its existence . Science has helped us to at least accept that that the universe has a cause and Religion guides us to understand the nature of the universe's creator .

The bible made us to understand that the creator is

- eternal : means uncreated , has no beginning an the end . So it's illogical to ask who created the creator or who designed the designer . For everything to exist , an all has to be eternal or else it progresses into infinite regression . God's eternal existence precludes infinite regression

-intelligent : his creative acts bestowed constituents of this universe with their functionalities . By the way , only an intelligent entity understands that its creation is functional and intelligent too . Eg planetary bodies , man . Like the way man understands that the robot he created is intelligent and performs a given task as it's supposed to . He also knows that robots , a factitious intelligent creation of his is not conscious

Conscious : The ability to be self aware . only a conscious entity can bestow you with consciousness . Consciousness is eternal - an attribute that was passed on to humans and even plants . Random processes lack the propensity to produce consciousness - a state of self awareness . Experiences , a path to knowledge , have made it known that consciousness does exist outside the brain or neural system .

has a Mind : Mind births mind . Mind bear thoughts . thoughts create matter . What is real to us was made possible through our thoughts . God's eternal thoughts brought forth our material universe.

The purpose of creation : why does everything exist . Why does anything need to exist . Why is nature functional . Why is there procreation
. Only a mind can possess a purpose for its actions . God's purpose of creating the universe has since been revealed in the bible .

Is immaterial : God is a Spirit whose existence is beyond the laws that control our universe . These laws govern the functioning of this universe . Man made science to understand how nature works . So science is apparently limited to the physical . The true nature of God can only be experienced , experience is a path to knowledge .

There are a thousand and one logical reasons to prove that the existence of an eternal creator , which I could have inundated you with , isn't mendacious - atheism is foolishness .
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 7:34am On May 20, 2016
Bamidelefundz:

Boss, let me cite a very good example why I said nobody is superior in this universe, let's take 50 scientist and technologist from our time, and transport them back to 2000bc using time travel and time change dimension of 5th order(explicit mathematics), now possessing all the necessary things we have right now then in 2000bc, I assure you that whatever they lay there hand on will be miracle to the primitive people they will come across, to the extent that most of them will refer them as Gods, just because they posses the knowledge beyond there scope of reasoning. That's is just what happen to early pritmitve man like 6000BC, there inability to explain or define those beings that are already expose to there own civilization made them to see them as gods, there by worshipping them as a supreme beings, of which they are not. Project the future of mankind 500 years from now and tell me if human won't be like gods we are worshipping now. We are our own God.

Suppositions bro . By the way man was not primitive , 'primitive' is pejorative as you clearly insinuated - he just did things differently , this changed as his understanding of nature broadened . I mean there were the pyramids of Egypt , agricultural development , very destructive weapons of war , man produced musical instruments which are used today , he wrote songs and books , had disquisitions on different issues which are still relevant now etc .

Even though time travel is not plausible at all , let's say scientists from the year 4000 travelled back in time , are we going to see them as gods simply because they possess superior knowledge of nature ?

The people who were not convinced by Christ's teachings even after his show great knowledge , wisdom and miracles were prespondent during his time , so you are making a false inference.

Christ was not even worshipped in the bible , during his lifetime , He was more like revered by his disciples and adherents of his teachings .
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 7:55am On May 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I believe the bible by faith bro . This is not new now cool
Mr KingEbukaNaija, just stick to this part. No one can argue this.

But don't lay further claims like they are more than your faith in them. All you have is faith not knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 12:46pm On May 20, 2016
Pyrrho:
Mr KingEbukaNaija, just stick to this part. No one can argue this.

But don't lay further claims like they are more than your faith in them. All you have is faith not knowledge.

Lol . There are proofs that biblical events did happen though and the biblical characters are actual humans .

You are the one who needs' corpulent faith ' - you have a ludicrous belief that nature found a way to be complex with no designer . Just imagine procreation for example - shi.t just figured itself out undecided . Smh .
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Weah96: 1:12pm On May 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

you have a ludicrous belief that nature found a way to be complex with no designer . Just imagine procreation for example - shi.t just figured itself out undecided . Smh .

First of all, a designer doesn't imply Bible god.

Second of all, your Bible god found a way to be infinitely more complex than the whole nature without needing any designer himself. But you are having a hard time accepting that Nature has the same ability.

Is that where your faith comes into play? You need faith to assume that the Bible god is the designer of the universe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Lol . There are proofs that biblical events did happen though and the biblical characters are actual humans .

You are the one who needs' corpulent faith ' - you have a ludicrous belief that nature found a way to be complex with no designer . Just imagine procreation for example - shi.t just figured itself out undecided . Smh .
There are proofs?

Stop fooling yourself, stick with what you know and can actually prove.

All you can prove is your faith.

There are better proofs for Buddha's existence. And he pre-dated your Bible and Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 3:26pm On May 20, 2016
Weah96:

Second of all, your Bible god found a way to be infinitely more complex than the whole nature without needing any designer himself. But you are having a hard time accepting that Nature has the same ability.

Is that where your faith comes into play? You need faith to assume that the Bible god is the designer of the universe.

Mr Weah , nature was given that ability because its a working system . There are software programs that can write codes for any particular application you want - somewhat "automated programming" . There are software programs designed to work that way - to write codes for the design of applications .

What gave nature that propensity seeing it has a cause ? The creator - the cause - gave it its abilities
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 3:27pm On May 20, 2016
Pyrrho:
There are proofs?

Stop fooling yourself, stick with what you know and can actually prove.

All you can prove is your faith.

There are better proofs for Buddha's existence. And he pre-dated your Bible and Christ.

If that delusion helps you to sleep at night , stick closely to it .
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by Weah96: 3:35pm On May 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Mr Weah , nature was given that ability because its a working system . There's a software that can write codes for any particular program you want - somewhat "automated programming" . The software was designed to work that way - to write codes for the design of other complex software .

What gave nature that propensity seeing it has a cause ?

Nature has no cause. It's a difficult concept for me to accept, but it shouldn't be for someone like you. That's because it's right up your alley. You already believe that it's possible for mega complex harbingers of intelligence to make themselves.
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 3:44pm On May 20, 2016
Weah96:

You would do well as a deist . First of all , you admit that there is a designer . But which is the true designer ? Here is where Religion comes in.

Nature has cause , God does not . You are always on the verge of being liberated from your delusion but something just draws you back to square one .

Faith is a substance - hard evidence , certainty , assurance that God indeed is the creator of the universe . Assumptions are not for certain , cannot withstand scrutiny and not tenable at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 3:51pm On May 20, 2016
Weah96:

Nature has no cause. It's a difficult concept for me to accept, but it shouldn't be for someone like you. That's because it's right up your alley. You already believe that it's possible for mega complex harbingers of intelligence to make themselves.

Nature has no cause ? *Sigh* , the nonsense you atheists come up with nowadays . Anyway , whether Nature has a cause or not , it does not preclude God's existence . Everything is part of a conscious eternal creator cool
Re: Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog by KingEbukaNaija: 4:06pm On May 20, 2016
Weah96:

Nature has no cause.

Its like you incorporate different ideas from different beliefs when presenting a rebuttal . Nature having no cause is a blatant assertion made by pantheism . It believes that nothing came before the universe so it has no cause and nothing exist outside nature that serves a source for its purpose .

It feels the need to make such intellectually indolent conclusion because of science's failure to discover the cause and nature of the cause of the universe and that since everything needs a cause , why doesn't God have one .

I mean who does not see the irony in this ? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? / Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? / The Importance Of Family Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.